Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,699 members, 7,802,071 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:42 AM

Daily Manner - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Daily Manner (1825 Views)

Ministry To Jws, Part 4 - Manner Of Christ's Return / DCLM Daily Manner For Today / All Manner Of Sicknesses Are Being Healed In Sign Fireman Crusades! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 5:25am On Oct 16, 2019
*DAILY MANNA*
*WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 16 2019*

*EVIL WILL NOT LAST!*
*TEXT:* REVELATION 17:15-18.
_*�KEY VERSE* "And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the LovePeddler, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire" (REVELATION 17:16)._

One truth that cannot be denied is the fact that evil will never last. It may have a moment where it appears to be going very strong, pervasive and seemingly irresistible; but the time will surely come when it will collapse completely with nothing to hold it up. This fact is attested to by many historical accounts. There have been world empires and emperors who have reigned with unquestionable power and terror but today have become totally forgotten.

The text today presents to us, the sudden destruction of an evil power that had such a control and influence over the whole world. In this passage,the angel gives the explanations of the symbolic elements used to describe this world evil power and the influence she had.

The lessons for believers are clear. The Christian must not allow himself to be controlled by the love of the world. No matter how promising and certain Satan's offers may be, it will just be for a moment. The devil cannot give long-lasting joy and satisfaction. Again, Christians suffering under the cruel and tyrannical oppression of the wicked should be consoled by the fact that the reign of terror will be just for a while. Ultimately, good shall triumph over evil and the believer's joy will be an unbroken one all through eternity.

The wealth, children, position, power, fame, influence, etc. that the devil will offer will be at a price too much for you to pay. And the worst of it is that it will never last. You have to make the right choice today by seeking the kingdom of heaven and its righteousness first; then will all that you truly need be added to you. Choose right; hold God's unchanging and eternal hands.

*✍THOUGHT FOR THE DAY* Build your hope on things eternal; hold on to God's unchanging hands!

*COVER TO COVER* ISAIAH 42-45.

The danger of romancing with the worldly system

*1. Identification*
The revelation has to do with events during the great tribulation.
a. *Woman/LovePeddler* is the world religions, including apostate Christians, who will have strong influence on all people v14.
b. Virtually, the death of all God's martyrs from generation to generations can be traced to the LovePeddler who had forsaking God, her true husband and now meddling with other gods v6.
c. The *beast* is the Antichrist who will rule over some kingdoms and fight against Christ vv11-14.
*2. Interpretation*
a. The "mystery Babylon" or the LovePeddler (apostate world religion during Great Tribulation) will be supporting and controlling the Antichrist v3 and the world v15 at the beginning of the Great Tribulation.
b. Once the beast or the Antichrist is well established, power will change hands. God will totally destroy the apostate world religion in return vv16,17. This will be God's final judgement on all world's religions vv16,17.
*3. Implications*
a. The romance of true Christianity with the world will at first appear to be a blessing to the Church, but later the worldly government, after she has gotten the full allegiance of the church will eventually destroy the church and assert her authority and dominion over the compromising or "worldly church" James 4:4
b. Christians, who are into romance and compromise with the world for whatever advantage, will eventually backslide back to the world and loose their faith Hebrews 11: 14, 15, I John 2:15-17.
c. The only option for true heaven minded Christians is not bridge the gap between Christianity and worldliness but to remain distinct and uncompromising Romans 12:2, 2 Corinthians 6:17.

*HYMN* O Jesus I have promised

O Jesus, I have promised
To serve Thee to the end;
Be Thou forever near me,
My Master and my Friend;
I shall not fear the battle
If Thou art by my side,
Nor wander from the pathway
If Thou wilt be my Guide.
Oh, let me feel Thee near me;
The world is ever near;
I see the sights that dazzle,
The tempting sounds I hear;
My foes are ever near me,
Around me and within;
But, Jesus, draw Thou nearer,
And shield my soul from sin.
Oh, let me hear Thee speaking,
In accents clear and still,
Above the storms of passion,
The murmurs of self-will;
Oh, speak to reassure me,
To hasten, or control;
Oh, speak, and make me listen,
Thou Guardian of my soul.
O Jesus, Thou hast promised
To all who follow Thee
That where Thou art in glory
There shall Thy servant be;
And Jesus, I have promised
To serve Thee to the end;
Oh, give me grace to follow,
My Master and my Friend.
Oh, let me see Thy footmarks,
And in them plant mine own;
My hope to follow duly
Is in Thy strength alone.
Oh, guide me, call me, draw me,
Uphold me to the end;
And then to rest receive me,
My Savior and my Friend.

