Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,943 members, 7,806,721 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

What Do You Say In Your Mind, When You Greet People And The Don't Answer?? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Do You Say In Your Mind, When You Greet People And The Don't Answer?? (1391 Views)

What Did You Say You Won’t Do That You Are Doing Now? / How Do You Say No And Stand Your Ground? / We’d Rather Recall Gov. Yahaya Bello Than Dino: Kogi Voters Say In A Mock Recall (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Say In Your Mind, When You Greet People And The Don't Answer?? by gidoskiaustino(m): 7:24am On Aug 09, 2019
If I see that is purposely I will just say "NONESENSE"
But if I see they didn't hear I will greet for one more time.
Say yours.
Re: What Do You Say In Your Mind, When You Greet People And The Don't Answer?? by youngest85(m): 7:25am On Aug 09, 2019
Just free the person, he or she doesn't like friends
And you know friendship starts from greeting
Re: What Do You Say In Your Mind, When You Greet People And The Don't Answer?? by RiyaGoddess(f): 7:34am On Aug 09, 2019
I will greet again with the believe that the person didn't hear me. If no answer again, I move close to the person and say, I'm greeting you sir/ma even if the person is younger. If no answer, I will go my way. When I see the person again, I will greet again whether there's a response or not. There's a saying in my place that says, " Greeting isn't Friendship " meaning just greet and go even if you don't like the person, just greet and go. If non response continues, I will call the person and ask what the matter is, why do I greet and get no response. Non response won't stop my greetings to any body.
Read my signature let's talk Biz.

You might get encouragement from a man, but not for long. You may draw strength from around but surely not at all times.

God alone encourages, when no man remained. He alone is the source of strength that last beyond our last breath.

*2Cor.7:6 But God, who encourages those who are discouraged, encouraged us by the arrival of Titus.*

Men may have discouraged you. Perhaps you might have not encouraged yourself enough. But we can trust God, to strengthen and encourage us always.

FAM, let's look up to God at all times. He alone, is absolutely dependable. Have a pleasant weekend ahead. Shalom!
Good Morning FAM.

*Shile*

1 Like

Re: What Do You Say In Your Mind, When You Greet People And The Don't Answer?? by nNEOo(m): 7:38am On Aug 09, 2019
I don't stare to confirm if they answer my greetings, just make sure you smile while you greet.

No one will answer you if your mouth says good day n yourface's saying bad day
Re: What Do You Say In Your Mind, When You Greet People And The Don't Answer?? by nNEOo(m): 7:44am On Aug 09, 2019
RiyaGoddess:
I will greet again with the believe that the person didn't hear me. If no answer again, I move close to the person and say, I'm greeting you sir/ma even if the person is younger. If no answer, I will go my way. When I see the person again, I will greet again whether there's a response or not. There's a saying in my place that says, " Greeting isn't Friendship " meaning just greet and go even if you don't like the person, just greet and go. If non response continues, I will call the person and ask what the matter is, why do I greet and get no response. Non response won't stop my greetings to any body.

Omo you go like wahala oh, you greet ,person no answer you still go meet am threatening him to answer.
Izzit by force ?.
You just proved ppl respond when they feel neglected,just use reverse psychology on them next time. grin
Re: What Do You Say In Your Mind, When You Greet People And The Don't Answer?? by gidoskiaustino(m): 7:56am On Aug 09, 2019
youngest85:
Just free the person, he or she doesn't like friends
And you know friendship starts from greeting
You are right
Re: What Do You Say In Your Mind, When You Greet People And The Don't Answer?? by thesicilian: 7:58am On Aug 09, 2019
They're too many problems to deal with in this country to be worrying about who replies greetings and who doesn't.
Re: What Do You Say In Your Mind, When You Greet People And The Don't Answer?? by gidoskiaustino(m): 7:58am On Aug 09, 2019
RiyaGoddess:

You might get encouragement from a man, but not for long. You may draw strength from around but surely not at all times.

God alone encourages, when no man remained. He alone is the source of strength that last beyond our last breath.

*2Cor.7:6 But God, who encourages those who are discouraged, encouraged us by the arrival of Titus.*

Men may have discouraged you. Perhaps you might have not encouraged yourself enough. But we can trust God, to strengthen and encourage us always.

FAM, let's look up to God at all times. He alone, is absolutely dependable. Have a pleasant weekend ahead. Shalom!
Good Morning FAM.

