Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,901 members, 7,806,628 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame (49691 Views)

Oladejo Lamikanra - Nigerian Lawyer Who Lied His Way To The Top / How Obasanjo Lied His Way To Heroism / Nigerians Lie: How Pastor Adeboye Lied His Way To Fame-Superego (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by UyiIredia(m): 8:11pm On Oct 19, 2010
i'm surfing US Patent Site now
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by chyz(m): 8:17pm On Oct 19, 2010
TewMuch:

Fine he can be certain people's hero's. Because even Igbo academic's have debunked his claims. But some people here are dying of anger when we speak the truth. Isnt there something wrong here? He is not a Nigerian Hero. finito.

Excuse me?? Igbo who? which igbo academics?
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by chyz(m): 8:19pm On Oct 19, 2010
I cant wait till this country breaks up because i see now that we igbos arent giving the yorubas enough space to shine thats why i suggest and will push for us to separate.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 19, 2010
bk.babe97y:

Riiiiigggght! Dude, ure in New York, I'm gonna leave Europe in a few days; I should be back home in NY by next Thursday. We can meet in any place of your choosing, I invite u to spend 6 hours hanging with me. If u dont contemplate suicide after witnessing a lifestyle that u never imagined existed, feel free to come on NL and bash me every which way possible!

I would have loved for  this LIE to give you the fame you crave but sadly,not in 2010 ,maybe in the next 20 life-times  grin cheesy
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by PhysicsMHD(m): 8:20pm On Oct 19, 2010
Emeagwali is a known fraud and it bothers me immensely that defenders of this charlatan, whether under the pretense of tribal solidarity, Nigerian nationalism, or black consciousness would dare to defend such an embarrassment to the extent that this thread could reach 9 pages.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by TewMuch: 8:24pm On Oct 19, 2010
chyz:

Excuse me?? Igbo who? which igbo academics?

Watch the YouTube video sef, this is so annoying that people are supporting him and arguing it sef. This post should not have passed page one.

http://magazine.biafranigeriaworld.com/cezeilo/2003nov09.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcml1gxtCCM

chyz:

I cant wait till this country breaks up because i see now that we igbos arent giving the yorubas enough space to shine thats why i suggest and will push for us to separate.
Good because it seems Igbo's will defend a criminal as long as he is Igbo. If this guy was Yoruba no one will claim him. You know why? Hes a big DISGRACE. Its not the fact that he is Igbo, but the fact that he is Nigerian and deceived Nigerian's, ad well as exposed them to ridicule through his lies which have gone global.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by DapoBear(m): 8:25pm On Oct 19, 2010
chyz:

I agree that the country should be broken up. Your post is good evidence of why. Here you are supporting a crook because of ethnicity. A crook who is not only making the name of your country look bad, but also your people. For me, I know that fraudulent Yoruba make my people look bad. So I'll be the first to attack them. I guess that you do not reason in the same way.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by chyz(m): 8:25pm On Oct 19, 2010
MrPrsdent:

I would have loved for  this LIE to give you the fame you crave but sadly,not in 2010 ,maybe in the next 20 life-times  grin cheesy

Dont mind him, thats just one of his rap lines. grin
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 19, 2010
at the mention of your name,haters tremble

Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by chyz(m): 8:30pm On Oct 19, 2010
DapoBear:

I agree that the country should be broken up. Your post is good evidence of why. Here you are supporting a crook because of ethnicity. A crook who is not only making the name of your country look bad, but also your people. For me, I know that fraudulent Yoruba make my people look bad. So I'll be the first to attack them. I guess that you do not reason in the same way.

We don't reason in the same way because i am reasoning with the actuality. Nigeria must break up.I am tired of the yorubas having to be bothered about whatever it is,whether good or bad, we Igbos do or have done. When your people get their own country they won't have to worry about Emeaqwali. That will be the end of it.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by EzeUche0(m): 8:32pm On Oct 19, 2010
Jealousy is throughout this thread.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by DapoBear(m): 8:33pm On Oct 19, 2010
chyz:

We don't reason in the same way because i am reasoning with the actuality. Nigeria must break up.I am tired of the yorubas having to be bothered about whatever it is,whether good or bad, we Igbos do or have done. When your people get their own country they won't have to worry about Emeaqwali. That will be the end of it.

Completely agree. But hopefully you see my perspective. White man doesn't know the difference between Igbo and Yoruba. "Oh, Dapo. You are from Nigeria! Oh yeah, Phillip too is from Nigeria!"

