Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,664 members, 7,801,919 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:58 AM

What Is Faith? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is Faith? (4575 Views)

The Pioneers (Fathers) Of The Christian Faith In Nigeria / Is Faith Incompatible With Reason? / Word Of Faith:what Is Faith? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Faith? by Joagbaje(m): 3:34am On Oct 31, 2010
@thehomer
thehomer:

@ Joagbaje

Your reference to the Bible seems to me to be a part of the problem. I've seen this sort of response as some sort of definition of faith.
If we were to broaden "seen" to imply something like "perceive" or "detect", then I hope the problem becomes clearer. What I mean is, how can you speak of evidence with regards to what one has not detected or perceived in any way?

There's different between seen by the senses and seen by faith. You perceive by faith and not the senses.faith may not agree with physical fact but yet it is a tangible substance.

2 Corinthians 5:7
7( For we walk by faith, not by sightsmiley 

2 Corinthians 4:18
18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen[ are] temporal; but the things which are not seen[ are] eternal. 
Re: What Is Faith? by chyz1: 5:10am On Oct 31, 2010
Faith= hope & belief
Re: What Is Faith? by Joagbaje(m): 8:04am On Oct 31, 2010
chyz1:

Faith= hope & belief
Hope is in the future but faith is in the now
Re: What Is Faith? by 9ether: 9:08am On Oct 31, 2010
ur faith is as strong as ur imagination, 4xample i av "faith dat pigz can fly", faith has nothing 2 do with divinity. when religion tells u 2 av faith in itz unfounded doctrines be it xstain or islam, u the individual unwittingly surrenderz ur divinity in xchange 4 mumbojumbohocuspocusvoodoo nonsence, in conclusion u r dat GOD, SAY IT OUT LOUD, LIKE SPARTACUS, I AM GOD, NO, I AM GOD.
Re: What Is Faith? by Joagbaje(m): 9:45am On Oct 31, 2010
9ether:

your faith is as strong as your imagination, 4xample i av "faith dat pigz can fly", faith has nothing 2 do with divinity. when religion tells u 2 av faith in itz unfounded doctrines be it xstain or islam, u the individual unwittingly surrenderz your divinity in xchange 4 mumbojumbohocuspocusvoodoo nonsence, in conclusion u r dat GOD, SAY IT OUT LOUD, LIKE SPARTACUS, I AM GOD, NO, I AM GOD.

Your mumbojombo may be acceptable in science and psycho section grin . But this is religious section.

Romans 10:17
17 So then faith[ cometh] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God
Re: What Is Faith? by thehomer: 10:26am On Oct 31, 2010
Joagbaje:

@thehomer
There's different between seen by the senses and seen by faith. You perceive by faith and not the senses.faith may not agree with physical fact but yet it is a tangible substance.

What do you perceive by faith? Faith is tangible yet non-physical? Really? How do you explain this incoherent description?

Joagbaje:

2 Corinthians 5:7
7( For we walk by faith, not by sightsmiley 

Do you really? Have you tried going to a major hospital and emptying out the wards by healing all the patients?

Joagbaje:

2 Corinthians 4:18
18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen[ are] temporal; but the things which are not seen[ are] eternal.

What are these things that are unseen but eternal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Is The Extent Of Faith? / Let's Learn God's Word / The Words Of Jesus Vs The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.