Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:26 PM

Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools (8002 Views)

Which Tribe Is The Most Populous In Delta Between Urhobos,ijaws And Aniomas? / 2023: Nigerians Will Rejoice Again, Okowa Assures / Enemy Within: Between Aniomas & Ikwerres (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by jafol(m): 6:01am On Aug 10, 2019
dreamworld:
Central Yoruba language is taught in achool in all Parr of Yorba speaking tribes in south west
The association of wailers were mourning when Ambode made universities in Lagos to start teaching Yoruba abeg no be them have almost 20 pages of comments then to wail n cry

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by dreamworld: 6:07am On Aug 10, 2019
jafol:

The association of wailers were mourning when Ambode made universities in Lagos to start teaching Yoruba abeg no be them have almost 20 pages of comments then to wail n cry
, the last time I checked Yoruba is taught in secondary school and primary school in lagos, maybe u should check again

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by cheruv: 7:13am On Aug 10, 2019
awgumayor:
nwike or wike is not an issue. In igbo, some people answer okpala while some spelled opala, nwagbala wagbala, all are the same depending on the area.
The spell the hausa and yoruba cast on the igbos is gradually fading away. It's a matter of time we unite and erase all those Rumu and return it to Umu.
The insult the great igbo race is receiving from those micro tribes in the ss is becoming unbearable.
Guy... Ikwerre of the obio/akpo and southern emohua areas use rụmụ for 孫 instead of ụmụ

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by Kingsley10000: 7:13am On Aug 10, 2019
awgumayor:
nwike or wike is not an issue. In igbo, some people answer okpala while some spelled opala, nwagbala wagbala, all are the same depending on the area.
The spell the hausa and yoruba cast on the igbos is gradually fading away. It's a matter of time we unite and erase all those Rumu and return it to Umu.
The insult the great igbo race is receiving from those micro tribes in the ss is becoming unbearable.
even wike has said that rivers state is not part of igboland.

http://saharareporters.com/2017/06/27/gov-wike-rivers-state-not-part-biafra

Goto streets of pH the only dialect widely spoken is English and pidgin unlike Asaba where greater percentage of the population speaks Igbo and bear Igbo names the same can't be said of Rivers

Nta Asaba and delta brocasting service has Igbo news section and several Igbo programs unlike Rivers(PH)
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by dreamworld: 7:23am On Aug 10, 2019
Kingsley10000:

Goto streets of pH the only dialect widely spoken is English and pidgin unlike Asaba where greater percentage of the population speaks Igbo and bear Igbo names the same can't be said of Rivers

Nta Asaba and delta brocasting service has Igbo news section and several Igbo programs unlike Rivers(PH)
rstv has ikewrre news which is a dialect of igbo,,,
Rivers remains partly igbo land as long as there are many igbo speaking tribes in rivers state, ,

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by ElsonMorali: 7:26am On Aug 10, 2019
How's this good? You want to erase the language of a people? Why? Can't their language coexist with yours? Na wa o
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by dreamworld: 7:30am On Aug 10, 2019
ElsonMorali:
How's this good? You want to erase the language of a people? Why? Can't their language coexist with yours? Na wa o
Just like central igbo is taught in south east that also have their divers igbo dialect the same is applied to igbo part of delta states that have their divers igbo dialects

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by ElsonMorali: 7:33am On Aug 10, 2019
dreamworld:

Just like central igbo is taught in south east that also have their divers igbo dialect the same is applied to igbo part of delta states that have their divers igbo dialects

I'm not saying that Igbo language shouldn't be taught in Anioma schools but why stop their own dialect? Can't both coexist?
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by dreamworld: 7:37am On Aug 10, 2019
ElsonMorali:

I'm not saying that Igbo language shouldn't be taught in Anioma schools but why stop their own dialect? Can't both coexist?
U don't get the gist, nobody stop them from speaking their own dialect,
For example in Yoruba land with different dialect, central Yoruba language is thought in schools , and not their local dialect
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by ElsonMorali: 7:41am On Aug 10, 2019
dreamworld:

U don't get the gist, nobody stop them from speaking their own dialect,
For example in Yoruba land with different dialect, central Yoruba language is thought in schools , and not their local dialect

Ok. Cool.
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by pinkPUSSY(f): 7:50am On Aug 10, 2019
Kingsley10000:

He never said Igbo.

