Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,126 members, 7,807,408 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

Daily Manner - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Manner (1826 Views)

Ministry To Jws, Part 4 - Manner Of Christ's Return / DCLM Daily Manner For Today / All Manner Of Sicknesses Are Being Healed In Sign Fireman Crusades! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 3:14am On Sep 10, 2019
DAILY MANNA
TUESDAY SEPTEMBER 10, 2019
TOPIC: DEATH LOOMS
TEXT: 1 Samuel 28:7-15
KEY VERSE:
“Then said Saul unto his servants, Seek me a woman that hath a familiar spirit, that I may go to her, and enquire of her. And his servants said to him, Behold, there is a woman that hath a familiar spirit at Endor” - (1 Samuel 28:7).
It was reported that Frances Havergal, a songwriter, lived and moved in the word of God. His word was her constant companion. On the last day of her life, she asked a friend to read to her the forty second chapter of Isaiah. When the friend read the sixth verse: “I the Lord have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee”, Miss Havergal stopped her. She whispered, “Called-held-kept. I can go home on that!” And she did go home on that. But alas, it was not so with King Saul. On his last night on earth, he was keeping an appointment with the devil.
Saul was chosen by God to be king over Israel. Although he started well, but it was not for long. Pride, envy and self management got the better of him and he later completely forsook the wise counsel of Samuel, the prophet God used to put him in office. Faced with a serious attack from the Philistines, he sought the face of God that he had abandoned for so long and God did not speak to him. When every effort to get godly counsel failed, he sought help from satanic powers that he had once opposed. His own servants led him to the witch at Endor who eventually conjured an apparition that predicted his death within 24 hours.
No matter how long one has been in the faith, Satan will still go after one’s soul. John says, “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly” (John 10:10). Satan is after children of God and desires to turn them away from the faith. Saul had enough warning to turn around before he died but he did not. May you find the grace to make your life right with God today. Who knows whether this might be your last time of reading this devotional?
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
It is not too late to turn to God - do it now.
THE BIBLE IN A YEAR:
Psalm 110-118
Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 8:30am On Sep 11, 2019
DAILY MANNA

Wednesday September 11, 2019

Topic: The Dead Can Rise Again

Text: Acts 9:32-43

32. And it came to pass, as Peter passed throughout all quarters, he came down also to the saints which dwelt at Lydda. 

33. And there he found a certain man named Æneas, which had kept his bed eight years, and was sick of the palsy. 

34. And Peter said unto him, Æneas, Jesus Christ maketh thee whole: arise, and make thy bed. And he arose immediately. 

35. And all that dwelt at Lydda and Saron saw him, and turned to the Lord.

36. Now there was at Joppa a certain disciple named Tabitha, which by interpretation is called Dorcas: this woman was full of good works and almsdeeds which she did. 

37. And it came to pass in those days, that she was sick, and died: whom when they had washed, they laid her in an upper chamber. 

38. And forasmuch as Lydda was nigh to Joppa, and the disciples had heard that Peter was there, they sent unto him two men, desiring  him that he would not delay to come to them. 

39. Then Peter arose and went with them. When he was come, they brought him into the upper chamber: and all the widows stood by him weeping, and shewing the coats and garments which Dorcas made, while she was with them. 

40. But Peter put them all forth, and kneeled down, and prayed; and turning him to the body said, Tabitha, arise. And she opened her eyes: and when she saw Peter, she sat up. 

41. And he gave her his hand, and lifted her up, and when he had called the saints and widows, presented her alive. 

42. And it was known throughout all Joppa; and many believed in the Lord. 

43. And it came to pass, that he tarried many days in Joppa with one Simon a tanner.

Key Verse: “But Peter put them all forth, and kneeled down, and prayed; and turning him to the body said, Tabitha, arise. And she opened her eyes: and when she saw Peter, she sat up” - (Acts 9:40).

The story was told of a pastor who returned from a vigil only to meet his wife crying due to the death of their first son.

He comforted her and aid the son on his bed and encouraged her to go to the Sunday service.

After preaching and counselling, they both came home to meet neighbours gathered at their front gate.

The neighbours accused them of not being considerate, as the boy had been crying for the mother since. God still raises up the dead today!

Aeneas of Lydda was hopelessly infirm for eight years. Peter declared unto him: “Jesus Christ maketh thee whole: arise, and make thy bed”.

Immediately, he arose and all that saw this miracle turned to the Lord. Peter was called to Joppa where Dorcas had just died.

The widows were weeping and showing him the coats and garments she made for them while she was alive.

Peter followed the example of Jesus; he called them out of the room and prayed.

Aeneas’s great disease needed a great cure; he could not help himself neither could his friends and physicians.

In like manner, sin, the soul sickness, is incurable with no soul physician but curable only through Christ’s work of atonement at Calvary.

The Lord has planted in the heart of believers, the spirit of human kindness and compassion here demonstrated by the alms deeds of Dorcas and the miracles of Peter.

To the believers who have been delivered, today, the power and authority to declare, ‘Jesus Christ makes thee whole’ for the disease that plagues the body, soul and spirit has been given.

Earlier on Peter declared, “And his name through faith in his name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him hath given him this perfect soundness in the presence of you all” (Acts 3:16).

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Today’s believer can also raise sin-slain person to life again through the message of salvation.

THE BIBLE IN A YEAR: Psalm 119:1-56

MEDITATION

The purpose, possibilities and publicity of miracles

1. God is happy and glorified when called upon to do what no man can do vv32,33,37.

2. Miracles can undo *whatever* Satan, sin or nature has done vv32,33,37.

3. Miracles are meant to enforce the realization of what Jesus has paid for on the cross vv32,33,37.

4. Miracles are meant to put into open demonstration the power and the superiority of Christ vv34,40,41.

5. Miracles are expected to draw saints closer to God and sinners to Christ vv35,42.

6. Miracles must be publicized and testified in order to achieve their purpose vv35,42.

7. There are people who have developed their faith and are not just receivers of miracles but also carrier of miracles vv34,40,41.

Let each believer demonstrate the purpose, possibilities and the publicity of miracles*

HYMN: Christ Jesus Has The Power

1 Christ Jesus hath the pow’r,
The power to forgive,
The pow’r to quicken whom He will,
And make the sinner live.
Christ Jesus hath the pow’r,
O tell it far and near!
O bring to Him your guilty heart,
And grace shall banish fear!

Chorus:
The pow’r of God He wields!
My heart surrender yields!
I trust Him evermore!
I worship and adore!

2 Christ Jesus hath the pow’r,
The power to renew,
The pow’r to cleanse your heart from sin,
And make you wholly true.
Christ Jesus hath the pow’r
For evermore to keep;
O none can pluck you from His hand,
Or rob Him of His sheep!

3. Christ Jesus hath the pow’r,
The power to console,
The pow’r to carry all your care—
On Him your burdens roll.
To wipe the tear away;
O place in Him your confidence!
O trust Him, and obey!

4. Christ Jesus hath the pow’r,
The power to destroy,
The pow’r to bruise your enemy
Who would your soul annoy.
When on your dying bed,
To give your soul the victory,
The pow’r to raise the dead!

PRAYER POINTS

1. Ask for greater faith that will position you for more miracles.

2. Ask for growth and grace that will make you a carrier of miracles.

3. Ask for power as of old that will be backed with more signs and wonders in the Church.

4. Pray for God to raise up carriers of miracles in the Church
Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 8:05am On Sep 12, 2019
DAILY MANNA

Thursday, September 12, 2019

Topic: The Sure Testimony

Text: John 3:29-36.

29. He that hath the bride is the bridegroom: but the friend of the bridegroom, which standeth and heareth him, rejoiceth greatly because of the bridegroom's voice: this my joy therefore is fulfilled. 

30. He must increase, but I must  decrease. 

31. He that cometh from above is above all: he that is of the earth is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: he that cometh from heaven is above all. 

32. And what he hath seen and heard, that he testifieth; and no man receiveth his testimony. 

33. He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true. 

34. For he whom God hath sent speaketh the words of God: for God giveth not the Spirit by measure unto him. 

35. The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. 

36. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

Key Verse: "He that hath received his testimony hath set to his seal that God is true" (John 3:33).

Salvation and eternal life hang on one's attitude and response to the Personality of Jesus Christ, the only begotten Son of God.

He is the Saviour and the only way to God.

John, in our passage, testified to the ageless truth that Jesus is the Son of God who has been with the Father above.

God sent Him to speak His word and for that purpose, He gave Him His Spirit without measure. God also gave Him all things.

John pointed to Jesus as the authentic Bridegroom of the Church, His bride. He came from above and is above all.

John's sure testimony is to one intent; that the eternal truth and everlasting life is only through believing the Son of God, Jesus Christ.

To be saved, one has to know the Son of God, believe in Him, serve and worship Him.

Jesus is not just one of the ways but the only way to God and eternal life.

It should be emphasized as John has reiterated that all things have been given unto the hands of Jesus by God.

Believing, serving and following Him to the end is the only way of escaping eternal condemnation.

Jesus' messages are not only true but heavenly because God sent Him to deliver His final revelation and judgement.

To do ourselves a world of good in life and eternity, we need to get acquainted with Jesus through studying the Bible.

We need to obey His words without reservation and like John the Baptist, we should tell others about Him.

Evangelism is not optional. It is every believer's ministry.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Know Jesus to lay hold on Eternal life.

COVER TO COVER: Psalm 119:57-176.

MEDITATION

The only way to get saved John 14:6

1. First is to accept the whole truth about who Christ is I Corinthian 15:1-3.

a. He is above all living and dead including angels and prophets v31.

b. His existence preceded his birth v31. He had been existing before He was miraculously conceived by the Holy Spirit and born through virgin Mary.

c. He is not of earthly origin but heavenly origin v31. He is incomparable to any man, living or dead.

d. He was in heaven before He became man in order to bear man's punishment for sins and *all* the words He spoke on earth, now written in the Bible, are the very words of God v32,34.

e. He is the heir and in full possession of all things that belong to God either in earth, under the earth or in heaven v35.

f. All souls (including yours), living or dead, angelic or demonic, including Satan and all his powers are under the full authority of Christ v35.

g. Death and life are under the authority of Christ v35.

h. Heaven is fully under His control and therefore He has the final say as to who can enter after forgiveness of sins v35.

Question: If there is any of these you don't accept or believe, salvation will remain a mirage to you.

2. The next step is faith and nothing else and nothing less

a. Have faith in the true Christ as shown above. Anything different amount to faith in a false Christ and falsehood can never produce salvation v36.

b. Remove all confidence in your self righteousness, works of charity, religiosity, etc. You cannot put your faith in Christ for salvation and something else at the same time v36.

c. Take the words of Jesus at face value and put your full trust in them v36, John 5:24.

d. Totally surrender your life to Christ as Lord and Saviour v36.

e. Sincerely break off from any habit that is not of heavenly character v31.

When all these simple steps are taken, everlasting life will immediately be deposited in your heart. It is better experienced than explained. It is real!

HYMN: The Day I Will Never Forget

1. O what a wonderful, wonderful day -
Day I will never forget;
After I'd wandered in darkness away,
Jesus my Saviour I met.
O what a tender, compassionate friend -
He met the need of my heart;
Shadows dispelling, With joy I am telling,
He made all the darkness depart.

Chorus:
Heaven came down and glory filled my soul,
When at the cross the Saviour made me whole;
My sins were washed away -
And my night was turned to day!
Heaven came down and glory filled my soul!

2. Born of the Spirit with life from above
Into God's fam'ly divine,
Justified fully thru Calvary's love,
O what a standing is mine!
And the transaction so quickly was made
When as a sinner I came,
Took of the offer of grace He did proffer -
He saved me, O praise His dear name!

3. Now I've a hope that will surely endure
After the passing of time;
I have a future in heaven for sure, There in those mansions sublime.
And it's because of that wonderful day
When at the cross I believed;
Riches eternal and blessings supernal
From His precious hand I received.

PRAYER POINTS

1. O Lord, teach me to put all my confidence and faith in you and not on anybody or anything.

2. Lord Jesus, I hereby accept you as Lord of heaven and earth and I hereby totally surrender my heart and life to you. Give me everlasting life.

3. Lord, help me to continue hearing your words as I read the Bible diligently and go to fellowships. Give me grace to be a true believer and doer henceforth.

4. I pray for the light of the truth of salvation to shine on those not saved especially...
Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 8:11am On Sep 14, 2019
DAILY MANNA

Saturday September 14, 2019

Topic: The Choice Is Yours

Text: Daniel 12:1-4

1. And at that time shall Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the children of thy people: and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time: and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book. 

2. And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. 

3. And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever. 

4. But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Key Verse: “And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt” - (Daniel 12:2).

Thomas Paine was born at Thetford, England, in 1737. He lived in the periods of the great Christian revivals by George Whitefield and John Wesley. He lived a life against God and drew many hearts away from Him.

At his death, an eye witness said he was to be pitied. Paine's cries at the hour of death were: “O Lord, help me! God, help me! Jesus Christ help me!” “Oh, but there is no God”. He then retorted, “Yet if there be, what would become of me hereafter?”

In terror and agony, his very last words recorded were: “My God, My God, why has thou forsaken me?”

On the other hand, Polycarp one of the disciples of John the beloved, lived a challenging, holy and righteous life during the reign of Emperor Nero in Rome.

For this, he was arrested and told to deny Christ. He refused and was burnt alive.

His last words were: “O Lord, the Father of thy beloved Son, Jesus Christ, I thank thee that thou hast graciously, this hour allotted me a portion among the number of martyrs”.

God's end-time revelation to prophet Daniel shows two fates for the people of this world at the expiration of our lives on earth – everlasting life or shame and everlasting contempt.

Finding and maintaining genuine salvation with God through Jesus Christ secures everlasting life for the believers while spurning and rejecting salvation damns the soul to shame and everlasting contempt.

Converted souls are expected to propagate the gospel and turn many to righteousness.

We are therefore admonished to be active in personal evangelism. Even though knowledge has increased and many are busy running to and fro, this eternal truth still remains concealed to several people.

But it is clearly revealed to us by God's grace. We need to rest on this truth of the gospel and reach out to those ignorant of the blessed good news.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Only Jesus offers the radiance that generates eternal life.

THE BIBLE IN A YEAR: Psalms 131-138

MEDITATION

The time of the end

1. The Tribulation Period (v1)

a. The immediate thing in God's calendar is the Rapture of the saints I Thessalonians 4:13-17.

b. Saints' rapture opens the curtain to the Tribulation period v1.

c. It is a time of unprecedented and unsurpassable sufferings v1, Matthew 24: 21,22.

d. It will be a "time of trouble" v1, Jeremiah 30:7.

d. During this time, the converted Jews or "the elect" "shall be delivered" from the angry waves and fire of wrath at that time v1, Matthew 24:21,22.

2. The Two Resurrections:

a. It will be selective v2.

b. Resurrection to everlasting life and resurrection to shame and contempt v2, John 5:29; resurrection of the just and resurrection of the unjust Luke 14:14; first resurrection and second death Revelation 20:4-6.

c. There will be a gap of 1000 years between the two resurrections Revelation 20:4-6.

d. The resurrection of the just (Old Testament saints, the converted Jews during Tribulation and Tribulation saints) will take place immediately after the Great Tribulation because they are too precious to partake of the Great Tribulation; while all the dead sinners of all ages will "resurrect" after the 1000 millennial reign of Christ because they are too vile to be part of that kingdom having spent their lifetime in wilful rejection of the Lordship of Christ Revelation 20:4-6.

3. Two Destinies: Heaven and Hell (Revelation 20:15).

4. Two Groups of People - the wise and the foolish (v3).

Question: What is the main distinguishing lifestyle of the wise from the foolish? v3. Are you wise by God's standard?

6. One Feature of the Last Days (v6)
Information glut.

Who says we are not in the last days?

HYMN: When The Roll Is Called Up Yonder

1 When the trumpet of the Lord shall sound,
and time shall be no more,
and the morning breaks, eternal, bright and fair;
when the saved of earth shall gather
over on the other shore,
and the roll is called up yonder, I'll be there.

Refrain:
When the roll is called up yonder,
when the roll is called up yonder,
when the roll is called up yonder,
when the roll is called up yonder, I'll be there.

2. On that bright and cloudless morning
when the dead in Christ shall rise,
and the glory of his resurrection share;
when his chosen ones shall gather
to their home beyond the skies,

3. Let us labor for the Master
from the dawn till setting sun,
let us talk of all his wondrous love and care;
then when all of life is over,
and our work on earth is done,

PRAYER POINTS

1. Pray for wisdom to always make choices in the light of eternity.

2. Pray for grace to endure all shame and hardships for Christ's sake so that you will not partake of resurrection unto shame.

