Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,477 members, 7,808,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

But Why Does It Seem Hard To Get A Good Dog In This Country? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / But Why Does It Seem Hard To Get A Good Dog In This Country? (1635 Views)

Man Pastes Obituary Of His Late Dog In Ghana (Photos) / Man Kills Python That Swallowed His Dog In Anambra. Photos / Lady Holds Baby Shower For Her Pregnant Dog In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

But Why Does It Seem Hard To Get A Good Dog In This Country? by Michaelking1302(m): 11:30am On Aug 08, 2019
its funny the kinda dog quality people claim to be excellent and would still want to charge so much money for...
meanwhile if you have a good GSD pup for sale in ibadan.. please chat me up on whatsapp 08149300143 with pictures.

1 Like

Re: But Why Does It Seem Hard To Get A Good Dog In This Country? by savagefinder1: 2:40pm On Aug 08, 2019
Michaelking1302:
its funny the kinda dog quality people claim to be excellent and would still want to charge so much money for...
meanwhile if you have a good GSD pup for sale in ibadan.. please chat me up on whatsapp 08149300143 with pictures.

Can u cough out 350K for a GSD pup?

1 Like

Re: But Why Does It Seem Hard To Get A Good Dog In This Country? by Eveezy(m): 3:22pm On Aug 08, 2019
Michaelking1302:
You may be in Nigeria but not in the right places in Nigeria, you can’t sit at home and complain that you are not seeing good dogs in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: But Why Does It Seem Hard To Get A Good Dog In This Country? by HumphreyBold(m): 9:06am On Aug 12, 2019
Michaelking1302:

You don’t have money

1 Like

Re: But Why Does It Seem Hard To Get A Good Dog In This Country? by Kelvin30286063(m): 12:31pm On Aug 13, 2019
Michaelking1302:
Shut up there. You sit at Ibadan and complain that there are no quality dogs in Nigeria, your case serious gan ooo.
Re: But Why Does It Seem Hard To Get A Good Dog In This Country? by toyobillz(m): 1:59pm On Aug 13, 2019
Michaelking1302:

Money issue bruv cheesy grin
Re: But Why Does It Seem Hard To Get A Good Dog In This Country? by Michaelking1302(m): 1:01pm On Aug 19, 2019
You have no idea...
savagefinder1:

Re: But Why Does It Seem Hard To Get A Good Dog In This Country? by Michaelking1302(m): 1:04pm On Aug 19, 2019
Am I suppose to knock on every door in the neighborhood looking around for dogs?? I can sit anywhere and complain about anything I see fit. So far I didn't abuse or call out anyone undecided
Eveezy:

You may be in Nigeria but not in the right places in Nigeria, you can’t sit at home and complain that you are not seeing good dogs in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: But Why Does It Seem Hard To Get A Good Dog In This Country? by Michaelking1302(m): 1:06pm On Aug 19, 2019
And why do you have to use parasol for my headache. Last time I checked you aren't dangotes family also. You don't know me and do not know what I'm capable of. So stay out of it if nothing useful could come forth from you.. undecided
HumphreyBold:

You don’t have money

1 Like

Re: But Why Does It Seem Hard To Get A Good Dog In This Country? by Michaelking1302(m): 1:12pm On Aug 19, 2019
Imagine how daft a human like you can be. I was only saying thing that I've seen and I didn't remember abusing you or anyone, so why do you have to come bark on my thread. If you are depressed or have a problem then use the energy somewhere else and not on me Biko. So Just stay off if you don't have any useful info please. Imagine whose case is now serious. Yours or mine... You should be ashamed of yourself....
SMH...
Kelvin30286063:

Shut up there. You sit at Ibadan and complain that there are no quality dogs in Nigeria, your case serious gan ooo.
Re: But Why Does It Seem Hard To Get A Good Dog In This Country? by Michaelking1302(m): 1:31pm On Aug 19, 2019
I believe so sha. What is just annoying is some folks will show you dogs that are like next to mongrel and still claim they are pedigree and tag big prices.. That was what I was angry about oo..
toyobillz:

Money issue bruv cheesy grin
Re: But Why Does It Seem Hard To Get A Good Dog In This Country? by Michaelking1302(m): 1:32pm On Aug 19, 2019
Meanwhile if you're the bro that contacted me from this thread some days ago. That we discussed about your puppies. Please please and please. I have misplaced your contact cos I changes my phone. Please contact me ������ embarassed cry
Re: But Why Does It Seem Hard To Get A Good Dog In This Country? by Eveezy(m): 4:13pm On Aug 19, 2019
Michaelking1302:
Am I suppose to knock on every door in the neighborhood looking around for dogs?? I can sit anywhere and complain about anything I see fit. So far I didn't abuse or call out anyone undecided
SMH did you ask questions? How exactly do you think? When I told you that you can’t sit at home and complain when you have not search, how did your brain interprete for you that I meant you should knock house by house? Bros you don’t sit down in your house and say that there are no good furnitures, phones, cars or anything at all in Nigeria when you have not even searched. Just keep quiet and accept that your argument was false, seek Nd ye shall find
Re: But Why Does It Seem Hard To Get A Good Dog In This Country? by Michaelking1302(m): 6:19am On Aug 21, 2019
Eveezy:

