Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,136 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:53 AM

Soldier Assaults A Girl Wearing “Camo” In Ogun (Photos) - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Soldier Assaults A Girl Wearing “Camo” In Ogun (Photos) (66760 Views)

Soldiers Harass Man Wearing Camo Shorts, Force Him To Take It Off And Tear It / SARS Assaults A Boy And His Mother In Edo (Photos) / Soldier Assaults Electric Official While Carrying Out His Duty In Kaduna. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Soldier Assaults A Girl Wearing “Camo” In Ogun (Photos) by obentenyson(m): 10:14pm On Aug 09, 2019
that soldier get colour blindness.. that one na Camo?
Re: Soldier Assaults A Girl Wearing “Camo” In Ogun (Photos) by GeoAfrikana(m): 10:18pm On Aug 09, 2019
silibaba:
I stayed in ghana and Algeria for over 2years and was rocking camouflage anyhow.
For once, I never set my eyes on soldier. I was told they are always inside barrack.
Since I came to nigeria, my people warn me not to put it on. So I just pack am keep till I leave this country.
See the pic below

Firstly, in Nigeria wearing camo is constitutionally illegal. People need to assimilate that. Anyone who has a problem with that should channel his grievances to the right place.

Secondly, there's nothing wrong in military moving around town. The only thing is that they shouldn't go with their guns so as not to intimidate civilians. And to be frank, those soldiers don't cross your lane na, they just bounce gallantly in their camo and their women catwalk in their camo. I personally have a distaste for the swagz of female soldiers. It is lousy civilians that always go and cross their lane.

And one thing about soldiers is that they always try to avoid fighting unjustly because it can bring serious punishment for them in the barracks. It's just that you people won't be informed that they're being punished. So soldiers don't look for trouble.

And even when someone offends them, immediately you show remorse and apologize they leave. But no, bigger will always want to show ego. Lawyer will start saying jargons, teacher will be saying grammar and fineboy will be forming swagger instead of apologizing after doing the wrong thing.

In my opinion, soldiers are the best people you can deal with. They're straightforward and not dubious and hypocritic like some police officers. Only crazy people have Problems with them.
Re: Soldier Assaults A Girl Wearing “Camo” In Ogun (Photos) by Nobody: 10:26pm On Aug 09, 2019
GeoAfrikana:

You just had to buttress your weak arguments with insults.

No, the Nigerian Army are not bullies, it's irresponsible civilians that don't know how to stick to simple legislation.

Military camo is illegal. There's Ankara, lace, silk, brocade, jeans, chinos many more but they still want to wear camo. For what reason? Just tell me what people want to do with camo?

They want to claim what they don't have. Even lawyers won't take it lightly with you if you steal their identity. No profession will. Not even transport workers. Let alone National security office.

You people need enlightenment. Stop playing victims after calling doom upon yourself.

See why I said your thinking is backward?
Every army man or woman has an ID card for identification. How's camo their identity?

In many countries in Africa, with more competent armed forces, camo is worn freely as part of solidarity with their armies. A way of saying "I acknowledge you"

In the USA and in Europe, camo is also worn freely. So you tell me if that rat wasn't a bloody sadist, how come he beat up a lady that wore something that doesn't even look like a military uniform? Is orange color part of the colors on camo.

If you're a military man, sorry, I'm very sure you're part of the army men daily terrorizing civillians in this country. Your thinking is not just backward. You are backward.

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Assaults A Girl Wearing “Camo” In Ogun (Photos) by GeoAfrikana(m): 10:37pm On Aug 09, 2019
Chi59:

Every army man or woman has an ID card for identification. How's camo their identity?

In many countries in Africa, with more competent armed forces, camo is worn freely as part of solidarity with their armies. A way of saying "I acknowledge you"

In the USA and in Europe, camo is also worn freely. So you tell me if that rat wasn't a bloody sadist, how come he beat up a lady that wore something that doesn't even look like a military uniform? Is orange color part of the colors on camo.

If you're a military man, sorry, I'm very sure you're part of the army men daily terrorizing civillians in this country. Your thinking is not just backward. You are backward.

No, I'm not a military man.

If you think camo shouldn't be illegal you're free to write a petition and seek redress through the appropriate channel.
At least the most important thing to you now is to wear camo.