3. Pray that you will have the commitment and faithfulness to be turning "many to righteousness"

4. Pray for awakening of the Church to watchfulness and faithfulness in these last days.
Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 7:47am On Sep 15, 2019
DAILY MANNA
SUNDAY SEPTEMBER 15, 2019
TOPIC: GOD'S POWER NOT FOR SALE
TEXT: Acts 8:9-25
KEY VERSE:
“But Peter said unto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money” - (Acts 8:20).
It is a common scene in many religious assemblies to solicit for sponsorship of projects. Cash donations and offering collections from people who are hosting funeral ceremonies, birthdays, child christening and church inaugurations irrespective of the religious status and convictions of the celebrants and guests have become common place. Many of the unsuspecting and unknowledgeable communicants implicitly believe that the more they are able to contribute or gather for the church, the greater the favour they would receive from God. What a misconception!
Our study is based on a narrative on one Simon the sorcerer in Samaria. Simon became one of the converts in the revival initiated by Philip. He however was impressed by the miracles that he saw. Awe-stricken, he offered money to receive the power of the Holy Ghost baptism. Peter’s sharp rebuke is instructive to everyone today who thinks their monetary or material offerings can appease God and buy their way through to any of His gifts which are given only by grace.
Genuine salvation is by grace. All other gifts of God are by grace. Spending for God and the church’s projects is not expected to substitute our submission to His instructions nor a means of ensuring a space in heaven. Giving material gifts in the church from a heart that is not genuinely born again is like saving money in a bank in which we have no bank account. What a wasted exercise!
Money cannot buy God’s gift; half-conversion is as bad as no conversion; covetousness is dangerous, deceptive and damning. However, genuine Spiritual gifts are still available free of charge to those who can consecrate themselves to the Lord.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Giving money to the church is not an alternative to consecration for God's gifts.
THE BIBLE IN A YEAR:
Psalm 139-150
Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 9:51am On Sep 16, 2019
DAILY MANNA
MONDAY SEPTEMBER 16, 2019
TOPIC: MIRACLES LEAD TO CONFESSION
TEXT: Exodus 18:1-12
KEY VERSE:
“Now I know that the LORD is greater than all gods: for in the thing wherein they dealt proudly he was above them” - (Exodus 18:11).
The queen of Sheba undertook a long journey to Jerusalem after hearing of the greatness and wisdom of Solomon, the king of Israel. She was also a great personality in her own right. But her fame paled beside that of the son of David. She decided to prove this man's wisdom and riches, which overshadowed her own. Solomon's grandeur was as a result of the favour he received from God. It proved the point that any project backed by God will always attract attention.
It was the same with the great deliverance of the children of Israel from bondage in Egypt. The miraculous crossing of the Red Sea on dry ground by these descendants of Jacob also led many to come and visit the Israelites.
Jethro, Moses' father-in-law was one of those who came visiting in the wilderness. He was not only amazed, but also showed reverence to God. He made a confession that should follow every great and mighty act of God: “now, I know that the LORD is greater than all gods…”
Every being should come to the realisation that there is no stopping when God proposes to accomplish something. He will fulfil all promises, subdue every situation that attempts to exalt itself above the knowledge of God and spoil all principalities and powers that raise their shoulders in pride against His name. As we acknowledge His presence and personality, He will no doubt prove Himself in our lives that there is no other beside Him.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Every challenge fades away into insignificance when we have God in focus.
THE BIBLE IN A YEAR:
Proverbs 1-3
Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 6:56am On Sep 17, 2019
DAILY MANNA

Tuesday, September 17 2019

Topic: God Defends The Faithful

Text: Numbers 12:1-8.

1. And Miriam and Aaron spake against Moses because of the Ethiopian woman whom he had married: for he had married an Ethiopian woman. 

2. And they said, Hath the LORD  indeed spoken only by Moses? hath he not spoken also by us? And the  LORD heard it. 

3. (Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which  were upon the face of the earth.)

4. And the LORD spake suddenly unto Moses, and unto Aaron, and unto Miriam, Come out ye three unto the tabernacle of the congregation. And they three came out. 

5. And the LORD came down in the pillar of the cloud, and stood in the door of the tabernacle, and called Aaron and Miriam: and they both came forth. 

6. And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I  the LORD will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream. 

7. My servant Moses is not so, who  is faithful in all mine house. 

8. With him will I speak mouth to mouth, even apparently, and not in dark speeches; and the similitude of the LORD shall he behold: wherefore then were ye not afraid to speak against my servant Moses?

Key Verse: "My servant Moses is not so, who is faithful in all mine house" (Numbers 12:7).

One of the greatest virtues employers, couples, friends and business partners desire is faithfulness.

Faithfulness, loyalty, reliability, allegiance and fidelity, though rare in most human endeavours, rate high in God's economy.

To be counted faithful implies that one is reliable, dependable, honest and trustworthy. This feat can only be earned through drawing from the instructions of God's word.

God attested to Moses' faithfulness. As most men and women of high integrity and faithfulness are subjects of attack from others, even so was Moses.

His siblings, Aaron and Miriam, derided him and his marriage and challenged his ministry and walk with God.

In the face of the unprovoked challenge, Moses kept his peace and was rated as very meek, above all men. No human action escapes the sight of God.

He not only attested to Moses' faithfulness but sharply rebuked the erring Aaron and Miriam and defended His faithful servant.

We may draw criticisms and rude remarks from detractors in unexpected quarters. Nevertheless, we must not relent.

Man's reactions to our piety should not cause us to lapse into unfaithfulness, compromise, disloyalty or infidelity.

Faithfulness is demanded in our place of work, in private and public life, between husband and wife, in our service unto God and indeed in our day-to-day activities.

Faithfulness is threatened by inward and external pressure, enticements, quest for ease of life, inability of people to appreciate us, and absence of immediate punishment of unfaithfulness.

Whatever reason there may be, unfaithfulness only draws the anger and judgement of God while faithfulness delivers, even from death!

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: The Lord's eyes never leave the faithful for protection.

COVER TO COVER: PROVERBS 4-6.

MEDITATION

Why God punished Miriam but seemed to leave Aaron unpunished for the same offence

1. The Background Exodus 4:24-26

a. Moses married Zipporah, Jethro's daughter, whom he served for about 40 years.

b. It was an honour for Moses to be married to his Master's daughter.

c. At that time, Moses had never met the Lord and neither was there any law that a Jew should not marry a gentile at that time.

d. So Moses did nothing wrong in marrying this Midianite or Ethiopian.

e. Moses later discovered that the woman would be a serious problem to his great ministry. He therefore separated from her and left her in her father's house with the children.

f. Moses refused to marry another person. However, Jethro brought Zipporah and the children of Moses to him in the wilderness as a reunion Exodus 18:5,6.

g. There was high likelihood that Zipporah, being a gentile, continued to manifest her lawless attitude as a gentile and Moses' siblings, Aaron and Miriam, were not comfortable with it and they started speaking against Moses Numbers 12:1.

2. Why the confrontation against Moses was evil

a. Moses had manifested a high level of discipline and consecration by separating, even though not divorced, from his family during the Journey because of his call.

b. Moses made this marriage mistake before his salvation and call, and therefore he should not be crucified for it.

c. Aaron and Miriam were with their own families while Moses sacrificed his family for his calling.

d. Moses was passing through leadership crisis at this time and what Moses needed was encouragement and not accusation for what was not his fault. He was meek so it was the wife who decided to be rebellious.

e. Miriam and Aaron were Moses elderly siblings of the same parents. They suppose to understand the scenario better and give their brother more support and not needless accusations. They sinned against brotherliness.

f. The content of their accusation also showed jealousy and there was no need for it because the calling of Moses was from God and not that he made himself their leader.

h. They were insincere by equating their ministries and closeness with God with that of Moses. It was lack of respect for leadership and for God Himself.

g. Since the complaint has to do with the wife of Moses, and considering the nature of Aaron, Miriam, a woman too, must have been the one who pushed Aaron to join her in the rebellion.

I. Is there anyone who will blame God for judging Miriam who is the less qualified than Aaron to speak against Moses, being a woman who should be a mother to all? It was a failure of womanhood.

j. Leaders who do wrong should be confronted like Paul confronted Peter but it must be righteous and considerate judgement without evil motive and jealousy.

k. In this case, what Miriam and Aaron did was counterproductive and did not solve any problem but created more for Moses and his leadership. God was angry!

HYMN: More Holiness Give Me, More Strivings Within

1. More holiness give me,
More sweetness within,
More patience in suff’ring,
More sorrow for sin,
More faith in my Savior,
More sense of His care,
More joy in His service,
More freedom in prayer.

Chorus
Come, my Savior, and help me,
Comfort, strengthen and keep me;
Thou each moment wilt save me,
Thou art saving me now.

2. More gratitude give me,
More trust in the Lord,
More zeal for His glory,
More hope in His Word,
More tears for His sorrows,
More pain at His grief,
More meekness in trial,
More praise for relief.

3. More victory give me,
More strength to o’ercome,
More freedom from earth-stains,
More quest for the throne,
More fit for the kingdom,
More useful I’d be,
More blessed and holy,
More, Savior, like Thee.

PRAYER POINTS

1. Pray for grace to be an encouragement to leaders and not otherwise.

2. Pray for your leaders that God will encourage, energise and help them in all areas.

3. Pray for families of all workers that Jesus will reign fully in their midst.

4. Pray for victory against attacks on Christian families in the Church.
Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 7:12am On Sep 18, 2019
DAILY MANNA

Wednesday, September 18 2019

Topic: God's Business Code

Text: Hebrews 11:4-6.

4. By faith Abel offered unto God a more excellent sacrifice than Cain, by which he obtained witness that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead yet speaketh. 

5. By faith Enoch was translated that he should not see death; and was not found, because God had translated him: for before his translation he had this testimony, that he pleased God. 

6. But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and  that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.

Key Verse: "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seeks him" (Hebrews 11:6).

Understanding the subject and the object of life is very important in our accomplishment of any spiritual exploit in life.

A sinner needs faith to be saved, sanctified and baptized in the Holy Spirit.

The sick need faith to be healed and the oppressed, to be delivered.

The needy need faith for provisions and the discouraged need faith to move forward.

Faith achieves the impossible, the unattainable and the seemingly unaccomplishable.

What then is faith?

It is trusting or believing the words of God and acting on His precepts, regardless of the circumstances.

Our passage today centres on two key figures and what they accomplished through faith.

Abel was a direct descendant of Adam. He offered a sacrifice unto the Lord. His sacrifice was therefore evaluated as a "more excellent sacrifice."

Enoch was another patriarch mentioned in this passage who pleased God. This earned him an automatic translation to heaven without seeing death!

These two patriarchs did not have the Bible, a preacher or a counsellor; yet, by deliberate desire, they displayed their utter submission to God.

Without such total submission to God and His word, it is impossible to please God.

Faith means Forsaking All I Trust Him. It transcends every human or spiritual barrier. It makes us to literally stand on the word of God and unmoveably rely on its truth.

Without faith, victory in life's vicissitudes will be unattainable, pleasing God and receiving anything from Him will be a foreclosed issue.

As believers, we must always have faith in God if we want our prayers answered and our life's battles won.

In sum, faith is the code for all spiritual transaction.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Faith is the currency of all transactions with God.

COVER TO COVER: Proverbs 7-8.

MEDITATION:

Great Wonders of Faith

1. Faith gives assurance of salvation and sins forgiven (v4, Romans 8:16)

a. Religion, good works, good character, church attendance, fastings, piety, giving alms etc cannot give assurance of salvation.

b. Faith in only the atoning sacrifice of the blood of Jesus does. In other words, faith in the word of God concerning who Jesus is and what He did on the cross will produce the miracle of assurance.
Do you have assurance of salvation? Check Romans 4:5, 16; 5:1, 9.

2. Faith transforms and translates (v5).

a. Faith in Christ transforms a filthy person to a holy person like Enoch.

b. Faith translates someone to a higher ground or position, which is beyond his/her power, both physical and spiritual, temporal and eternal.

3. None can walk with God without it (v6)

a. You cannot receive the divine power to live a life pleasing to Him without it because what He demands is naturally impossible for man.

b. Faith is simple: Believe what the Bible says about Him (You must read the Bible) and believe that He rewards actions of faith.

HYMN: My Faith Has Found A Resting Place

1. My faith has found a resting place,
Not in device nor creed;
I trust the Ever-living One,
His wounds for me shall plead.

Chorus
I need no other argument,
I need no other plea;
It is enough that Jesus died,
And that He died for me.

2. Enough for me that Jesus saves,
This ends my fear and doubt;
A sinful soul I come to Him,
He’ll never cast me out.

3. My heart is leaning on the Word,
The written Word of God,
Salvation by my Savior’s name,
Salvation through His blood.

4. My great Physician heals the sick,
The lost He came to save;
For me His precious blood He shed,
For me His life He gave.

PRAYER POINTS:

1. Lord, give me an ever increasing faith.

2. Lord, teach me how to believe and trust your word simply.

3. Check any of His word concerning your need and ask God with faith in the word/promise.

4. Lord, let the word of God we are hearing in the church be mixing with faith in the hearts of the young and old and be producing desired miracles.
Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 7:45am On Sep 19, 2019
*DAILY MANNA*
*THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 19 2019*

*HOLINESS DEMANDED*
*TEXT:* LEVITICUS 11:41-47.
_*�KEY VERSE* "For I am the LORD your God: ye shall therefore sanctify yourselves, and ye shall be holy; for I am holy: neither shall ye defile yourselves with any manner of creeping thing that creeps upon the earth" (LEVITICUS 11:44)._

Jimmy Owens, the renowned songwriter wrote in one of his famous hymns: "You shall be holy unto me, For I, the Lord am holy, You shall be holy unto me, For I, the Lord, am holy, And you shall sanctify yourselves and be holy, For I am holy, And you shall sanctify yourselves, and be holy, For I am holy, And I will walk among you and will be your God. And I will walk among you, and you shall be my people." There are people who cannot bear with a system that seems to curtail their liberty and restrict their lifestyle. They want to be free to do whatever they like whenever they feel. What these people fail to realise is that a life of unrestrained liberty is in itself the greatest form of bondage.

In today's text, God commanded the children of Israel to avoid eating certain creatures in order to keep themselves clean. Several other passages in the Scriptures highlight God's distaste for uncleanness because He wants His people to be holy, set apart and be unique just as He is holy. The Lord does not want true Christians to mix up with their pagan neighbours, get involved in their idol worship or compromise with them in sin.

God called Israel out of idolatrous Egypt and set them apart as a unique nation, dedicated to worshipping Him alone in the beauty of His holiness. This is the same calling we have as Christians today. We are to remain spiritually isolated from the wickedness and corruption of this world. God does not expect us to accomplish this by our own power; hence, He made provision for us through the death of His Son, Jesus Christ.

As we accept the Lord Jesus as our Saviour and willingly set ourselves apart from the pollutions of this world, we will receive grace and power to live a radiant, holy and victorious life.

*✍THOUGHT FOR THE DAY* You can't belong to God and be unlike God. He is holy, so must you!

*COVER TO COVER* PROVERBS 9-11.

*MEDITATION*

Another aspect of holiness

1. Eating together denotes fellowship and communion in the Bible Revelation 3:20, Exodus 24:10,11.
2. Peter was asked to eat both clean and unclean animals in a vision thrice which eventually meant fellowshipping with the Gentiles Acts 10:10-16, 21,22.
3. Creeping animals, like snakes, denote evil and dirty animals easily soiled by the earth. To believers creeping animals denote filthy, compromised, earyhly and worldly people.
4. Avoiding creeping animals therefore means separation from worldliness or noncomformity to the world, earthly corruption and defiling relationships vv41-43, Romans 12:1-2, I John 2:15-17, James 3:15.
5. Worldliness, love of the world and friendship or fellowship with filthy people are classified as abominations and unholiness vv41-43. Worldly Christianity is contradictory and abominable to God.
6. This aspect of holiness, i.e. separation, is man's responsibility. Man must play his own part first before God sanctifies vv44,45.
7. The motivation for holiness is to be like God so that walking with God will be a reality vv44,45.

*HYMN* Ye shall be holy unto me

Ye shall be holy unto me
For I the Lord, I'm holy 2x
And you sanctify yourselves
And be holy for I am holy
And you shall sanctify yourselves
And be holy for I am holy.
*Chorus*
And I will walk among you
And will be your God
And I will walk among you
And ye shall be my people.