SMH did you ask questions? How exactly do you think? When I told you that you can’t sit at home and complain when you have not search, how did your brain interprete for you that I meant you should knock house by house? Bros you don’t sit down in your house and say that there are no good furnitures, phones, cars or anything at all in Nigeria when you have not even searched. Just keep quiet and accept that your argument was false, seek Nd ye shall find

Obviously there's something else you're looking for on this matter.. I'm in a good mood this morning so I'm just gonna modify all that I've written. So Mr Solomon, you can choke on your info and knowledge if you don't have any positivity coming forth from you. And in case you wanna see some real GSDs from real kernels, I'll give you contacts so adios amigos
Re: But Why Does It Seem Hard To Get A Good Dog In This Country? by Michaelking1302(m): 6:29am On Aug 21, 2019
Eveezy:

You didn't abuse me and clearly I didn't send such to you initially.. I just wonder what the fuss is about.

The reason why y'all couldn't get my initial statement clear is the reason why y'all getting of the muddy part of me. So if you want an explanation. Here is it so you go back and read again. I didn't say you can't get good stuffs in the country but what some people serve you for outrageous prices is what annoys me. Simple.. Adios amigos

1 Like

Re: But Why Does It Seem Hard To Get A Good Dog In This Country? by Eveezy(m): 2:00pm On Aug 21, 2019
Michaelking1302:

Obviously there's something else you're looking for on this matter.. I'm in a good mood this morning so I'm just gonna modify all that I've written. So Mr Solomon, you can choke on your info and knowledge if you don't have any positivity coming forth from you. And in case you wanna see some real GSDs from real kernels, I'll give you contacts so adios amigos

Lol ok, I do not need contacts. You were the one who said you haven’t seen.

Anyways, thank God that you have seen now people in Nigeria who have good Gsd
Re: But Why Does It Seem Hard To Get A Good Dog In This Country? by vincentjk(m): 3:36pm On Aug 21, 2019
Op I personally think you're wrong, if yiu need a good gsd and have the money as you portray then talk to Peragsd

He got what you want here on NL
Re: But Why Does It Seem Hard To Get A Good Dog In This Country? by bamdel002: 3:44pm On Aug 21, 2019
savagefinder1:

Charging exhorbitantly on dogs doesn't necessarily mean its good...Most times its just packaged.
Re: But Why Does It Seem Hard To Get A Good Dog In This Country? by Michaelking1302(m): 3:54pm On Aug 21, 2019
bamdel002:
Charging exhorbitantly on dogs doesn't necessarily mean its good...Most times its just packaged.

Bless you bro.. Just the point I'm trying to make and some folks are here pulling my jugular
Re: But Why Does It Seem Hard To Get A Good Dog In This Country? by savagefinder1: 8:41pm On Aug 21, 2019
Michaelking1302:

Bless you bro.. Just the point I'm trying to make and some folks are here pulling my jugular

bamdel002:

Trust me bro,
It's not everybody that is involved in whatsoever u mean by "packaging".

These two dogs with me... Na German shepherd dem both be ooo...
Let ur eyes do the thinking for a start,
Do u think they will command the same price?.
It's not all dealers that are involved in propagandas
Peace...

Re: But Why Does It Seem Hard To Get A Good Dog In This Country? by PeraGSD: 12:32pm On Aug 22, 2019
Seek and you shall find.
Re: But Why Does It Seem Hard To Get A Good Dog In This Country? by Michaelking1302(m): 3:41pm On Aug 22, 2019
savagefinder1:

Trust me bro,
It's not everybody that is involved in whatsoever u mean by "packaging".

These two dogs with me... Na German shepherd dem both be ooo...
Let ur eyes do the thinking for a start,
Do u think they will command the same price?.
It's not all dealers that are involved in propagandas
Peace...

But he has a point.. If you don't sweet talk dogs doesn't mean other don't. And you know it bros.
Now let's do this. If you were the owner of those two dogs you posted. How much would you sell them as pup?? Or should I say buy?
Let's see how well your conscience is
Re: But Why Does It Seem Hard To Get A Good Dog In This Country? by savagefinder1: 6:33pm On Aug 22, 2019
Michaelking1302:

But he has a point.. If you don't sweet talk dogs doesn't mean other don't. And you know it bros.
Now let's do this. If you were the owner of those two dogs you posted. How much would you sell them as pup?? Or should I say buy?
Let's see how well your conscience is

What makes u think his point is valid?.
Did he elaborate on his encounter?
I could as well meet up with just one crook and come up with the same erroneous assumption.
Apologies... But I feel drawing up a conclusion based on a not-so-deep investigation is a shallow thing to do.

