Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,892 members, 7,802,875 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff (97731 Views)

"My Husband Does Not Last Long In Bed And Now I'm Sleeping With My Ex" -lady / Egyptian Woman Divorces After 2 Weeks Of Marriage, Husband Does All The Chores / My Husband Does Not Celebrate Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by tiwiex(m): 2:50am On Aug 14, 2019
Sweettwenty8:

Take it easy, 'A problem shared' I've seen a whole lotta post where people post/share their problem to get feedbacks from sane minds, so I've done the same and in one of my replies on here, i said i asked and he said it was only temporary.. so don't be typing behind that cheap infinix/tecno phone tryna make me feel like its a wrong thing to post my issues

Exactly. It is temporary. He might find one sweet garnished pomo one day and then switch. No harm in living some stuff outside. Maybe we are wired that way.
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by Nobody: 2:59am On Aug 14, 2019
-

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by juman(m): 3:11am On Aug 14, 2019
As you described it, its addiction.
He is addicted to the Ewa like some people are addicted to cigarette or alcohol.
He needs to grow up. Discuss with him your feeling about it.
Be reminding him about his addiction and need to grow over it.

By the way roadside food is not so good.
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by KingGBsky(m): 3:12am On Aug 14, 2019
Sweettwenty8:

There was a day i bought the beans, he did not ask, he didn't eat it, he ate the rice like that, asked me if there was still some i said yes he asked me to serve him again ..they say he does this even in the office as well he buys rice and seperate beans so NwaAmaikpe is only talking trash for likes i dont get it

Lol... everyone understands NwaAmaikpe on Nairaland already. He’s not to be taken serious. You new here that’s why you care.
To your post. Talk to your husband. It’s been he is got the habit of a general lagosian. You hardly can separate this men from ewagoin. I sense you are in a beautiful relationship, please try and build it as the woman and don’t bring your problem public often.
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by KingGBsky(m): 3:15am On Aug 14, 2019
W3LLAND3R:
I made up my mind never to advise or help anyone again ,especially couples. It has been my experience that after mediating two individuals they become friends and turn against me .
If you have a problem with someone ,don't tell me,it's none of my business(I don't gossip) , go express your feelings and complaints to who you have problem with ,or call the police if it's a threat to your life . I have no advise or help for you. Good luck !

Maybe your advice always tend to break relationships rather than bond it. They should stay away from you definitely

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by adecamp(m): 3:35am On Aug 14, 2019
My own na ponmo. If I don't see ponmo in my food, forget it
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by cho25bc(f): 3:36am On Aug 14, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Your husband is such a polite gentleman. His kind is rare and he thinks so much about how you'd feel and that's why he won't tell you truth.
That is so wrong of him but Hanty, NwaAmaikpe is here to serve you that long hidden truth.

You are a pathetic cook and he is being too civil to say it. Dude cares so much about it not coming off the wrong way so he'd communicate indirectly and expect an intelligent you to get the subliminal message.

Sadly you don't.

Your colleagues only tolerate your meal because it is free. I don't think they'd eat past a spoon if they were paying for it.
You also don't expect them to criticize it because very few are like us.

I once had a colleague back then who always brought food for me. One day I decided to give it a try.
I tasted the beans and it was like raw carbide mixed with Cameroon pepper.
Anyways, I was courteous enough to tell her to send an assassin instead of trying to kill me with food.

Ewa should be the easiest thing for you to cook....so if he keeps requesting for Iya Basira's ewa, it is so that it can help neutralize the effect of the remaining of your edible poison in the rice and stew.

Please be a virtuous woman.
Be a wife,
And be a mother to that poor man.
It's not fair that you have to send him to Sokoto to get what is in his shokoto.
It's also not fair that you waste his resources to build office relationships.

It is from clapping that the best dances emanate.
Today, you feel obliged to feed your colleagues.
They now eat daily from your cooler. I hope very soon they won't be eating out of your honeypot as well?

"It is from help me hold my gown, help me hold my gown that Azuka found out the colour of his landlady's pant".

NwaMaikpe my friend is back cheesy
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by Mayflowa(m): 3:44am On Aug 14, 2019
tee59:
My advice is for you to go and learn how the beans he usually buys is cooked. Your husband likes beans, and as a woman, you must be able to prepare your hubby's favourite dish. May be, your own prepared beans is not as sweet like mama put, so, go and learn. Also improve on your cooking skills. For your husband to still prefers mama put food to yours, you need to step up your game as a woman.