*PRAYER POINT*
1. I have read your word on Christian separation. Give me the grace, the will and the power to separate from the world totally.
2. Lord, cleanse me now from all defilements from defiling relationships as I determine now to break off.
3. Make me truly holy like you.
4. Lord, convict all your children of all superficiality, hypocritical and worldly conformity and let all desire and be filled with true holiness.
Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 6:59am On Sep 20, 2019
*DAILY MANNA*
*FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 20 2019*

*BE ANOTHER ELIJAH*
*TEXT:* 1 KINGS 17:17-24.
_*�KEY VERSE* "And the LORD heard the voice of Elijah; and the soul of the child came into him again, and he revived" (1 KINGS 17:22)._

Dr. Yonggi Cho once said that prayer is like a bomb. Bombard heaven with your prayers. Afterward there will be complete destruction of Satan's strongholds. One of the greatest heritages we enjoy from the Lord is the instrumentality of prayers. Prayer is the privilege of communing with God. Imagine the cluster of challenges with daily face and the disasters that could ensue were it not for the grace to summon heavenly intervention through the medium of prayers!

Our text presents us with an embarrassment which Elijah the man of God faced in the home of the widow at Zarephath. There had been a divinely arranged encounter between the two in which Elijah's physical need was met. The widow's fear of a last meal in a devastating famine was equally mitigated. With this glorious feat, the ordinary mind could not have gathered another daunting challenge for the two: the sudden death of the only son of the widow. So unnerved was Elijah that he remarked, "O Lord my God, hast thou also brought evil upon the widow with whom I sojourn by slaying her son?" Elijah did not stop at merely bemoaning his fate: he strongly tapped into the enormous resources of prevailing prayer. God honoured him and brought the child back to life.

As Christians, we should not be under any illusion that the cessation of a problem in our lives marks the end of all challenges of life. It is not so. Certainly, we are bound to face challenges and pass through string of tribulations because we are not of this world.

Like Elijah, we have to give ourselves to effectual fervent prayer, the contending odds notwithstanding. And if our lives are righteous and pure as God requires through His grace, we can be rest assured of His deliverance from every fearsome challenge. Be another Elijah!

*✍THOUGHT FOR THE DAY* Prayer is the key which unlocks the door of victory.

*COVER TO COVER* PROVERBS 12-14.

*MEDITATION*

Prayer of faith can turn embarrassing situations into testimonies

1. The woman got a miracle of provision but lost her son to death. Sorrow to the woman and embarrassment to Elijah vv15,16,17.
*Note:*
a. Satan may want to spoil your testimony by taking great things in your life in replacement with smaller things.
b. Satan may want to embarrass a Christian/man of God by taking something precious from him/her after a testimony.
2. Elijah did not know all the theology of who caused it and why, but he knew when a person died it is the soul that left him and he has authority over that soul vv20-21.
3. Elijah did not argue with the woman on theological issues, he knew only miracle will suffice vv18,19.
4. As usual, he did not just prayed, he cried to God. It was a fervent, hot prayer v21.
5. Elijah was a man like us James 5:17. So anybody can develop him/herself and receive anointing and faith to turn embarrassing situation into testimony. That is the need of the hour

*HYMN* Never give up

1 Never be sad or desponding,
If thou hast faith to believe;
Grace, for the duties before thee,
Ask of thy God and receive.
*Refrain:*
Never give up,
Never give up,
Never give up to thy sorrows,
Jesus will bid them depart;
Trust in the Lord,
Trust in the Lord,
Sing when your trials are greatest,
Trust in the Lord and take heart.
2 What if thy burdens oppress thee;
What though thy life may be drear;
Look on the side that is brightest,
Pray, and thy path will be clear. [Refrain]
3 Never be sad or desponding,
There is a morrow for thee;
Soon thou shalt dwell in its brightness,
There with the Lord thou shalt be. [Refrain]
4 Never be sad or desponding,
Lean on the arm of thy Lord;
Dwell in the depths of His mercy,
Thou shalt receive thy reward. [Refrain]

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord, give me faith and anointing that will never give in to all the pranks of Satan.
2. Lord, give me power and authority in prayer to always turn embarrassing situation into testimony.
3. Any embarrassing situation? Take it to God with fervency.
4. Lord, give our pastors double portion of anointing so that testimonies will be following their ministrations.
Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 6:43am On Sep 21, 2019
*DAILY MANNA*
*SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 21 2019*

*HELP FROM ABOVE*
*TEXT:* ISAIAH 18:1-7.
_*�KEY VERSE* "For so the LORD said unto me, I will take my rest, and I will consider in my dwelling place like a clear heat upon herbs, and like a cloud of dew in the heat of harvest" (ISAIAH 18:4)._

Our text reveals God's displeasure towards Ethiopia's request from Judah. Ethiopia, which Isaiah described as a major world power at that time, ruled Egypt and was a major rival to Assyria. Through its ambassadors, who sought for an alliance with Judah, Ethiopia demanded that Judah should send swift messengers to align itself with it against Assyria. But God rejected such alliance, informing that as Judah's Lord, He was more than able to deal with the Assyrians Himself. He wanted Judah to trust Him.

God noted that He could destroy the Assyrian army completely to the extent that they would be left as prey for the mountain birds. As God felt that Ethiopia's request was unnecessary, Isaiah the prophet also announced that a day would come when the Ethiopians would come to worship the Lord and bring gifts to Him. So, instead of Israelite's messengers bringing news to Ethiopia for an alliance against Assyria, the Ethiopians would, one day, come and worship God at Mount Zion.

There are so-called Christians who seek help where there is no help. Idol worshippers and occultists, who actually need help, have now become consultants of some "believers". What a pity! Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego never sought for Nebuchadnezzar's help at the moment of their trial. Jesus never implored for Pilate's assistance at the "downturn" of His life. Paul the apostle never beseeched King Agrippa for help when the Jewish leaders moved against him.

Who do you take after? Are you abandoning God and seeking help from those you are indeed supposed to help? Are you not supposed to stand for God, no matter whose ox is gored, so that unbelievers will turn away from their sin and come to Christ? If you are truly a Christian, be a model in this evil and adulterous generation.

*✍THOUGHT FOR THE DAY* There is no limit to God's ability to save to the uttermost.

*COVER TO COVER* PROVERBS 15-17.

*MEDITATION*

God, the Helper of the despised and downtrodden

1. Israel, due to sin of commission and omission, became a despised, scattered and downtrodden nation v2.
2. Israel also suffered natural devastation and calamity v2.
3. In their trouble, Ethiopia begun to deride and mock them by sending emissaries to them to take the position of God in Israel vv1,2a.
4. God in His jealousy spoke through Isaiah to come to their aid and punish the mocking Ethiopians 4-6.
5. Things turned around. The mocking and proud Ethiopians became the destroyed, despised and downtrodden nation vv4-6.
5. God also promised the despised and downtrodden Israel to bring her into close fellowship, worship and relationship offering gifts of joy, praise and blessings to God.
*Are you downtrodden and despised for whatever cause or reason? If you put your trust in God as Helper, things will turn around from dishonour to honour, from disgrace to grace*
*Are you rejoicing or boasting over a downtrodden or despised person?* Note that God is jealous and "power can change hands".

*HYMN* What a friend we have in Jesus

1. What a Friend we have in Jesus,
All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
Everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit,
O what needless pain we bear,
All because we do not carry
Everything to God in prayer!
Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged,
Take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful
Who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness,
Take it to the Lord in prayer.
Are we weak and heavy-laden,
Cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge—
Take it to the Lord in prayer
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
Take it to the Lord in prayer;
In His arms He’ll take and shield thee,
Thou wilt find a solace there.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord, I want to take you as my Helper at all times. Let not my faith in you fail at any time.
2. Lord, give me unwavering faith in you when the going goes tough and let me never look to your enemies for help.
3. Is there any area you need God's help? Take it to the Lord in prayer and faith.
4. Lord, visit all those despised and downtrodden in the Church with miracles of honour, glory and grace.
Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 8:35am On Sep 22, 2019
*DAILY MANNA*
*SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 22 2019*

*UNITY OF PURPOSE*
*TEXT:* 1 CHRONICLES 12:23-40.
_*�KEY VERSE* "All these men of war, that could keep rank, came with a perfect heart to Hebron, to make David king over all Israel: and all the rest also of Israel were of one heart to make David king" (1 CHRONICLES 12:38)._

The story is told of a man who on his dying bed, desired to teach his three sons a lesson on unity and cooperation. He requested for a bunch of broom which he asked each of them to break. This, of course, they could not do. He then told them to untie the broom and attempt to break them stick after stick. This they did very effortlessly and the lesson was not lost upon his sons who vowed to their father that they would always stick together.

David's route to the kingship of all Israel had been one fraught with many challenges. He ran from Saul's fury, hiding in caves, mountains and forests. But God's time for him to be crowned came at last. Being a man of war, he had a well-organized army with an astonishing number of brave and fearless soldiers. Adequate provision was made for a successful coronation.

These men of war gathered at Hebron (verse 40) for the singular purpose of installing David as king. They all came, including the "children of Issachar which were men that had understanding of the times" (verse 32). These men that could keep rank came with "a perfect heart" (verse 38). God is honoured when we unite in love and perfect commitment for a good and noble cause.

David was anointed King at age sixteen but did not become the ruler of both Israel and Judah until about twenty years later. No matter how long it seems, God's pronouncement and promises must come to pass. God is worth waiting for and His promises are ever sure. Those who wait on him without wavering shall never be disappointed. God will use every circumstance to fulfill His will for His children.

*✍THOUGHT FOR THE DAY* God is honoured when we unite for a noble cause.

*COVER TO COVER* PROVERBS 18-20.

*MEDITATION*

God's time is the best

*1. From promise to manifestation*
a. A Goliath to fight
b. A more powerful principality (Saul) to escape from.
c. A wilderness journey that lasted for about 15 years.
d. Separation and loss of communication from beloved family and friends (including Jonathan) for life.
e. Sleepless nights due to battle for survival.
f. A life of refugee in other nations because of persecutors.
g. A robbery and devastating attacks by Amalekites and others which resulted into many llosses (though recovered back).
g. What other challenging experiences did he passed through before becoming king?
Obviously not a pleasant experience even after receiving the promise of a crown to rule Israel.
*Tell us your own experience. If it has not turned to a testimony, it will if you continue trusting the Lord*
*2. Turning challenging times to preparation time*
a. He wrote psalms in the wilderness. Still a blessing today.
b. He raised a family.
c. He raised and train an army of experts in war.
d. He learnt patience and obedience to God.
e. He developed close and deep relationship with God.
f. He fine tuned his warfare skills for greater assignments.
g. No thought of suicide, depression or forsaking God.
h. What other positive things did he achieve while waiting for fulfilment of God's promises?
*Never be discouraged or depressed. Be actively involved in self development and creative things that will help humanity*
*3. Eventually he wore the crown*
a. At God's time
b. And the victory came.
c. And people unitedly rejoiced with him.
d. All wilderness experiences ended and the battles won.
*Q* Do you have a similar experience after receiving God's promise?
*Q* How do you compare this to christian journey to heaven?
*Cheer up and remain faithful. "God is not a man that should lie..."* Numbers 23:19.

*HYMN* When the battle is over

1. Am I a soldier of the cross,
A follower of the Lamb,
And shall I fear to own His cause,
Or blush to speak His name?

*Refrain*
And when the battle’s over
We shall wear a crown!
Yes, we shall wear a crown!
Yes, we shall wear a crown!
We shall wear a crown
In the new Jerusalem
Wear a crown (wear a crown)
Wear a crown (wear a crown)
Wear a bright and shining crown;
We shall wear a crown
In the new Jerusalem.

2. Must I be carried to the skies
On flowery beds of ease,
While others fought to win the prize,
And sailed through bloody seas?
*Refrain*

3. Are there no foes for me to face?
Must I not stem the flood?
Is this vile world a friend to grace,
To help me on to God?
*Refrain*

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Praise God because He is not a man and what He has promised you will all come to pass.
2. Ask for grace to remain faithful and wisdom to turn your trying time to profits.
3. Pray that God will send your helpers of destiny to you and you will not miss each other.
4. Ask for grace and courage for those passing through wilderness and challenging experience in the Church.
Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 6:42am On Sep 23, 2019
DAILY MANNA

Monday September 23, 2019

Topic: How To Overcome

Text: Psalm 77:1-9

1. I Cried unto God with my voice,
Even unto God with my voice; and he gave ear unto me.

2. In the day of my trouble I sought the Lord:
My sore ran in the night, and ceased not: My soul refused to be comforted.

3. I remembered God, and was troubled:
I complained, and my spirit was overwhelmed. Selah.

4. Thou holdest mine eyes waking:
I am so troubled that I cannot speak

5. I have considered the days of old,
The years of ancient times.

6. I call to remembrance my song in the night:
I commune with mine own heart: And my spirit made diligent search.

7. Will the Lord cast off for ever?
And will he be favourable no more?

8. Is his mercy clean gone for ever?
Doth his promise fail for evermore?

9. Hath God forgotten to be gracious?
Hath he in anger shut up his tender mercies? Selah.

Key Verse: “I cried unto God with my voice, even unto God with my voice; and he gave ear unto me” - (Psalm 77:1).

Arthur Tappan Pierson, an American Presbyterian pastor, who was a consulting editor for the original 'Scofield Reference Bible' in 1909, said:

“God has no greater controversy with His people today than this, that with boundless promises to believing prayer, there are so few who actually give themselves unto intercession.”

There is perhaps no hopeless occupation than to lie awake and worry over seemingly insurmountable circumstances.

Yet, it is said that perseverance is a great element of success. This is because if we keep knocking long and loud enough at the gate, we are sure to wake up somebody.

The Psalmist had found himself in an apparently hopeless situation as a result of the general decay of the time.

The challenge was great; there seemed to be no answer in sight. His distress was overwhelming. Then he cried out to God for courage and ability to wade through the severely trying moment.

“In the day of my trouble I sought the Lord...” He wondered if God had forgotten him. “Is his mercy clean gone forever?” He thought aloud.

The experience of this Psalmist is a common phenomenon. Nations and individuals are passing through very bitter and hopeless times; many are wondering if the end has not come at last.

It is difficult to believe that there will be a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel. Hunger and hardship force children and even adults to sleep with empty stomachs.

Yet, God is still on the throne.

This is the time to seek the Lord. Whatever challenge you may be facing, take it to the Lord in prayer.

Delay is not denial. Let your strength lie and be rooted in your moral purity and faith in the unfailing God. He will not disappoint you.

'He that keepeth thee shall not slumber.'

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Though gloomy and cloudy, the sun will rise up sooner.

THE BIBLE IN A YEAR: Proverbs 21-23

MEDITATION

No situation that prayer cannot change

1. The terrible situation of the psalmist

a. Described as a day of trouble vv2,4.

b. Sorrow without comfort v2.

c. Overwhelming challenges and depression v3.

d. Indescribable pains v4.

e. Sleepless nights v4.

f. Sense of loss of God's presence and favour v7.

g. Deep doubts and questioning God's mercy, grace and faithfulness to His promises vv7,8.

Question: Are your challenges as weighty as the psalmist? There is complete solution in prayers.

2. The kind of prayers that brought solutions to such challenges

a. Crying to God with your voice and not just relying solely on someone else prayers v1.

b. Persistent, unceasingly seeking the face of the Lord in the day and in the night v2.

c. Tasking prayers without looking at bodily pains and inconveniences v2.

d. Groaning in prayers with the help of the Holy Spirit v3.

3. And the prayer worked! v1.

HYMN: Tell It To Jesus

1 Are you weary, are you heavyhearted?
Tell it to Jesus,
Tell it to Jesus;
Are you grieving over joys departed?
Tell it to Jesus alone.

Chorus:
Tell it to Jesus, tell it to Jesus,
He is a friend that's well-known;
You've no other such a friend or brother,
Tell it to Jesus alone.

2 Do the tears flow down your cheeks unbidden?
Tell it to Jesus,
Tell it to Jesus;
Have you sins that to men's eyes are hidden?
Tell it to Jesus alone.

3 Do you fear the gath'ring clouds of sorrow?
Tell it to Jesus,
Tell it to Jesus;
Are you anxious what shall be tomorrow?
Tell it to Jesus alone.

4 Are you troubled at the thought of dying?
Tell it to Jesus,
Tell it to Jesus;
For Christ's coming kingdom are you sighing?
Tell it to Jesus alone.