You feel me? So I'm getting tarred with the same brush as this crook. Which as you can see is entirely unfair.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by babapupa: 8:34pm On Oct 19, 2010
It's very unfortunate that Nigerians are used to fraud which makes it difficult for them to see and condemn fraudulent activities especially in the very insecure Igbo community where the tribe comes first and truth is always secondary or even irrelevant.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 8:34pm On Oct 19, 2010
TIME magazine: The "Unsung Hero" Behind the Internet

Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by EzeUche0(m): 8:36pm On Oct 19, 2010
chyz:

I am tired of people continuing to call him a fraud.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 8:38pm On Oct 19, 2010
slap1:

Don't they arrest people for claiming what they are not? Why is Emeagwali still free?
Nice question !!! So who do we consult now ?
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by AloyEmeka5: 8:39pm On Oct 19, 2010
~Bluetooth:

Nice question !!! So who do we consult now ?

Write to Time magazine, CNN, FOX and BBC for aiding and abetting this fraud known as Philip Emeagwali.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by AloyEmeka5: 8:40pm On Oct 19, 2010
babapupa:

It's very unfortunate that Nigerians are used to fraud which makes it difficult for them to see and condemn fraudulent activities especially in the very insecure Igbo community where the tribe comes and truth is always secondary or even irrelevant.

Very unfortunate indeed especially when the fraud has anything to do with Fashola.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by chyz(m): 8:43pm On Oct 19, 2010
EzeUche0:

I am tired of these Igbo haters as well. Yorubas are a jealous people. They are jealous of each other and other groups. I do not understand these foolish people.

I used to wonder why yorubas always say they are not going back to their village because they fear this or that. Its a shame that they cannot even go back to their own place of origin because of jealousy.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 8:45pm On Oct 19, 2010
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Mobinga: 8:48pm On Oct 19, 2010
shocked shocked His neice was my senior in Secondary school  angry The damn bitch gave me the worst punishment I have ever received!! Damn I hate her  angry

I'm sure Tim Berners-Lee is behind this  sad

guddsid:

are you guys even watching the champions league ,  
Madrid 2- AC Milan 0  grin

shocked shocked When did Real Madrid start getting good results in the CL??  shocked shocked Damn! I hate that Mourinho
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by DapoBear(m): 8:49pm On Oct 19, 2010
Point is very simple, guys. Suppose a guy with the same exact name as you is a serial rapist somewhere. Won't you be the first one to expose the guy, make sure he gets locked up and make sure people don't confuse him for you? Phillip E is not calling himself an Igbo scientist. Or an African-American scientist. He is calling himself a NIGERIAN and African scientist! Do you not see how his lies reflect poorly on all Africans, and Nigerians especially? Jeez, it is very, very simple. Dunno why you guys want to reduce everything to some mystical persecution of Igbos, or something. I personally don't give a damn that he is Igbo, he could be Itsekiri. But as soon as he attaches "NIGERIA" to his name, I have to be concerned.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 19, 2010
Now it's Yoruba vs. Igbo.

Well done o.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 19, 2010
"A father of the Internet" - CNN

Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by LouisThoru(f): 8:51pm On Oct 19, 2010
Bawss1:

Is there even such a category in the Nobel awards?

Its a good thing people are made aware of this scam artist. He is a disgrace!

http://www.sc2000.org/bell/pastawrd.htm

The guy didnt claim he own the Nobel peace prize but the Gordon Bell Prize in Computing:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Bell_Prize
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 19, 2010
lets watch champions league,while checking in from time-to-time on bad belle people  grin
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by chyz(m): 8:52pm On Oct 19, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Now it's Yoruba vs. Igbo.

Well done o.

One accomplishment by the Igbos must always be condemned by your brothers.why? is it that the Igbo are not giving them enough room to shine?
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by LouisThoru(f): 8:53pm On Oct 19, 2010
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by PhysicsMHD(m): 8:54pm On Oct 19, 2010
The Gordon Bell Award is in no way equivalent to the "Nobel Prize of computing". That distinction is reserved for the Turing Award. None of Emeagwali's research is of any relevance to anything significant in modern science.

There are Nigerians who have made actual contributions to science and yet numskulls here are defending this known fraud. The guy fooled you all. He couldn't make it academia so he pretended he was a superstar and made ludicrous amounts of money off of speaking engagements and got acclaim and praise for nothing.
Re: How Philip Emeagwali Lied His Way To Fame by Nobody: 8:55pm On Oct 19, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Write to Time magazine, CNN, FOX and BBC for aiding and abetting this fraud known as Philip Emeagwali.
The whole is aware of it already. . .Filipu is a thief.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (25) (Reply)

7 Senators That Constitute 'Cabal' In The Senate - NigerianBulletin / Young Fulani Bandits In Full Military Regalia And Armed With AK47 Riffle (video) / Meet The Members Of The Lagos Judicial Panel On SARS.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.