Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,551 members, 7,809,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

Gbajabiamila Compensates 15 Speakership Aspirants With Committee Jobs - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gbajabiamila Compensates 15 Speakership Aspirants With Committee Jobs (14816 Views)

We Feel we are no longer needed in APC - Aggrieved Speakership Aspirants / Gbajabiamila Meets All Speakership Aspirants / 2019: PDP Presidential Aspirants With Corruption Allegations - Premium Times (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gbajabiamila Compensates 15 Speakership Aspirants With Committee Jobs by dre11(m): 4:57pm On Aug 08, 2019
Leke Baiyewu, Abuja

Most of the speakership aspirants in the Ninth House of Representatives have been made either principal officers or chairmen of standing committees , The PUNCH has observed.
Some of them were appointed into special committees .

About 20 members of the House had nursed the ambition to become speaker, most of whom eventually stepped down for the then majority leader, Femi Gbajabiamila , who is now the Speaker.

Fifteen of them have been given various appointments under the new leadership .
The presiding officers of the House emerged on June 11 when the National Assembly was inaugurated.

Gbajabiamila was elected Speaker while Idris Wase , who was the deputy majority leader in the Eighth House , emerged the deputy speaker.
The PUNCH learnt that no fewer than 15 of those who were in the speakership race benefited from the appointments .

Speakership aspirants , who are now part of the leadership of the House , include Idris Wase , the deputy speaker, and Alhassan Ado -Doguwa the majority leader.

The caucus also named Mohammed Monguno ( APC , Borno ) as the chief whip and Nkeiruka Onyejeocha ( APC , Abia ) as deputy majority whip .

[b]Those who got committee appointments include Mohammed Bago , who was the only aspirant that contested against Gbajabimila but lost by 76 to 281 votes .

He is now chairman , Committee on Co -Operation and Integration in Africa .
John Dyegh , who stepped down for Gbajabiamila on the eve of the speakership election , emerged as chairman , House Committee on Human Rights .

Other speakership aspirants appointed chairmen of committees are Muktar Betara ( Borno ) , Committee on Appropriations ; Khadijat Bukar -Ibrahim ( Yobe ) , Committee on North -East Development Commission ; Abdulrazak Namdas ( Adamawa) , Committee on Army ; Aminu Suleiman ( Kano ) , Tertiary Education ; Babangida Ibrahim ( Kano ) , Committee on Capital Market and Institutions ; Olusegun Odebunmi ( Oyo ) , Committee on Information , National Orientation , Ethics and Values; and Gudaji Kazaure ( Jigawa) , Committee on Political Parties Matters .

Also on the list are Yakub Buba ( Adamawa) , Committee on Foreign Affairs; Abubakar Lado ( Niger ) , Committee on Information and Communication Technology.[/b]

Our correspondent, however , learnt that aspirants such as Abdulrahman Sumaila ( Kano ) and Olajide Olatunbosun ( Oyo) were missing on the appointment list .

Speaking with our correspondent, the Chairman of the House Committee on Media and Public Affairs, Mr Benjamin Kalu , noted that the House created more committees to accommodate more members in leadership positions, including speakership aspirants .

Kalu said, “ There are 109 standing committees in the House and 360 members . Because it is impossible for every one of 360 members to get chairmanship of a committee, the position of deputy was also factored in to compensate some legislators. In fact , many members opted out of chairmanship positions to accept deputy chairmanship of certain committees overseeing major ministries , reason being that the deputy chairman of certain committees is stronger than the chairman .

“ It is also incorrect to suggest that speakership aspirants did not get any appointment or leadership positions in this House . Hon . Bago is chairman of House Committee on Co- operation and Integration in Africa. Hon . Onyejiocha is a principal officer . Hon . Buba is chairman of House Committee on Foreign Affairs and Hon . Betara is chairman of Appropriations Committee .”

For chairmanship of committees , the ruling and majority All Progressives Congress got 80 ; Peoples Democratic Party, 21 ; All Progressives Grand Alliance , 2 ; Allied Peoples Movement , 1 ; and Action Alliance , 1 .

For the 104 vice -chairmanship positions, APC got 63 ; PDP , 30 ; APGA , 3 ; ADC , 3 ; PRP , 2; SDP , 1 ; ADP , 1 ; and AA , 1 .

https://punchng.com/gbajabiamila-compensates-15-speakership-aspirants-with-committee-jobs/

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Compensates 15 Speakership Aspirants With Committee Jobs by NOL2dworld(m): 7:43pm On Aug 08, 2019
Its good to remember those who laboured for U...

Nice idea from the 4th man..

For those who wish to know, no matter what U are going through, don't give up hope.. Suicide is not the solution

I know someone who can give U everlasting Peace, Joy and rest of mind, his name is Jesus.. Jesus Christ is the answer..

Accept Jesus Christ, surrender to him, rededicate yourself to Him and make Him your personal Lord and Saviour. Accept Him now, for next minute may be too late..

If U want to give your life to Christ or If U have giving your life to Christ before but has taking it back.. This is the time to rededicate your life...