PRAYER POINTS

1. Lord, give me the grace to convert all my pains, pressures and problems into crying and groaning in prayers.

2. Lord, give me faith and courage that cannot be conquered by overwhelming challenges.

3. Tell Jesus those problems and cry to Him.

4. Pray for those already depressed and overwhelmed by their challenges in the church that they will receive power and grace to rise up and travail unto victory.
Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 6:39am On Sep 24, 2019
*DAILY MANNA*
*TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 24 2019*

*ARE YOU ON THE LORD'S SIDE?*
*TEXT:* REVELATION 17:9-14.
_*�KEY VERSE* "These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful" (REVELATION 17:14)._

It is common to say that life is full of battles, but the distinction between he who becomes a victim or a victor in the battle depends on whose side you are. Those who fight on the side of Christ are sure of victory at all times while those who are on Satan's side are sure to be defeated. Avis B. Christiansen captured this in the second stanza of his poem, "Thou art my victory" when he said, "If He doth dwell within my heart, why need I strength implore? The Giver of all grace is mine. And shall I ask for more? And need I pray for victory, when He Who conquered death, Dwells in my very inmost soul..."

Today's text falls within the teaching of the events of the last days referred to as eschatology. In the book of Revelation itself, two major battles were mentioned, namely the battle of Armageddon and the battle of Gog and Magog. However, in all these battles, Satan and his cohorts were the losers while Jesus Christ and His followers got the victory. Fighting on the Lord's side is not automatic. You must first have heeded His call to salvation which qualifies you to be one of His chosen soldiers and stewards. Your sustenance and ultimate victory in His commission also depends largely on your faithfulness to His command and demand upon your life (Revelation 2:26).

Are you therefore currently undergoing difficult and challenging times? Are you facing what you think is the hottest and most difficult battle of your life ? Please note that Christ never promised a battle free life; but He certainly assured us of ultimate victory at last.

Just a little more prayer, patience, faith, steadfastness and hope, then you will sing the song of victory. Take a step of faith through repentance today to Christ's victorious side if you know you are on the losing side.

*✍THOUGHT FOR THE DAY* Victory is certain for those who fight on the Lord's side.

*COVER TO COVER* PROVERBS 24-26.

*MEDITATION*

Needless battle

1. The passage deals with the Beast (Antichrist) and his Confederate army taking up arms against the Lord of lords and King of kings at the second coming vv12-14.
2. Didn't they know that Jesus is Lord considering the open and majestic way He will enter the universe at His second coming?
3. Why did they waste their energy in a needless fight they are expected to know they will loose? vv12-14.
4. Didn't Satan, their Captain know from experience that nobody fights against the Lord and win?
5. Why was Satan deceptively pushing the Antichrist and his armies to destruction when he knew they will be destroyed by the Lord?
6. Satan will still fight against the Lord and the saints even when he knows he will be a loser.
7. The saints of God must know that they are destined to win and should not give up or be tired in fighting persistently against Satan and his hosts.
*He never lost a battle and he who is in partnership with Him will never loose any if he faints not and fights to the end*

*HYMN* Christ our mighty Captain

1. Christ, our mighty Captain, leads against the foe,
We will never falter, when He bids us go;
Tho' His righteous purpose we may never know,
Yet we'll follow all the way

*Chorus*
Forward! forward! 'tis the Lord's command,
Forward! forward! to the promised land;
Forward! forward! let the chorus ring
We are sure to win with Christ our King

Verse 2
Satan's fearful onslaught cannot make us yield
While we trust in Christ, our Buckler and our Shield
Pressing ever on the Spirit's sword we wield,
And we follow all the way

Chorus
We are sure to win with Christ our King

Verse 3
Let our glorious banner ever be unfurled
From its mighty stronghold evil shall be hurled;
Christ, our mighty Captain, overcomes the world,
And we follow all the way.

Verse 4
Fierce the battle rages, but 'twill not be long,
Then triumphant shall we join the blessed throng,
Joyfully uniting in the victor's song
If we follow all the way

Chorus
We are sure to win with Christ our King.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Praise the Lord that He never lost any battle and that the boasting of the wicked over your life is vain.
2. Ask for the fighting spirit as a soldier for Christ who will never faint until all battles are won.
3. Ask for anointing and faith that are greater than all your life's challenges.
4. Ask for the Spirit of God to raise a mighty and consuming standard against all the foes of evangelism in this nation.
Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 6:23am On Sep 25, 2019
*DAILY MANNA*
*WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 25 2019*

*CONSIDER YOUR END*
*TEXT:* ECCLESIASTES 11:7-10.
_*�KEY VERSE* "Rejoice, O young man, in thy youth; and let thy heart cheer thee in the days of thy youth, and walk in the ways of thine heart, and in the sight of thine eyes: but know thou, that for all these things God will bring thee into judgement" (ECCLESIASTES 11:9)._

Youthful days are quite impressionistic. Youths are witty, adventurous and daring but unfortunately one of the greatest albatross of man is his failure to think or plan for the future. In fact, he who fails to prepare for his future is the greatest fool. A story was told of a king who gave his clown a walking stick in honour of his being the best clown, the greatest fool. This stick was only to be given to a greater fool by the clown. One day, the king was dying and the clown came to visit. He asked the king what preparation he had made for going to heaven and the king answered, "None." He quietly gave his walking stick to the king remarking, "You are the greatest fool."

Many have no doubt lost the thought about the future, living carelessly in the euphoria of present accomplishments and success. They allow themselves to be lost in the tide of the pleasures of life and the deceitfulness of riches. God is not against riches and prosperity, nor is He averse to people living the good life. However, the greatest fool on earth is the one who exalts the gift and forgets the Giver.

God gives life and He gives it more abundantly, but we must be careful not to abuse the use of the things of this world. We must avoid making the pursuit of wealth, fame, influence and power our greatest priority in life. "What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world and loses his soul." Every step and action we take must be in the light of eternity since we must all appear before God, the final Judge.

Those who have lost focus, and already lost in the maze of life, should put "away evil from [their] flesh..." in order not to regret in eternity for the vanities of their "childhood and youth."

*✍THOUGHT FOR THE DAY* Your eternal destiny matters more than your earthly gains.

*COVER TO COVER* PROVERBS 27-29.

*MEDITATION*

Wisdom versus Folly

*1. The natural inclinations of youths*
a. Love for merriment and entertainments v9.
b. Desire to walk according to the dictates of their minds v9.
c. Easily controlled and influenced by peers, celebrities etc without due consideration for morals and eternity v9.
d. Their principle: Go for whatever you count good and beautiful to the eyes vv7,9.
e. Desire or ambition for fame, popularity and prosperity regardless of the will and word of God v9.
*Note* Some adults still have the mindset of unwise youths.
*2. The folly in the mindset of youths*
a. They are often unprepared for the evil days which definitely will come while on earth v8.
b. The possibility of untimely death is not in their finite minds even though they see it happening to others v8.
c. They are often short sighted that they don't consider the eternal implications of their actions v8.
d. Consideration of sure and eternal judgement for their actions does not cross their minds v9.
*3. Wisdom for the youths*
a. Live your life like someone who knows all actions will be subjected to judgements, both in time and eternity v9.
b. Develop a close relationship with God because that alone will see you through inevitable "days of darkness" v8.
c. Engage you time, thoughts and talents on things that will bring rewards, profits and fulfilment in your life and in the future including eternity v10.
d. Live your life like someone who is not the owner of tomorrow and in the light of eternity v8.
e. Always realise that long life, if it is given by God, is nothing compared with life in eternity. So live with eternity in view v8.
e. Ephemeral desires and ambitions, love of pleasures and ease, love of entertainments and unprofitable relationships, etc, which are called vanities, should be set aside v10.
*Q* Why are those things, even though may appear harmless, called vanities?
*Those who indulge in vanities will eventually be treated as vain people by God throughout eternity*

*HYMN* Give of your best to the Master

1. Give of your best to the Master;
Give of the strength of your youth;
Throw your soul’s fresh, glowing ardor
Into the battle for truth.
Jesus has set the example,
Dauntless was He, young and brave;
Give Him your loyal devotion;
Give Him the best that you have.
Give of your best to the Master;
Give of the strength of your youth;
Clad in salvation’s full armor,
Join in the battle for truth.
2. Give of your best to the Master;
Give Him first place in your heart;
Give Him first place in your service;
Consecrate every part.
Give, and to you will be given;
God His beloved Son gave;
Gratefully seeking to serve Him,
3. Give of your best to the Master;
Naught else is worthy His love;
He gave Himself for your ransom,
Gave up His glory above.
Laid down His life without murmur,
You from sin’s ruin to save;
Give Him your heart’s adoration;

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. O Lord, teach me to apply my heart to wisdom and make me truly wise.
2. O Lord, condemn and flush out every form of foolishness from my thoughts, mindset and lifestyle.
3. Lord, I don't want to be treated as a vain person in eternity. Give me wisdom to live with eternity in view.
4. Lord, I pray for our youths not to fall into the snares of disillusioned, damnable and deceptive peers and celebrities posing as successful and civilized.
Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 6:14am On Sep 26, 2019
DAILY MANNA
THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 26, 2019
TOPIC: COMPROMISED FOUNDATION
TEXT: Jeremiah 11:1-14
KEY VERSE:
“They are turned back to the iniquities of their forefathers, which refuse to hear my words; and they went after other gods to serve them: the house of Israel and the house of Judah have broken my covenant which I made with their fathers” - (Jeremiah 11:10).
Foundations are critical to the structural integrity and longevity of any building. A compromised foundation portends grave danger and calamity. “If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do?” (Psalm 11:3). The most critical foundation one should build his life upon is the word of God. Its reliability is sure and it helps the believer to constantly maintain stability in his walk with God.
Our passage reveals the controversy God had with the men of Judah and Jerusalem. This stems from the fact that the children of Judah wanted the fulfilment of God’s promises but lacked the will to do what He commanded them. He instructed the prophet not to pray for them because He would not hear. This is quite similar to the situation in our contemporary society where there is an upsurge of religious activities, prayer houses, proliferation of “so called prophets” dishing out “visions” for the people in the midst of their terrible decadence and moral turpitude. Our society is filled with men and women who speak so much about God, pray so much to God but their hearts are far from Him. God is not interested in sacrifices without obedience.
As parents and leaders, we must strive to show good examples and leave worthy legacies for the younger generations. The undoing of Judah was the compromised foundation of disobedience left by “their forefathers” which they also followed.
The key to revival and positive change in our land therefore is not so much on how frequent we are at praying mountains, visits to prophets or holding of vigils but in simply obeying the word of God.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Obedience brings the blessings.
Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 4:48am On Sep 27, 2019
*DAILY MANNA*
*FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 27 2019*

*THE SEPARATION DAY*
*TEXT:* MATTHEW 13:24-43.
_*�KEY VERSE* "And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth" (MATTHEW 13:42)._

A Nigerian adage states that ,"Everyday is for the thief, but one day for the owner." This is the day for the thief's eventual apprehension to face the wrath of the owner of the stolen articles.

In His response to his disciples' curiosity, Christ delved into a faultless exposition on the composition of the Church compromising the wise and the wicked, with particular reference to the doom, destruction and damnation awaiting recalcitrant sinners and backsliders.

He pointedly and prophetically explained the eternal separation of the righteous from the wicked into heaven and hell respectively at the final judgement day. Burning, wailing, pain and gnashing of teeth await adamant sinners and backsliders, while the righteous shall rejoice and shine forth as the sun in heaven forever.

The vital questions for every soul in the light of this exposition are: are you a good seed or tare? Are you a righteous or wicked member of the church? Christ knows the personality of each member of His Church irrespective of their hypocrisy. As such, in order not to scatter His Church and avoid a mistaken identity of the righteous from the wicked, He will do the separation between them at the consummation of all things on the final judgement day. Therefore, the judgement of God is certain and imminent.

However, the uncertainty of the exact day and time of this great judgement requires an immediate repentance by every sinner and backslider. It also requires the believer's constant watchfulness and prayerfulness. The careless will cry eternally in hell, if he or she misses heaven.

*✍THOUGHT FOR THE DAY* No hideout at final judgement.

*COVER TO COVER* ECCLESIASTES 1-3.

*MEDITATION*

Gems from the parables of the kingdom

*1. The tares and the wheat*
a. Jesus populates His visible Church with saints, washed by His blood v24.
b. Spiritual sleep of the saints opens the door for Satan to corrupt, pollute and initiate the vulnerable saints into evils v25. It also makes it possible for the wicked to infiltrates the Church as agents vv25,26,27. This is one of the potent satanic strategies against the Church v28.
c. Accurate and unmistakeable identification of the true from false saints at times is an impossible task that it is only left for God to do at His own time vv28,30.
*2. The seed and the leaven*
a. A veritable source of Church growth is unsparingly sowing the seed of the word in the hearts of people. It will definitely bring fruits vv31,32. Any medium possible must be used to achieve this goal.
b. There is no church growth without interaction with sinners, though still separated from their evils vv33-35.
*3. Hell: the final eternal abode of the wicked*
a. The abode is horrible - it is a furnace of fire without a cooling system v42.
b. "Wailing and gnashing of teeth" implies it is not annihilation because the occupants will be wailing continually.
c. "Wailing and gnashing of teeth" means the suffering is eternal without end.
d. "Wailing and gnashing of teeth" implies the eternal "tenants" will have bodies, that feel the torment and pains of fire, that never burns up.
e. There is only one job for occupants throughout eternity without ceasing: "wailing and gnashing of teeth"
f. It is a place and point of no return throughout eternity.
g. There will be no consideration for class, calling, colour, cultural background or any such thing.
g. The only qualification for permanent abode in hell is living a life of iniquity (only one sin in a life time is enough) or a life that is offensive to the Holy Spirit v41.

*HYMN* There is a great day coming

1. There's a great day coming,
A great day coming,
There's a great day coming by and by,
When the saints and the sinners shall
be parted right and left,
Are you ready for that day to come?
Are you ready? Are you ready?
Are you ready for the judgment day?
Are you ready? Are you ready?
for the judgment day?
2 There's a bright day coming,
A bright day coming,
There's a bright day coming by and by,
But its brightness shall only come
to them that love the Lord,
Are you ready for that day to come? [Refrain]
3 There's a sad day coming,
A sad day coming,
There's a sad day coming by and by,
When the sinner shall hear His doom,
"Depart, I know ye not!"
Are you ready for that day to come? [Refrain]

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord, awaken your saints to fire and righteous living so that Satan will no more have easy ride in the Church.
2. Lord, descend in the Church with mighty power and start disgracing, judging and punishing those that have sold themselves to Satan as agents in the Church.
3. Lord, do all you can to help me and help me do all I should do so as not to have my final abode in hell.
4. Lord, visit your Church with revival afresh and make it a place where sinners have clear saving encounters with the Lord.
Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 7:11am On Sep 29, 2019
DAILY MANNA

Sunday September 29, 2019

Topic: Power Of His Presence

Text: 1 Chronicles 13:1-14

1. And David consulted with the captains of thousands and hundreds, and with every leader. 

2. And David said unto all the congregation of Israel, If it seem  good unto you, and that it be of the  LORD our God, let us send abroad unto our brethren every where, that are left in all the land of Israel, and with them also to the priests and Levites which are in their cities and  suburbs, that they may gather themselves unto us: 

3. And let us bring again the ark of our God to us: for we enquired not at it in the days of Saul. 

4. And all the congregation said that they would do so: for the thing was right in the eyes of all the people. 

5. So David gathered all Israel together, from Shihor of Egypt even unto the entering of Hemath, to bring the ark of God from Kirjath-jearim. 

6. And David went up, and all Israel, to Baalah, that is, to Kirjath-jearim, which belonged to Judah, to bring up thence the ark of God the LORD, that dwelleth between the cherubim, whose name is called on it. 

7. And they carried the ark of God in a new cart out of the house of Abinadab: and Uzza and Ahio drave the cart. 

8. And David and all Israel played before God with all their might, and with singing, and with harps, and with psalteries, and with timbrels, and with cymbals, and with trumpets.

9. And when they came unto the threshingfloor of Chidon, Uzza put forth his hand to hold the ark; for the oxen stumbled. 

10. And the anger of the LORD was kindled against Uzza, and he smote him, because he put his hand to the ark: and there he died before God. 

11. And David was displeased, because the LORD had made a breach upon Uzza: wherefore that place is called Perez-uzza to this day.