*PRAYER POINT*
1. Lord, take every love of the world out of my heart.
2. Lord, don't allow me to be deceived into worldliness at any point of my Christian journey.
3. Lord, give me conviction and hatred for the world and its deceptive offers.
4. Lord, let the affections of your children be purified and be on things on high and not on the things on earth.
Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 6:23am On Oct 17, 2019
*DAILY MANNA*
*THURSDAY, OCTOBER 17 2019*

*ARE YOU GETTING READY*
*TEXT:* PSALM 89:35-52.
_*�KEY VERSE* "What man is he that liveth, and shall not see death? shall be deliver his soul from the hand of the grave?" (PSALM 89:48)._

A young child told her mother, "My Sunday School teacher tells me that this world is only a place in which God lets us live a while that we may prepare for a better world. But mother, I do not see anybody preparing. I see you preparing to go into that country and Aunt Eliza preparing to come here but I do not see anyone preparing to go there. Why don't they try to get ready?"

The psalmist in our text laments his predicament. He had sinned and God's wrath was upon him. In verses 46-47, he pleaded for mercy and requested that God's wrath be not forever or burn like fire as his time was short. He acknowledged that no man will live forever nor had power to deliver his soul from the hand of the grave.

Life is brief and time is short, yet many people further shorten it through carelessness, lawlessness, thoughtlessness and transgression. Some people, believers inclusive, think that everyone has a fixed, unalterable time to die. But they err. People like Lot's wife, Balaam, Ahitophel, Absalom, the young prophet, Ananias and Sapphira should not have died at the time they did. Their actions and tragic end show that they did not realise that the time was short. Sin shortens life. By the estimation of how long they think they will live, many who do not understand life think they can make right their way anytime they wish.

Soon the end of your life may be at hand; consider, therefore, the state of your soul. Today a man is here; tomorrow he is gone. You should order your every deed and thought as though today were the last day of your life. If you are not ready to die today, will tomorrow find you better prepared? Remember tomorrow is uncertain - no one is sure of it.

*✍THOUGHT FOR THE DAY* Live today as though it would be the last.

*COVER TO COVER* ISAIAH 46-50.

*MEDITATION*

Does sinning really worth it?

*1. The Davidic Covenant* vv35-37.
a. Carefully read the strong Davidic generational covenant and oath in vv37-39.
b. All truly born again children of God have a better covenant and better promises Hebrews 8:6. You are a covenant child if you are truly born again and living a holy life.
*2. Divine cancellation or suspension*
a. Davidic covenant was suspended until the millennial reign when Christ the Son of David will be the fulfilment v39.
b. The effect of the suspension was unbearable
*His crown of glory and honour was desecrated, removed and cast to the ground vv39, 44.
*His protection and hiding place were destroyed so that the enemies could easily attack successfully vv40,43.
*A victim of reproach before the adversaries vv41,42,50,51.
*Threats of untimely deaths v45,48.
*Q* Are you passing through a resemblance of any of these? Do you want to avoid any of these in life and in death?Why the breach of covenant?
Why these heavy judgements in spite of the great covenant and oath? Those seeking for deliverance should look inward first and make sure they are not provoking God to wrath in any area.
*3. Damnable causes*
a. God's wrath v38.
b. Is there any area your conscience is bearing witness that God is not happy with you even though you are covering up?
Solution from wrath is only in repentance and coming to Christ for mercy.

*HYMN* Rock of Ages, cleft for me

Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee;
Let the water and the blood,
From Thy riven side which flowed,
Be of sin the double cure,
Save me from its guilt and power.
Not the labor of my hands
Can fulfill Thy law’s demands;
Could my zeal no respite know,
Could my tears forever flow,
All could never sin erase,
Thou must save, and save by grace.
Nothing in my hands I bring,
Simply to Thy cross I cling;
Naked, come to Thee for dress,
Helpless, look to Thee for grace:
Foul, I to the fountain fly,
Wash me, Savior, or I die.
While I draw this fleeting breath,
When mine eyes shall close in death,
When I soar to worlds unknown,
See Thee on Thy judgment throne,
Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
Let me hide myself in Thee.

