Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:17 AM

Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads (25383 Views)

Niger State Residents Protest High Cost Of Food, Living / Lagos Residents Decry Regular Road Crashes By Clubgoers / Bukola Saraki Drives Into Offa Town In Kwara State, Residents Cheer (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by naijadrivablog: 8:55am On Aug 09, 2019
Rivers State residents have been asking if the Governor, popularly known as Mr. Project, is still living in the state. This is due to the overwhelming poor state of roads across the state.

Major parts of the federal and state roads are bad, thereby increasing the pains and suffering of motorists and other road users.
Some of the affected areas include: Oyigbo (Porthacourt -Aba Road), Ada George road by Location junction, Rumuolumeni, Ikwere road by Market junction, East-West road by Nkpolu, Rukpoku by BigTreat, Rumukwurusi by Sobaz, Rumuodara by Omega House and D/Line by Okija road, among others.

The bad portion of the roads has forced many motorists, especially those plying the notorious Nkpolu and Location junctions, to abandon the route for alternative ways to their destination, which consumes extra time and money.
For example, trip from Rumuokoro to Choba in Obio/Akpor Local Government Area, which was N100 now goes for between N200 to N300 for taxis using alternative routes while others.

The two-lane of Nkpolu junction has completely collapsed and commercial motorists are having a field day due to the failed road.
Residents face similar challenges in other bad roads across the State. Some car owners prefer to use public transport due to bad roads and traffic gridlocks. The situation, it was observed has slowed business in the state capital.
Criminals take advantage of the bad portion of the road to rob and kidnap residents, especially between 6:00p.m. and 10:00p.m.

Meanwhile, the State Ministry of Works has announced that work would commence at the bad Location junction by Mgbuoba/Ada George Road tomorrow. Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Works, Rivers State, Dr. Clifford Ndu Walter, in a statement, informed the public that the axis of the road would be closed to traffic from August 8 till August 10, due to the commencement of rehabilitation work on the road.

He urged commuters and other roads users to use the alternative lane pending when the road is fixed. However, there is no news yet about moves to repair other collapsed roads across the state.

Residents are calling on Governor, Nyesom Wike, also known as Mr Project and the Federal Government to come to their aid.

Source: https://naijadriva./2019/08/09/rivers-state-residents-decry-deplorable-roads/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by joeprince23(m): 9:17am On Aug 09, 2019
Oyigbo my lga is the worst in rivers state

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by jodeci(m): 9:23am On Aug 09, 2019
all listed failed portions are federal roads except mgbuogba/nta/location road junction.

29 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by portplus: 9:35am On Aug 09, 2019
I simple way Nigerians rate the performance of a governor is the state of road networks.

Roads in Port Harcourt are failing one after the other in the past 3years.

As a resident of Port Harcourt, I saw the now failed portion of all these roads mentioned above as very tiny porthole three years ago...those tiny potholes are now fun fledged gullies.

It is a big shame.

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by jlinkd78(m): 9:43am On Aug 09, 2019
Am an admirer of Wike especially in his boldness in speaking truth to power against d FG tyranny but I must confess that Wike has not done well in maintaining d aforementioned spots on those roads. The State govt needs to establish if not already there a well funded road maintenance agency that will be saddled with d responsibility of identifying these deplorable points on d road and nip it in d buds before escalating. Good to know that d Ada George by Location has been closed to traffic from Thursday yday for d fixing but it will be nice if extended to d oda hot spots. In fact this Op is a true Phc son and posts like this will add value to Nairaland not all these irrelevant posts filled with hate and tribal innuendos

24 Likes

Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by Thisis2raw(m): 11:06am On Aug 09, 2019
Wait I want to post my hometown own 'Rumuorlumeni'

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by Thisis2raw(m): 11:24am On Aug 09, 2019
Thisis2raw:
more

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by Thisis2raw(m): 11:28am On Aug 09, 2019
Painful part Rumuorlumeni voted for Wke 100%, I can remember in 2014 my people had an issue with Ameachi at hometown because of their loyalty to Wike see how he pays us back

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by portplus: 7:08pm On Aug 09, 2019
Thisis2raw:

Huuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmm

Sometimes I wonder if there is any form of governance in Rivers State.

