Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,572 members, 7,809,087 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:43 PM

TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers (36818 Views)

TECNO Beats Samsung, Others To Claim Africa's Top Smartphone Brand 2020 / Nigeria Ranked 4th In List Of Selected Countries With The Cheapest Data Plans / Top Smartphone Makers And The Football Teams They Support (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by Icon79(m): 3:46pm On Aug 08, 2019
That was before Samsung and all the other knocked off phone makers started pumping phones into the market like there's no tomorrow.

Apple only releases one model phone per year, whereas Samsung pumps in about 6 or more models every year. An in addition, apple phones are too expensive for an average consumer so they tend to go with the cheaper Samsung and other models.

O pari

gistpartner:
So please give analysis for when Apple was number 1, how do you explain this?

Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by Nobody: 3:47pm On Aug 08, 2019
Tekno na rubbish phone. There's no phone like Samsung and Apple IPhone. I use a Tekno K9 and the experience has been terrible. Freezes at very instance, camera is poor, ram is slow.
Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by DarkJeddi(m): 4:27pm On Aug 08, 2019
umarsule885:
Trade war was part of the reason for Huawei ascending while iPhone decending....
If Huawei are being intimidated by Trump and non Chinese shying away from their devices,how exactly did THAT improve their ascendancy?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by OHIsIManuEL(m): 4:48pm On Aug 08, 2019
Icon79:
That was before Samsung and all the other knocked off phone makers started pumping phones into the market like there's no tomorrow.

Apple only releases one model phone per year, whereas Samsung pumps in about 6 or more models every year. An in addition, apple phones are too expensive for an average consumer so they tend to go with the cheaper Samsung and other models.

O pari

You're right sha, the number of phones Samsung don release this year sha
The whole A series
M series
s10 family
Note 10
Nor be small thing

3 Likes

Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by lomprico(m): 5:28pm On Aug 08, 2019
Cadec007:
in terms of quality it is

SAMSUNG
Huawei
One Plus
Oppo
Google
VIVO
Apple

I think its quantity cos tecno is not qualified to be in that top 10

2 Likes

Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by maasoap(m): 6:14pm On Aug 08, 2019
TGM2015:
This is not about the quality of phones produced but quantity of phone bought is (shipped) within the period under review.

Did this explanation necessary? Could they have been talking about quality? Lol
Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by maasoap(m): 6:17pm On Aug 08, 2019
Good for Tecno, congratulations! But I can never use their overpriced crap again, not again!
Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by saxby(f): 6:25pm On Aug 08, 2019
Actually they are really amazing
Jaynom:
Tecno's Cameras are amazing. I can't even lie
Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by saxby(f): 6:26pm On Aug 08, 2019
Nice nice Tecno
One step at a time cool
Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by SofttBae: 7:00pm On Aug 08, 2019
Tecno is trying sha... They're getting there
Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by TGM2015: 7:59pm On Aug 08, 2019
maasoap:

Did this explanation necessary? Could they have been talking about quality? Lol
Just checked some comments before and after. Some comments before have modified theirs self.
Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by ZesusHVWritter(m): 8:11pm On Aug 08, 2019
Onlinealaba:
Where is my beloved Xiaomi on the list undecided

CHECK MY PROFILE, your electronics at best prices
Xiaomi is 5th in the same list tecno is placed 9th, accounting for 10% share of the smartphone shipment with 31.9 million phones shipped.
The op omitted xiaomi because the post isnt to promote xiaomi but tecno, so instead looking into the op, look into the web of entries.

1 Like

Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by Chiemezueajuzie: 10:12pm On Aug 08, 2019
I will say they are there already wink
SofttBae:
Tecno is trying sha... They're getting there
Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by investigator007: 10:50am On Aug 09, 2019
Yeah actually
Corroro:
the African market really serves as a manure for the ever growing Tecno company, they have really made gains here

1 Like

Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by scarycuteface(m): 1:45pm On Aug 09, 2019
Tecno is really good to be honest. I enjoyed the ones I have used.
Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by scarycuteface(m): 2:17pm On Aug 09, 2019
Chiemezueajuzie:
I will say they are there already wink
with the review on their products so far they are doing great and they have improve a lot and i believe that they are still working on more things.
Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by scarycuteface(m): 2:34pm On Aug 09, 2019
i heard the tecno phantom 9 camera is the best camera in the phone industry right now
Jaynom:
Tecno's Cameras are amazing. I can't even lie
Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by scarycuteface(m): 12:10pm On Aug 10, 2019
the camera is not bad very clear, just hope the work more on some important stuff on their next update
Ennyholar:
According to the popular IHS Markit list of the world’s top smartphone makers, Apple is the biggest loser during the second quarter of 2019. The USA tech company drops to 4th on the list as they could only ship out 35.3 million phones.

Samsung leads the list with 75.1 million phones shipped during the quarter. Huawei comes 2nd with 58.7 million phones, Oppo at 3rd with 36.2 million phones. Rounding up the list is Vivo, LG, Motorola, Tecno and TCL-Alcatel.

