Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,561 members, 7,809,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Chelsea's David Luiz Emerges As Arsenal Transfer Target - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Chelsea's David Luiz Emerges As Arsenal Transfer Target (18351 Views)

Liverpool Team Emerges As Europe's Most Valuable Squad / Chelsea Reject £17.6m From Arsenal For David Luiz / Cesc Fabregas And David Luiz Share Love-up Snaps To Celebrate Valentine’s Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea's David Luiz Emerges As Arsenal Transfer Target by erico2k2(m): 10:32am On Aug 08, 2019
fecosequence:
do you just read news headline? arsenal did the best transfer business.buying Luis is good at 8million with his premier league experience can play for 2yrs at the club leaving Saliba to adapt when he returns from his loan.not an arsenal fan but I'm really impressed.
concerning their midfield,dont forget iwobi can play deep if there is need to.so,even ceballos will play regularly this season,so not every club can feature a loan player regularly like that.once again I'm impressed
iwobi that is leaving soon??
Re: Chelsea's David Luiz Emerges As Arsenal Transfer Target by Birminghamvirgo(m): 10:39am On Aug 08, 2019
Arsenal formation this season be like:

1 Like

Re: Chelsea's David Luiz Emerges As Arsenal Transfer Target by Exempted: 10:50am On Aug 08, 2019
defolman:
Chelsea probably won't sell
Back up needed for the season ,plus transfer ban
. Check out my signature if u wanna smell good

It's not a matter of Chelsea selling him bro. It's a matter of the Manager wantin him in his plan. Lampard has told him that he will be second choice to Rudriger. So the lad feels angered by that. To me, nothing much there. So i see no reason he wants to leave.....
#ManUtd

1 Like

Re: Chelsea's David Luiz Emerges As Arsenal Transfer Target by Adakintroy2: 11:06am On Aug 08, 2019
YipadaGadgets1:

This one deep o

You stop at midfield that is were I notice you biase. As it stands every club is struggling. There is money but to players. The few good ones are overpriced. Ordinary maguire is 80m. See coutihno of 140m, the club is looking to loan him out. Performance issue. Arsenal is on strict budget. We are not own by some crazy Arab money bags. We have to work with our realities.

We have top underperforming players like ozil, mikhitarty , mustafi all sitting on big wages but failing to deliver. They need to be ship out to free up funds.

Many of you don't know how or care how club are run. All you know is that you want to be entertained. Knowledge you gain here can even help you in management's in everyday business pursuites,

1 Like

Re: Chelsea's David Luiz Emerges As Arsenal Transfer Target by fecosequence(m): 11:15am On Aug 08, 2019
erico2k2:
iwobi that is leaving soon??
arsenal will not sell at this time
Re: Chelsea's David Luiz Emerges As Arsenal Transfer Target by peeps4u: 12:47pm On Aug 08, 2019
chloride6:

Shebi na here we go dey

grin

Like I predicted.

Football is business, you don't expect clubs to give a 32-yr footballer a 4-year contact. Offloading such player will be hard in case he flops.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49275919
Re: Chelsea's David Luiz Emerges As Arsenal Transfer Target by Melian(f): 1:08pm On Aug 08, 2019
If he leaves for arsenal he's foolish. He shouldn't forget psg in a hurry because we won't take him back
Re: Chelsea's David Luiz Emerges As Arsenal Transfer Target by chloride6: 1:14pm On Aug 08, 2019
peeps4u:

Like I predicted.

Football is business, you don't expect clubs to give a 32-yr footballer a 4-year contact. Offloading such player will be hard in case he flops.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49275919

Naso...
Re: Chelsea's David Luiz Emerges As Arsenal Transfer Target by peeps4u: 1:53pm On Aug 08, 2019
Melian:
If he leaves for arsenal he's foolish. He shouldn't forget psg in a hurry because we won't take him back

At age 32?

LOL. Arsenal will probably be the last top team he will play for before maybe going back to Brazil. It is a good deal for him to go arsenal if he can get more playing time than in Chelsea.

