Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,176 members, 7,780,230 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:08 AM

6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Soursop - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Soursop (23491 Views)

Outstanding Benefits Of Soursop Leaves That You Don't Know / 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Garden Egg Leaf Juice And Side Effects / Facts, Health Benefits, And Side Effects Of Soursop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Soursop by hitng2: 1:38pm On Aug 09, 2019
1. Relieves Respiratory Distress

If you are struggling with a cough, cold, or other forms of the respiratory ailment, then soursop’s anti-inflammatory properties can help clear out your airways, relieve congestion, and soothe irritation. Soursop is a reliable way to eliminate phlegm and mucus, where many pathogens can live. By reducing inflammation of the nasal cavities and respiratory tracts, it can also speed healing.

2. Treats Insomnia

Soursop tea has been used as a stress relieving strategy for centuries. There are certain anti-inflammatory and soothing properties of soursop that make it very effective if you are suffering from excessive stress and anxiety.

Stress hormones in the body can be detrimental and can mess with your natural metabolic cycles, as well as your sleep schedule. If you’re suffering from insomnia or restless sleep, soursop tea is a wise choice.

3. Skin Care

You can make the seeds of the soursop fruit into a powder, which can then be formulated into a skin astringent, helping you reduce lines and wrinkles, and improving the appearance of age spots and blemishes.

Apply this paste to the affected areas regularly and enjoy a healthier skin, while also protecting yourself from bacterial and microbial infections.

4. Prevents Cancer

This fruit has been directly linked to cancer prevention and a reduction in the size of tumors.

They can apparently cut off blood flow to foreign or non-normal cellular growths, and have already been positively associated with treating breast, pancreatic, prostate, and lung cancers.

5. Boosts Immunity

Protecting the immune system is one of the most important components of a healthy diet and fitness regimen. Adding a bit of soursop fruit to your diet, either through refreshing beverages or desserts, can positively impact your overall health.

Rich in vitamin C, this fruit stimulates the production of white blood cells, while the concentration of antioxidants helps to neutralize free radicals and prevent chronic disease.

6. Improves Gastrointestinal Health

Being rich in vitamin C, soursop was used for many years as a natural remedy for scurvy and dysentery.

The juice of the soursop fruit can also be a very effective diuretic as it can cleanse the gastrointestinal tract and remove excess toxins and salts from the body.

Its anti-inflammatory components, including the alkaloids and quinolones, can reduce parasites in the gut and alleviate any pain or irritation in the stomach or colon.

https://www.hitng.info/2019/08/6-amazing-health-benefits-of-soursop.html

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Soursop by twinskenny(m): 4:38pm On Aug 09, 2019
good

1 Like

Re: 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Soursop by Cryomancer: 4:39pm On Aug 09, 2019
Op the list is not complete please.

Soursop + Watermelon + Cucumber + Groundnut + Ginger + Lemon (All blended together with blender) = Best sexual performance booster

Soursop + Honey= Increases the libido

Try it and thank me later.

45 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Soursop by rainmoredays: 4:39pm On Aug 09, 2019
I doubt

1 Like

Re: 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Soursop by careytommy37(m): 4:39pm On Aug 09, 2019
tongue
Re: 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Soursop by SolarKing247: 4:39pm On Aug 09, 2019
Its leaves when broiled and drank, effective remedy for cancer.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Soursop by lordpherow98(m): 4:40pm On Aug 09, 2019
Am I the only one who hasn't tasted this?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Soursop by Aieboocaar(m): 4:41pm On Aug 09, 2019
The kpako pronunciation is CHOWANSHOP grin

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Soursop by omolakaka(m): 4:41pm On Aug 09, 2019
That's what most of you call shower shop grin grin

16 Likes

Re: 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Soursop by perpeling22(f): 4:41pm On Aug 09, 2019
Showanshop. As formerly called when I was a kid

