Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,568 members, 7,809,070 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:19 PM

What Are The Career Options For An English Graduate. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / What Are The Career Options For An English Graduate. (949 Views)

Career Options: Should I Leave My Teaching Job To Be A Driver? / What Are The Career Options For A Lawyer Migrating From Nigeria To Canada? / Please What Are The Career Options For Those Writing PLAB (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Career Options For An English Graduate. by Slimzzy00: 11:06am On Aug 10, 2019
i see English language as an unprofessional course and many graduates i know later end up doing something unrelated to english language. what are my chances in the labour market when i graduate?
Re: What Are The Career Options For An English Graduate. by 40secondsguy(m): 12:31pm On Aug 11, 2019
You could become an English teacher or a lecturer undecided
Re: What Are The Career Options For An English Graduate. by Slimzzy00: 3:02pm On Aug 12, 2019
40secondsguy:
You could become an English teacher or a lecturer undecided

teaching is not my thing. I'd have go for English education if i have a flair for teaching.
Re: What Are The Career Options For An English Graduate. by pocohantas(f): 8:59pm On Aug 12, 2019
Find this school and save the innocent kids trapped there...

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Career Options For An English Graduate. by Abcruz(m): 10:09pm On Aug 12, 2019
Slimzzy00:
i see English language as an unprofessional course and many graduates i know later end up doing something unrelated to english language. what are my chances in the labour market when i graduate?

You can engage in research writing or develop a skill on computational linguistic and work as a freelancer.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Career Options For An English Graduate. by Slimzzy00: 9:24am On Sep 11, 2019
Abcruz:

You can engage in research writing or develop a skill on computational linguistic and work as a freelancer.

could you train me on these?
Re: What Are The Career Options For An English Graduate. by Abcruz(m): 1:42pm On Sep 11, 2019
Slimzzy00:

could you train me on these?

Which one do you prefer?
Re: What Are The Career Options For An English Graduate. by Slimzzy00: 10:47pm On Oct 01, 2019
Abcruz:

Which one do you prefer?

I prefer research writing but I wouldn't mind if you can teach computational linguistic also.
Re: What Are The Career Options For An English Graduate. by MrAlert(m): 7:33am On Oct 02, 2019
Slimzzy00:
Information marketing. Why not write about a solution to a problem, and sell to a hungry audience? In general make a career out of writing.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Career Options For An English Graduate. by Abcruz(m): 12:34pm On Oct 02, 2019
Slimzzy00:

I prefer research writing but I wouldn't mind if you can teach computational linguistic also.

I will advice you to concentrate your efforts on the research writing. If indeed you're serious to learn research writing you can start by watching YouTube tutorials and also download this ebook:

https://www.pdfdrive.com/manual-for-writers-of-research-papers-theses-and-chicago-guides-to-writing-editing-and-dissertations-8th-edition-e174389951.html

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Career Options For An English Graduate. by Slimzzy00: 7:21pm On Oct 02, 2019
Abcruz:

I will advice you to concentrate your efforts on the research writing. If indeed you're serious to learn research writing you can start by watching YouTube tutorials and also download this ebook:

https://www.pdfdrive.com/manual-for-writers-of-research-papers-theses-and-chicago-guides-to-writing-editing-and-dissertations-8th-edition-e174389951.html

Good luck!

thanks bro! I really appreciate.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Career Options For An English Graduate. by northbird: 11:29pm On Oct 02, 2019
@ op, several options.

Depends on how good you are.

Sales& marketing

Public relations /advertising firms.

NGOs/ communication officer

Media houses, if you can develop ur presentation skills

(1) (Reply)

How We Going To Raise Over 100 Millionaires in forex. / Experts Tailors Needed / Information On British Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.