Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,645 members, 7,801,877 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:21 AM

These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) (58209 Views)

Lagos BRT Buses May Withdraw Services Next Week / This Is Washington DC USA Flood: Not Nigeria, Not Lagos And Definitely Not Lekki / China Launches World's Longest Electric Bus,its 3X The Size Of Lagos BRT Buses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) by chicent2k3(m): 1:01pm On Aug 09, 2019
OP......please do something about all these annoying sexual pictures been posted on a daily basis angry angry

3 Likes

Re: These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) by RZArecta2(m): 1:03pm On Aug 09, 2019
If they’re not using the brt lanes then no need for me to bother with them
Re: These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) by bimgo: 1:05pm On Aug 09, 2019
Modern bus
Re: These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) by Whoeppme(m): 1:05pm On Aug 09, 2019
Well they must be Warri Buses..... Odeni

grin grin grin grin cheesy wink
Re: These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) by Taciturn1: 1:05pm On Aug 09, 2019
Zi:
So BRT is someone's private business

Whose?
You know who
Re: These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) by olexy4real(m): 1:10pm On Aug 09, 2019
CrimeKsmart:
AutoJosh deserves a special award on nairaland. Always keeping nairalanders informed

True

3 Likes

Re: These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) by BrainSanitizer: 1:12pm On Aug 09, 2019
namiji2598:
my brother stake and win na
Make una no dey quote am abeg. So that when I report am, the post no go dey anywhere again. I just dey hunt am like snake dey hunt rats.
Re: These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) by yesloaded: 1:13pm On Aug 09, 2019
RZArecta2:
If they’re not using the brt lanes then no need for me to bother with them
Even danfo, okada et al don hijack brt lanes

These new buses is better than outdated BRT because it has great facilities of a modern bus
Re: These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) by azikiweironsi(m): 1:20pm On Aug 09, 2019
NgwaManNaija4LF:
Yeye land, God give me power to develop nuclear bomb to finish Nigerians... Igbos don't panic because South south and south east are same people.

grin grin Dreamer grin grin
Re: These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) by RZArecta2(m): 1:50pm On Aug 09, 2019
yesloaded:

Even danfo, okada et al don hijack brt lanes

These new buses is better than outdated BRT because it has great facilities of a modern bus
its only for LASTMA to step up their duties, I personally prefer using BRT whenever I have to leave the island in a hurry during rush hour
Re: These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) by loomer: 2:17pm On Aug 09, 2019
Why them get sole right?

Did they build the bus lanes, or do the repair them
Re: These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) by TANID(m): 2:19pm On Aug 09, 2019
Plano:
God bless Nigeria

Do like what I attached below? Click on my signature to What-sapp me to get yours below grin
How Much Is It ?
Re: These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) by NgwaManNaija4LF(m): 2:21pm On Aug 09, 2019
azikiweironsi:

grin grin Dreamer grin grin

What's dreaming for you or are you blind and deaf? From ifeanyi Okowa in delta state to nysom Wike... All are igbos so keep your dream down your region.
Re: These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) by blackboy(m): 2:22pm On Aug 09, 2019
A step to frustrate the buses. They should be entitled to use the BRT lanes. This is unacceptable.
Could BRT scheme belong to ...
Re: These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) by alphaNomega: 2:26pm On Aug 09, 2019
I hate government-enabled monopoly angry

Primero, Dangote, etc

1 Like

Re: These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) by poweredcom(m): 2:31pm On Aug 09, 2019
I never enter dat one before oo but e de follow brt lane na
Re: These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) by OlujobaSamuel: 2:34pm On Aug 09, 2019
The only thing I discovered in the write-up is that we the public are the one that set-up and financing still financing brt buses in Lagos, yet we know nothing about their operations.
I think interested investors should be allowed to have their own brt franchise also and also determines their price.

1 Like

Re: These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 09, 2019
LASG has modified federal roads, using state government money, to restrict approximately a third part of the highway network for the use of a private business concern.