12. And David was afraid of God that day, saying, How shall I bring the ark of God home to me? 

13. So David brought not the ark  home to himself to the city of David, but carried it aside into the house of Obed-edom the Gittite. 

14. And the ark of God remained with the family of Obed-edom in his house three months. And the LORD blessed the house of Obed-edom, and all that he had.

Key Verse: “And let us bring again the ark of our God to us: for we enquired not at it in the days of Saul” (1 Chronicles 13:3).

The pastor of a fast growing local church was downcast by a sudden depletion and consistent nose-diving of the church's numerical strength.

He could not unravel the mystery until God revealed to him that it was the presence and consistent prayer of an aged widow in the local church that orchestrated its consistent fast growth which dipped after her demise.

David knew that the ark of God symbolised His divine presence and power with His people.

Hence, he mobilised the people for a celebrated conveyance of the ark with pomp and pageantry from Kirjathjearim to the city of David.

The ark had a shield and refuge in every generation for the Israelites. They were saved in battles by the ark.

It was a monumental blessing to the house of Obededom and guide to the children of Israel in the wilderness.

Today, Jesus Christ is the ark of God for the penitent sinner and backslider who repent and come to Him.

God's terrible judgment is looming over the world.

Through Christ's sacrifice, death, burial and resurrection, He has made adequate provision for the salvation and safety of every soul from His final judgment.

It is expected of every sinner and backslider who desire the presence, partnership and power of God in their lives to repent now.

Likewise, believers are required to remain steadfast in sanctification and service in God's Vineyard.

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Peril abides for the Ark's despisers.

THE BIBLE IN A YEAR: Ecclesiastes 8-12

MEDITATION

The Ark and its limitation

1. What constitutes the ark? Hebrews 9: 4-5

a. The ark with a golden cover.

b. The golden pot containing the manna.

c. Aaron's rod that budded.

d. The tables of the covenant.

e. Cherubims of glory

f. The mercy seat.

All these are needed for the true presence of God to manifest.

2. What the components of the ark signified

God used visible symbols to illustrate deep spiritual truth in the OT.

a. The gold, a treasured and beautiful metal, signifies a life that is treasured by God. It has to do with "beauty of holiness"

b. The golden pot is a vessel unto honour which signifies sanctified or purified Christians I Thes 4:4, 2 Timothy 2:21.

c. The Manna is the word of God. The word of God must be central in the heart or in an assembly and the bearers (the pot) must be holy.

d. The table of the covenant signifies God's covenant and the terms for its blessings.

e. Aaron's rod that budded signifies the living and life giving power of resurrection.

f. Cherubim of glory signifies angelic ministration. Angels are agents/servants/ministers of the covenant for the saints.

g. The mercy seat signifies the ministry of mercy through the angelic ministry and God's power. It is as a result of fully integrating all the above in the heart and life of a person or an assembly.

3. The implications of the components of the ark

a. If any of the above is relegated to the background in an assembly or by a person, there will be no full presence of God. Any supposedly presence of God without any of the above as central is mere self deception.

b. An illustration is in the text. The acceptance of their worship with the joy of the Lord only lasted for as long as they obeyed the word of God and terms of the covenant to detail. The OT covenant made it clear that only the priests can carry or touch the ark. David chose a wrong set of people, obviously not deliberately. Good intention, great worship and good action could not atone for disobedience through ignorance. The mercy seat lost its potency and significance in the midst of partial obedience.

HYMN: Thy Word is a Lamp to my Feet

1. Thy Word is a lamp to my feet,
A light to my path alway,
To guide and to save me from sin,
And show me the heav'nly way.

Chorus:
Thy Word have I hid in my heart
That I might not sin against thee;
That I might not sin, that I might not sin,
Thy word have I hid in my heart.

2. Forever, O Lord, is thy Word
Established and fixed on high;
Thy faithfulness unto all men
Abideth for ever nigh.

3. At morning, at noon, and at night
I ever will give thee praise;
For thou art my portion, O Lord,
And shall be through all my days!

4. Through him whom thy Word hath foretold,
The Saviour and Morning Star,
Salvation and peace have been brought
To those who have strayed afar.

PRAYER POINTS

1. Lord, make me a vessel unto honour.

2. Lord, convict me of any spots in my life that you hate and help me to repent totally and change.

3. Lord, reveal more of your presence, power and angelic ministry in my life.

4. Lord, remove all things that are threatening your full presence, power and angelic ministry from all membership of the church.
Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 5:55am On Sep 30, 2019
*DAILY MANNA*
*MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 30 2019*

*STRENGTH IN TENDERNESS*
*TEXT:* MARK 11:27-33.
_*�KEY VERSE* "The baptism of John, was it from heaven, or of men? answer me" (MARK 11:30)._

Often, we think of strength as the opposite of gentleness, softness and tenderness, which may not always be true. This is reinforced by an amazing discovery by the British fighter pilots during the First World War. They found out that thick layers of silk stopped low velocity shrapnel better than steel. With this the discovery, they wound the silk around their heads and then wore leather horse riding helmets on top of the silk. Even though scientists are grappling with this discovery, they are not in doubt that sometimes soft, gentle, tender silk can prove far stronger than cold hard steel. Likewise, Jesus taught us the same principle in relationship. He showed us that gentleness, a heart that is soft toward others and tenderness, are in fact qualities of great strength. The Pharisees came to ask Him a question but not with sincerity because they only wanted to trap Him. Rather than succeed, Christ responded with a counter-question about John the Baptist which revealed their true motives and became a dilemma for these fake enquirers. If Jesus said His authority was from God, they would accuse Him of blasphemy. If He said His authority was His own, they would overrule Him and dismiss Him as a fanatic. But through a soft answer and display of great depth of wisdom and fearless response, He silenced the Pharisees who were not really interested in the truth. By this, they rendered themselves neither fit for the kingdom of God nor for its blessings.

It is important to examine our motives whenever we come to God to seek for counsel or ask questions so that rather than receiving God's blessings, we don't shut the door of blessings against ourselves. Believers should also realise that we shall achieve more for God and His Kingdom by being wise as a serpent and harmless as a dove.

*✍THOUGHT FOR THE DAY* The heart, like a door, either opens us for God's best or shuts us out of it.

*COVER TO COVER* SONG 1-4.

*MEDITATION*

Wisdom in dealing with "fools" Proverbs 26:4,5.

1. A fool, in this context, is the person who is not interested in knowing the truth but delights in arguments against the truth.
2. The religious leaders knew that Jesus came from God but only did not want to accept it. The wise men from the East were at Jerusalem to confirm the Messiah was born, His birth was heralded by angels and shepherds, Luke 2:8,9; the holy sage Simeon testified and prophesized about it in the temple, Luke 2:25-27; the pious Anna did the same Luke 2:36-38. Furthermore, John the Baptist, the greatest of all the prophets, confirmed it. So questioning Jesus about His authority was not an attempt to know the truth but to argue against the truth.
3. When someone is engaging you in an argument about the faith, ascertain first if he wants to know the truth or he is just interested in winning an argument.
4. If he is interested in knowing the truth, you have an obligation to answer with meekness and wisdom I Peter 3:15.
5. If he is just interested in winning an argument, don't get into an argument with him or else you be like him Proverbs 26:4. This is what Jesus did.
6. However, you don't get angry with him or embarrass him. You only need wisdom to handle him so that he will see his folly more clearly. This is what Jesus did. Proverbs 26:5.
7. You must learn to totally avoid such people if you observe they appear more knowledgeable though not in the truth. This was the greatest mistake of Eve while conversing with Satan. I Timothy 6:5.

*HYMN* More like the Master

1 More like the Master I would ever be,
More of His meekness, more humility;
More zeal to labor, more courage to be true,
More consecration for work He bids me do.
Chorus:
Take Thou my heart, I would be Thine alone;
Take Thou my heart and make it all Thine own.
Purge me from sin, O Lord, I now implore,
Wash me and keep me Thine forevermore.
2 More like the Master is my daily prayer;
More strength to carry crosses I must bear;
More earnest effort to bring His kingdom in,
More of His Spirit, the wanderer to win. (Chorus)
3 More like the Master I would live and grow;
More of His love to others I would show;
More self-denial, like His in Galilee,
More like the Master I long to ever be. (Chorus).

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Pray for knowledge and understanding to know how to satisfactory answer those who wants to know the truth.
2. Pray for wisdom to identify and answer the foolish "argumentator" who are only interested in winning an argument.
3. Lord, help me not to foolish with the use of my mouth so as not to fall into the snare of adversaries.
4. Lord, in this age of increased skepticism against the truth, equip your children with conviction and wisdom to tackle the canker.
Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 7:50am On Oct 01, 2019
*DAILY MANNA*
*TUESDAY, OCTOBER 1 2019*

*GODLINESS BEGETS A JUST SOCIETY*
*TEXT:* EXODUS 21:26-36.
_*�KEY VERSE* "But if the ox were wont to push with his horn in time past, and it hath been testified to his owner, and he hath not kept him in, but he that killed a man or a woman; the ox shall be stoned, and his owner also shall be put to death" (EXODUS 21:29)._

In the Christianity Today magazine of Oct 4, 1999 was a graphical illustration of the maxim that all that is needed for evil to succeed is for good people to do nothing; but when good people speak up, evil can be defeated. During the dark days of the Second World War, Bulgaria signed a pact with Germany to send some Jews to Germany's concentration camps. It was at this point that Metropolitan Stefan, head of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church, stood up against this injustice. He convened a meeting of his church's synod which unanimously condemned the order. Before a large crowd, Stefan strongly condemned the persecution of the Jews. So, because of this open denunciation, the Jews remained in Bulgaria. Lives were saved, all because people of good conscience refused to be silent in the face of evil.

Today's passage advocates a fair and just society which is guided by the rule of law. Everyone is equal before the law and all forms of injustice receive appropriate compensation. Meanwhile, evil and oppression thrive in an unjust society where people in power or who are in control treat those who have no power unfairly and deprive them of basic rights or liberties. Our Society needs complete rebirth through repentance and faith in Christ for justice, equity and fairness to be enthroned.

Ensuring a just society begins with being just and fair ourselves. As Christians, we must treat everyone fairly, no matter who they are and their status in the society. We must also take all necessary precautions to ensure that we respect and preserve the sanctity of life, and others must not get hurt from negligence and carelessness.

*✍THOUGHT FOR THE DAY* A just society is a product of godly fear and true righteousness.

*COVER TO COVER* SONG 5-8.

*MEDITATION*

Some principles of natural justice for natural people

1. There should be lifetime compensation for lifetime injury while in active duty vv26,27.
2. The owner of a property cannot be convicted if his property or possession caused an injury/damage for which he is not responsible either directly or indirectly v28.
3. However, if his deliberate negligence is a cause, there shall be commiserate punishment for the damage suffered eg capital punishment for loss of human life v29, 31,33,34, 36.
4. However some capital punishment may be commuted at the discretion of the Judge vv29,30.
5. There should be commensurate compensation for any hurt done by someone's property against the son, daughter or servant of another person vv30-32.
*Observations*
1. The passage shows that God is a God of justice.
2. The offended were not to carry out jungle justice but allow the Judges of those days to handle them.
3. There was no provision for mercy in the law. You must pay and accept the price of justice.
4. Likewise, the sinner must pay the price of his sins which is capital punishment in hell. Jesus decided to pay the price of justice. His death satisfies the demand of justice and a sinner can now receive forgiveness free of charge on the condition he surrender his life to the Saviour.
5. Sinners has no other ground of appeal or receiving forgiveness except they accept the price Jesus paid for them.

*HYMN* Just as I am without one plea

1. Just as I am, without one plea,
But that Thy blood was shed for me,
And that Thou bid’st me come to Thee,
O Lamb of God, I come! I come!
Just as I am, and waiting not
To rid my soul of one dark blot;
To Thee whose blood can cleanse each spot,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come!
Just as I am, though tossed about
With many a conflict, many a doubt;
Fightings within, and fears without,
Just as I am, poor, wretched, blind;
Sight, riches, healing of the mind;
Yes, all I need, in Thee to find,
Just as I am, Thou wilt receive,
Wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve;
Because Thy promise I believe,
Just as I am, Thy love unknown
Has broken every barrier down;
Now, to be Thine, yea, Thine alone,

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Praise God because He is a God of Justice and for the sacrifice of Jesus for sins that makes forgiveness possible.
2. Pray for our Judges in the nation that they will be ruled by truth and the fear of God.
3. Pray that the rule of law and justice will reign in this nation.
4. Pray for the Church that the compromise, partiality and injustice of the world will not have a place among God's children.
Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 4:56am On Oct 02, 2019
*DAILY MANNA*
*WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 2 2019*

*INTER-GENERATIONAL FAITH TRANSFER*
*TEXT:* PSALM 78:1-8.
_*�KEY VERSE* "That the generation to come might know them, even the children which should be born; who should arise and declare them to their children" (PSALM 78:6)._

The report in Thomas Cahill on how the Irish Saved Civilization was circulated in 1995. It describes how at the turn of the 5th century, a 16 year-old boy named Patrick was taken in one of the raids of the British coasts following the crumbling of the Roman powers. Stripped from the comforts of his home life and a future which would have included a classical education and career, Patrick was made the slave of an Irish chieftain and assigned the role of shepherd. These harsh conditions however, drove the young man to God. His grandfather had been a Christian priest and Patrick turned to his family's faith. He spent his bitter days in constant prayers. As he did, a deep love of God and the profound sense of God's Spirit at work grew within him. He emerged some time later an ordained priest and bishop, and became the first known missionary to Ireland.

Passing our faith to our children and other generations must be through a deliberate effort. This will involve constant teachings, practical examples and demonstrations, involvement of the children, provision of enabling environment and materials among others. We must realise that except we consciously and intentionally make effort to pass on our faith to oncoming generations, they may completely become lost.

Exposing children early to the Christian faith will produce an inter-generational faith transfer. Although we may not immediately see the expected results in children, we must continue to sow in hope (Psalm 126:5,6). A responsive guidance of children in godliness will result in the preservation of a godly future generation which will halt the rise of a godless generation.

*✍THOUGHT FOR THE DAY* Raising up godly generations is like planting a seed to preserve posterity.

*COVER TO COVER* HEBREWS 1-4.

*MEDITATION*

Deliberately passing the torch

*1. Why passing the torch*
a. It is commanded v5.
b. That is the hope of the survival of the Christian faith from generation to generation v3.
c. There are nations that were once Christian that are now overtaken by other religions. Examples: Turkey and Alexandria, a city in Egypt.
d. The knowledge of the Christian faith today is a product of what the former generations passed on to us.
e. The future generations will only live on what is bequeathed to them by the present generation v6.
f. For the new generation not to be deceived, derailed and distracted from the true God v7.
g. The present age of skepticism and rationalism has already started taking its toll on the Christian faith. Think of Christianity in the western nations at present.
*2. What to jealously preserve and pass on*
a. The Bible and contemporary praise worthy acts of God v4.
b. God's power and the wonderful works He did in our time v4.
c. His full orbed doctrines and old time Christian standards of living v5.
d. What other things must we preserve in the Christian faith or in your Church?
*3. Ways of preservation*
a. Unceasing verbal communication vv2,3.
b. Using all forms of print and online media platforms to communicate the faith vv4,6.
c. Deliberately penetrating and interjecting different worldly systems with the truth regardless of oppositions.
d. Intellectually and diligently intercepting and refuting "every wind of doctrines" against the christian faith using any media available.
e. Spend time to study and have strong conviction on what you believe and learn how to apologetically confront skeptics convincingly.
f. "Catch them young" by using all forms of modern teaching media and techniques to indoctrinate the children and intellectually educate the older children on the Christian faith.
g. Living the exemplary life of true piety and Christian perfection. The observed quality of piety of the older generation always lingers and have a strong influence on the younger generations. v8.
h. Which other ways can we preserve the truth for the future generation?
*Q* What efforts are you and your church making to preserve and pass on the torch of the old time religion?