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord, I thank and praise you for your mercy and favour that brought me into covenant with you.
2. If there is sin, repent forts and ask for mercy. If not, pray the following:
*O Lord, let me not loose my crown of honour and glory.
* O Lord, don't permit your protection to be taken from me at any time.
* O Lord, I hereby refuse to be a reproach to my adversaries. Take every garment of reproach away and cloth me with a garment of honour and prosperity.
*My Father, restore any good thing the enemy has stolen from me through carelessness or sin.
3. O Lord of mercy, visit every household in the Church and restore back all that the adversaries have stolen
Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 6:07am On Oct 18, 2019
*DAILY MANNA*
*FRIDAY, OCTOBER 18 2019*

*THE FRUIT TEST*
*TEXT:* MATTHEW 7:13-20.
_*�KEY VERSE* "Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them" (MATTHEW 7:20)._

Paul Eldridge, an American writer, was on point when he observed that "we cannot make a tiger eat grass by removing his teeth or turn a lamb into a bull by tying horns onto his head." The world has become more gullible because deceivers and hypocrites have become more sophisticated in their acts. In no aspect of life is this more evident than in religious life. This calls for more discernment and one sure way of identifying what is what and who is who is to apply the fruit test.

In the concluding part of this epic Sermon on the Mount, Christ urged everyone to strive to enter God's kingdom through the narrow way wherein are found very few people. The alternative broad way leads to eternal destruction. That is where majority of the human race works. Beyond this admonition, He warns of false prophets which appear in sheep's clothing. It is in this connection that He talked about the fruit test. In a world where false prophets endeavour to look even more innocent and benevolent than true prophets, how can you detect them?

You can apply the fruit test to individuals or institutions. There are many innocent-looking but deceitful "prophets" and religious bodies whose conducts and doctrines are capable of keeping people comfortable in the hell-bound broad way. Consider their character and the end point of their ministry. Do not patronize them in any way. They are dangerous and cannot give what they do not have.

At a personal level, be sure of your spiritual status. The unregenerate life cannot produce good fruit. Good fruit is what matters here and hereafter. You need the transformative work of the Holy Spirit and abiding completely in Christ to bear good fruit.

*✍THOUGHT FOR THE DAY* How do you fare in the fruit test?

*COVER TO COVER* ISAIAH 51-55.

*MEDITATION*

More than mere confession

*1. The way is not designed to be easy*
a. The gate to the kingdom of God is narrow and the way is hard (narrow in KJV but hard in Greek). "Only few find it" v14.
b. Why did Jesus said so�.
c. If your own Christianity accommodates a life of pleasure , leaves you in comfort zone and does not cost you precious things or relationships, you may not be on track v13,14.
*Q* What have you suffered for Christ's sake?
*2. Way of identifying false prophets*
a. Check what he does and says at his/her breaking point. If it is evil, then he/she is fake no matter how sanctimoniously he/she behaves at girded hours vv17,18.
b. Don't take his private life, marital life, relationship life etc for granted. Often they have private lives that are either questionable or not in conformity to the Bible v15.
c. Check their emphasis. A true prophet will emphasis salvation and holy living - the central message of Jesus Christ. "The testimony of Jesus is the spirit (motivation or central theme) of prophecy" vv16,20.
d. Their teachings and lifestyle will confirm to the Bible in *every* area vv16,20.
*Q* What testimony can your closest friend or spouse or relations give about you?

*HYMN* Let other see Jesus in you

While passing thro' this world of sin,
and others your life shall view,
Be clean and pure without, within;
Let others see Jesus in you.

Refrain:
Let others see Jesus in you,
Keep telling the story, be faithful and true;

2. Your life's a book before their eyes,
They're reading it thro' and thro'
Say, does it point them to the skis,
Do others see Jesus in you?