Many people don't take time to learn how to cook. The only training they have is at best from their mothers. Assuming their mothers are wacky cook, they carry on the wackiness. Man and woman can go to catering school for a month to be a wonderful chef. Even Youtube can help too. If not for your partners, but for your personal joy. I learnt to be a chef. I detest bad food. I will vomit if I had one.
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by ogawisdom(m): 3:45am On Aug 14, 2019
Sweettwenty8:

While we dated, he frowned upon roadside meals and would always eat home cooked meals maybe he ate outside then i cant tell but I've never bought or see him buy from roadside food vendors it's really strange

The woman may be using African magic to sell her market. It's called come today, come tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by NwaliE01: 3:48am On Aug 14, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Your husband is such a polite gentleman. His kind is rare and he thinks so much about how you'd feel and that's why he won't tell you truth.
That is so wrong of him but Hanty, NwaAmaikpe is here to serve you that long hidden truth.

You are a pathetic cook and he is being too civil to say it. Dude cares so much about it not coming off the wrong way so he'd communicate indirectly and expect an intelligent you to get the subliminal message.

Sadly you don't.

Your colleagues only tolerate your meal because it is free. I don't think they'd eat past a spoon if they were paying for it.

I once had a colleague back then who always brought food for me. One day I decided to give it a try.
Anyways, I was courteous enough to tell her to send an assassin instead of trying to kill me with food.

Ewa should be the easiest thing for you to cook....so if he keeps requesting for Iya Basira's ewa, it is so that it can help neutralize the effect of the remaining of your edible poison in the rice and stew.

Be a wife,
It's not fair that you have to send him to Sokoto to get what is in his shokoto.

They now eat daily from your cooler. I hope very soon they won't be eating out of your honeypot as well?

"It is from help me hold my gown, help me hold my gown that Azuka found out the colour of his landlady's pant".
This gent has said it all. Thread close

Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by davillian(m): 3:54am On Aug 14, 2019
Sweettwenty8:
i did try and he said its only temporary but this wierd stuff has been happening since the fourth month os our marriage he complements my cooking a whole lot and even while we dated he'd come to my place for food unannounced i just hope NwaAmaikpe finally gets sanity
I'm sure it's Ewa agoyin
Ate this Ewa and bread for 4 years Monday to Friday some weekends I still go to that particular spot just to eat beans... It's not like there is no food at home, I just feel incomplete without it back then.
I don't know how I got over the addiction..
Home made beans is different from EWa agoyin and home made Ewa Agoyin is different from Iya basira ewa agoyin.
But give it a try taste the one he buys and make yours
you can learn how to make it check google and YouTube.
Though its stressful to make but it's easy to learn.

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by Lionsbet: 3:55am On Aug 14, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Sadly you don't.

Be a wife,

You're really crazy!!! grin

4 Likes

Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by JikanBaura(m): 3:57am On Aug 14, 2019
Divorce him and marry me, i will eat your ewa anyhow.

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by shogsman(m): 4:00am On Aug 14, 2019
In the space between when you're off getting his ewa he's nacking another girl.

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by GdexFolami(m): 4:07am On Aug 14, 2019
The husband is doing some idiotic stuffs and the comments I read here are just so surprising .He doesn’t buy rice outside or other meals ,just beans meaning she cooks very well
See lady just chill he’ll get over it soon ,he gets addicted easily .Also pray about it
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by Lionsbet: 4:13am On Aug 14, 2019
Sweettwenty8:
Finaly i decided to create an account

What's up Nairaland, Please Pardon my English.

So me and my man been married for a year now but here's the thing he does that pisses me OFF!!! TOTALLY!!!! ehn, every time I cook rice and stew (fried stew/fish/meat) he'd ask me to go outside the estate to go and buy Ewa(beans) (I'm using Ewa because that's how he pronounces it. So I noticed this earlier and I started Cooking beans anytime I cook rice. He'll still request for 'Ewa' the Mama put beans made and sold by the roadside

While we dated he'd even ask me to cook for himself and his friends and if my cooking was bad, I'd have gotten feedback somehow.. how can I serve food and he'll ask me to go get 'Ewa' at Shangisha Outside Magodo Gra to mix his rice even when we have visitors he will send me a whatsapp message to still go get Ewa most times he'll even book uber if i tell him I'm too tired to drive I'm tired of going to buy Ewa!!

How do i get to know what the problem is, because it's definitely not my cooking, 2 of my office buddies they don't buy lunch because i bring enough food for 3 of us everyday and they'd have stopped eating it if it was bad

If you really want to sort this thing out ehn, you must be willing to give it your best.

Since you're all worked up, you need to put it in more energy.

Its obvious you are not giving your husband that perfect taste of EWA AGOYIN. Call a spade, a spade, your beans is no where close to the taste of EWA AGOYIN your husband likes.

Improvise ma'am, go and get pressure cooker and make your beans look like EWA AGOYIN at least. Go and learn the recipe of the EWA AGOYIN stew as well.