*HYMN* Faith of our fathers

Faith of our fathers, living still
In spite of dungeon, fire and sword,
O how our hearts beat high with joy
Whene’er we hear that glorious word!
Faith of our fathers! holy faith!
We will be true to thee till death!
Our fathers, chained in prisons dark,
Were still in heart and conscience free;
And blest would be their children’s fate,
If they, like them should die for thee:
Faith of our fathers, we will love
Both friend and foe in all our strife,
And preach thee, too, as love knows how
By kindly words and virtuous life.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord, teach me what to do in order to play my part in preserving the truth for my younger generation.
2. Lord, I hereby receive the zeal and commitment towards passing on the faith to the present and future generations.
3. Lord, give me the grace to live the life that will be a reference point and epistle to this watching generation.
4. Lord, I pray that Your word will grow and prevail in the life of people in this my generation over every errors, religions and latter day deceptions.
Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 6:18am On Oct 03, 2019
*DAILY MANNA*
*THURSDAY, OCTOBER 3 2019*

*THE GREATEST TREASURE*
*TEXT:* MATTHEW 13:44-52.
_*�KEY VERSE* "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hidden in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hides, and for joy thereof goes and sells all that he hath, and buys that field" (MATTHEW 13:44)._

Until the Gold Rush in the early nineteenth century, Americans lived in a largely rural society. The American dream at that time was the chance to live free. But in 1848, a fellow named James Marshall discovered gold at Sutter's Mill, in present-day Coloma, California near Sacramento. His lips weren't sealed, so the secret got out. With the help of a boisterous and growing media crew, newspapers advertised the country's newfound gold craze. This brought a mad rush of hundreds and thousands of fortune-seekers who came to prospect in the foothills. This is what came to be known as the California Gold Rush.

The passage under consideration today formed part of a body of teachings about the kingdom of heaven presented in parables by Jesus our Lord. The emphasis is about the value placed on the treasure hidden in the field, the pearl of great value and the removal of irrelevant things out of our lives to retain only the things of eternal relevance.

Like the Gold Rush, each of us has to seek out the treasure of salvation which we must cherish above all other earthly possessions. The next is about selling everything; which implies willingness to surrender and invest our all in Christ so that what is despised by the the world, is of great value to us. It is also about sitting down to deal severely with the idols of our lives; things we are so attached to that could hinder our concentration on the wonderful things Christ has to offer us.

We are faced with the problem of choice every day. But when we put every need on a scale of preference, our desire for heaven and the great treasure of eternal life should be on top of the list.

*✍THOUGHT FOR THE DAY* The value you place in a thing determines the sacrifice for it.

*COVER TO COVER* HEBREWS 4-9.

*MEDITATION*

The wisest singular investment

*1. Investing in things of eternal value* vv44-46.
a. Giving up your limited resources in exchange for unlimited resources is wisdom.
b. Giving up things of temporal value in exchange for things of eternal value is difficult but wise.
c. Giving up earthly treasures, when required, in exchange for spiritual treasures and gifts is wisdom.
d. Note that the man, sold all he had for both land and the verified precious treasures in the land, both of which have increasing value over time and will eventually generate far more than what he gave up. So is the kingdom of heaven.
e. Willingness to give up anything required by the Lord for the sake of winning Christ will result into eternal bliss and benefits and at the same time bring the earthly gain that is far beyond the sacrifice.
f. It is folly, self and satanic deception to withhold or be hesitant in giving up any thing that the Lord requires from you in order to win Christ and heaven.
g. Want to experience genuine salvation and forgiveness of sins? Want to enjoy all the blessings, both earthly and eternal, that Christ purchased with His blood? You must be willing to give up *any* relationship, possessions, ambition, pride, ideology, time, etc that may be required by Christ.
*2. Final result of all decisions and indecisions* vv47-50.
a. There will be eternal separation between "almost persuaded" and totally surrendered.
b. There will be final separation between the wise investors and foolish shortsighted investors.
c. There will be total eternal separation between those whose decisions are informed by eternal rewards and those thinking of only earthly profits.
*Q* Where do you belong?

*HYMN* All to Jesus I surrender

1. All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
In His presence daily live.
*Chorus*
I surrender all,
I surrender all.
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.
All to Jesus I surrender,
Humbly at His feet I bow,
Worldly pleasures all forsaken;
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
Make me, Savior, wholly Thine;
Let me feel Thy Holy Spirit,
Truly know that Thou art mine.
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
Now I feel the sacred flame.
Oh, the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory to His name.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord, I hereby ask for wisdom that will help me to be making decisions with eternity in view.
2. Lord, I ask for grace to willingly give up anything that the word of God may demand from me no matter how precious.
3. Lord, let your mercy work in me, favour me and put me among the eternally wise.
4. Pray for the "almost decided" in the church that they will receive grace and understanding to be making wise decisions.
Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 6:12am On Oct 04, 2019
*DAILY MANNA*
*FRIDAY, OCTOBER 4 2019*

*UNCONTROLLED SPEECH*
*TEXT:* NUMBERS 12:9-16.
_*�KEY VERSE* "The cloud departed from off the tabernacle; and, behold, Miriam became leprous, white as snow: and Aaron looked upon Miriam, and, behold, she was leprous" (NUMBERS 12:10)._

"The boneless tongue, so small and weak, can crush and kill," declares the Greek. "The tongue can speak a word whose speed," say the Chinese, "outstrips the steed." While Arab sages said, "The tongue's great storehouse is the heart." The sacred writer crowns the whole: "Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles" (Proverbs 21:23).

From the passage under consideration, Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses over the issue of his marrying a Cushite or an Ethiopian woman. The Lord summoned the three siblings to the Tabernacle immediately. After a sharp rebuke, God's judgement fell upon Miriam for her disrespect for Moses. She became leprous, while Aaron was reprimanded but appeared to have escaped unpunished. Miriam looked like the ring leader and the originator of the complaint.

Some people might feel Miriam's punishment here was severe, compared to her offence. But God who knows the thoughts of men, knew how she deserved to be punished. Miriam, the eldest of the three was used to save Moses when he was but a child at River Nile. She is called a prophetess in Exodus 15:20. That may have made her think she was at the same level with Moses. But in God's dealings with man, age does not count. Besides, their complaint was tainted with racism against Moses' wife. Her punishment was just and well deserved.

Making unwise comments about servants of God can incur His wrath and bring about unknown curses to one's life. We must not join so-called believers who go on the social media to denigrate their leaders. We must treat God's faithful servants with respect.

*✍THOUGHT FOR THE DAY* The tongue is the ambassador of the heart.

*COVER TO COVER* HEBREWS 10-13.

*MEDITATION*

How "small" is the sin of murmuring?

1. It attracted the anger of God v9.
2. It brought a contagious and shameful disease, which only God could cure on Miriam, the woman leader and prophetess v10,12.
3. The High priest lost his priestly ministry and anointing for some time v11,12.
4. Miriam was shamefully shut out of fellowship on the sick bed for seven days v14.
5. The onward journey of the whole Israelites was stopped for 7 days because a leader's sin is the people's sin v15.
*Q* Why did the whole congregation have to partake of the punishment for the sins of Aaron and Miriam?
Do not hide the sins of the leaders, expose them, because when the judgement comes, others (including you) may partake of it.
*Note* No sin is small before God because no sin can stand alone.
*Q* What are the other sins associated with the sin of murmuring of these leaders? Envy, pride, lack of brotherly love for Moses, prayerless disposition towards Moses, critical spirit, baseless judgemental spirit etc.
*Q* Any gain for their sin of murmuring? Sin is deceptive, nothing good comes out of it in the final analysis.

*HYMN* Wash me O Lamb of God

1 Wash me, O Lamb of God,
Wash me from sin;
By Thine atoning blood,
Oh, make me clean;
Purge me from ev’ry stain,
Let me Thine image gain,
In love and mercy reign
O’er all within.
2 Wash me, O Lamb of God,
Wash me from sin;
I long to be like Thee,
All pure within;
Now let the crimson tide,
Shed from Thy wounded side,
Be to my heart applied,
And make me clean.
3 Wash me, O Lamb of God,
Wash me from sin;
I will not, cannot rest
Till pure within;
All human skill is vain,
But Thou canst cleanse each stain
Till not a spot remain,
Made wholly clean.
4 Wash me, O Lamb of God,
Wash me from sin;
By faith Thy cleansing blood
Now makes me clean;
So near Thou art to me,
So sweet my rest in Thee,
Oh, blessed purity!
Saved, saved from sin.
5 Wash me, O Lamb of God,
Wash me from sin;
Thou, while I trust in Thee,
Wilt keep me clean;
Each day to Thee I bring
Heart, life, yea, ev’rything;
Saved while to Thee I cling,
Saved from all sin.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord, have mercy on me, my family and the Church for all our sins that we thought were not serious.
2. Oh Lord, let your mercy and the blood of Jesus wipe off any consequence of the sins of my pastors over my life and destiny.
3. Lord, do a deeper work of holiness in my life.
4. Lord of mercy, let the sins of unrepentant leaders in my church be exposed and judged.*DAILY MANNA*
*FRIDAY, OCTOBER 4 2019*

*UNCONTROLLED SPEECH*
_*�KEY VERSE* "The cloud departed from off the tabernacle; and, behold, Miriam became leprous, white as snow: and Aaron looked upon Miriam, and, behold, she was leprous" (NUMBERS 12:10)._

"The boneless tongue, so small and weak, can crush and kill," declares the Greek. "The tongue can speak a word whose speed," say the Chinese, "outstrips the steed." While Arab sages said, "The tongue's great storehouse is the heart." The sacred writer crowns the whole: "Whoso keepeth his mouth and his tongue keepeth his soul from troubles" (Proverbs 21:23).

From the passage under consideration, Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses over the issue of his marrying a Cushite or an Ethiopian woman. The Lord summoned the three siblings to the Tabernacle immediately. After a sharp rebuke, God's judgement fell upon Miriam for her disrespect for Moses. She became leprous, while Aaron was reprimanded but appeared to have escaped unpunished. Miriam looked like the ring leader and the originator of the complaint.

Some people might feel Miriam's punishment here was severe, compared to her offence. But God who knows the thoughts of men, knew how she deserved to be punished. Miriam, the eldest of the three was used to save Moses when he was but a child at River Nile. She is called a prophetess in Exodus 15:20. That may have made her think she was at the same level with Moses. But in God's dealings with man, age does not count. Besides, their complaint was tainted with racism against Moses' wife. Her punishment was just and well deserved.

Making unwise comments about servants of God can incur His wrath and bring about unknown curses to one's life. We must not join so-called believers who go on the social media to denigrate their leaders. We must treat God's faithful servants with respect.

*MEDITATION*

2. It brought a contagious and shameful disease, which only God could cure on Miriam, the woman leader and prophetess v10,12.
3. The High priest lost his priestly ministry and anointing for some time v11,12.
4. Miriam was shamefully shut out of fellowship on the sick bed for seven days v14.
5. The onward journey of the whole Israelites was stopped for 7 days because a leader's sin is the people's sin v15.
*Q* Why did the whole congregation have to partake of the punishment for the sins of Aaron and Miriam?
Do not hide the sins of the leaders, expose them, because when the judgement comes, others (including you) may partake of it.
*Q* What are the other sins associated with the sin of murmuring of these leaders? Envy, pride, lack of brotherly love for Moses, prayerless disposition towards Moses, critical spirit, baseless judgemental spirit etc.
*Q* Any gain for their sin of murmuring? Sin is deceptive, nothing good comes out of it in the final analysis.

Wash me from sin;
By Thine atoning blood,
Oh, make me clean;
Let me Thine image gain,
In love and mercy reign
O’er all within.
Wash me from sin;
I long to be like Thee,
All pure within;
Be to my heart applied,
And make me clean.
Wash me from sin;
I will not, cannot rest
Till pure within;
All human skill is vain,
Till not a spot remain,
Made wholly clean.
Wash me from sin;
Now makes me clean;
So near Thou art to me,
Oh, blessed purity!
Saved, saved from sin.
Wash me from sin;
Wilt keep me clean;
Each day to Thee I bring
Saved from all sin.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord, have mercy on me, my family and the Church for all our sins that we thought were not serious.
2. Oh Lord, let your mercy and the blood of Jesus wipe off any consequence of the sins of my pastors over my life and destiny.
4. Lord of mercy, let the sins of unrepentant leaders in my church be exposed and judged.
*DAILY MANNA*
*FRIDAY, OCTOBER 4 2019*

*UNCONTROLLED SPEECH*

*MEDITATION*

Wash me from sin;
By Thine atoning blood,
Oh, make me clean;
Let me Thine image gain,
In love and mercy reign
O’er all within.
Wash me from sin;
I long to be like Thee,
All pure within;
Be to my heart applied,
And make me clean.
Wash me from sin;
I will not, cannot rest
Till pure within;
All human skill is vain,
Till not a spot remain,
Made wholly clean.
Wash me from sin;
Now makes me clean;
So near Thou art to me,
Oh, blessed purity!
Saved, saved from sin.
Wash me from sin;
Wilt keep me clean;
Each day to Thee I bring
Saved from all sin.

*PRAYER POINTS*
4. Lord of mercy, let the sins of unrepentant leaders in my church be exposed and judged.
Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 8:38am On Oct 05, 2019
*DAILY MANNA*
*SATURDAY, OCTOBER 5 2019*

*NEVER SAY "NEVER"*
*TEXT:* ISAIAH 19:20-25.
_*�KEY VERSE* "And the LORD shall be known to Egypt, and the Egyptians shall know the LORD in that day, and shall do sacrifice and oblation; yea, they shall vow a vow unto the LORD, and perform it" (ISAIAH 19:21)._

Johnny Lee Clary of Oklahoma, United States, was raised in a racist home where his father encouraged hatred towards black people and other minorities. At the age of 14, he became involved in gangs and eventually joined a notorious hate group. He was responsible for inciting audacious activities like beating people up, burning crosses outside people's homes, and eventually burning a black church. Later in his life, Johnny felt compelled to give his life to Christ on reading Luke 15. After receiving Christ, he grew to have love for people regardless of their race. Soon after his repentance, he became a Pentecostal evangelist and the first elder in a predominantly African-American church. He escaped the judgement of God by turning to Him.

In chapter 19 of Isaiah, the prophecy came from the Lord concerning divine judgement and punishment of the Egyptians, their gods, diviners, charmers, wizards and those that had familiar spirits. In God's timing, the spirit of Egypt will fail and they will do what they never thought an option in their lives - turn to the Lord God for help. Egypt will have no choice but to return to the God of the Hebrews the once enslaved for hundreds of years and offer sacrifices to Him for their cleansing, and perform their vows.

Egypt, before now, had been a very arrogant nation. Boasting of their prosperity through the fat harvests from the rich Nile basin, they became proud. They trusted in their many gods whom they credited with their successes. But when the judgement of God fell, they became vulnerable and miserable.

Hardened sinners can repent and turn around and become humble and begin to seek the same God they had previously despised. Those who despise God today, can be preachers tomorrow.

*✍THOUGHT FOR THE DAY* Those who fight against God today will preach for Him tomorrow.

*COVER TO COVER* JAMES 1-5.

*MEDITATION*

Don't write any wicked person off

1. Egypt was a wicked oppressor of the godly Israel, and had sworn to destroy rather than free Israel.
2. God allowed Israel to pass through a process of oppression which eventually led her to cry for a saviour v20.
*God knows the kind of tough times that will bend the wicked if we can pray for their salvation* vv20-22.
3. A gentile and wicked nation that could easily be cursed and written off eventually had a turn around and became a joint heir with the covenanted Israel vv23-25.
4. God created all people, and He does not want any wicked to be lost eternally in hell 2 Peter 3:9. He wants them to receive the forgiveness of sins, just as you received yours.
5. In all your actions and reactions to the wicked, let their salvation be your first consideration. You will be pleasing to God and abidibg in His perfect by so doing.

*HYMN* The ninety and nine

1. There were ninety and nine that safely lay
In the shelter of the fold;
But one was out on the hills away,
Far off from the gates of gold.
Away on the mountains wild and bare;
Away from the tender Shepherd’s care.

2. “Lord, Thou hast here Thy ninety and nine;
Are they not enough for Thee?”
But the Shepherd made answer: “This of Mine
Has wandered away from Me.
And although the road be rough and steep,
I go to the desert to find My sheep.”

3. But none of the ransomed ever knew
How deep were the waters crossed;
Nor how dark was the night the Lord passed through
Ere He found His sheep that was lost.
Out in the desert He heard its cry;
’Twas sick and helpless and ready to die.

4. “Lord, whence are those blood-drops all the way,
That mark out the mountain’s track?”
“They were shed for one who had gone astray
Ere the Shepherd could bring him back.”
“Lord, whence are Thy hands so rent and torn?”
“They’re pierced tonight by many a thorn.”

5. And all through the mountains, thunder-riv’n,
And up from the rocky steep,
There arose a glad cry to the gate of heav’n,
“Rejoice! I have found My sheep!”
And the angels echoed around the throne,
“Rejoice, for the Lord brings back His own!”