For now, camo remains illegal. That's the law of this country right now. Deal with it.
Re: Soldier Assaults A Girl Wearing “Camo” In Ogun (Photos) by VolvoS60(m): 10:37pm On Aug 09, 2019
GeoAfrikana:

Firstly, in Nigeria wearing camo is constitutionally illegal. People need to assimilate that. Anyone who has a problem with that should channel his grievances to the right place.

Secondly, there's nothing wrong in military moving around town. The only thing is that they shouldn't go with their guns so as not to intimidate civilians. And to be frank, those soldiers don't cross your lane na, they just bounce gallantly in their camo and their women catwalk in their camo. I personally have a distaste for the swagz of female soldiers. It is lousy civilians that always go and cross their lane.

And one thing about soldiers is that they always try to avoid fighting unjustly because it can bring serious punishment for them in the barracks. It's just that you people won't be informed that they're being punished. So soldiers don't look for trouble.

And even when someone offends them, immediately you show remorse and apologize they leave. But no, bigger will always want to show ego. Lawyer will start saying jargons, teacher will be saying grammar and fineboy will be forming swagger instead of apologizing after doing the wrong thing.

In my opinion, soldiers are the best people you can deal with. They're straightforward and not dubious and hypocritic like some police officers. Only crazy people have Problems with them.

^^^

grin

Obviously trolling - and doing a poor job of it too...

3 Likes

Re: Soldier Assaults A Girl Wearing “Camo” In Ogun (Photos) by Nobody: 10:52pm On Aug 09, 2019
expert234:
Please Oga soja, abuse these bloody civilians all you want. They are stupid set of people with no sense at all.

Some of your colleagues murdered police men sent to arrest a kidnapper, who was abusing these thoughtless civilians so that the spate of kidnapping can reduce or even stop.

Well, the bloody civilians, who were supposed to join the police in bringing your Ogas to book, decided to shout down the police.

They are bunch of idiots that have misplaced their priorities.

So, Oga soja, abuse them, beat them, oppress and harass them. They can't do anything. They will only shout and comment and react online. After that, nothing else will happen.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Assaults A Girl Wearing “Camo” In Ogun (Photos) by Nobody: 10:56pm On Aug 09, 2019
I sense colour blindness

1 Like

Re: Soldier Assaults A Girl Wearing “Camo” In Ogun (Photos) by bennynaza(m): 11:14pm On Aug 09, 2019
SirL0neWolf:
Lool at this idiot, how is that a cammo shirt?

If you check very well now this fool is rankless and less than a private.

Omo any soldier that try this kind of rubbish with me, I'll burst your head and discharge. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: Soldier Assaults A Girl Wearing “Camo” In Ogun (Photos) by aishatmusah(f): 11:25pm On Aug 09, 2019
Gistring:
A girl has been left with serious bruises after being assaulted by a military officer who accused her of putting on a camouflage top.

The incident happened, today, in Sango Otta, Ogun State. The lady works at Nipco filling station and the soldier was there to buy fuel, when he spotted and assaulted her.

See more photos here; http://gistmore.com/soldier-viciously-assaults-a-girl-wearing-camo

OMG!!! I would stop wearing Deir camouflage
Re: Soldier Assaults A Girl Wearing “Camo” In Ogun (Photos) by hybridblood07(m): 11:32pm On Aug 09, 2019
All this young soldiers will just be disgracing us all. He should transferred to S.I.B for discipline.
Gistring:
A girl has been left with serious bruises after being assaulted by a military officer who accused her of putting on a camouflage top.

The incident happened, today, in Sango Otta, Ogun State. The lady works at Nipco filling station and the soldier was there to buy fuel, when he spotted and assaulted her.

See more photos here; http://gistmore.com/soldier-viciously-assaults-a-girl-wearing-camo
Re: Soldier Assaults A Girl Wearing “Camo” In Ogun (Photos) by expert234: 11:59pm On Aug 09, 2019
Felixamos:

Typical dumb Nigerian.

Your suffering, oppression, intimidation and harrassment in the hands of soldiers and police will continue until you strart standing for what is right and stop misplacing your priorities.

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Assaults A Girl Wearing “Camo” In Ogun (Photos) by Dedetwo(m): 12:51am On Aug 10, 2019
Gistring:

Nigeria is a forsaken zoo.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Assaults A Girl Wearing “Camo” In Ogun (Photos) by davillian(m): 1:35am On Aug 10, 2019
Idiots
All soldiers reading this are idiots and uneducated bastards.
Is this even a Nigerian camouflage?
I'm sure if you ask those idiots they don't even know the kind of camouflage that is on the black t shirt....
Developed countries are happy the citizens puts on their countries camouflage but in Nigeria these in educated idiots.
See is as an offence.