*Shile*
You have a point, but not everyone can buy your idea, but some people will.
I like your courage
Re: What Do You Say In Your Mind, When You Greet People And The Don't Answer?? by RiyaGoddess(f): 8:23am On Aug 09, 2019
nNEOo:

Omo you go like wahala oh, you greet ,person no answer you still go meet am threatening him to answer.
Izzit by force ?.
You just proved ppl respond when they feel neglected,just use reverse psychology on them next time. grin

It's not wahala.
Let me share this with you.
There use to be a man in my neighborhood that never respond to anyone greetings. The man is in his early 40. People greets but he won't answer so because of that, nobody greets him. I continued greeting him with no response in return not until one day I greeted him with a smile as usual and he didn't say pim . So I walked up to him and politely said Sir can you give a some seconds and I was surprised to hear him say Ok. I was shocked. Then I said, I have noticed that whenever I greet you, you don't answer me. Is anything the matter? Please tell me. Then the man Smiled. That was a surprise again. Then he said nothing. I asked if he was sure that he could talk to me. The man said OK. Though we couldn't talk that morning so we arranged to meet after work close in the evening. I really look forward to meet the man. When it was evening, we met at a canteen. The man ordered for food for two of us. While eating, he vomited all that he had piled up in his body as in very touching stories that got me cold. This man had been depressed for long. I thank God that God used me to bring him out of his depressive state. God restored the man. I told the man you have a friend now. The following day, everyone was surprised to see a new man. He didn't wait for anyone to greet him but he did the greeting first with a big smile...
He became a changed person.
What I'm trying to say is that, sometimes we just conclude or assume or read meanings to meaningless things without finding out the real cause of some actions...
God Bless You Sir.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Say In Your Mind, When You Greet People And The Don't Answer?? by RiyaGoddess(f): 8:24am On Aug 09, 2019
gidoskiaustino:

You have a point, but not everyone can buy your idea, but some people will.
I like your courage

Thank you sir
Re: What Do You Say In Your Mind, When You Greet People And The Don't Answer?? by nNEOo(m): 10:57am On Aug 09, 2019
RiyaGoddess:

It's not wahala.
There use to be a man in my neighborhood that never respond to anyone greetings. The man is in his early 40. People greets but he won't answer so because of that, nobody greets him. I continued greeting him with no response in return not until one day I greeted him with a smile as usual and he didn't say pim . So I walked up to him and politely said Sir can you give a some seconds and I was surprised to hear him say Ok. I was shocked. Then I said, I have noticed that whenever I greet you, you don't answer me. Is anything the matter? Please tell me. Then the man Smiled. That was a surprise again. Then he said nothing. I asked if he was sure that he could talk to me. The man said OK. Though we couldn't talk that morning so we arranged to meet after work close in the evening. I really look forward to meet the man. When it was evening, we met at a canteen. The man ordered for food for two of us. While eating, he vomited all that he had piled up in his body as in very touching stories that got me cold. This man had been depressed for long. I thank God that God used me to bring him out of his depressive state. God restored the man. I told the man you have a friend now. The following day, everyone was surprised to see a new man. He didn't wait for anyone to greet him but he did the greeting first with a big smile...
What I'm trying to say is that, sometimes we just conclude or assume or read meanings to meaningless things without finding out the real cause of some actions...
God Bless You Sir.

God bless you too.
A system has failed when you see ppl dragging God into everything.
Am sure if your story is true, then whatever that depressed man said only points towards a failed system.
Really wished you looked at his problems from different perspective.

Like I said ealier,ppl have varying personalities, no be quarrel, some just don't attach much importance to greet responses .
Re: What Do You Say In Your Mind, When You Greet People And The Don't Answer?? by youngest85(m): 8:58pm On Aug 09, 2019
gidoskiaustino:

You are right

Thanks for your understanding
Re: What Do You Say In Your Mind, When You Greet People And The Don't Answer?? by gidoskiaustino(m): 6:10am On Aug 10, 2019
RiyaGoddess:

It's not wahala.
God Bless You Sir.
Wow wonderful.
Spread Love

(1) (Reply)

Ochanja fire Outbreak: Rapper Phyno Visits Ochanja Market Onitsha / Creditville Nig Ltd Vehicle Loan Offers / The Naira Land Members I Miss Seeing Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.