Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,317 members, 7,780,777 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:53 PM

Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office (37255 Views)

Atare Awin: Governor Okowa’s Commissioner Sacks Aide Over Post About Peter Obi / ICPC Arrests Okoi Obono-Obla / Buhari Suspends Okoi Obono-Obla Indefinitely, Hands Him Over To ICPC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 11, 2019
If he is from the north, the presidency will look the other way as usual.
Lesson for my southern brothers. U don't have immunity. U can be disgraced out anytime grin
Is this not that man without weac?

EFCC will look for his file soon grin

3 Likes

Re: Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office by Nobody: 4:26pm On Aug 11, 2019
Why does our president always makes his own moves in a way that portrays such as afterthought. He had all the intelligence details much before now.

Same with the case of Adeosun.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office by chrisxxx(m): 4:32pm On Aug 11, 2019
Chukwurah003:

You’re misguided
His offense if at all was not committed after Buhari won his second term. They were there in his first tenure and he decided to ignore all calls for Obno then to be dropped. He decided to drop him when he suits his convenience.

1 Like

Re: Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office by Summer7: 4:34pm On Aug 11, 2019
Why not , when they do not practice what they preach. What happens “when the salt has lost its value”.
Re: Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office by nicepoker101(m): 4:34pm On Aug 11, 2019
naijadrivablog:
Sala Gift to the Efik man. But Obla is a good lawyer in those days in Calabar.
okoi. That's an ugep name.
Re: Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office by Justice434(m): 4:38pm On Aug 11, 2019
Graphic Design Video Tutorials (Photoshop, Illustrator, After effect)
Do you want to learn graphic design from the comfort of your home? OR are you a graphic designer who wants to learn new skills from professional graphic designers?
If your answer to the above question is YES, then this collection of Graphic design video tutorial courses is for you.
These video tutorial courses will teach you different cutting edge graphic design. No fluff, straight to the point practical training, designed to make a graphic designer out of you as quickly as possible! Below is the breakdown of the videos
50 Adobe illustrator videos on how to design flyers
36 Photoshop videos on how to design flyers
60 Adobe Illustrator videos on how to design different logos
36 Photoshop videos on how to design different logos
29 Photoshop videos on how to edit photos
A full practical lecture on Illustrator and Photoshop for beginners to advanced level
15 Videos on advanced illustrator (graphics)
14 videos on Adobe InDesign (Magazines)
24 Video lectures on how to use after effect (Ae) for motion graphics
I will also give the latest Software For Photoshop, Adobe illustrator, and InDesign.
If interested WhatsApp or call: 08056381490
Re: Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office by Henry1006(m): 4:43pm On Aug 11, 2019
Dansuqi:

How can you say that he's an efik man? Are you sure you lived in calabar
He is a yakurr man.

1 Like

Re: Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office by Legendguru: 4:44pm On Aug 11, 2019
hmmm
Re: Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office by naijadrivablog: 4:45pm On Aug 11, 2019
Dansuqi:

�I had a friend called Abam and he is from the same place -Ugep. My autocorrect likes "Efik".

Okoi Arikpo house, etc. No I no sabi Calabartongue
Re: Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office by Nobody: 4:50pm On Aug 11, 2019
FarahAideed:
The stupid man has been used and dumped

Those are the only words in your vocabulary going by how often you use them i.e "used and dumped". Stop preempting justice and let constituted authority do its job. The man may have abused his office and therefore needs to be investigated. Nothing to do with the "used and dumped" you are obsessed with announcing every second and in relation to every damn development.

1 Like

Re: Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office by Andhominem: 4:52pm On Aug 11, 2019
What a slave!
Re: Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office by airbrush: 4:52pm On Aug 11, 2019
AdviserGeneral:
The police have sealed Okoi Obono-Obla’s office in Abuja.

Mr Obono-Obla is a senior special assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari, as well as the chairman, Special Presidential Investigation Panel on the Recovery of Public Property.

The office of the presidential panel, located in Asokoro, was sealed Friday afternoon by some armed police officers, a source close to Aso Rock and the panel told PREMIUM TIMES, Saturday evening.

The source said the police action followed a directive from the presidency that Mr Obono-Obla should be relieved of his appointment “immediately”.

The source said Mr Obono-Obla is aware of the communication relieving him of his appointment but that he has been dodging it so he could use the holiday period to persuade people close to Mr Buhari to talk the government into rescinding its decision.

“They have asked ICPC to start investigating corruption allegations around him.

“The police were brought in to restrict movement in the office, so nobody would tamper with evidence while investigation is going on.

“The panel is still in place, it’s only Obla that has been removed,” the source said.

“They have built a case of corruption and overzealousness against him over time, it’s not an emergency action, so it may be difficult for the decision to be rescinded,” the source said further.

PREMIUM TIMES has, however, not been able to independently confirm if Mr Obono-Obla has been sacked from office.

When a PREMIUM TIMES reporter visited Mr Obono-Obla’s office around 9:30 a.m. on Sunday, two police officers were seen guarding the premises.

