Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,420 members, 7,808,508 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:48 PM

Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? (31693 Views)

Japa: Man Fervently Prays On His Nigerian Passport For U.S Visa, Others (Video) / JAPA: Man Prays On His Nigerian Passport For US & Canadian Visa (VID) / What I Saw While Trying To Renew My Nigerian Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by Idrismusty97(m): 1:38pm On Aug 08, 2019
Renounce that shit, There is nothing special in being a Nigerian. Besides the country is too corrupt and porous anyways, you can still enjoy the privileges of being a Nigerian even without a passport just like our Francophone neighbors way up North are already doing.

1 Like

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by Dipsong: 1:39pm On Aug 08, 2019
izzou:
The poverty afflicted part of me is saying he should do it

But the remaining part of me is saying he shouldn't renounce it sad

Ur first phrase ehn grin grin grin chai u funny ehn
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by mysteryman2014: 1:39pm On Aug 08, 2019
Vixlot:
Yes...
Nigeria is the best country in the world
God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria

Op is a confused liar. Thailand allow dual citizenship

But this does not include dual citizenship by virtue of marriage.
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Aug 08, 2019
realestniggah:

Yeah that the way you think of it.. But imagine this.. You a black man at the airport presenting a Thailand passport while being a black man with a Nigerian accent.. Without knowing a word in Thailand..

How many of those countries his is going to visit?

He should hold on to his Nigerian passport incase whenever he comes in trouble the Nigerian embassy will come to his rescue.. In thialand he would always be a Nigerian anytime, any day.

He is a black man for God sake.. A black man will always stick out like a sore thumb in thialand.

Let him keep his passport

Oga free that nonsense. Nigerians with USA passport are threated as US citizEns.

5 Likes

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by Angelfrost(m): 1:39pm On Aug 08, 2019
flourishing247:
Haaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Imagine renouncing your heritage. The land of your birth!! No matter how bad a situation is, please stay patriotic!! I'm super proud to be a Nigerian.

No matter how bad?... Real hunger and poverty never touch you... You will not only renounce your country, you go even renounce spirit, soul and body join. tongue
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by denitro(m): 1:39pm On Aug 08, 2019
lonlytroy:
Yes but you will regret it last last

He will not. Nigeria is not the center of the universe.
He is better off as a citizen of a better organised society.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by Rasbel(m): 1:39pm On Aug 08, 2019
Pls do so o, coz i'm nt happy with man utd all... I mean are we actually going into the new season with rashford and martial as our goalscorers??
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by follock007(m): 1:39pm On Aug 08, 2019
i wouldn't be asking this on a public forum... If i haven't matured to the age of using a foreign passport i wouldn't even get close to it. The choice is yours
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by gmaribel(m): 1:40pm On Aug 08, 2019
grin
Immediately you come back to Nigeria you become a Nigerian passport or not

1 Like

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by nextstep(m): 1:40pm On Aug 08, 2019
flourishing247:
Haaaaaaaaaaaaa!!! Imagine renouncing your heritage. The land of your birth!! No matter how bad a situation is, please stay patriotic!! I'm super proud to be a Nigerian.

Your heritage/culture is one thing. I'm super proud to be a black man from West Africa, of Anioma extraction and can't renounce that.

The scam called Nigeria and its government is another thing entirely, and citizenship of this scam contraption is nothing to be proud of please.
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by GENTLETEE(m): 1:40pm On Aug 08, 2019
He should go with the Thailand passport. His future lies there now not Nigeria.
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by anyimontana(m): 1:40pm On Aug 08, 2019
AngelicBeing:
Thailand is visa free to 64 countries in the world while Nigeria is visa free to 45 countries. Thailand passport definitely has an upper hand and I will not blink an eyelid going for a passport that will open more opportunities for me with less negative profiling than the one that I will be profiled as a fraudster / drug courier, with Thailand passport you are visa free to Japan for15 days, Taiwan for 14 days and South Korea for 90 days,Thailand passport is also visa free to Singapore, Turkey, Brazil, Russia, Malaysia,
Qatar, Seychelles, South Africa, Argentina, Ecuador just to mention but a few, Thailand passport has more value than that of the headquarters of extreme poverty in the world shocked
I have a Thai former classmate,he said its hard for them to travel to u.k and us.cos they say they r going to sell drug or do olosho work

2 Likes

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by Samkleph: 1:41pm On Aug 08, 2019
Your dude is already married, go ahead and renounce Nigeria passport. There's never going to be issues when u need to come back home.
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by madgoat(m): 1:41pm On Aug 08, 2019
pastie:
He should claim his thai passport, He will always resume been a Nigerian citizen wherever he chose to

Sense will not kill you grin
Typically crook grin
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Aug 08, 2019
Isoduwa:
Thailand Wey poor like say na Zimbabwe both of them passport is write off

I'm willing to bet that they threat someone with a Zim passport far far far better than someone with a Nigerian passport at the airport.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by edobalo: 1:42pm On Aug 08, 2019
What are you waiting for? This country is the worst place to live in.
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by maestroz: 1:42pm On Aug 08, 2019
Jewingle:
Good morning good people of Nairaland. Please I need your input on this.