1 Like

Re: Chelsea's David Luiz Emerges As Arsenal Transfer Target by Melian(f): 2:09pm On Aug 08, 2019
peeps4u:

At age 32?

LOL. Arsenal will probably be the last top team he will play for before maybe going back to Brazil. It is a good deal for him to go arsenal if he can get more playing time in Chelsea.

You're right. I like him. Don't want him to go ni
Re: Chelsea's David Luiz Emerges As Arsenal Transfer Target by logon599: 4:57pm On Aug 08, 2019
RolexOfGeneva:

So Holding is not a senior CB?

Is holding currently FIT?? Is he not injured?? Didn't you see me write FIT up there?? Gosh!!!
Re: Chelsea's David Luiz Emerges As Arsenal Transfer Target by logon599: 5:01pm On Aug 08, 2019
peeps4u:

You forgot Holding and he is ahead of Chambers and even Mustafi on pecking orders.
Saliba being sent back on loan was part of the deal.
Arsenal have equally gotten a midfielder from Real Madrid on loan who isn't bad and will play a meaningful part in the campaigns. This isn't mentioning Iwobi who can also be fielded in that position in case of emergency.

I quite believe we need a CB but your analysis are somehow misinformed. Arsenal has been impressive in the transfer this season and it isn't as bad as you put it.

Is holding currently FIT?? Is he not injured?? Didn't you see me write FIT up there??

For Saliba, comprehend what I'm saying PLS. Arsenal need a defender to bolster their team NOW first not the future. And they said they had limited cash. So spending the limited cash on a defender that can't help them NOW pls how wise does that sound to you??

And then for the midfield you honestly believe a midfield that has Xhaka Elneny Torreira and even Ceballos will stand up to the likes of Liverpool and Man city

I rest my case
Re: Chelsea's David Luiz Emerges As Arsenal Transfer Target by Kenneth10110(m): 5:41pm On Aug 08, 2019
David Luiz dealing is off i don't see it happening. Iwobi out
Re: Chelsea's David Luiz Emerges As Arsenal Transfer Target by Rekyz(m): 12:59pm On Aug 09, 2019
OMNIVIRUS:

I disagree, defenders prime is usually 26- 36
shocked
OMNIVIRUS:

I disagree, defenders prime is usually 26- 36
Goalkeepers not defenders. David Luiz recent performance clearly shows that he has passed his prime. He may be a good signing for Arsenal though.
Re: Chelsea's David Luiz Emerges As Arsenal Transfer Target by peeps4u: 3:25pm On Aug 09, 2019
logon599:

Is holding currently FIT?? Is he not injured?? Didn't you see me write FIT up there??

For Saliba, comprehend what I'm saying PLS. Arsenal need a defender to bolster their team NOW first not the future. And they said they had limited cash. So spending the limited cash on a defender that can't help them NOW pls how wise does that sound to you??

And then for the midfield you honestly believe a midfield that has Xhaka Elneny Torreira and even Ceballos will stand up to the likes of Liverpool and Man city

I rest my case

Oga, go and rest jare.

Holding is coming back to fitness.
Luiz has been added to defence with the new boy, Tierney.
Monreal can also be deployed at the central defence in case of injury.
For now, with limited resources, we have Luiz, Mustafi, Sokratis, Chamber, Holding, Monreal; all that can be deployed into the central defence.

As for Saliba, arsenal saw his availability at that price as a good deal and struck the deal, which was brilliant.

Acquisition of Luiz is to make up for him till he comes back next season and adapts fully with the league.

I doubt you're an arsenal fan, just a pained opposition fan.

Every arsenal fan agrees that arsenal have down well in this transfer with their acquisitions.

As for the midfield, mention a world class most midfielder in Liverpool midfield for them to beat barca or man city last season. Football is about team work, arsenal's current players in the midfield aren't bad. All that is needed is for the players to gel.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Leicester City Reacts To Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha Death In Helicopter Crash / Sure Banker Games / Arsenal Reach Agreement To Sign Declan Rice From West Ham For £105m

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.