Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,894 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

10 Nigerian Celebrities Who Rose To Fame From Reality Shows - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 10 Nigerian Celebrities Who Rose To Fame From Reality Shows (2545 Views)

10 Ex-big Bbnaija Housemates That Are Broke Despite The Fame From The Show / 10 Nigerian Celebrities Who Became Stars From Reality Shows / Amber Rose To Undergo Breast Reduction Surgery (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Nigerian Celebrities Who Rose To Fame From Reality Shows by Blastedholligan: 4:24pm On Aug 08, 2019
The road to stardom is never easy. While some celebrities became famous through the support of their family, friends and their hard work, others had to go through public scrutiny to attain fame. Some organizations have made the dreams of many Nigerian talents come to pass as they offer various platforms for talent competitions. Not everyone who went through reality shows were able to sustain fame. We have the likes of Mike Anyasodo of Project Fame 2009, Yeka Onka of Nigerian Idol 2011 and Jon Ogah of Glo Naija Sings (Maiden edition), who after going home with the prizes are not seen anywhere near the top. However, this list is made up of popular Nigerian celebrities who are products of various reality shows and are still keeping the flames high in the heating atmosphere of entertainers.

1. Iyanya Kukere master, Inyanya, won the 2008 MTN Project Fame reality show and since then has worked so hard to stay relevant in the music industry. After his big win, his first two singles did not make waves due to their sultry nature. He went back to his drawing board and re-branded. Inyanya has grown from the R & B lover boy singer to a serial club-banging-hit performer. Currently, he is one of the hottest and most sought-after musicians in Nigeria.

2. Muna 28-year-old Munachi Abii popularly called Muna came to limelight after winning the Most Beautiful Girl in Nigeria pageant in 2007. The Rivers born diva has been on the scene since then trying her hand on several other things which include rapping, presenting and modelling.

3. K.C Limpopo K.C is most known when “Presh” is added to his name. He won the first edition of NB Plc sponsored reality Tv Show, Star Quest, alongside his Duo mate “Presh” and together, K.C Presh released several songs before their separation. The road seems smoother for the Limpopo crooner as a solo singer, because he has made more hits and acquired more fame and wealth now compared to when he was in the group.

4. Chidinma The cute and petite star Chidinma Ekile was born in 2010 at the MTN Project Fame Academy. She was loved by all during the competition and after she won, she has never stopped making hit songs and numerous collaborations. Although Chidinma is yet to release an album due to her engagement with school, she continues to make her sponsors proud of her.

5. O.C. Ukeje On the acting scene is O.C. Ukeje who rose to fame as one of Nigerian’s biggest actor from Amstel Malta Box Office (AMBO) reality show. Ukeje started acting from his first year at the University of Lagos where he played a lead role in a stage play. He was a stage actor for four years before his big win. His first screen appearance was in White Waters 2008 alongside Joke Silva and Rita Dominic. Ukeje has a thing for cinema movies and that is a great standard if you ask me. Check Out: 30 Failed Marriage In Nollywood

6. Kaffy As a dancer, choreographer, dance instructor and fitness coach, Kafayat Oluwatoyin Shafau is popularly known as Kaffy. She is a Guinness World Records breaker for “Longest Dance Party”. The prolific dancer, wife and mother of two is also the founder and owner of Imagneto Dance Company. Kaffy has not for one bit gone off stage since her emergence. Even while she was pregnant, she did an energetic dance of Beyonce’s “Who Run The World” on the MTN Project Fame Stage.

7. Praiz 31-year-old Kogi state born singer Praise Ugbede Adejo, better known as Praiz was the second runner-up at the maiden season of Project Fame West Africa. So far he has done several hit songs and national/international collaborations. His most famous songs include “Rich and Famous”, “Sisi” and “I Love You”. His most popular collaborations are “That Stupid Song” with Bez, “Oshe” with Awilo Logomba and “Acapella” with DiL and Lynnxx.

8. Omawumi Megbele This Ambrose Ali University Law graduate was the first runner-up of the first edition of West African Idol. Although she didn’t win the competition, she has more fans than the winner and was even more popular than him at his early stage of stardom. Aside from being known for her hit songs like “In the Music,” “Bottom Belle” and “If You Ask me,” Omawumi is a brand ambassador for Globacom, Konga and Mortein.

9. Dare Art-Alade Darey is probably the first Nigerian celebrity to rise to fame on the back of a reality TV show. He participated in the 2004 edition of Project Fame Academy and emerged third in the contest. The award-winning musician and songwriter is the son of iconic Nigerian entertainer, Art Alade and he is an awesome singer.

10. Timi Dakolo 34-year-old King of soul music, Timi Dakolo rose to national fame after winning the inaugural season of Idols West Africa in 2007. Prior to that, Timi had won a local talent hunt contest G.E FACTO in Port Harcourt and had been singing in a choir since he was 12. Just like Darey, Timi’s music is for mature minds and he does major presidential shows across the nation and beyond.