Bro...
I speak for myself and myself only
You raised an opinion and I also raised mine, with facts known to me.

Just so u know,
The second dog is from the Netherlands.
So.. Do the maths yourself, worse off u can use Google.
Costs of quality GSD pups in the Netherlands, cost of ferrying it home, pet paspport, documentation of vaccines, and all other associated issues.

We could talk about price if you're game to procure one

...and please, stop tying conscience to the constraint of your pocket or opinion.
What you think is expensive means almost nothing to some people.
Bless you.
Re: But Why Does It Seem Hard To Get A Good Dog In This Country? by bamdel002: 9:17pm On Aug 22, 2019
savagefinder1:

I could as well meet up with just one crook and come up with the same erroneous assumption.
Apologies... But I feel drawing up a conclusion based on a not-so-deep investigation is a shallow thing to do.

Bro...

Just so u know,
Costs of quality GSD pups in the Netherlands, cost of ferrying it home, pet paspport, documentation of vaccines, and all other associated issues.

...and please, stop tying conscience to the constraint of your pocket or opinion.
Bless you. There are lots of good breeds here in Nigeria equivalent to the dogs imported with High cost ... Most times its just documents we paying for. Not the dog itself. My opinion tho.

Re: But Why Does It Seem Hard To Get A Good Dog In This Country? by bamdel002: 9:18pm On Aug 22, 2019
[quote author=bamdel002 post=81511224][/quote]There are lots of good breeds here in Nigeria equivalent to the dogs imported with High cost ... Most times its just documents we paying for. Not the dog itself. My opinion tho.
Re: But Why Does It Seem Hard To Get A Good Dog In This Country? by Michaelking1302(m): 12:52am On Aug 23, 2019
savagefinder1:

Bro...

Just so u know,

Bless you.

Smiles... You still don't get the whole situation. Do you. Obviously you are angry and angry at what seems to be known to you only. Cos I really do not see why anyone should be pissed at the thread from onset.
I know what it is and what getting a good dog is. GSDs at that. I've travelled to Ghana in no counts and I've seen dogs. Check Zan kernel, Champion kernel, etc on instagram. These guys sells their dogs for not less that a thousand dolls for a pup and heaven knows it's worth it.

Now when you say you need dogs here in 9ja the people who gets on your thread sends ekuke to you and call it 50k would you buy? Sometimes when you see what it's worth even if you don't have you might take extra steps. So if after I've tried and what I've been seeing ain't worth it, am I not gonna say it the way it is? I once brough a dog for PH and it was for the love and cos on a norm I won't dare stress myself. I freaking crossed that dog with 20k cos the male was worth it. Would you cross your dog with even 10k of the male isn't worth it but I wanted good puppies and the male was excellent. Story for another time....

But when you talked about the the two dogs you posted, you layer emphasis on the second one cos obviously it isn't a regular but when I told you to drop price to check your conscience it was to see if you put those two dogs on a same price tag. Mehn I don't know what the fuss is all about oo but never the less I think getting someone's point before venting is necessary sir. Two of my colleagues got their dogs from a kernel also in Ghana. With imported papers. But since they've been posted to the northeast they went with their dogs and unfortunately they are even males so when I'm in search of something I know what I'm looking for...

And as for your shot about pocket constraint or whatever I see to be expensive is one thing to another person, bros joke is on you not me. Cos you obviously don't know me and uneven if I have or not I wasn't raised to put money on things that are not worth it's price. Thank you my buy all

Take care bros

1 Like

Re: But Why Does It Seem Hard To Get A Good Dog In This Country? by Michaelking1302(m): 1:09am On Aug 23, 2019
Take a close look at these puppies which are definitely or probably almost the same range. Would you pay let's say 100k as same price for the two?

If anyone is gonna give me crazy bill on a dog let it be worth it.

Re: But Why Does It Seem Hard To Get A Good Dog In This Country? by savagefinder1: 8:11am On Aug 23, 2019
Michaelking1302:

Smiles... You still don't get the whole situation. Do you. Obviously you are angry and angry at what seems to be known to you only. Cos I really do not see why anyone should be pissed at the thread from onset.
I know what it is and what getting a good dog is. GSDs at that. I've travelled to Ghana in no counts and I've seen dogs. Check Zan kernel, Champion kernel, etc on instagram. These guys sells their dogs for not less that a thousand dolls for a pup and heaven knows it's worth it.