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Assaults A Girl Wearing “Camo” In Ogun (Photos) by samtiyelov1(m): 4:10am On Aug 10, 2019
spyg1:
I have messed up so many times where there are soldiers, I have discovered that they are not that harsh provided you're feel remorseful when you offend them. But show them say you be fine boy or fine girl or na me be dis. that time you go hearam.

I don't understand your grammar. what variety of English is this?

2 Likes

Re: Soldier Assaults A Girl Wearing “Camo” In Ogun (Photos) by alphaNomega: 5:15am On Aug 10, 2019
9jaRealist:
How’s that military camo? shocked

Yet they will see Wizkid in army-green camo and not do jack (except beg him for money). Anyway, on another thread some NLers were arguing that it is OK for military people to do as they please so long as they had ‘warned’ you, and that some privileged Nigerians has more rights than the rest of the population, so I am not completely surprised at these sorts of behavior. SMH
>

It is in our constitution that civilians should not use military fatigue, and anything in likeness of it except for

1. entertainment (that is why your wizkid only wears in on stage and actors wear it during movies) and;

2. Political events, exclusive to certain political office holders e.g. heads of state (that is why GEJ could be seen wearing military uniform on some occasions even though he was never a soldier)

That being said, what that lady wore is not exactly our military uniform but a likeness of it. The soldier is within his constitutional right here.
Re: Soldier Assaults A Girl Wearing “Camo” In Ogun (Photos) by alphaNomega: 5:19am On Aug 10, 2019
chinchonglee:

So how is dis ur talk related to d fact that the girl wasnt actually putting on a CAMO

Abi u nd Nigeria Army dey mad nii

He shuld come to my hood nd try dis shit na.

If you read the part of the constitution (this same constitution that has been causing troubles for us and made a civil war happen in the 60s) that says DO NOT WEAR MILITARY UNIFORM OR ANYTHING WEY RESEMBLE AM, you would realise the soldier is within his right.
Re: Soldier Assaults A Girl Wearing “Camo” In Ogun (Photos) by alphaNomega: 5:23am On Aug 10, 2019
Kyrx:
He looks so meek, it ain't just about look anyways. Looks at times are so deceiving.

That cloth up there with less than 15% camo design ain't even got the look of NA Camo. That's just too wicked, there might be underlying reasons for his actions, but whatever it is, his actions is so condemnable and unjustifiable.

In a sane country where things work, he would be charged with assault and do some times behind bar.

I really wish the lady would get justice to teach others like him some lessons.

Even if it was only the breast pocket or collar of your dress that has Nigerian military camo design on it, please do not use it.

It is in our constitution for heaven's sake, use this opportunity to read it.

Also remember a certain group of people fought with their blood to change things like this, it even caused a civil war but our fathers said " No, one Nigeria!"
Re: Soldier Assaults A Girl Wearing “Camo” In Ogun (Photos) by alphaNomega: 5:25am On Aug 10, 2019
MaNyEsq:
This is another sad event in the life of an everyday Nigerian. The arrant behavior of military personnel against innocent civilians is nothing to write home about. Their humiliation and dehumanization of citizens for no legitimate reason have reached a crescendo in absurdity. Assuming that the young lady was actually wearing a camo, is there a law -other than a civilian wearing military uniform- against wearing a civilian camo? And by the way who gave the "korofo" the responsibility to police and assault anyone that ran afoul of the law if any exists? It seems like any one who puts on a military uniform assumes he's above the law and has the right to abuse any civilian that he encounters. This is just wrong and I hope that the law makers would address these abuses that are meted out to citizens.

Even the civilian camo thing you wrote about is stated in the constitution, read it again. The soldier is not wrong.
Re: Soldier Assaults A Girl Wearing “Camo” In Ogun (Photos) by alphaNomega: 5:29am On Aug 10, 2019
silibaba:
I stayed in ghana and Algeria for over 2years and was rocking camouflage anyhow.
For once, I never set my eyes on soldier. I was told they are always inside barrack.
Since I came to nigeria, my people warn me not to put it on. So I just pack am keep till I leave this country.
See the pic below

You have good people.
Re: Soldier Assaults A Girl Wearing “Camo” In Ogun (Photos) by alphaNomega: 5:34am On Aug 10, 2019
Mightyhaiz:
Lol,see image laundering. All I can tell u ,assuming this story is genuine is that,..u never jam

Truly the way you interact with a soldier can extinguish a potentially embarrassing situation. They are different and better from your Nigeria police, quote me anywhere.

