Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

Swedish Study Permit Refusal Please Advice - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Swedish Study Permit Refusal Please Advice (891 Views)

Swedish Admissions And Student Visa / Swedish Fighter Jet Crashes After Colliding With Birds / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Swedish Study Permit Refusal Please Advice by LGDON: 9:52pm On Aug 08, 2019
Hello everyone.

I am very confident that I will get some advice here

A friend of mine was refused study permit visa in Sweden embassy Abuja few days ago. He has paid tuition fee, accommodation etc. Yet they refused him the resident permit.

The reasons given was:

He could not demonstrate enough knowledge about the program he is going to study.. Here they asked him on the interview date to list the courses he will study. 
He was able to list 2, they concluded that 2 is not enough. Atleast he should have listed 4.

They asked him about the city he going to study, he could not give satisfactory answer.

They asked him about Sweden, though he mentioned somethings about Sweden and answered the question. The migrationsverket concluded that he gave partial answer. 

Lastly, they said he couldn't demonstrate how the program will benefit him after study. He said on the interview that he would return to his join and apply the knowledge to build his current place of work. 

But later on the interview they asked the same question again, he wasn't consistent. He said he will establish a business after his study. The migrationsverket concluded he wasn't consistent and he is not sure of how the program will benefit him.

I want to help him appeal the decision and I need advice from my fellow nairaland. Please, if you have seen a situation like this you can assist me and contribute.

He has up to 16th of September to resume school. 

Thanks
Re: Swedish Study Permit Refusal Please Advice by Sebastine1606(m): 11:02pm On Aug 08, 2019
I don't know how soon this is, but research is all that matters, he should do a little bit of research, get a lawyer and challenge the decision, if necessary too, HE should contact the school if he can, that way it will be best for him

LGDON:
Hello everyone.

I am very confident that I will get some advice here

A friend of mine was refused study permit visa in Sweden embassy Abuja few days ago. He has paid tuition fee, accommodation etc. Yet they refused him the resident permit.

The reasons given was:

He could not demonstrate enough knowledge about the program he is going to study.. Here they asked him on the interview date to list the courses he will study. 
He was able to list 2, they concluded that 2 is not enough. Atleast he should have listed 4.

They asked him about the city he going to study, he could not give satisfactory answer.

They asked him about Sweden, though he mentioned somethings about Sweden and answered the question. The migrationsverket concluded that he gave partial answer. 

Lastly, they said he couldn't demonstrate how the program will benefit him after study. He said on the interview that he would return to his join and apply the knowledge to build his current place of work. 

But later on the interview they asked the same question again, he wasn't consistent. He said he will establish a business after his study. The migrationsverket concluded he wasn't consistent and he is not sure of how the program will benefit him.

I want to help him appeal the decision and I need advice from my fellow nairaland. Please, if you have seen a situation like this you can assist me and contribute.

He has up to 16th of September to resume school. 

Thanks 
Re: Swedish Study Permit Refusal Please Advice by LGDON: 4:23am On Aug 09, 2019
Sebastine1606:

I don't know how soon this is, but research is all that matters, he should do a little bit of research, get a lawyer and challenge the decision, if necessary too, HE should contact the school if he can, that way it will be best for him

Thanks, I have already contacted the school. Am planning to write the appeal this weekend.
Re: Swedish Study Permit Refusal Please Advice by Ope4Christ: 7:10am On Aug 09, 2019
This is an avoidable situation. He should have done research on the course he wants to study, the city where the university is located, starting and ending time of his program, facts about Sweden, etc. Swedish student visa is relatively easier to obtain.

Solution.
Yes, you can appeal with a slim chance of changing the Embassy's decision.

But however, I will advise you to tell him to inform his school to defer the admission till either Summer(March -April) or Winter(September - October), 2020. So that he will do enough research for his Visa Interview questions next year.

The questions he was asked are very simple and straight forward yet he fumbled. Let him learn his lesson.

Good luck to him.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Swedish Study Permit Refusal Please Advice by KendrickAyomide: 5:43pm On Aug 09, 2019
Just give them more than what they want. God will help you!
Re: Swedish Study Permit Refusal Please Advice by AbujaBlue: 11:01pm On Aug 09, 2019
This would be a good start for him.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweden

(1) (Reply)

Canadian Driving License / My Maiduguri To Bama Trip / Are Naija Guyz In Diaspora Good Ambassadors?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.