Refrain

3. What joy 'twill be at set of sun,
In mansions beyond the blue,
To find some souls that you have won;

Refrain

4. Then live for Christ both day and night,
Be faithful, be brave and true,
and lead the lost to life and Christ.

Refrain

*PRAYER POINTS*
1. Lord, I hereby ask for grace to be living the life that reflects your character.
2. Lord, visit all the dark areas and spots in my life and purge them totally from all evil nature.
3. Lord, don't permit me to be a prey of false, deceptive prophets and teachers.
4. Lord, let your word we read and hear be working out Christ's image in your children and keep us from being an embarrassment to your name.
Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 7:49am On Oct 19, 2019
*DAILY MANNA*
*SATURDAY, OCTOBER 19 2019*

*GOD-SENT*
*TEXT:* LUKE 5:17-26.
_*�KEY VERSE* "And, behold, men brought in a bed and a man which was taken with a palsy: and they sought means to bring him in, and to lay him before him" (LUKE 5:18)._

The great commission is the business of every Christian in every place to tell others about Jesus and to do our best to bring others to the Saviour. The bringing of one soul to Jesus is the highest achievement possible to any believer. Those who have answered the Saviour's call to salvation were brought in many ways. Some are brought by a friend, a neighbor or a colleague. Some are introduced by parents early in life, some are invited by the voice of an anonymous herald on radio or the city bus service, yet some others through a miracle of healing by a minister. However the invitation came, the channel used is undoubtedly, God-sent.

The men mentioned in our text were God-sent to introduce the helpless, sick fellow to Jesus for the healing of his diseased soul which was reason for his bodily infirmity. These men knew they had not the power to help their friend in his predicament, but they obviously knew the Saviour and they believed He could heal him.

Sinners are helpless in the hands of Satan and the flesh, and they have no hope of eternal life if somebody does not tell them about Jesus who died to atone for their sins. Every true believer is God-sent to go and preach the gospel of salvation to every creature within our reach. We must be willing to lend ourselves to be used as the hands, arms and feet to lovingly hold, carry and bring the sinner to Jesus. Nothing reveals our faith in Him better than perseveringly leading sinners into a lifetime of relationship with Him. There is the promise of reward for every work done faithfully in His name.

*✍THOUGHT FOR THE DAY* It is glorious to be Christ's believable witness.

*COVER TO COVER* ISAIAH 56-60.

*MEDITATION*

True neighbourliness

1. As far as Jesus is concerned, a teaching time can be a healing time v17. The sick need not endure pains till another time.
*Pray* that our fellowship time will be divine visitation, healings and miracle time�.
2. The people (number not told) who brought the sick were not relations but mere sympathetic neighbours or friends v18.
*Pray* to have active concern and compassion that will propel you to action for your neighbours �.
3. The neighbours were united to helping the sick man v18.
*Pray* for the spirit of unity and cooperation with other saints in helping the needy and saving the sinners �.
4. The neighbours were sacrificial. Time, energy to carry the man to the roof etc were spent v18.
*Pray:* O for love that will willingly and cheerfully sacrifice for others �.
5. They were full of faith, strongly determined and perseverance in saving the man v19.
*Pray* for these graces in your life �.
6. Their efforts and faith were rewarded. The man not only got healed but got saved! vv20,25.
*Pray* that you will not labour in vain but your labour will always bring fruits and blessings � .
7. What other lessons do you learn from the Text?
*Action Plan*
Think of a neighbour/family that you can be of help to and get saved. Start praying and have a plan of action now. Be a true neighbour.