Amechi and Wike are poles apart when in terms of road infrastructure and governance in general.

Roads in Rivers State are collapsing one after the other.

The painful thing is that nobody is doing anything about the deplorable states of these roads.

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by portplus: 7:09pm On Aug 09, 2019
Thisis2raw:
more

na waaaaoooooooooo
Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by abc115: 7:58pm On Aug 09, 2019
Nawaooo... There should be maintenance agency... In case if they cannot reconstruct the roads

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by seanfer(m): 8:49pm On Aug 09, 2019
Thisis2raw:
Painful part Rumuorlumeni voted for Wke 100%, I can remember in 2014 my people had an issue with Ameachi at hometown because of their loyalty to Wike see how he pays us back

That day was a bad day at the Town hall area. Stray bullets hits so many people. I was at St Johns that day and I can’t forget how people were running. Wike didn’t do anything for that community except the substandard Iwofe/ wimpey road. I was at Aker road on Sunday and you need to see the road.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by seanfer(m): 8:51pm On Aug 09, 2019
jodeci:
all listed failed portions are federal roads except mgbuogba/nta/location road junction.

D line, Iwofe/Wimpey, Rukpoku are also federal roads?

43 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by otokx(m): 9:29pm On Aug 09, 2019
seanfer:

D line, Iwofe/Wimpey, Rukpoku are also federal roads?

Don't mind him.

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by otokx(m): 9:31pm On Aug 09, 2019
portplus:

Huuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmm

Sometimes I wonder if there is any form of governance in Rivers State.

Amechi and Wike are poles apart when in terms of road infrastructure and governance in general.

Roads in Rivers State are collapsing one after the other.

The painful thing is that nobody is doing anything about the deplorable states of these roads.

All the "roads" are very good in the media so what do you want to be done again and the rains are not helping matters.

Even the streetlights are going off e.g. airport road to obiri ikwerre interchange.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by Thisis2raw(m): 10:53pm On Aug 09, 2019
seanfer:

That day was a bad day at the Town hall area. Stray bullets hits so many people. I was at St Johns that day and I can’t forget how people were running. Wike didn’t do anything for that community except the substandard Iwofe/ wimpey road. I was at Aker road on Sunday and you need to see the road.
may God forgive Rumuorlumeni youths for that act cowardice

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by Litmus: 11:45pm On Aug 09, 2019
I know how ridiculous the following will sound but it is doable: we should put down metal roads. Just because it’s probably not happened before is no reason why we cant pioneer it. Nigeria is useless at maintenance and beside the high cost of constructing metal roads will be offset by longevity. Incidentally how are bridge roads constructed, I’ve not seen pot-holed bridge roads.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by sweetsell: 12:27am On Aug 10, 2019
That is to say Mr Project can not even maiantain projects previously constructed by the Amechi you all love to hate ba ?! It will be a delight when PDP finally ruined the SS to a shithole like the SE. No wonder every living soul can’t wait to evacuate that hellhole to states governed by APC in the SW.

jlinkd78:
Am an admirer of Wike especially in his boldness in speaking truth to power against d FG tyranny but I must confess that Wike has not done well in maintaining d aforementioned spots on those roads. The State govt needs to establish if not already there a well funded road maintenance agency that will be saddled with d responsibility of identifying these deplorable points on d road and nip it in d buds before escalating. Good to know that d Ada George by Location has been closed to traffic from Thursday yday for d fixing but it will be nice if extended to d oda hot spots. In fact this Op is a true Phc son and posts like this will add value to Nairaland not all these irrelevant posts filled with hate and tribal innuendos

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by 1shortblackboy: 3:11am On Aug 10, 2019
sweetsell:
That is to say Mr Project can not even maiantain projects previously constructed by the Amechi you all love to hate ba ?! It will be a delight when PDP finally ruined the SS to a shithole like the SE. No wonder every living soul can’t wait to evacuate that hellhole to states governed by APC in the SW.

u can just call for the repair of those roads without throwing in d usual APC and PDP nonsense it's uncalled for. Both parties have performing and underperforming governors. Stop being childish

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by seanfer(m): 6:13am On Aug 10, 2019
Thisis2raw:
may God forgive Rumuorlumeni youths for that act cowardice

They can’t change their ways and no development in their land. They hardly go out of the community.