Make this confession loudly. Father! Forgive me, I'm sorry, please help me, I love U, I need U, hold me Jesus!!!, my heart, my soul please take control of it right now. Lead me in your ways and teach me your path so I can forever abide in your words. Save me Lord, have mercy on me and forgive my sins in Jesus name. Amen Thank U for saving me and thank U because U have deliver me from the bondage of sins, I know my sins has been forgiving, I give U all the praise in Jesus name.

If U make this confession with an open heart, your sins have been forgiving and the Lord has removed your name from the book of death to the book of life. He has giving u peace and everlasting joy. Ask continuously with faith any good thing U want the Lord to do for U with believe in Jesus name and he will answer you...

If U have say this confession let me know I have some prayer points for U...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Compensates 15 Speakership Aspirants With Committee Jobs by justmi1: 7:43pm On Aug 08, 2019
The guy above me just stole what was supposed to be my first FTC ever, I need to be compensated for this, I will not take this... except i get 1000 likes here

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Compensates 15 Speakership Aspirants With Committee Jobs by Toscarel: 7:44pm On Aug 08, 2019
Smart move,
If not that seat would be too hot for him
Re: Gbajabiamila Compensates 15 Speakership Aspirants With Committee Jobs by Lagosian29(m): 7:45pm On Aug 08, 2019
W
Re: Gbajabiamila Compensates 15 Speakership Aspirants With Committee Jobs by straighttalk(m): 7:45pm On Aug 08, 2019
And then?
Re: Gbajabiamila Compensates 15 Speakership Aspirants With Committee Jobs by MrImole: 7:45pm On Aug 08, 2019
Alátenuje gbogbo!
Re: Gbajabiamila Compensates 15 Speakership Aspirants With Committee Jobs by Ogbekay: 7:46pm On Aug 08, 2019
Ops
Re: Gbajabiamila Compensates 15 Speakership Aspirants With Committee Jobs by SUCKCESSFUL: 7:47pm On Aug 08, 2019
This Man Want's To Go Far, Always Trying To Carry Everybody Along. Local Man Is Impressed. cool

3 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Compensates 15 Speakership Aspirants With Committee Jobs by MrImole: 7:49pm On Aug 08, 2019
Toscarel:
Smart move,
If not that sit would be too hot for him

Seat!

Don't thank me, thank your high school English teacher.

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Compensates 15 Speakership Aspirants With Committee Jobs by dheaven: 7:52pm On Aug 08, 2019
So PRP won some seats in the house?
Re: Gbajabiamila Compensates 15 Speakership Aspirants With Committee Jobs by AleAirHub(m): 7:55pm On Aug 08, 2019
Smart move

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Compensates 15 Speakership Aspirants With Committee Jobs by YorubaKing: 7:58pm On Aug 08, 2019
justmi1:
The guy above me just stole what was supposed to be my first FTC ever, I need to be compensated for this, I will not take this... except i get 1000 likes here

Stupid 9ja Youth... take am angry

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gbajabiamila Compensates 15 Speakership Aspirants With Committee Jobs by money121(m): 8:05pm On Aug 08, 2019
Make sense
Re: Gbajabiamila Compensates 15 Speakership Aspirants With Committee Jobs by opalu: 8:10pm On Aug 08, 2019
Wow
Re: Gbajabiamila Compensates 15 Speakership Aspirants With Committee Jobs by theadams(m): 8:22pm On Aug 08, 2019
SUCKCESSFUL:
This Man Want's To Go Far, Always Trying To Carry Everybody Along. Local Man Is Impressed. cool

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Compensates 15 Speakership Aspirants With Committee Jobs by unitysheart(m): 8:28pm On Aug 08, 2019
Cool
Re: Gbajabiamila Compensates 15 Speakership Aspirants With Committee Jobs by unitysheart(m): 8:29pm On Aug 08, 2019
Toscarel:
Smart move,
If not that seat would be too hot for him

The way it hot for Dogara abi
Re: Gbajabiamila Compensates 15 Speakership Aspirants With Committee Jobs by Basic123: 9:24pm On Aug 08, 2019
justmi1:

Re: Gbajabiamila Compensates 15 Speakership Aspirants With Committee Jobs by Lagosfinder(m): 9:58pm On Aug 08, 2019
Compensation has always being Lagos leadership style

2 Likes

Re: Gbajabiamila Compensates 15 Speakership Aspirants With Committee Jobs by Kenturkey048(m): 11:01pm On Aug 08, 2019
naija naija.....political offices as compensation....

1 Like

Re: Gbajabiamila Compensates 15 Speakership Aspirants With Committee Jobs by 9jaRealist: 1:56am On Aug 09, 2019
RUBBISH! angry

Crude Nigerian mercantile politics...
Each committee comes with official cars and overseas trips.

>
Re: Gbajabiamila Compensates 15 Speakership Aspirants With Committee Jobs by farouk2much(m): 7:54am On Aug 09, 2019
This man don finish BAGO governorship ambition

(1) (Reply)

How Politics Trumped Policy In Buhari’s Ministerial Selection / Over 5,890 Terrorists Have Surrendered In The North-East - DHQ / Church Set Ablaze In Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.