I have a friend that recently got married to a young beautiful lady from Thailand. She came to Nigeria, they got married and after everything they both traveled to Thailand .

Now, his wife wants him to forfeit his Nigerian passport to gain Thailand passport since they don’t allow dua citizenship. I adviced him to go ahead with the Thailand passport since this could be once in a lifetime opportunity because he was really contemplating on weather it’s a good idea or not.

Pls travel gurus and experts. What’s your take on this?
Is this move a good idea? Would it affect him in the future? Please advice from travel experts and experienced folks will be deeply appreciated

What are you waiting for?
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by nextstep(m): 1:42pm On Aug 08, 2019
anyimontana:
I have a Thai former classmate,he said its hard for them to travel to u.k and us.cos they say they r going to sell drug or do olosho work

It can't be harder than trying to travel with Naija passport. Even if it's the lesser of two evils, I say take it.

1 Like

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by captianfreeman(m): 1:42pm On Aug 08, 2019
That is obviously a very bad idea. It is like putting all of your eggs in one basket.
If he fall out of favour with his wife in the future, he will live to regret renouncing his Nigerian passport.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by ednut1(m): 1:43pm On Aug 08, 2019
Mumu lies

1 Like

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by mysteryman2014: 1:43pm On Aug 08, 2019
Nyamiri:
Thailand allows dual citizenship but if you entered Thailand with Naija passport and you get Thai passport while in Thailand, you must leave with your Nigerian passport.

That woman wants to isolate and destroy the nigger.

Confusing, as in he must travel outside Thailand with Nigerian passport so the guy will be marooned in Thailand for life or what?
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by chan9ja: 1:43pm On Aug 08, 2019
Now listen very carefully... As a black skinned man in Asia, even a Thai passport wouldn't help u... He should just stick with their marriage pass or resident permit on his Nigerian passport...

7 Likes

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by ehirosplusbiz(m): 1:43pm On Aug 08, 2019
Speed ip
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by Boss20: 1:44pm On Aug 08, 2019
Just got this online.

With Thailand passport you can visit Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, Russia, South Africa, Singapore, Hongkong, Qatar, Turkey and other good countries without a visa.

Please dont think twice in getting that passport brother, its the best decision you can make now.

God bless

3 Likes

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by Bluffly: 1:45pm On Aug 08, 2019
You are free as it is your life. Why bother us.

On the second thought ask her to relocate to Nigeria with you as well and forget her Thailand citizenship and get a Nigerian one. Both of you should then travel back to Thailand and live like a foreigner and permanent resident
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by Seacube: 1:46pm On Aug 08, 2019
Brother I haven't traveled before but am just patiently waiting for an opportunity to run... As in run away from here and the only thing I promise my unborn children is giving them life outside Nigeria and God is involved now so.... Make use of that opportunity well
God bless you

1 Like

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by TheAngry1: 1:46pm On Aug 08, 2019
pastie:

No, I will advise him to claim the thailand passport, I see nothing special being a nigerian, let him use the passport to explore that site of life, and incase things go array, claiming back nigerian passport won't be that hard.

No character at all. Renounce because of Thailand? Rubbish.
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by ilemonaokolo555: 1:47pm On Aug 08, 2019
Change
Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by alphaNomega: 1:47pm On Aug 08, 2019
Boss20:
Just got this online.

64 Countries allowed to enter Thailand under the VISA EXEMPTION RULE:

Andorra
Argentina (90 days)
Australia
Austria
Bahrain
Belgium
Brazil (30 days and 90 days)
Brunei
Cambodia (14 days only)
Canada
Chile (90 days)
Czech Republic
Denmark
Estonia
Finland
France
Germany
Greece
Hong Kong
Hungary
Iceland
Indonesia
Ireland
Israel
Italy
Japan
Korea (30 days and 90 days)
Kuwait
Laos
Latvia
Liechtenstein
Lithuania
Luxembourg
Macau
Malaysia
Maldives
Mauritius
Myanmar (14 days only)
Monaco
Mongolia
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Oman
Peru (30 days and 90 days)
Philippines
Poland
Portugal
Qatar
Russia
San Marino
Singapore
Slovak Republic
Slovenia
South Africa
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Turkey
Ukraine
United Arab Emirates
United Kingdom
United States
Vietnam

With Thailand passport you can visit US, Canada, Australia, UK, Sweden, UAE and other 1st world countries without a visa.

Please dont think twice in getting that passport brother, its the best decision you can make now.

God bless

Really?

2 Likes

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by Odinaka00(m): 1:48pm On Aug 08, 2019
Thailand kwa? Like Thailand seriously.. Is that how much you hate Nigeria? Lol

1 Like

Re: Should I Renounce My Nigerian Passport For A Thailand Passport? by deor03(m): 1:48pm On Aug 08, 2019
izzou:
The poverty afflicted part of me is saying he should do it

But the remaining part of me is saying he shouldn't renounce it sad

Under Nigerian Constitution , he can never loose his Nigerian Citizenship especially if he is a Nigerian by birth

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

South Africa Based Nigerian Man Dies - Months After Opening His New House. PICS / Update On Third Mainland Bridge Repairs (week 6) / Passenger Killed After Fatal Accident Along Benin-ore Expressway. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.