6 Likes

Re: 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Soursop by manitoba(m): 4:41pm On Aug 09, 2019
Hmm!
Re: 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Soursop by dewuyiebun: 4:42pm On Aug 09, 2019
Infact I can testify to is usefulness
Re: 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Soursop by richmind2019(m): 4:42pm On Aug 09, 2019
Sour soup ke'

11 Likes

Re: 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Soursop by Lagbaja01(m): 4:43pm On Aug 09, 2019
Aloe Vera and moringa comes to mind grin

2 Likes

Re: 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Soursop by PapaAdanna: 4:43pm On Aug 09, 2019
Good

Wish I can summon courage to be taking this particular fruit like I did with water melon and cucumber.

I must win it someday

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Soursop by kilisi(m): 4:43pm On Aug 09, 2019
I've read it too that it can slow down the growth of cancerous cells and HBV
Re: 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Soursop by pps1759(m): 4:45pm On Aug 09, 2019
Very surplus in the east

8 Likes

Re: 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Soursop by Jossyroyal1: 4:46pm On Aug 09, 2019
cheesy

Before now, if you asked me to spell this, I wouldn't have been able to spell it...

If I were to spell as pronounced, this is what I will get, shawashure....

8 Likes

Re: 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Soursop by sonnie10: 4:46pm On Aug 09, 2019
lordpherow98:
Am I the only one who hasn't tasted this?
Almost all Igbos have tasted the fruit

6 Likes

Re: 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Soursop by chigoziri2403(m): 4:46pm On Aug 09, 2019
It has extra high level of vitamin c,
End it and drink with pure honey and forget about hospitals
Re: 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Soursop by OpinionCounts(m): 4:46pm On Aug 09, 2019
I love this fruit so much and I consume it a lot. But the only problem is that it is very expensive. It ranges between 600 to 1500 for one depending on the size.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Soursop by eghuan1(m): 4:47pm On Aug 09, 2019
Cryomancer:

Soursop + Watermelon + Cucumber + Groundnut + Ginger + Lemon (All blended together with blender) = Best sexual performance booster

Why is everything always about sexual performance with Africans?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Soursop by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 09, 2019
This is one of my best fruits
Its seriously medicinal
I love it

1 Like

Re: 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Soursop by teelarryberry(m): 4:47pm On Aug 09, 2019
Aieboocaar:
The kpako pronunciation is CHOWANSHOP grin

grin grin angry grin grin u be real comedian ,,I just cracked my ribs ,,,
Now I have too go patch it ,, lol gosh.

3 Likes

Re: 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Soursop by franzis(m): 4:48pm On Aug 09, 2019
Cryomancer:

just on top sex alone ?...Na wa oooo

3 Likes

Re: 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Soursop by wilcox(m): 4:50pm On Aug 09, 2019
One of my best fruit
Re: 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Soursop by nickxtra(m): 4:51pm On Aug 09, 2019
I like chopping it. It's acidic taste makes it and guava my favourite fruits
Re: 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Soursop by okeniti: 4:52pm On Aug 09, 2019
How much does it cost in the east?

pps1759:
Very surplus in the east
Re: 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Soursop by okeniti: 4:55pm On Aug 09, 2019
Guanabana en espanol.
Re: 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Soursop by mastermaestro(m): 4:55pm On Aug 09, 2019
eghuan1:

Why is everything always about sexual performance with Africans?

Thanks for your apt observation. It is impossible for Nigerians to recommend a fruit or drug without making mention of its sex-enhancing properties.

4 Likes

Re: 6 Amazing Health Benefits Of Soursop by Kelklein(m): 4:56pm On Aug 09, 2019
I thought I read Sour Soup

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Coronavirus: Iran's Health Ministry Calls To Cancel Friday Prayers / 7 Possible Reasons Why Your Gum Bleeds / Lagos Distributes 1500 Sterilising Kits To Barbers, Cosmetologists (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.