If it still doesn't work, your husband is gone then. grin

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by MondayOsunbor(m): 4:15am On Aug 14, 2019
kannymoore:
Madam...

Go and learn how to cook.. abeg.

Besides, what stops you from getting the exact recipient from the mamput woman and cooking it for your hubby if you're actually desperately seeking answers to your culinary predicament?

Go to the mamput woman...bribe her with money.. Sit down and learn the practicals from her .. then go and replicate the results in your kitchen.

Finish.

What is ewa?
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by srclark: 4:17am On Aug 14, 2019
Sweettwenty8:

So me and my man been married for a year now but here's the thing he does that pisses me OFF!!! TOTALLY!!!! ehn, every time I cook rice and stew (fried stew/fish/meat) he'd ask me to go outside the estate to go and buy Ewa(beans) (I'm using Ewa because that's how he pronounces it. So I noticed this earlier and I started Cooking beans anytime I cook rice. He'll still request for 'Ewa' the Mama put beans made and sold by the roadside

While we dated he'd even ask me to cook for himself and his friends and if my cooking was bad, I'd have gotten feedback somehow.. how can I serve food and he'll ask me to go get 'Ewa' at Shangisha Outside Magodo Gra to mix his rice even when we have visitors he will send me a whatsapp message to still go get Ewa most times he'll even book uber if i tell him I'm too tired to drive I'm tired of going to buy Ewa!!

How do i get to know what the problem is, because it's definitely not my cooking, 2 of my office buddies they don't buy lunch because i bring enough food for 3 of us everyday and they'd have stopped eating it if it was bad
op you have nothing to worry about your cooking is perfect .It is just a combo he likes and he his trying to save you the stress of cooking Ewa Agoyin after the stress of cooking rice when all he needs is just little .For me I like moi-moi going with my Jollof rice so my wife picks up about 2/3 wraps from my favorite fast food on her way back from work to add to the Jollof rice she is going to cook instead of going through the stress of making leaf moi-moi .So to avoid wastage (food and time ) just buy the little to add to his combo I know a lot of people that are fussy when it comes to food

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by Tellemall: 4:20am On Aug 14, 2019
Sweettwenty8:

Bad mouth, make me sef talk.. how do i make out time when i can actually cook or you think I'm one of these spoilt omo butty? Forget Magodo Gra, i grew up in a home where dem no born you well if you no sabi cook, my daddy gave birth to 5 girls and he has a time table of who cooks what and when.. Mumsy sold food so why i no go sabi cook?

Madam, you do not need to explain your financial status to anyone here. Leave that out. We are not interested.

From what you've described, that when you buy the beans in anticipation of his peculiar request he will prefer to eat it without the beans, he is likely trying to be difficult and punish you for something you are unaware of.

People telling you to go and learn from some gross beans seller are just saying it to make you feel inadequate because in Nigeria every marital problem is the wife's fault.

Your husband has a problem. He needs to get used to his own home and learn to be satisfied from it. For now he's telling you about the beans, later he will find a reason to get the beans from another woman and claim you cannot make it no matter how hard you try. His beans request is a tactic.

You should tell him that he needs to get used to your cooking as you have compromised on learning to cook the beans as well. If you have made an effort what more does he want? He should eat what you make unless he has an ulterior motive. If he doesn't like your beans, what stops him from buying you a cookbook?

His addiction to that kind of beans shows you might not know him that well. You thought he didn't eat food from roadside vendors, but apparently each time he eats rice he does so. Also, what if it's a hex?

Just tell him to get dressed the next time and don't bother cooking. The two of you can go to the place and eat there.

Also consider that he's sexting whenever he sends you out.

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by Tellemall: 4:21am On Aug 14, 2019
MondayOsunbor:

What is ewa?

They say it's beans. The type sold under filthy bridges with fat unbathed women dishing it.
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by imaeruaka: 4:23am On Aug 14, 2019
This post will wow you, as it reviews 10 benefits of hugging that will make you wanna hug someone.

use the link to check them out>>>

https://www.millitime.com/health-benefits-hugging-therapy-hug-someone/?wpam_id=50
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by Tellemall: 4:28am On Aug 14, 2019
Lionsbet:

If you really want to sort this thing out ehn, you must be willing to give it your best.

Since you're all worked up, you need to put it in more energy.

Its obvious you are not giving your husband that perfect taste of EWA AGOYIN. Call a spade, a spade, your beans is no where close to the taste of EWA AGOYIN your husband likes.

Improvise ma'am, go and get pressure cooker and make your beans look like EWA AGOYIN at least. Go and learn the recipe of the EWA AGOYIN stew as well.

If it still doesn't work, your husband is gone then. grin

In all your calling her out to learn how to cook (don't really know how else she can do that with what she's further explained) you forgot that a married man should be able to tame his appetites and stay put.