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Ask for Christ's love so that you will not be revengeful against your perceived sworn adversary.
2. Ask for the mind of Christ that will place the salvation of sinners/wicked top priority against all considerations.
3. Pray earnestly for the salvation of an avowed adversary that you perceived.
4. Pray for revival to the old time religion where we love and bless enemies rather than curse or wish them evil.

1 Like

Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 5:52am On Oct 07, 2019
*DAILY MANNA*
*MONDAY, OCTOBER 7 2019*

*RELIGIOUS HYPOCRITES*
*TEXT:* JEREMIAH 11:15-23.
_*�KEY VERSE* "What hath my beloved to do in mine house, seeing she hath wrought lewdness with many, and the holy flesh is passed from thee? When thou doest evil, then thou rejoices" (JEREMIAH 11:15)._

When an English robber called Captain Thunderbolt escaped the law and moved to the eastern US in 1818, he began practicing medicine. He took on the name Dr. John Wilson. Often, he wore three suits of clothes to escape recognition by making himself look larger and covering up a deformed leg. Just before the man died, he asked his friends to bury him without removing his clothes, his wish was not granted. The mortician was surprised to find scars from wounds and a withered leg. A search of "Dr. Wilson's" house revealed a stash of watches, jewelry, and diamonds. The sheriff learned that the doctor was in fact Thunderbolt, a thief in disguise.

The children of Israel, their priests and leaders continued in their acts of treachery while still offering sacrifices in the temple. They lost their favour with God through their backsliding and pretence. The Lord promised to destroy them as well as the inhabitants of the priest's city for planning to kill Jeremiah, the prophet, who spoke against their idolatry. They were like a wife that had become a prostitute without any shame.

God would rather deal with raw sinners who understand their situation and are willing to repent, than those religious hypocrites, who sing to Him while hiding their iniquities.

Religious sinners are very difficult to bring around because of your self-righteousness and the assurances they receive from their pastors who, perhaps do not know their real lives. They are blinded by their religious observances and ceremonies, thinking these are enough to take them to heaven. Though their children and relatives may hire many priests and clergymen to officiate at their funerals, they will be doomed at last because of their sinful practices.

*✍THOUGHT FOR THE DAY* Hypocrites are acting their way to hell if they do not repent.

*COVER TO COVER* ISAIAH 5-8.

*MEDITATION*

What happens when repentance is replaced with praise worship?

*1. The common practice of sinning "saints"*
a. They were saints hence called beloved by God v15.
b. They were once favoured with grace and blessings v16.
*But*
a. They indulged in evil and vile actions and yet were given to joyful praise worship v15.
d. They added strange and worldly practices to their worship of God v17b.
e. They secretly have hatred and bias against preachers who condemn their worldly practices v19.
f. They secretly plot against and threaten holiness preachers in order to silence them vv19, 21.
g. They prefer prophecies/Prophets that will make them happy rather than prophecies/Prophets that will rebuke them of their sins v21.
*Check your heart to make sure you are not a sinning "saint".*
*2. Consequences of hypocritical worship and religiosity as replacement for repentance*
a. Loss of grace, goodly fruits of blessings and godliness v16. "The glory departed".
b. Spiritual poverty and dryness instead of spiritual wealth and riches v16.
c. Untimely deaths of their young ones, both physical and spiritual v22. A life of defeats.
d. Natural and spiritual famines v22. Their children and younger generation could not have grace to live graciously.

*HYMN* Have you been to Jesus
Have you been to Jesus for the cleansing pow’r?
Are you washed in the blood of the Lamb?
Are you fully trusting in His grace this hour?
*Chorus*
Are you washed in the blood,
In the soul-cleansing blood of the Lamb?
Are your garments spotless? Are they white as snow?
Are you walking daily by the Savior’s side?
Do you rest each moment in the Crucified?
When the Bridegroom cometh will your robes be white!
Will your soul be ready for His presence bright,
And be washed in the blood of the Lamb?
Lay aside the garments that are stained with sin,
And be washed in the blood of the Lamb;
There’s a fountain flowing for the soul unclean,
O be washed in the blood of the Lamb.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Repent of your sins, plead for God's forgiveness and mercy if you have been using religiosity and worship to cover your secret sins. Promise God never to go back to those sins.
2. Ask God to give you freshness of grace and power to remain beloved in His sight.
3. Ask God to convict and purge you of every form of hypocrisies.
4. Pray for the Church of Christ in the nation to learn to emphasis holiness as a nonnegotiable irreplaceable element of true worship.
Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 6:11am On Oct 08, 2019
*DAILY MANNA*
*TUESDAY, OCTOBER 8 2019*

*DANGERS OF SELF*
*TEXT:* NUMBERS 13:1-16.
_*�KEY VERSE* "Send thou men, that they may search the land of Canaan, which I give unto the children of Israel: of every tribe of their fathers shall ye send a man, every one a ruler among them" (NUMBERS 13:2)._

In this age, "self" is revealed in phrases that glorify personal choice above all other values: self-determination, self-knowledge, self-esteem, self-help, even do-it-yourself. In this climate, no doctrine is safe, no dictate accepted without scrutiny. The touchstone of belief today is the individual, not the institution. The same voters who talk back to their political leaders on call-in shows and town meetings are talking back to their church leaders at parish council meetings and outreach events.

The children of Israel were now in the wilderness of Paran, just on the threshold of the Promised Land. If things had gone according to plan, they would have started occupying the land of their dream within days or weeks. The people actually demanded Moses to send spies to spy out the land for the purpose of knowing what way to go (Deuteronomy 1:22). Moses then accepted their request after obtaining approval from God. Everything went well, until the spies returned with an evil, exaggerated report that brought a serious setback to Israel's journey of faith.

We fail at the point of success when we stop working by faith. The Christian race is a journey of faith; once we start allowing our will to override God's purpose, everything will begin to collapse. If only these spies had stayed within their mandate without making a recommendation tainted with self and unbelief, Israel would have made it. For us to get to our own Promised Land, we must stay within God's plan and deal with the problem of self.

*✍THOUGHT FOR THE DAY* Self is a forerunner of sin.

*COVER TO COVER* ISAIAH 9-12.

*MEDITATION*

A reasonable but unrighteous decision

*1. Reason for desiring to search the land*
a. To know the way they must go v22.
b. To know which cities they shall come v22.
*2. Why it is spiritually unreasonable*
a. Right from Egypt the decision as to which way to go was dictated by God through the pillar of cloud and fire. Their path was a thick wilderness "where no man ever passed through".
b. They had no cause to regret God's guidance at any time because all their needs were met supernaturally and protection was perfect.
c. The decision to search the land was initiated by the elders and neither God nor Moses - a manifestation pride, self will and self management Deuteronomy 1:22,23.
d. Moses was carried away by their logic to the point that God had no choice but to give in to their desire - an example of permissive will even though God knew the danger of taking such an action vv1-3.
*3. The result of permissive and self will*
a. It resulted in unbelief, fear of the enemy which led to a rebellion against God.
b. The judgement: all of them perished in the wilderness except those below 20 years of age with Caleb and Joshua.
c. They could neither see nor enter the Canaan land.
d. A maximum of 2 year Journey turned to 40 years.
e. All because of elevating reason and common sense above the will of God.
*Self management and permissive will remove God from the throne and enthrone common sense and human reasoning as God*.

*HYMN* Wherever He leads I'll go

1. Take up thy cross and follow me,”
I heard my Master say;
“I gave me life to ransom thee,
Surrender your all today.”
*CHORUS:*
Wherever He leads I’ll go,
Wherever He leads I’ll go,
I’ll follow my Christ who loves me so,
Wherever He leads I’ll go.

2. He drew me closer to His side,
I sought His will to know,
And in that will I now abide,
Wherever He leads I’ll go.

3. It may be through the shadows dim,
Or o’er the stormy sea,
I take my cross and follow Him,
Wherever He leadeth me.

4. My heart, my life, my all I bring
To Christ who loves me so;
He is my Master, Lord and King,
Wherever He leads I'll go.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord, circumcise my heart so that your will will always be my will.
2. Lord, don't ever allow me to surrender my decisions to self and permissive will an any time.
3. Lord, in any area of my life that I am already in a permissive will, bring me back to your will in your mercy.
4. Lord, give grace, inner strength and discernment to our Moses never to be deceived into making popular and reasonable decisions which are mere permissive will.
Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 6:05am On Oct 09, 2019
*DAILY MANNA*
*WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2019*

*PRICELESS WISDOM FROM HEAVEN*
*TEXT:* JOHN 4:1-26.
_*�KEY VERSE* "There cometh a woman of Samaria to draw water: Jesus saith unto her, Give me to drink" (JOHN 4:7)._

In May 2012, a 32-carat Burmese ruby and diamond ring - that was part of the collection of Lily Safra, one of the richest woman in the world, was sold at an auction. The pre-aunction estimate for the sale was $3.5 million, but the final sale price ended up at $6.7 million. It is believed to be the most expensive ruby ever sold. As valuable as rubies are, the Bible tells us that wisdom is far better and more valuable. No earthly treasure can compare to wisdom because nothing else offers the same protection, benefits, and blessings than wisdom does.

The passage details the conversation that took place between the greatest preacher ever and a Samaritan woman. Like in a well calculated game of chess, Jesus took this woman from a practical sinner to a practicing believer, a witness to the saving grace of Christ.

What won the day here was excellent wisdom in presenting the gospel. The questions from this peasant woman could divert any unwise preacher. Jesus did not dwell on controversies. He used every question to point her to solutions far beyond what any religion can offer. He directed her to the water springing into everlasting life and to worship, not in religious centres, but in spirit and in truth. He shifted her attention from earthly prophets and patriarchs like Abraham and Jacob, to our Father, who is in heaven.

The wisdom displayed from this passage should compel us to seek the face of God for help in ministry, especially witnessing in particular. With the requisite wisdom, our witnessing will no longer end up in religious arguments and controversies. Our prayers today should focus on one thing - wisdom.

*✍THOUGHT FOR THE DAY* Wisdom indeed is the principal thing.

*COVER TO COVER* ISAIAH 13-17.

*MEDITATION*

Wisdom in soul winning

1. Jesus "must needs go through Samaria" because of a single soul who will eventually be a soul winner vv4,29,30. It is more fruitful and fulfilling to be led by the Holy Spirit and to be soul winning minded on a daily basis.
2. Jesus did not start the conversion with an offensive or accusing question. He started with a question of common interest that will interest the woman v7.
3. The woman introduced ethnicity, religion and tribalism but Jesus wisely dodged the argument and focus His conversation on His goal vv9,10.
4. The direction of Jesus conversation was for the woman to know Christ and what He can offer. Let your message be Christ centred and not any other thing vv10,26. Don't get entangled in unnecessary and irrelevant argument.
5. Jesus identified the immediate need of the woman and presented Himself as the solution. We must identify the need of the sinner and present Jesus as the solution to that need vv11-15. Jesus should be presented as a solution to the need/challenge that is important to the sinner.
6. Jesus used the gift of the Spirit to arrest the woman vv16,17,18. Without the gift of the Spirit, we are highly limited. Earnestly pray for guidance of the Holy Spirit in soul winning.
7. Jesus spoke about the truth with confidence and assurance. Be fully convinced of your message and speak with full confidence and assurance vv21-24.
*Q* What was the main obstacle (stronghold) to the woman's salvation which Jesus destroyed completely? vv20-24. Identify the stronghold or the deception hindering the sinner from accepting Christ and destroy that hiding place with prayer and the Word.
8. Observe the effectiveness of Jesus approach, gentleness and message. The woman called Jesus ordinary "Jew" v9, later called Him "Sir" v15 and then a "prophet". She ended up believing Jesus to be greater than a prophet but a Messiah v29. Our salvation message is not complete until they are convinced that Jesus is Lord and Saviour vv28-30.

*HYMN* Lord, speak to me

1. Lord, speak to me, that I may speak
In living echoes of Thy tone;
As Thou hast sought, so let me seek
Thy erring children lost and lone.
O lead me, Lord, that I may lead
The wandering and the wavering feet;
O feed me, Lord, that I may feed
Thy hungering ones with manna sweet.
O strengthen me, that while I stand
Firm on the rock, and strong in Thee,
I may stretch out a loving hand
To wrestlers with the troubled sea.
O teach me, Lord, that I may teach
The precious things Thou dost impart;
And wing my words, that they may reach
The hidden depths of many a heart.
O give Thine own sweet rest to me,
That I may speak with soothing power
A word in season, as from Thee
To weary ones in needful hour.
O fill me with Thy fulness, Lord,
Until my very heart o’erflow
In kindling thought and glowing word,
Thy love to tell, Thy praise to show.
O use me, Lord, use even me,
Just as Thou wilt, and when, and where,
Until Thy blessed face I see,
Thy rest, Thy joy, Thy glory share!

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord, give me passion for soul winning.
2. Lord, give me a propelling compassion for the lost.
3. Lord, give me more wisdom to know how to reach out effectively to sinners of different categories.
4. Lord, give us more of your gifts and guidance for greater fruitfulness in soul winning.
Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 5:53am On Oct 10, 2019
*DAILY MANNA*
*THURSDAY, OCTOBER 10 2019*

*BECAUSE THEY FORGOT GOD!*
*TEXT:* PSALM 78:10-20.
_*�KEY VERSE* "They kept not the covenant of God, and refused to walk in his law; And forgat his works, and his wonders that he had shewed them" (PSALM 78:10,11)._

One of the weaknesses of the human nature is forgetfulness. It is sad that man does not often look back into the past to learn from it. This weakness costs him much. The present is often too loud and allowed to blot the memory of the past that can help him to better live and survive the future. While it is true that we must not be so tied to the past, yet we cannot totally forget those things in the past that helped us to where we are now. This, unfortunately, is what most people do, and are suffering the bitter consequences today.

That was the problem the children of Israel had repeatedly in their history. They kept forgetting God's dealings, faithfulness and mercies towards them. They had experienced great wonders and the miracles that no other nation around them had experienced, yet they kept forgetting God. Their forgetfulness led them to doubting God's power and ability to meet their present needs and as such, made them to turn to other gods for help.

When we forget God and His past faithfulness and dealings in our lives, we suffer much. Forgetfulness is the reason for the unbelief, fear, complaints and murmuring of some Christians today. And it is what brings about defeat, failure and backsliding. If we are careful to look back to recall even a little of the mercies and deliverances God has wrought for us in the past, we will come to understand that whatever present challenges we may be facing, they are no match to God.

We need to help our memory not to forget God and wander from Him; raise monuments of testimonies of God's goodness; read and listen to testimonies of His faithfulness to others.

*✍THOUGHT FOR THE DAY* Forgetfulness breeds fear and defeat.

*COVER TO COVER* ISAIAH 18-21.

*MEDITATION*

You have no excuse

*1. What God did for them*
a. Carefully go through verses 12,13,14,15,16,20a and note the miraculous provision, protection, passage through impregnable barriers and guidance etc that they enjoyed from God.
b. Think of the great salvation, mighty deliverance, healings and provision, among others, that God at one time or the other have done for you. Is God not good to you even though there might still be some challenges?
*2. What they did to God in return*
a. Carefully check verses 10, 17, 18, 19, 20b and observe what they paid God in return.
b. Look inward and check up how you are repaying God for all His wonders on your behalf. Are you better than the Jewish ingrates?
*3. Return to God what befits Him*
a. Appreciation, Adoration, Admiration, Addiction to God's service and His word, etc are the right attitude that befits God and nothing less for all His goodness to mankind.

*HYMN* Count your blessings

1. When upon life’s billows you are tempest tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.
*Chorus*
Count your blessings, name them one by one;
Count your blessings, see what God hath done;
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.
Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly,
And you will be singing as the days go by.
When you look at others with their lands and gold,
Think that Christ has promised you His wealth untold.
Count your many blessings, money cannot buy
Your reward in heaven, nor your Lord on high.
So amid the conflict, whether great or small,
Do not be discouraged, God is over all;
Count your many blessings, angels will attend,
Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord, give me grace and faith never to be overwhelmed by my challenges to the point of forgetting your past manifestation of goodness and greatness in my life.
2. Lord, give me ever grateful and praising heart.
3. Lord, I consecrate my life to you that I will ever follow and be faithful to you whatever comes my way in life.
4. Lord, release to your children the Spirit of faith and grace that conquer all their challenges.
Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 8:10am On Oct 11, 2019
*DAILY MANNA*
*FRIDAY, OCTOBER 11 2019*

*ABUSED PRIVILEGE*
*TEXT:* JEREMIAH 12:7-17.
_*�KEY VERSE* "I have forsaken mine house, I have left mine heritage; I have given the dearly beloved of my soul into the hand of her enemies" (JEREMIAH 12:7)._

For any relationship or league to be permanent, and for the privileges and benefits in such a relationship to be continually enjoyed, the terms and conditions agreed must be continually upheld. Once a party betrays the relationship, and tends to take the privileges for granted, he ultimately loses the privileges.