The situation could have gone south if the fashion designer took a more apprehensive stance.
Re: Soldier Assaults A Girl Wearing “Camo” In Ogun (Photos) by alphaNomega: 5:37am On Aug 10, 2019
Nigeriadondie:

You are very dumb and mad to make this comment. May you go thru worse in the hands of the military. I can see u are an asslicker of military cowards who are strong with civilians but be crying like babies of lack of weapons when they see BH. Do you think this little girl would do anything to provoke that dog in uniform. Keep asslicking military men the day they humiliate u or the slowpoke that caused ur birth wud be d day you cease to spew this rubbish u just commented

You should calm your nerves, the young man is right.

In Nigeria this is the way the soldiers behave so unless you want to keep provoking them 24/7, feel free to wear their uniform or any material with camo design while putting your for down to tell them it is for fashion. They willnuse you for vanishing.

Perhaps you have not read the Nigerian constitution, look it up.

In American schools, children under the age of 12 are taught their constitution and know their rights. What we have here is Social studies and Civic education were they tell you Mungo Park discovered River Niger and how to obey traffic lights...nothing about the constitution or other important issues.
Re: Soldier Assaults A Girl Wearing “Camo” In Ogun (Photos) by alphaNomega: 5:41am On Aug 10, 2019
Abagworo:
Why should she wear military camouflage?

Probably did not know it is illegal in Nigeria, maybe she is from another country.
Re: Soldier Assaults A Girl Wearing “Camo” In Ogun (Photos) by alphaNomega: 5:42am On Aug 10, 2019
Nigeriadondie:

So from your tales this little girl was arrogant that warranted the soldier to assault this poor little girl. If you are jutifying what this dog in the uniform did then I praynsame happens to your sister

Well, we cannot say what happened during their encounter to know if the lady was arrogant or not. The Nigerian constitution justifies what the soldier did. Read it.
Re: Soldier Assaults A Girl Wearing “Camo” In Ogun (Photos) by alphaNomega: 5:46am On Aug 10, 2019
planetx:
Camo that is sold and worn openly in the greatest military power the US is the one the army of a third world shithole carry for head like gala lol.

When in Rome, do like the Romans.
Re: Soldier Assaults A Girl Wearing “Camo” In Ogun (Photos) by alphaNomega: 5:47am On Aug 10, 2019
obentenyson:
that soldier get colour blindness.. that one na Camo?

It is not colour blindness, it is the Nigerian constitution.
Re: Soldier Assaults A Girl Wearing “Camo” In Ogun (Photos) by alphaNomega: 5:49am On Aug 10, 2019
GeoAfrikana:

Aptly put! You are a good man.

1 Like

Re: Soldier Assaults A Girl Wearing “Camo” In Ogun (Photos) by Fourwinds: 5:52am On Aug 10, 2019
shogsman:
In the wake of series of ordeal that has befall the Nigerian army,this idiot is still exercising power over a girl.
Re: Soldier Assaults A Girl Wearing “Camo” In Ogun (Photos) by Mightyhaiz: 5:53am On Aug 10, 2019
alphaNomega:

Truly the way you interact with a soldier can extinguish a potentially embarrassing situation. They are different and better from your Nigeria police, quote me anywhere.

The situation could have gone south if the fashion designer took a more apprehensive stance.
well,I avoid them entirely like plague,how can one start to interact with irrational ppl that are bent to intimidating and harassing u for no just cause?.. Thx for the advice tho
Re: Soldier Assaults A Girl Wearing “Camo” In Ogun (Photos) by alphaNomega: 5:54am On Aug 10, 2019
Chi59:

It is obvious you have never read Nigeria's constitution. Avail yourself the opportunity to read it so you stop embarrassing yourself on the internet. Like you, I used to have problems with this but seeing it clearly stated in our laws it is better you follow it.

If you think it is ridiculous and needs to be changed, no one is stopping you from starting a political career and working your way up to the upper chambers to have these changed.

Last time some people tried it, we had a civil war.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Police Give Food To Gracious David West, Port Harcourt Serial Killer / EFCC Arrests Proprietor, Students of Yahoo Yahoo School (photos) / Man Kills His Girlfriend For Dumping Him (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.