7 Likes

Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by sweetsell: 6:27am On Aug 10, 2019
Is that to hide the failure Wike is or how do we now know a performing governor and the foolish governor Wike turned to overnight ? I see PDP supporters call out Buhari n APC over everything n I don’t see you telling them to talk about the shortcomings without mentioning their parties.

1shortblackboy:
u can just call for the repair of those roads without throwing in d usual APC and PDP nonsense it's uncalled for. Both parties have performing and underperforming governors. Stop being childish

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by Thisis2raw(m): 8:45am On Aug 10, 2019
seanfer:

They can’t change their ways and no development in their land. They hardly go out of the community.
you are wrong, they are a lot of my Rumuorlumeni brothers and sisters I meet daily here in Lagos, sometimes when I even go to other states

1 Like

Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by 1shortblackboy: 8:51am On Aug 10, 2019
sweetsell:
Is that to hide the failure Wike is or how do we now know a performing governor and the foolish governor Wike turned to overnight ? I see PDP supporters call out Buhari n APC over everything n I don’t see you telling them to talk about the shortcomings without mentioning their parties.

continue shouting APC and PDP o when una get sense Nigeria go better

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by sweetsell: 9:24am On Aug 10, 2019
Na now your day break ?! Where we u when PDP ruin Nigerian aground from the 16 years of locust sorrow n destruction.
1shortblackboy:
continue shouting APC and PDP o when una get sense Nigeria go better

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by 1shortblackboy: 9:30am On Aug 10, 2019
sweetsell:
Na now your day break ?! Where we u when PDP ruin Nigerian aground from the 16 years of locust sorrow n destruction.
16 years of PDP abi ? I don't eat propaganda. How many of the people who were in d PDP in those 16 years are now in the APC. like I said continue shouting APC and PDP when una ready Nigeria go better

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by sweetsell: 10:17am On Aug 10, 2019
How does that stopped the fact that PDP is cursed or prevent PDP from turning your red mud enclave into the shithole your family can’t wait to desert ?!
1shortblackboy:
16 years of PDP abi ? I don't eat propaganda. How many of the people who were in d PDP in those 16 years are now in the APC. like I said continue shouting APC and PDP when una ready Nigeria go better

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by Nobody: 10:17am On Aug 10, 2019
joeprince23:
Oyigbo my lga is the worst in rivers state

I doubt, I thought it has been fixed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by Nobody: 10:21am On Aug 10, 2019
Thisis2raw:

This is not the time to list losses of loyalty but time to work together.

Wike can't fix all at same time.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 10, 2019
sweetsell:

Even roads in lagos state is as bad as anything if not worse.

So don't sell that propaganda here.

Lagos roads is in no way good.

Is it not same apc that is governing there.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers State Residents Decry Deplorable Roads by sweetsell: 11:14am On Aug 10, 2019
Precisely what have been trying to explain to you n that is exactly why you Igbos can’t wait to leave igboland in drove and come to Lagos where the road is not beta. That is the level of foolishness in thought I witness from your kind daily on NL.

Osagyefo98:

Even roads in lagos state is as bad as anything if not worse.

So don't sell that propaganda here.

Lagos roads is in no way good.

Is it not same apc that is governing there.

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prof Ikonne Wins Abia PDP Governorship Ticket (Video) / Nigeria Student Faces Deportation After Terror Threats To UK University / People Defy Sit-at-home In Onitsha Anambra, Go About Their Christmas Activities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.