Stop being clever by half..
He said Rivers is not part of Biafra which is not also different from Dav Umahi said.

4 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by true2god: 8:00am On Aug 10, 2019
helinues:
Not a bad idea.

Why studying foreign language like French, German without learning local neighbors language?
How is the Anioma (Igbo people) studying the language of their neighbour? How can a people who choose to study their native language officially become 'their neighbour'? You sound mischievous I swear.

3 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by helinues: 8:03am On Aug 10, 2019
true2god:
How is the Anioma (Igbo people) studying the language of their neighbour? How can a people who choose to study their native language officially become 'their neighbour'? You sound mischievous I swear.

The language is being introduced in all schools.. Are the Anioma the only tribe in Delta state?

You sound confused

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by awgumayor: 8:05am On Aug 10, 2019
Kingsley10000:

Nta Asaba and delta broscasting service has Igbo news section and several Igbo programs unlike Rivers(PH)
You must be a educated illiterate. I have gone through your reference and I did not see where wike said that Rivers state is not part of igboland. Even if he said so, he is just one in a million igbos in Rivers state who never aired their view. No matter how hard you insignificant micro tribes in ss try to twist or redraw the map of igboland, we the great igbo race will resist it by all means. When the time comes, we shall see.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by true2god: 8:11am On Aug 10, 2019
helinues:

The language is being introduced in all schools.. Are the Anioma the only tribe in Delta state?

You sound confused
Cool then, I thought the Igbo language is to be taught only in Anioma land and not all Delta schools. However, the fact still remains that the people who the Governor is talking to hear are the Aniomas and the same people clamoured for Igbo language to be taught in their schools. I don't think the Isokos, the Urhobos and the Ijaws of Delta state are into this 'project:.

2 Likes

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by helinues: 8:13am On Aug 10, 2019
true2god:
Cool then, I thought the Igbo language is to be taught only in Anioma land and not all Delta schools. However, the fact still remains that the people who the Governor is talking to hear are the Aniomas and the same people clamoured for Igbo language to be taught in their schools. I don't think the Isokos, the Urhobos and the Ijaws of Delta state are into this 'project:.

And you pretended as if you never mentioned me being mischievous earlier.. So nothing happened?
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by true2god: 8:15am On Aug 10, 2019
helinues:

And you pretended as if you never mentioned me being mischievous earlier.. So nothing happened?
My apologies!
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by helinues: 8:17am On Aug 10, 2019
true2god:
My apologies!

That's okay..

The governor already made the promises, other tribes have no say about it
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by awgumayor: 8:20am On Aug 10, 2019
true2god:
Gov Okowa is very intelligent. He knows that without this development, some of the dialects in anioma will go extinction as pigin English is dominating the region.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by true2god: 8:28am On Aug 10, 2019
awgumayor:
Gov Okowa is very intelligent. He knows that without this development, some of the dialects in anioma will go extinction as pigin English is dominating the region.
This trend is happening in all Igbo land where it has become a stigma if ones children speak Igbo language. This issue need to be addressed so that our local language don't go into extinction. The homes and the schools must reinforce the importance of their children learning their local dialects and the unifying central Igbo language. Almost all the Arabs I came across in Europe speak Arabic beside English or French. This is the only way the next generation can pass the torch to another generation and the language and the culture will be preserved.
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by jafol(m): 8:43am On Aug 10, 2019
dreamworld:

, the last time I checked Yoruba is taught in secondary school and primary school in lagos, maybe u should check again
So why r ur Igbo brothers n sisters wailing then about ambode
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by jafol(m): 8:50am On Aug 10, 2019
awgumayor:
You must be a educated illiterate. I have gone through your reference and I did not see where wike said that Rivers state is not part of igboland. Even if he said so, he is just one in a million igbos in Rivers state who never aired their view[b]. No matter how hard you insignificant micro tribes in ss try to twist or redraw the map of igboland, we the great igbo race will resist it by all means. When the time comes, we shall see.
[/b]