The children of Israel must have thought that their place and privilege with God was irrevocable. Thus, they treated Him with contempt and give themselves over to licentiousness. God was no longer going to bear with them. Though He had regarded them as His house, heritage, beloved and His richest portion; yet all these did not prevent Him from becoming their judge.

Christians must always bear this truth in mind. God is loving and eternally unchanging. He is faithful and ever consistent with every promise He has made. He regards the Christians as the apple of His eyes, peculiar people, a chosen generation, His dearly beloved and bride and has given them unlimited access to His provisions. His ultimate plan is to have believers spend eternity with Him. But all these are premised on a simple condition of obedience to His word.

There is no way a Christian can take God for granted, abuse the privileges given to him by living in outright and flagrant disobedience to Him and still hope to continue to enjoy His favour and blessing. No one, no matter his acclaimed spiritual position or standing is eternally secured unconditionally. Get it right; God loves you and wants you to keep enjoying all the privileges he has given you but you must ensure you don't abuse this in any way. Daily obedience to His word will keep you secured in His blessings.

*✍THOUGHT FOR THE DAY* No condition is permanent.

*COVER TO COVER* ISAIAH 22-25.

*MEDITATION*

The love of God does not cancel the justice of God

*1. The deep love God had for Israel*
a. Note the affectionate names God called Israel:
"My house", "my heritage", "dearly beloved of my soul" v7.
b. What other names did God used for Israel to show how much He loved them in vv10?
c. The relationship God has with Israel is not as deep as that for each of His children who are born again.
*2. The disobedience of Israel to their loving God*
a. Always at both silent and overt loggerhead with God and His laws v8.
b. Selective obedience to His words v8.
c. Getting offended and reacting negatively to the preaching of some truths in the word v8.
d. Their pastors have forsaken their calling of sacrificially and lovingly shepherding them in the way of the Lord to self seeking and taking advantage of the sheep v10.
e. What other actions of theirs put off God?
*Q* Do you have actions/behaviours you wish the word of God does not correct or rebuke you?
*3. Deep love but yet definite judgement*
a. Check verses 7,8b,11,12,13 to see the severe judgments the "beloved of the Lord" faced.
b. These judgements can be applied and you can check up whether you are having a similar experience it as it affects your sources of income v13, emotional and psychological stability v13, successful attacks and oppression from the godless vv9,12,14 etc.
The "feeling" of God's love for you does not save you from judgement of disobedience to His word. There is no substitute to repentance and full obedience if you want to enjoy God v17.

*HYMN* Just Obey

Verse 1
Just as God who reigns on High
Spake to men in days gone by,
So the Lord is calling men today;
And, my brother this is true,
Whatso-e'er He says to you
There is but one thing to do, just obey

Chorus
Just obey, just obey,
Is the way, God's way;
When His message comes to you,
There is but one thing to do,
Just obey, just obey

Verse 2
If you're in the Saviour's hands,
You must do as He commands,
For there is no other gospel way;
Never put the message by,
Never stop to reason why,
When the Saviour speaks to you, just obey

Chorus
Just obey, just obey,
Is the way, God's way;
Just obey, just obey

Verse 3
If for mansions fair you sigh
In that land beyond the sky
After time with you has pass'd away;
Tho' the way you may not see,
Christ is calling ''Follow Me''
Faith and duty both will cry just obey

Chorus
Just obey, just obey,
Is the way, God's way;
Just obey, just obey.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Ask for grace never to take the love of God for granted at any time.
2. Ask for the love of the truth without being selective.
3. Surrender to God in any area you are at loggerhead with His word and ask for grace to do His will.
4. Pray for pastors not to be distracted from their sacrificial calling to self seeking.
Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 7:48am On Oct 12, 2019
*DAILY MANNA*
*SATURDAY, OCTOBER 12 2019*

*A READY WITNESS*
*TEXT:* ACTS 8:26-40.
_*�KEY VERSE* "And he arose and went: and behold, a man of Ethiopia, a eunuch of great authority under Candace, queen of the Ethiopians, who was over all her treasure, who had come to Jerusalem to worship" (ACTS 8:27)._

One of the greatest needs of this time is Christians that the Lord can find ready and willing at any time He needs their attention and service. One sad thing that has befallen us today in Christendom is that we have become too busy and preoccupied with many activities that the Lord hardly gets our attention to speak to us and gets us to do His bidding. Agreed, what occupies the attention of most of us are right and legitimate things, but the sad consequence of these is that those the Lord has commissioned us to save are daily slipping to eternity unprepared without our notice!

This is where the life of Philip the evangelist serves as a great challenge and a wake-up call. He was never deafened or insensitive to the Spirit of God. He was a ready, willing and available man for God's use. Philip did not fail Him.

Can God get your attention when He needs it? Is it possible for the Lord to get you out of your busy pursuit and engagements so that you can run an errand for Him? Or are you so buried in your business that you cannot hear the cry of the dying world or the urging voice of the loving Saviour bidding you to go and help someone understand the way of salvation?

If we are going to be useful vessels that the Lord can use for emergency rescue missions, then we must be surrendered, willing, ready and open to the voice of the Spirit of God. Our vessels must be clean at all times and filled up with the Holy Spirit. If the Lord knows that we are willing and available for Him any time, then He will not hesitate to bring people who are ripe and ready for salvation our way. And what joy will be ours to have the privilege of leading such ones to the Lord!

*✍THOUGHT FOR THE DAY* God will only use a willing and ready heart; are you one?

*COVER TO COVER* ISAIAH 26-29.

*MEDITATION*

"Join this chariot"

*1. The work of the Holy Spirit in soul winning*
a. What made the gentile man of "great authority" to be seeking for the truth? The work of the Holy Spirit.
b. What made him to open to Isaiah 53 at this period? The work of the Holy Spirit.
c. What made him to endure the stress of traveling hundreds of miles on a horse-chariot in search for God? The Holy Spirit.
Anyone, irrespective of status, can get saved if believers could pray, cooperate with God and create the environment for the Holy Spirit to work.
_The Holy Spirit is an indispensable Partner in soul winning. The more you yield to Him and be led by Him, the more fruitful you will be._
*2. What if the holy saint did not make himself available?*
a. He will not be spiritual enough as to hear the voice of the Holy Spirit vv26,29.
b. The sinner, though educated, will not understand the words of salvation that will safe him v31.
c. The sinner will remain religious but not righteous.
d. The saint would have successfully quenched the Holy Spirit and loose His presence.
*3. Why did God used an angel to speak to Phillip but didn't use an angel to speak to the sinner?*
a. Angels are ministering spirits to the heirs of salvation and not to sinners Hebrews 1:13,14.
b. The testimony of a "man of like passion" who experienced salvation is more potent than that of angels who never experienced it.
c. Angels don't understand human nature and frailty enough to communicate the gospel effectively to man.
d. Soul winning will be one of the basis of our eternal reward.
e. It is a great privilege to serve that God prefers to give His Children rather than His servants (angels).
*4. What is the content of the message?*
a. Jesus *only* is the message and not denomination or any other thing v35.
b. The death, burial, resurrection and the purpose of His sufferings and death.
c. Steps to take to get saved should be clear and simple. Observe Phillip talked to him about wholehearted faith in the Lordship of Christ and water baptism vv36,37, Mark 16:16.
d. Also observe Phillip used the Scriptures and not mere human arguments to lead the sinner to Christ v35.
*5. Was he saved before baptism?* Yes
a. He confessed to the Lordship of Christ from the heart v37, Romans 10:9.
b. He humbly submitted to the command of Jesus (on water baptism) without questioning v37.
c. He did not procrastinate his obedience. It was immediate vv37,38.
d. He received the joy of salvation v39.
*6. Further challenge from Phillip*
Apart from making himself available to seek the Lord and be filled with the Spirit coupled with his obedience, his obedience to the voice of the Spirit was immediate vv26,27. "How shall they hear without a preacher?" Join this chariot today.

*HYMN* Anywhere with Jesus

1. Anywhere with Jesus I can safely go;
Anywhere He leads me in this world below;
Anywhere without Him dearest joys would fade;
Anywhere with Jesus I am not afraid.
Anywhere! anywhere! Fear I cannot know;
Anywhere with Jesus I can safely go.
2 Anywhere with Jesus I am not alone,
Other friends may fail me, He is still my own;
Though His hand may lead me over dreary ways,
Anywhere with Jesus is a house of praise. (Refrain)
3 Anywhere with Jesus over land and sea,
Telling souls in darkness of salvation free;
Ready as He summons me to go or stay,
Anywhere with Jesus when He points the way. (Refrain)

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord, forgive me for my coldness towards soul winning.
2. Lord, I ask for more passion for soul winning and more of the Spirit's guidance and power for fruitfulness.
3. Lord, be sending me to souls you have prepared for salvation and I promise not to be disobedient.
4. Lord, teach and empower every member to do soul winning effectively.
Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 8:05am On Oct 13, 2019
*DAILY MANNA*
*SUNDAY, OCTOBER 13 2019*

*DON'T WAIT TO SEE; JUST BELIEVE!*
*TEXT:* HEBREWS 11:7-16.
_*�KEY VERSE* "By faith Noah, being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear, prepared an ark to the saving of his house; by the which he condemned the world, and become heir of the righteousness which is by faith" (HEBREWS 11:7)._

An expression of unbelief commonly heard from doubters and scorners is "Seeing is believing." Unfortunately too, there are some so-called Christians who operate by this principle of unbelief. The expression simply means that one will not believe until one has seen the thing happened. Those who wait to see before they believe miss a lot of the blessings of God.

Faith accepts and acts on the word of God. It does not wait to see, like Thomas, before taking action. The examples of Noah and the worthies of old cited in the text today clearly illustrates this. God had warned Noah of the coming judgement upon the world through the flood and instructed him to build an ark that will be the means of his salvation and others who will believe. Noah immediately swung into action. It is important to note that Noah had no previous example or precedent to rely on. This is rare faith!

If you wait to see before you believe, it may be dangerously too late for you! Those who waited to see before they believed Noah's message of the coming flood never had the chance to escape the deluge. Similarly, those who want to wait to see before they believe in the reality of heaven and hell and the coming final judgement will eternally regret their unbelief.

God works by faith and honours those who have strong persuasion on His word and promises before they see it happen in their lives. One thing we have to be certain about is the fact that God cannot lie. Whatever He says, He will surely do. Once He has made a proclamation concerning your life, you can be sure that it will be as He has said. You don't need to wait to see it happen before you believe.

*✍THOUGHT FOR THE DAY* Faith counts it fine before it sees it done!

*COVER TO COVER* ISAIAH 30-33

*MEDITATION*

Evidences of faith

1. Faith trembles at the warnings of God because it is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of God v7.
2. Faith follows the guidance of God even when it appears risky and unintelligible v8.
3. Faith "dwells" in the land of promise as if it is real even though it is not yet physically real v9,13.
4. True faith does not end in earthly pursuits but sees into heavenly final abode v10,14,16.
5. Through faith we receive supernatural strength to bring forth uncommon miracle v11.
6. There is physical, spiritual multiplication and blessings in faith at the end of the tunnel v12.
7. Genuine faith is persistent even when it appears heaven is too slow or late v13.
*Q* Do you have evidences of true faith?
Faith will do whatever God can do.

*HYMN* Leave it there

1 If the world from you withhold of its silver and its gold,
And you have to get along with meager fare,
Just remember, in his Word, how he feeds the little bird -
Take your burden to the Lord and leave it there.
Leave it there, leave it there,
Take your burden to the Lord and leave it there;
If you trust and never doubt, he will surely bring you out.
Take your burden to the Lord and leave it there.
2 If your body suffers pain and your health you can’t regain,
And your soul is almost sinking in despair,
Jesus knows the pain you feel, he can save and he can heal --
Take your burden to the Lord and leave it there. [Refrain]
3 When your enemies assail and your heart begins to fail,
Don’t forget that God in heaven answers prayer;
He will make a way for you and will lead you safely through -
Take your burden to the Lord and leave it there. [Refrain]
4 When your youthful days are gone and old age is stealing on,
And your body bends beneath the weight of care,
He will never leave you then, he’ll go with you to the end -
Take your burden to the Lord and leave it there. [Refrain].

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord, give me a true and active faith.
2. Lord, I ask for the faith that is not convergent to earthly things but heavenly in desire and aspiration.
3. Lord, activate the faith that obeys and acts on your word in me.
4. Lord, let the fruit of obedience of faith multiply in every believer.
Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 7:23am On Oct 15, 2019
*DAILY MANNA*
*TUESDAY, OCTOBER 15 2019*

*OUT OF PLACE*
*TEXT:* JAMES 3:1-18.
_*�KEY VERSE* "Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be" (JAMES 3:10)._

There are too many professors of religion whose examples and lifestyles are completely out of place with their professions and claims. One area in which this is most obvious is in the use of the tongue.

The Apostle James reveals in our text that one of the most obvious proofs of our claim to be Christians is in the way we use our tongue. He decries the incongruity of claiming to be Christians and at the same time misusing the tongue. Cursing is out of place in a Christian's life. The real test of our Christian claim is our ability to bring our tongue under control through prayer and the grace of God.

Christians and Christian leaders are to be men and women of few words. Talkativeness, no doubt, will degenerate into sinfulness as it is most likely to include exaggerations and embellishments that are far from the truth. How we use our tongue when we are provoked and agitated also shows if we have been transformed by grace or not.

It is not unlikely that this may be one of the reasons our gospel and testimony is not accepted by the unbelievers in our neighborhood and places of work and why many of our children are not taking after our Christian faith. Our hypocrisies and inconsistent Christian lives are too glaring and overshadowing the Christian faith we seek to project. The Lord wants us to take a deep look into the way we live. If our examples are out of place with our claims, then we must stop the false life and go to the Lord to get the real thing. "The wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle and easy to be entreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy". This wisdom is revealed in the way we use our tongues. How do you use yours?

*✍THOUGHT FOR THE DAY* The state of your tongue shows the state of your life.

*COVER TO COVER* ISAIAH 38-41.

*MEDITATION*

Facts about our "little member"

1. The more judgemental you are, the more the severity of your judgement v1.
2. Who is a perfect man? He is a self disciplined man that does not make any to stumble with his tongue v2.
3. The tongue is a boaster and creates problems beyond what it can handle vv5,6.
4. The tongue of the unregenerate heart is a world of iniquity, an unruly evil and full of deadly poison vv6,8,14,15,16. It kills and destroys people while they are still living.
5. No amount of education, knowledge, experience or trainings can put the tongue under total check vv7,8. Only regeneration or conversion of the heart can.
6. It is hypocritical and deceptive. What it says at times is totally opposite to the thoughts of the heart v14. Its destiny is hell if not tamed v6.
7. What are the fruits of a circumcised tongue and heart? vv17,18.

*HYMN* Gracious Spirit dwell with me

1. GRACIOUS Spirit, dwell with me!
I myself would gracious be,
And with words that help and heal
Would thy life in mine reveal;
And with actions bold and meek
Would for Christ my Saviour speak.

2 Truthful Spirit, dwell with me!
I myself would truthful be,
And with wisdom kind and clear
Let thy life in mine appear;
And with actions brotherly
Speak my Lord's sincerity.

3 Tender Spirit, dwell with me!
I myself would tender be;
Shut my heart up like a flower
At temptation's darksome hour,
Open it when shines the sun,
And his love by fragrance own.

4 Mighty Spirit, dwell with me!
I myself would mighty be,
Mighty so as to prevail
Where unaided man must fail,
Ever by a mighty hope
Pressing on, and bearing up.

5 Holy Spirit, dwell with me!
I myself would holy be,
Separate from sin, I would
Choose, and cherish all things good;
And whatever I can be
Give to him who gave me thee.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord, cleanse me from judgemental and critical spirit.
2. Lord, purge my heart and tongue of all world of iniquity and deadly poisons.
3. Lord, give me a wise and tender spirit that will be reflecting in the use of my tongue henceforth.
4. Lord, teach all your children not to sin with their tongues any longer.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Refuses To Wed Nigerian Man To His Canadian Bride Because No Papers (vid) / An Unsent Email / You Crave Heaven, Yet Pray For Long Life On Earth: Are You Mad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 424
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.