In all his years, why did he never learn how to cook it well?

The habits of some men are deplorable.

Don't put sexting or phonecalls to another woman out of this peculiar situation. His errand to buy the thing is a cover. He's not the first and only man whose wife can't cook what he feels like eating at home.

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by Obere4u: 4:33am On Aug 14, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Sadly you don't.

Be a wife,

From her post, her hubby only request that whenever she cooks rice and stew... He enjoys other food cooked by her...

My own advice to op is to learn how to prepare that particular Ewa (just as other posters before me pointed out)

We humans are weird in our own way
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by babslepe: 4:34am On Aug 14, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

Sadly you don't.

Be a wife,

i disagree with your opinion .Ewa agoyin is not that regular meal you can just cook every now and then in your home as a working class person .If the husbands only needs little every now and then to go with his rice it is very okay for her to buy it .With the souring prices of food stuff ,the time she will invest into cooking it energy and all it is only advisable she spends less than 500 to achieve this goal .Left to me she is only overflogging the issue
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by solochris(m): 4:39am On Aug 14, 2019
My sister, there's nothing to worry about. Your husband is only addicted to the woman's ewa. Since he does not reject ur rice and other foods you cook, then you are not a bad cook. Don't let anybody make u feel the less. My advice is that you talk to your husband about it and let him know how uncomfortable you are with that habit. Trying to learn how to cook it without talking to him about it will not yield any result. Talk to him and watch him change. It's gonna be a gradual thing don't forget
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by vicadex07(m): 4:46am On Aug 14, 2019
Sweettwenty8:
i did try and he said its only temporary but this wierd stuff has been happening since the fourth month os our marriage he complements my cooking a whole lot and even while we dated he'd come to my place for food unannounced i just hope NwaAmaikpe finally gets sanity

The secret is firewood. Any food cooked with firewood has this particular aroma that can never be reproduced with gas. That's why party jollof rice is always better than home cooked
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by smasher1(m): 4:50am On Aug 14, 2019
Sweettwenty8:

Hello madam, if this is a major problem you have, I don't think it is a problem. Please manage this issue and try to be happy. Different people with their idiosyncrasies. This is minor please. Before other major issues crop up. I know you are tired of it. I am a man, and I would also be tired, but manage it
Things may change with time.

God bless you and your family
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by babslepe: 4:51am On Aug 14, 2019
mikezuruki:

Truth be say ehn, those Togo people dey use jarz. I know ( don't ask me how)

Try and learn how to make it. it's that easy. My sister sabi cook am. I believe you're a good cook
she should not waste her time even if she tries cooking it at home the desired taste might not be achieved .they use fire wood and many many condiments fish and all will you now advice her to go through such stress and expenses when it is not like the main meal it is just something to go along with the main dish .Anytime she is cooking rice she should buy the ewa agoyin or send for it Shikena

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by Ejemehn(m): 4:54am On Aug 14, 2019
Sweettwenty8:

You need likes for sure, his actions paints me as a bad cook but the truth is i cook good, so if my colleagues eat what i make because its free, he's got never ending family members that come around and I'll serve them and they'll ask for second helpings?

Plus shut the Bleep up i have Female colleagues your gf might be shagiing her male colleagues its not my problem

I agree with you. All these are for likes and trust me people like this can't even stand before one to spew such nonsense.

Concerning your husband, i think he might be addicted to it. If it is just one woman he buys from then we can say there's a problem but if he does this same thing in the office or other places then he just likes mama put. I have seen someone like that too.

All in all, just pray for wisdom to handle the situation. Most kids here won't offer help beyond laughing and making jokes of something as serious as this.

Cheers
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by raphy(m): 4:59am On Aug 14, 2019
you sound so new here.

anyway your husband like beans its a fact.

i don't blame all these people up there thnking you can't cook.

even me I love beans with bread its a typical Lagos guys food.
so cooking for your husband and someday he wont eat from outside.its not his doing just some childhood traits.
Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by anonimi: 5:02am On Aug 14, 2019
Sweettwenty8:
Take it easy, 'A problem shared' I've seen a whole lotta post where people post/share their problem to get feedbacks from sane minds, so I've done the same and in one of my replies on here, i said i asked and he said it was only temporary.. so don't be typing behind that cheap infinix/tecno phone tryna make me feel like its a wrong thing to post my issues

This your post does not rhyme with your moniker o cheesy shocked

1 Like

Re: Please Help My Husband Does This Weird Stuff by Nobody: 5:05am On Aug 14, 2019
-

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (16) (Reply)

What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Seen In Someone Else House? / 'My Wife Has A1 In Bed, Never Refused Me Sex': Man Praises Wife On Her Birthday / Married Women Caught With Other Men In Their Husbands' Houses (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.