Lol igbos n chestbeating after all the talk no action will come out shishi u will not hear . Loud orofo
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by awgumayor: 9:01am On Aug 10, 2019
jafol:

The igbo brothers and sisters wailing were wailing out of ignorance. I supported what Ambode did because if I have the opportunity I will do the same thing. Igbo parents in lagos and othe yoruba states should speak and teach igbo language to their children. There is nothing wrong for someone learning the language of the land he lives in.
The problem is that a lot of parents in lagos don't like to teach or speak igbo language to their children, they like communicate with English thinking that education is all about speaking English.
Any time you leave Nigeria and join your brothers abroad is when you will know the important of one's original language.

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by dreamworld: 9:02am On Aug 10, 2019
jafol:

He made yoruba language compulsory in a federal university which is a bad idea , ,,
Not even possible in the east

1 Like

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by jafol(m): 9:04am On Aug 10, 2019
dreamworld:

He made yoruba language compulsory in a federal university which is a bad idea , ,,

Federal university located in southwest right? Funny thing is that you igbos will not see anything wrong if it happens in Nsukka
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by dreamworld: 9:08am On Aug 10, 2019
jafol:

Federal university located in southwest right? Funny thing is that you igbos will not see anything wrong if it happens in Nsukka
I said it's not possible in the east
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by dreamworld: 9:09am On Aug 10, 2019
awgumayor:
The igbo brothers and sisters wailing were wailing out of ignorance. I supported what Ambode did because if I have the opportunity I will do the same thing. Igbo parents in lagos and othe yoruba states should speak and teach igbo language to their children. There is nothing wrong for someone learning the language of the land he lives in.
The problem is that a lot of parents in lagos don't like to teach or speak igbo language to their children, they like communicate with English thinking that education is all about speaking English.
Any time you leave Nigeria and join your brothers abroad is when you will know the important of one's original language.
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by jafol(m): 9:14am On Aug 10, 2019
dreamworld:

I said it's not possible in the east

Liar I won’t be surprised if you all made it compulsory
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by dreamworld: 9:21am On Aug 10, 2019
jafol:

Liar I won’t be surprised if you all made it compulsory
You can create your scenario and believe whatever makes u happy, ok? ,
But for now it's not possible and never will it be
, if you are an educated person u should know what university is, ,people from different background comes together to study diffeeret courses, a descipline, a career, ,
Unless u are not,, u can't come to engineering department and force them to offer yoruba or igBo or else they will carry over the course, ,
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by jafol(m): 9:24am On Aug 10, 2019
dreamworld:

You can create your scenario and believe whatever makes u happy, ok? ,
But for now it's not possible and never will it be
, if you are an educated person u should know what university is, ,people from different background comes together to study diffeeret courses, a descipline, a career, ,
Unless u are not,,

I don’t believe anything Coming from an illiterate like u lol
Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by nextdoor84(m): 9:26am On Aug 10, 2019
A welcome development by Gov. Okowa! Patiently waiting for wike to institute the same in Igboid Rivers. God bless Umu Igbo worldwide. Proudly Nwa Ekpeye.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ifeanyi Okowa Assures Aniomas Of Igbo Language Studies In Schools by adekolaelect(m): 9:30am On Aug 10, 2019
SLAP44:

You're fulani, your opinion don't count on this. (He will start using Google to translate igbo now) grin
it is now easy for you to quickly attack him but you were the master of masturbators negatively when this issues of language was moved in Lagos state .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mubarak Bala Faces Death Calls After Comparing TB Joshua With Prophet Muhammed / Yar’adua Approves Higher Electricity Tariff / Awolowo’s Dynasty Cannot Be Rubbished - H.I.D. Awolowo Tells Tinubu And Co

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.