Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,842 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

Man Rushed To Icu Just 2 Days After He Had Haircut, Here’s Why He Sued The Salon - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Man Rushed To Icu Just 2 Days After He Had Haircut, Here’s Why He Sued The Salon (306 Views)

COVID-19: Two Wuhan Doctors Turn Black After Spending Weeks In ICU (Photos) / Man Rushed To Hospital After Being Impaled By Rod In His Stomach (Graphic Pics) / Man Rushed To Hospital With Big Nail In His Throat In Kano Looks Calm. Graphic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Man Rushed To Icu Just 2 Days After He Had Haircut, Here’s Why He Sued The Salon by Dentalgist: 1:06pm On Aug 10, 2019
It’s something we all do on a regular basis. The time where your hair is just too messy, too long, generally out of control, or you’re just in need of a new look. You’re starting to look and feel a bit like a person who has gone to seed and it’s time to visit the salon to get your hair taken care of by someone who knows what they’re doing.

So when Dave Tyler, a father of two and successful sound engineer, went to Headmasters Salon in Brighton, England, he had no idea that his health and his life were about to go off the rails. All because of a haircut

As Tyler was attended to by the technicians, they bent his head backward in order to give him a full shampoo and wash. His neck was fully extended back for many minutes, pressed up against the porcelain sink. At the end of the appointment, Tyler didn’t feel any different, except for the new look.

But two days later during a business meeting, he suddenly collapsed.

As he told the Daily Mail, “I felt the whole side of my body go numb and while waiting for the ambulance my eyes went ping and started rolling. This made me nauseous so I was sick.” Even worse, when he tried to drink some water to help calm himself, he couldn’t swallow and vomited. “Because I wasn’t able to swallow, I ingested some of the vomit into my lungs and developed pneumonia.”

Tyler was rushed to the hospital, where doctors realized that he was suffering from a stroke. Once he had been stabilized, a neurologist asked him the very unusual question: “Have you had your hair cut recently?” as Tyler shared with the Mail. Then a bell rang for the confused man. He told the doctors about his recent visit to Headmasters.

According to the Mail, “doctors told Mr. Tyler that he had suffered an initial blood clot in the salon which had given him the headaches. The clot burst two days later, sending lots of smaller clots into his brain – blocking the blood supply and causing a stroke, known as a lateral medullary syndrome.”

But how could leaning back for a head wash lead to a deadly blood clot? Medical experts believe that when a person leans back into the sink, they can hyperextend the main artery that runs from the spine to the brain. The artery can be blocked or even torn by this movement, leading to blood clots that cut off the blood supply to the brain.

https://dentalgist.ng/man-rushed-to-icu-just-2-days-after-he-had-haircut-heres-why-he-sued-the-salon

cc:
dominique
lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Breakthrough: Woman And Son Cured Of Ebola In Congo / Any Doctor Residing In Ibadan / The 7 Strangest Diseases Ever

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.