Now when you say you need dogs here in 9ja the people who gets on your thread sends ekuke to you and call it 50k would you buy? Sometimes when you see what it's worth even if you don't have you might take extra steps. So if after I've tried and what I've been seeing ain't worth it, am I not gonna say it the way it is? I once brough a dog for PH and it was for the love and cos on a norm I won't dare stress myself. I freaking crossed that dog with 20k cos the male was worth it. Would you cross your dog with even 10k of the male isn't worth it but I wanted good puppies and the male was excellent. Story for another time....

But when you talked about the the two dogs you posted, you layer emphasis on the second one cos obviously it isn't a regular but when I told you to drop price to check your conscience it was to see if you put those two dogs on a same price tag. Mehn I don't know what the fuss is all about oo but never the less I think getting someone's point before venting is necessary sir. Two of my colleagues got their dogs from a kernel also in Ghana. With imported papers. But since they've been posted to the northeast they went with their dogs and unfortunately they are even males so when I'm in search of something I know what I'm looking for...

And as for your shot about pocket constraint or whatever I see to be expensive is one thing to another person, bros joke is on you not me. Cos you obviously don't know me and uneven if I have or not I wasn't raised to put money on things that are not worth it's price. Thank you my buy all

Take care bros

No one is angry bro grin,
I didn't expect some of your subsequent questions.
I'm just sad you failed to comprehend my write up.

savagefinder1:

...and please, stop tying conscience to the constraint of your pocket or opinion. what you think is expensive means almost nothing to some people.
Bless you.

The above statement is not a shade bro. I spoke in English. I can see you're only talking about what and what not you can purchase with your money, forgetting the fact that I included "opinion" as well.

How u were raised isn't my business bro!

I really can't do this anymore when you can't comprehend the reason(s) behind my comment.

I'm sorry if ur offended in anyway... I wish you the best in your endeavors
BYE!!!
Re: But Why Does It Seem Hard To Get A Good Dog In This Country? by PeraGSD: 10:26am On Aug 23, 2019
@Op I understand your frustration in trying to get worth for the money. It is also not so difficult to get quality GSD if you're asking the right persons.

On the Ghana angle let me put it this way. They have a kennel union and dogs born can be registered with KUG which gives some authenticity to whatever you are getting from there. I know cos i have bought two dogs myself from champion kennel. In Nigeria we have not put our acts together and so you see all sorts flying through the air. I cringe when i see the level of discourse on Facebook and sometimes here too.

Finally, i will give you names of breeders you can trust as far as GSD is concerned in Nigeria. This list is not exhaustive but i can stick my head out that they've got quality. In no particular order.

1. EFK, Kaduna
2. Grandiose Kennel, Kaduna
3. Dogsvilla, Jos
4. Household Kennel, Aba
5. Cephas kennel, Kaduna
6. Eden kennel, Kaduna
7. Markins Kennel, Abuja

The list above is not exhaustive. Just to give you an idea of where you can look.

I hope this helps.
Re: But Why Does It Seem Hard To Get A Good Dog In This Country? by Michaelking1302(m): 5:36pm On Aug 23, 2019
PeraGSD:
@Op I understand your frustration in trying to get worth for the money. It is also not so difficult to get quality GSD if you're asking the right persons.

On the Ghana angle let me put it this way. They have a kennel union and dogs born can be registered with KUG which gives some authenticity to whatever you are getting from there. I know cos i have bought two dogs myself from champion kennel. In Nigeria we have not put our acts together and so you see all sorts flying through the air. I cringe when i see the level of discourse on Facebook and sometimes here too.

Finally, i will give you names of breeders you can trust as far as GSD is concerned in Nigeria. This list is not exhaustive but i can stick my head out that they've got quality. In no particular order.

1. EFK, Kaduna
2. Grandiose Kennel, Kaduna
3. Dogsvilla, Jos
4. Household Kennel, Aba
5. Cephas kennel, Kaduna
6. Eden kennel, Kaduna
7. Markins Kennel, Abuja

The list above is not exhaustive. Just to give you an idea of where you can look.

I hope this helps.

Bless you bro..

1 Like

Re: But Why Does It Seem Hard To Get A Good Dog In This Country? by Michaelking1302(m): 5:37pm On Aug 23, 2019
savagefinder1:

No one is angry bro grin,
I didn't expect some of your subsequent questions.
I'm just sad you failed to comprehend my write up.

The above statement is not a shade bro. I spoke in English. I can see you're only talking about what and what not you can purchase with your money, forgetting the fact that I included "opinion" as well.

How u were raised isn't my business bro!

I really can't do this anymore when you can't comprehend the reason(s) behind my comment.

I'm sorry if ur offended in anyway... I wish you the best in your endeavors
BYE!!!

Lol... Ngwannu no vex... One love... You go drink beer?? �

(1) (Reply)

URGENT! Mysterious Snake Outer Skin / Rottweiler Dog Kills Pupil In Rivers,injures A 2nd Student(photos) / Cheap Gsds Here!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.