*HYMN* Till the whole world knows

1 I'll tell to all that God is love;
For the world has never known
The great compassion of His heart
For the wayward and the lone.
*Refrain:*
Till the whole world knows,
Till the whole world knows,
I will shout and sing of Christ my King,
Till the whole world knows.
2 I'll tell of mercy's boundless tide,
Like the waters of the sea,
That covers every sin of man;
'Tis salvation full and free. (Refrain)
3 I'll tell of grace that keeps the soul,
Of abiding peace within,
Of faith that overcomes the world,
With its tumult and its din. (Refrain)
4 Eternal glory is the goal
That awaits the sons of light;
Eternal darkness, black as death,
For the children of the night. (Refrain)
Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 8:23am On Oct 21, 2019
DAILY MANNA
MONDAY OCTOBER 21, 2019
TOPIC: AS IT WAS IN JESUS' TIME
TEXT: Matthew 17:22-27
KEY VERSE:
“Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee” - (Matthew 17:27).
In Washington, DC, United States of America, there is the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier located within the Arlington National Cemetery. The memorial in this US capital city enjoys a 24-hour watch for the 365 days of the year. When a new armed guard arrives to replace his departing colleague, he receives some orders. The words are always the same: “Orders remain unchanged”. This has been so for decades.
Christians have an older and richer tradition of precepts handed to us by our Leader Jesus Christ. As He spoke for the second time in the gospel of Matthew about His death and resurrection on the third day, tribute collectors accosted Him and Peter. It presented an opportunity for the miracle of turning the mouth of a fish into a money bank. The Lord did more. He taught that the Christian, though a citizen of heaven, must fulfil his civic duties by paying taxes as He Himself did.
Jesus' precept to His followers to honour the state and cooperate with civil authorities when they raise levies for projects that do not offend the Scriptures has come down to us as 'orders (that) remain unchanged'. The believer is expected to partner the government of the day or the council of his community in the development of the nation or area of residence, regardless of his Christian stance. That the Christian is “not of the world” should not exclude him from performing his civic duties.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
True followers of Christ prevent controversy and support responsibility.
THE BIBLE IN A YEAR:
Jeremiah 1-2
Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 5:43am On Oct 22, 2019
DAILY MANNA
TUESDAY OCTOBER 22, 2019
TOPIC: RESTING ON HIS WORD
TEXT: John 4:43-54
KEY VERSE:
“Jesus saith unto him, Go thy way; thy son liveth. And the man believed the word that Jesus had spoken unto him, and he went his way” - (John 4:50).
Years before his death in February 2018, the well-known evangelist, Billy Graham had a TV talk show. He told his agnostic interviewer that he eagerly awaited death because that would transport him into the presence of Jesus, his Lord and Saviour. He went on to explain that his confidence rested on what the Bible says about Christ's sacrificial death and resurrection. The preacher said his faith was based on nothing else, otherwise he would not be able to boast in the Saviour and obey His word without reservation.
The nobleman in the text also showed great faith by travelling from Capernaum in the southeast of Palestine to meet Jesus in Cana, seeking healing for his son. He did not bring the ailing lad along. He requested the Lord to go with him to his place, where he claimed the boy was “at the point of death”.
Following Jesus means utter submission to Him on His own terms, not ours as the nobleman sought when he pleaded that the Saviour should undertake the trip to meet the sick child in Capernaum. This contrasted with the attitude of the centurion who in Matthew 8:8, forbade the divine Healer from coming to his home but rather asked Him to speak the word. The nobleman got the desired succour for his child when he backed down from imposing conditions on Jesus.
No matter the frantic exertions of man in his quest for solutions to the myriad of challenges confronting him, he will not move a flea-hop near any satisfactory resolution without bowing to the will of God. He must seek answers in his Creator. He must drop the heavy luggage of sin sinking his world. And for the believer, he must lean only on the word of God and unprecedented breakthrough will follow immediately.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Overcome crisis by His word.
THE BIBLE IN A YEAR:
Jeremiah 3-4
Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 6:27am On Oct 23, 2019
DAILY MANNA
WEDNESDAY OCTOBER 23, 2019
TOPIC: IMPREGNABLE FORTRESS
TEXT: Psalm 91:1-16
KEY VERSE:
“There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling” - (Psalm 91:10).
Fortified castles, bomb shelters and underground bunkers have failed in the face of powerful natural disasters. If there is an outbreak of nuclear conflict, there is no guarantee of lasting protection for any inhabitant of the planet in view of the colossal impact on crops and the atmosphere. Should there be severe earthquake or hurricane, no structure is completely safe. Puny man is helpless when the elements unleash their fury and evil forces combine to trouble him.