Many analysts believe the reason for the drop in sales of iPhones is due to its consumers holding on to older models. While this is right in its own standard, it doesn’t take a genius to figure out that Apple refusal to release cheaper iPhones to target emerging markets also has a role to play.

One of the many smartphone makers to have capitalised on the potential of emerging markets is Tecno. The Hong-Kong owned company is ranked 9th on the IHS Markit list with most of their revenue coming from Africa.

Tecno shipped 3.9 million phones in the second quarter of 2019 which accounts for 1% of the market share. In the first quarter of 2019, the company shipped 3.8 million phones. It’s not really progress considering that in the second quarter of 2018, they had shipped 4 million phones. So it’s fair to say their sales have been somewhat stagnant over the past 12 months.

At this point where the general sales of smartphones are decreasing drastically, Tecno has arguably had a successful business quarter compared to Apple.

https://www.phonecorridor.com/2019/08/tecno-moves-to-9th-while-apple-slips-to-4th-in-the-list-of-top-smartphone-makers/

Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by Telvin7(m): 12:51pm On Aug 10, 2019
sunboy:
Are we talking about the same Tecno that did not leave the shores of Africa ?

That chart must be for Africa not the world.
I swr
Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by Telvin7(m): 12:53pm On Aug 10, 2019
Ennyholar:
According to the popular IHS Markit list of the world’s top smartphone makers, Apple is the biggest loser during the second quarter of 2019. The USA tech company drops to 4th on the list as they could only ship out 35.3 million phones.

Samsung leads the list with 75.1 million phones shipped during the quarter. Huawei comes 2nd with 58.7 million phones, Oppo at 3rd with 36.2 million phones. Rounding up the list is Vivo, LG, Motorola, Tecno and TCL-Alcatel.

Many analysts believe the reason for the drop in sales of iPhones is due to its consumers holding on to older models. While this is right in its own standard, it doesn’t take a genius to figure out that Apple refusal to release cheaper iPhones to target emerging markets also has a role to play.

One of the many smartphone makers to have capitalised on the potential of emerging markets is Tecno. The Hong-Kong owned company is ranked 9th on the IHS Markit list with most of their revenue coming from Africa.

Tecno shipped 3.9 million phones in the second quarter of 2019 which accounts for 1% of the market share. In the first quarter of 2019, the company shipped 3.8 million phones. It’s not really progress considering that in the second quarter of 2018, they had shipped 4 million phones. So it’s fair to say their sales have been somewhat stagnant over the past 12 months.

At this point where the general sales of smartphones are decreasing drastically, Tecno has arguably had a successful business quarter compared to Apple.

https://www.phonecorridor.com/2019/08/tecno-moves-to-9th-while-apple-slips-to-4th-in-the-list-of-top-smartphone-makers/

that's a big lie .......Mrs marketer .

I think this is African chart sales
Check gsm arena for the original result
Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by Chiemezueajuzie: 5:09pm On Aug 13, 2019
Slow and steady wins the race
Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by Joezik(m): 9:18pm On Aug 13, 2019
Telvin7:
that's a big lie .......Mrs marketer .

I think this is African chart sales
Check gsm arena for the original result

yeah it's true o.... According to gsmarena Tecno is not on that list of top ten......

https://m.gsmarena.com/samsung_remains_the_top_smartphone_manufacturer_huawei_and_apple_follow-news-38428.php
Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by Joezik(m): 9:19pm On Aug 13, 2019
Tecno marketer self.....Why Fabricate lies
Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by Gwandana: 12:07am On Aug 17, 2019
That wouldn't be surprising to me grin
scarycuteface:
i heard the tecno phantom 9 camera is the best camera in the phone industry right now
Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by Realboygenius(m): 7:26pm On Aug 22, 2019
majamajic:
Nigeria deserve some ink on why tecno moved up to 9th position.

I hope to see ITEL up there soon

We need to sit back and learn from Tecno.
Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by Realboygenius(m): 7:26pm On Aug 22, 2019
Joezik:
Tecno marketer self.....Why Fabricate lies

There's source on that post
You can verify
Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by Chiemezueajuzie: 6:10pm On Aug 23, 2019
Lol actually we do need to learn
Realboygenius:

We need to sit back and learn from Tecno.
Re: TECNO Moves To 9th While Apple Slips To 4th In The List Of Top Smartphone Makers by Realboygenius(m): 6:07pm On Aug 29, 2019
Spygadgets19:
Tekno na rubbish phone. There's no phone like Samsung and Apple IPhone. I use a Tekno K9 and the experience has been terrible. Freezes at very instance, camera is poor, ram is slow.

Out of all the series Tecno get to offer you used their budget device and base your conclusion on that.
Have you their mid range?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Best Phone 25k Can Get? / My Bad Experience At Emeka Offor Plaza Onitsha.. / Top Android 3d Hd Games Under 50mb With Download Links

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.