One would expect all commuter buses to be granted access to the BRT lanes for the public good, but alas, the lanes remain empty for the most period because the concessionaire does not even have financial heft to operate at reasonable capacity, while the rest of us struggle and waste productive hours in traffic occassioned by the considerably narrowed highways.

Nigeria is a place where government officials implement such bizarre and patently stupīd policies that you start to wonder whether we are still living in the medieval period.

2 Likes

Re: These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) by apache4: 2:40pm On Aug 09, 2019
Buhari is the Best President Nigeria will ever Produce !!!

Report me if i'm wrong
Re: These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) by neonly: 3:10pm On Aug 09, 2019
Rubbish instead of then to allow d buses to ply d road they are busy forming BRT dis people are just enjoying monopoly(tinubu),
Why can't d buses ply d same BRT road at least it belongs to d government or is it because it was Ambode project rubbish pple even d so called BRT is not enough for d ppl
Re: These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) by Dt03(m): 3:52pm On Aug 09, 2019
These new busses plies brt lane. I have seen them several times. It is the real brt. They wrote at the back of the busses
Re: These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) by frozen70(f): 4:24pm On Aug 09, 2019
megafaraday:
Good one. We need to see more of them on the roads as they appear parked somewhere now

They are packed at yaba, there is a big compound before Presbyterian church yaba
Re: These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) by 9jaRealist: 6:15pm On Aug 09, 2019
alphaNomega:
I hate government-enabled monopoly angry

Primero, Dangote, etc

Dangote is NOT a monopoly...
The DISCOs are monopolies, but an example that sometimes monopolies are necessary.

Meanwhile, Primero (just like the DISCOs) are only a monopoly on designated routes...
Lagos plans to develop 14 BRT routes, and each route is subject to a public competitive bid.
>
Re: These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) by 9jaRealist: 6:21pm On Aug 09, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:
The only thing I discovered in the write-up is that we the public are the one that set-up and financing still financing brt buses in Lagos, yet we know nothing about their operations.
I think interested investors should be allowed to have their own brt franchise also and also determines their price.

No, the public did not...
Of course, the govt financed the BRT lanes.

But Primero financed the acquisition of its buses with a Sterling Bank loan...
And resorted to the capital market this year with a Securitization offering for additional buses.
>
Re: These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) by 9jaRealist: 6:23pm On Aug 09, 2019
megafaraday:
Good one. We need to see more of them on the roads as they appear parked somewhere now

They are still developing the Intelligent Transport System to be used...
And are training/retraining the bus drivers, conductors, maintenance staff, etc.
>
Re: These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) by OlujobaSamuel: 6:37pm On Aug 09, 2019
9jaRealist:

No, the public did not...
Of course, the govt financed the BRT lanes.

But Primero financed the acquisition of its buses with a Sterling Bank loan...
And resorted to the capital market this year with a Securitization offering for additional buses.
>
Can an investor also take up buses to ply the lane solely for commercial uses?
If no, then the masses is the one financing major part of the investment.

1 Like

Re: These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) by 9jaRealist: 7:06pm On Aug 09, 2019
blackboy:
A step to frustrate the buses. They should be entitled to use the BRT lanes. This is unacceptable.
Could BRT scheme belong to ...
GidiWoodsMan:
LASG has modified federal roads, using state government money, to restrict approximately a third part of the highway network for the use of a private business concern.

One would expect all commuter buses to be granted access to the BRT lanes for the public good, but alas, the lanes remain empty for the most period because the concessionaire does not even have financial heft to operate at reasonable capacity, while the rest of us struggle and waste productive hours in traffic occassioned by the considerably narrowed highways.

Nigeria is a place where government officials implement such bizarre and patently stupīd policies that you start to wonder whether we are still living in the medieval period.
neonly:
Rubbish instead of then to allow d buses to ply d road they are busy forming BRT dis people are just enjoying monopoly(tinubu),
Why can't d buses ply d same BRT road at least it belongs to d government or is it because it was Ambode project rubbish pple even d so called BRT is not enough for d ppl

These buses were NOT procured to be BRT buses...
Instead, they were procured by the LASG to eventually replace the rickety Danfo buses on most routes.