But in Psalm 91, Jehovah God has erected an invincible fortress to withstand the fiercest of storms and the toughest of evil machinations. It is the composite picture of all-round supernatural fortress that has shielded the genuine believer from harm over the ages.
The Psalmist calls it the 'habitation' and 'refuge' of the Most High. It is the Lord's 'secret place' where 'no evil (shall) befall you or any plague come close to your dwelling. There is no promise that frightening lions or wicked demonic forces will not challenge you. But the Lord says as long as you abide under the shadow of the Almighty, you will prevail and be the champion. It is not a short-lived victory here on earth only as the Lord concludes cheeringly: “With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation”.
This invincible fortress can only admit those who receive the salvation plan of God. Sinners must repent of their sin, forsake it and accept Jesus as Lord and Saviour. They must follow Him and heed His commandments all their days. That is how to abide under the shadow of the Almighty. Cramming the psalm and reciting it when there is trouble will not work; dwelling in Him is the solution.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Safety is the presence of God when there is trouble.
THE BIBLE IN A YEAR:
Jeremiah 5-6
Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 6:15am On Oct 24, 2019
DAILY MANNA
THURSDAY OCTOBER 24, 2019
TOPIC: AFFIRMING HIS MESSIANIC MISSION
TEXT: Luke 7:19-30
KEY VERSE:
“Then Jesus answering said unto them, Go your way, and tell John what things ye have seen and heard; how that the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, to the poor the gospel is preached” - (Luke 7:22).
At 74, the United Nations has aged, having been established on October 24, 1945. There would be discordant reactions if emissaries were to be sent to its headquarters to find out if the organisation has achieved its four main purposes. The key objectives include: “Maintaining worldwide peace and security” and “Fostering cooperation between nations in order to solve economic, social, cultural or humanitarian international problems.” Has the UN met these goals of giving the people of the world peace, security and a sense of global togetherness?
With our Lord Jesus Christ, there was no question about whether He had fulfilled His Messianic objectives or not. He had evidence which even His Jewish and heathen detractors could not gainsay. When the incarcerated John the Baptist sent his disciples to the Lord to find out if He was the Messiah or if the world should wait for the real one, Jesus asked them to tell John what they themselves witnessed.
Christians must seek God's grace to pursue a lifestyle that will pass the litmus test of skeptics, sinners and backsliders. The testimony of our too obvious stand in Christ must stem from our blameless conduct attested to by those around us in the church, at home, in the neighborhood, where we work or do business, in public and in school. That is how men “by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God…”.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
A Christian's open holiness is his sermon.
THE BIBLE IN A YEAR:
Jeremiah 7-9
Re: Daily Manner by scave(m): 6:03am On Oct 25, 2019
DAILY MANNA
FRIDAY OCTOBER 25, 2019
TOPIC: A DURABLE FOUNDATION
TEXT: Acts 9:23-31
KEY VERSE:
“Then the disciples took him by night, and let him down by the wall in a basket” - (Acts 9:25).
You know the day by the morning, according to an age-old adage. That is to say that what dawn offers a person tends to hint you of what will happen throughout the rest of the day. Similarly, what you experience at the start of your career, lays the foundation that would determine the trajectory of your mission. That was the case with the ministry of Paul the apostle. His genuine conversion bore fruit as he began to preach that the message of the crucified Man of Galilee was the way of salvation and not the Judaism he had been upholding. He “confounded the Jews… proving that this is the very Christ.” He got an endurable beginning that came in the form of persecutions.
Persecution set in quite early in his ministry. As the Jews killed Jesus earlier, so there was a plot to murder him too. Saved by the disciples he had come to destroy, the new convert learnt lasting lessons in Christ's heavenly doctrine that we should forgive our enemies. This exalted theme of loving your enemy came up repeatedly in his epistles, notably in Romans 12. Ferried into Jerusalem, He enjoyed more love in the company of the apostles after initial rejection.
The new believer in Christ will experience troublous times at the beginning of his walk with his new Master, as the old slave-owner would not let go without a fight. But Jesus will permit the ensuing persecution only as far as we allow Him to use it to fortify us for stronger battles in the race to heaven. The Lord turns such early challenges into platforms upon which we can stand for more productive service for His kingdom, even when bigger challenges surface, as they did in the life of Paul.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Fleeing from ministry challenges is fleeing from God.
THE BIBLE IN A YEAR:
Jeremiah 10-12

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Refuses To Wed Nigerian Man To His Canadian Bride Because No Papers (vid) / Christian Marriages / Wu Wrote D Gospel Of Barnabas.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.