As Vskit are organising a reality TV show in collaboration with StarTimes termed #VskitVoiceToFame, where contestants are asked to dub a scene from a movie while there fate would be decided by the audience. The show also has Celebrity Contestants such as Nkechi Blessing, Charles Okocha etc. This is a chance for contestants to be amongst celebrities that made it out of TV reality shows.

Read more: https://buzznigeria.com/15-nigerian-celebrities-who-rose-to-fame-from-reality-shows/

Re: 10 Nigerian Celebrities Who Rose To Fame From Reality Shows by Techm8: 4:32pm On Aug 08, 2019
Wow,I didn't know now chidinma did project fame.
Re: 10 Nigerian Celebrities Who Rose To Fame From Reality Shows by enoch273: 4:33pm On Aug 08, 2019
Looking forward to the winner of the Vskit Voice To Fame TV Show. Who knows they might someday end up on this list.
Re: 10 Nigerian Celebrities Who Rose To Fame From Reality Shows by overdrive(m): 4:39pm On Aug 08, 2019
Where is uti and ebuka.
Re: 10 Nigerian Celebrities Who Rose To Fame From Reality Shows by shiftback: 8:22am On Aug 09, 2019
overdrive:
Where is uti and ebuka.
Yeah..those two are very prominent omissions
Re: 10 Nigerian Celebrities Who Rose To Fame From Reality Shows by shiftback: 8:23am On Aug 09, 2019
When is that Vskit show starting sef?
Re: 10 Nigerian Celebrities Who Rose To Fame From Reality Shows by Adepet222(f): 8:28am On Aug 09, 2019
Nice update
Re: 10 Nigerian Celebrities Who Rose To Fame From Reality Shows by shiftback: 11:40am On Aug 10, 2019
enoch273:
Looking forward to the winner of the Vskit Voice To Fame TV Show. Who knows they might someday end up on this list.
Lol let the show start before you begin to look forward to the winner na grin grin
Re: 10 Nigerian Celebrities Who Rose To Fame From Reality Shows by enoch273: 2:41pm On Aug 10, 2019
shiftback:

Lol let the show start before you begin to look forward to the winner na grin grin

I can't wait oo, been anticipating it for a while now.
Re: 10 Nigerian Celebrities Who Rose To Fame From Reality Shows by Blastedholligan: 3:08pm On Aug 10, 2019
overdrive:
Where is uti and ebuka.
If one begins to capture all the celebrities that made it out of reality TV shows then it would be like 100 and counting. I just posted the ones that came to my mind.
Re: 10 Nigerian Celebrities Who Rose To Fame From Reality Shows by Blastedholligan: 3:08pm On Aug 10, 2019
shiftback:
I think they mentioned last month. Don't know if it was shifted.
Re: 10 Nigerian Celebrities Who Rose To Fame From Reality Shows by shiftback: 5:50pm On Aug 10, 2019
Blastedholligan:
Last month? Where can I watch it?
Re: 10 Nigerian Celebrities Who Rose To Fame From Reality Shows by shiftback: 5:51pm On Aug 10, 2019
enoch273:

I can't wait oo, been anticipating it for a while now.
Alright Chief...we are all anticipating
Re: 10 Nigerian Celebrities Who Rose To Fame From Reality Shows by Techm8: 6:53pm On Aug 10, 2019
Blastedholligan:
It's starting this August I think
Re: 10 Nigerian Celebrities Who Rose To Fame From Reality Shows by Blastedholligan: 11:20am On Aug 17, 2019
Techm8:

It's starting this August I think
If so then that's cool. I've been watching since this month and u though I missed our on some previous episodes.
Re: 10 Nigerian Celebrities Who Rose To Fame From Reality Shows by Blastedholligan: 11:21am On Aug 17, 2019
shiftback:
check here

Re: 10 Nigerian Celebrities Who Rose To Fame From Reality Shows by Blastedholligan: 11:21am On Aug 17, 2019
shiftback:
check here.

Re: 10 Nigerian Celebrities Who Rose To Fame From Reality Shows by shiftback: 3:06pm On Aug 19, 2019
Blastedholligan:
check here.
Thanks man
Re: 10 Nigerian Celebrities Who Rose To Fame From Reality Shows by Blastedholligan: 1:11pm On Aug 23, 2019
shiftback:

Thanks man
you're welcome
Re: 10 Nigerian Celebrities Who Rose To Fame From Reality Shows by Realboygenius(m): 3:52am On Aug 26, 2019
shiftback:

I guess
It's already started

(1) (Reply)

Facebook Slayer Nikki Fe Fe S*x Tape Leaked Video / See Tacha Throwback Photos That Keep Social Media Talking (photo). / Stunning Photos From The Wedding Of Actress Mary Nky Onyemena

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.