Perhaps Danfos would still exist in the underserved and/or semi-rural outlying areas of Lagos, but the primary aim of acquiring these high-capacity and more environmentally-friendly buses (they will run on CNG) was to replace Danfo in most of Lagos. At least that was the plan under the Ambode administration, but not sure if that’s still the plan since Ambode’s ouster.

Ambode decided that instead of throwing Danfo drivers and conductors into the unemployment market they would be trained/retrained to operate and maintain these new buses (in conjunction with the NURTW) under private operating companies, and that has been responsible for the delay in the take off of the services since the first batch of 800 buses (out of a projected 5000 eventually) were procured.

In addition, the supporting and maintenance infrastructure for these buses had to be put in place first. This includes the Intelligent Transport System (ITS) that will enable commuters track buses and plan their journeys (as well as ultimately purchase tickets) online, the bus shelters and terminals, the 3 maintenance depots at Oshodi, Yaba and Lekki (including the assembly plant at Awoyaya-Lekki).

Finally, it’s crucial that Nigerian governments (and frankly Nigerians in general) learn to respect the sanctity of commercial contracts if we are serious about attracting much-needed private capital and investment (both domestic and foreign). Primero, following a successful public bid to operate the BRT route (out of the envisaged 14 routes) took a Sterling Bank loan followed by the Securitization offering this year to finance operation of this concession. No serious govt should change the terms of the concession midway into its operation.
>

1 Like

Re: These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) by 9jaRealist: 7:25pm On Aug 09, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:

Can an investor also take up buses to ply the lane solely for commercial uses?
If no, then the masses is the one financing major part of the investment.

No, just like a private DISCO can not operate another DISCO’s concessioned area...

There are 14 planned BRT routes (Abule-Egba to Oshodi is presently being developed), and each BRT route will be subject to public competitive bidding (hopefully, there will be several bidders, just as with the GSM licensees and the DISCOs), but the very essence and concept of the BRT (with emphasis on “rapid”) is that it effectively acts as the road equivalent of the light rail system. And just like the rail system, the government builds the hard infrastructure while (ideally) a private concessionaire operates rolling stock (and pays the govt a percentage of the revenue derived effectively as ‘rent’ for the use of the public infrastructure). This is NOT unique to Lagos or Nigeria.
>
Re: These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) by OlujobaSamuel: 7:43pm On Aug 09, 2019
9jaRealist:

No, just like a private DISCO can not operate another DISCO’s concessioned area...

There are 14 planned BRT routes (Abule-Egba to Oshodi is presently being developed), and each BRT route will be subject to public competitive bidding (hopefully, there will be several bidders, just as with the GSM licensees and the DISCOs), but the very essence and concept of the BRT (with emphasis on “rapid”) is that it effectively acts as the road equivalent of the light rail system. And just like the rail system, the government builds the hard infrastructure while (ideally) a private concessionaire operates rolling stock (and pays the govt a percentage of the revenue derived effectively as ‘rent’ for the use of the public infrastructure). This is NOT unique to Lagos or Nigeria.
>
Then the govt owe us a duty of transparency by disclosing the details of the contract with Primero.

1 Like

Re: These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) by 9jaRealist: 7:58pm On Aug 09, 2019
OlujobaSamuel:

Then the govt owe us a duty of transparency by disclosing the details of the contract with Primero.

Totally agree...
>
Re: These Buses Are Not Lagos BRT Buses (see PHOTOS) by Mofe72: 6:03am On Aug 10, 2019
isram:
Oga na BRT we dey call am. Leave us, is it ur BRT?

Modified
I just drove passed one now, I saw BRT boldly written on it

That’s the name given by the manufacturers

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Breathtaking Pictures Of Osogbo, Osun At Night / Witness: Why We Didn’t Rescue Victims Of Abuja Air Crash / Intercontinental Lagos - Tallest Hotel In West-Africa - Launched

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.