Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,815 members, 7,802,619 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:29 PM

Canada Defeats D'tigers Of Nigeria 96-87 In Basketball Friendly Game. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Canada Defeats D'tigers Of Nigeria 96-87 In Basketball Friendly Game. (557 Views)

USA Defeats Nigeria 93-62 In Female Basketball Friendly / Nigeria Beats The USA 90-87 In Pre-Olympic Basketball Friendly / Xenophobia: Zambia Cancels International Friendly Game With S’africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Canada Defeats D'tigers Of Nigeria 96-87 In Basketball Friendly Game. by Redman44(m): 3:13pm On Aug 08, 2019
It was a show of skills and pure talent at the Mattamy Athletic Center, Toronto, Canada last night as the Canadian Men's national basketball team defeated Nigeria's Men's National basketball team ( D'tigers ) 96-87 in a very exciting game. The game was sold out and residents of Toronto, Ontario, turned out in huge numbers to support their Country. Nigeria played very well with Minnesota Timberwolves star, Josh Okogie, taking the game to the Canadians. Okogie displayed his NBA Pedigree by scoring 18 points and setting up his teammates to score at different periods of the game. Other Nigerian players that did well last night include Ike Iroegbu ( 12 points ), Stan Okoye ( 16 Points ), Chimezie Metu ( 11 Points ), Al Farouq Aminu, Jordan Nwora and Alade Aminu. Ike Iroegbu was voted the Best Player of the Game on the Nigerian side.

Khem Birch ( 14 Points ). Kyle Wiltjer ( 14 Points ) and Kelly Olynyk ( 11 Points ) were outstanding for Canada who are being coached by Nick Nurse who led the Toronto Raptors to last season's NBA title. Coach Alex Nwora of Nigeria is using the two legged friendly match against Canada to test out fresh Players who can make D'tigers squad to China for the FIBA 2019 Men's Basketball World Cup. After defeating the Dominican Republic in two friendly matches, Nwora dropped a number of players and brought in invited NBA Players into Camp for tryouts. Josh Okogie ( Minnesota Timberwolves ) and Chimezie Metu ( San Antonio Spurs ) made a big impression last night. Alex Nwora should be licking his lips by now with his new discoveries. Players like Ike Diogu, Deji Akindele, Ike Nwamu, Tosin Mehinti and Gabe Vincent were rested for the game against Canada last night. They might play a much larger part in the second leg of the match against Canada tomorrow ( August 9, 2019 ).

According to reports, 7000 tickets have already been sold for tomorrow's rematch between D'tigers of Nigeria and Canada. The game will take place at the Bell MTS Place, 300 Portage Avenue, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, R3C 5S4. Time: 7.00 PM. Tickets for the game can be purchased from www.ticketmaster.ca. Nigerians and Nigerian-Canadians in Manitoba and other nearby provinces in Canada should expect a great game and experience if they turn up for the event. The FIBA 2019 Men's Basketball World Cup will commence on the 31st of August to 15th September 2019 in China.

Re: Canada Defeats D'tigers Of Nigeria 96-87 In Basketball Friendly Game. by Nostradamus: 2:39am On Aug 09, 2019
The Canadian bball team balancey past d'tigers.i expect Tristan Thompson to make a meal out of d'tigers.
Re: Canada Defeats D'tigers Of Nigeria 96-87 In Basketball Friendly Game. by Redman44(m): 7:38am On Aug 09, 2019
Nostradamus:
The Canadian bball team balancey past d'tigers.i expect Tristan Thompson to make a meal out of d'tigers.

I don't think Tristan Thompson is on this current Canadian squad. I think he is among the Canadian players who have chosen to be left out of Canada's 2019 Basketball World Cup Squad. D'tigers can beat Canada today if they play selflessly and make use of rebounds and free throws to garner points.
Re: Canada Defeats D'tigers Of Nigeria 96-87 In Basketball Friendly Game. by Nostradamus: 9:36am On Aug 09, 2019
Redman44:

I don't think Tristan Thompson is on this current Canadian squad. I think he is among the Canadian players who have chosen to be left out of Canada's 2019 Basketball World Cup Squad. D'tigers can beat Canada today if they play selflessly and make use of rebounds and free throws to garner points.
well,let's watch sha.i pray the tigers beat those guys.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bayern Munich To Pay Fee Directly To Liverpool As Philippe Coutinho Transfer / Ronlado's Free-kick Prowess Hitting The Headlines In Italy - He Missed All 24 / Ballon D'or 2019: Messi, Ronaldo & Van Dijk Makes List. See Other Nominees

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.