Mr Obono-Obla was evasive in his response, when PREMIUM TIMES contacted him, Sunday morning.

“I don’t know about that,” he responded when asked if it was true he had been sacked from office.

“If they removed me, they would give me a letter? Is it not so?”

Mr Obono-Obla, however, confirmed his office had been sealed by the police.

He said he was in his office on Friday but later left for the holidays in his hometown in Cross River State before he received information about the sealing of the office.

“People at the office told me somebody came there, said he is the area commander, he has instructions that nobody should enter and nobody should leave. But that is rubbish. Is that how things are done?

“I am in Cross River, not Abuja. I don’t know what’s happening in Abuja. If they want to remove me, they should give me a letter. I am in Cross River enjoying my holiday,” Mr Obono-Obla said.

The police spokesperson at force headquarters, Frank Mba, did not respond to calls and text message sent to his phone line by a PREMIUM TIMES as at the time of filing this report.

Mr Obono-Obla’s anti-corruption job has often been steeped in controversies which overshadowed some of the successes recorded by his office.

At some point, he had to spend time to fight off allegations that he forged his secondary school certificate.

An ad hoc panel set up by the House of Representatives, December last year, had asked President Muhammadu Buhari to sack Mr Obono-Obla over the forgery allegation.

The panel had also accused Mr Obono-Obla of corruption.

Read also: Nigeria’s Head of Service speaks on alleged missing N16 billion in her office

But Mr Obono-Obla had said at the time that the forgery and corruption allegations against him were merely a witch-hunt by people who were uncomfortable with his anti-corruption fight.

PREMIUM TIMES on Tuesday published an exclusive report on how correspondence between Mr Obono-Obla’s office and the Confederation of African Football (CAF) led to the exit the president of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Amaju Pinnick, from CAF leadership.

Mr Obono-Obla is known in the past to have disobeyed the directive of Nigeria’s Vice President Yemi Osinbajo regarding his anti-corruption job.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/346145-exclusive-buharis-aide-obono-obla-in-trouble-as-police-seal-off-office.html

bring pop corn another season film is about to start !
Mr Obono-Obla tell us your side of the story ! so the presidency boys will come to disgrace themselves as usual
Re: Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office by Okoroawusa: 4:55pm On Aug 11, 2019
I LOVE PMB
Re: Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office by alfsalami: 5:10pm On Aug 11, 2019
PDP will not see this one or they may choose to see it through southerner prism this time now that it concern a APC guy
Re: Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office by Paulo3ree(m): 5:14pm On Aug 11, 2019
Elukapendragon:
Why all news becomes too long to read all of a sudden?

It's not easy reading news this days
CNN
I think you understand

Re: Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office by NaijaNaWaa: 5:56pm On Aug 11, 2019
No surprises. Aside his alleged personal corruption, he stepped on really powerful toes not to mention usurping the functions of EFCC and ICPC.

1 Like

Re: Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office by connkg(m): 6:08pm On Aug 11, 2019
New Post (Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office)
@Mod: "Buhari"
Re: Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office by MicroBox: 6:34pm On Aug 11, 2019
Nigeria truly have a long way to go with the way Nigerian youths think and react to government issues..
Pro south, Pro north bull shiit is dividing this country the more.
Occupy naija would probably happen next generation.
I think joining politics would be a better idea in Nigeria because you have nothing to fear. The youths are pro corruption, used and blind.
Mumu youths.. Crazy educated illiterates...
Lazy fuckards....
Living this life is once, so why not ask for a better life collectively instead of living divided in same country.
Collective we can say no to unlawful termination/appointment. Nothing would ever change if we continue to think the way we presently do about this country.
Re: Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office by kayfunky(m): 7:01pm On Aug 11, 2019
11th August 2019

JOINT PRESS RELEASE BY THE FOUNDATION AGAINST FRAUD, INDISCIPLINE AND CORRUPTION (FAFIC) & BUHARISTS HANGOUT (BHO)

(For Immediate Release)

SPECIAL PRESIDENTIAL PANEL ON RECOVERY OF PUBLIC PROPERTY (SPIP) - URGENT MATTERS ARISING.

As foremost supporters and promoters of the anti corruption fight of the Buhari-led Administration, we have kept our searchlight on the activities of Agencies and Institutions charged with prosecuting the anti corruption war.

Beside the commendable efforts of the Ibrahim Magu - led Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), another shining light in the fight is the Okoi Obono-Obla led Special Presidential Investigation Panel on Recovery of Public Property (SPIP).

The Panel has continued to record milestones in unravelling corrupt conduct both in the Civil service, among political office holders and ordinary Nigerians within and outside the country.

We are aware of the recent discoveries of Billions of Naira held in various bank accounts by civil servants, Properties and Assets allegedly aquired by illicit wealth also valued at Billions of Naira as well as properties illegally aquired by public servants and Nigerians outside the country.

A key example is the case of some officials of the Petroleum Equalization Fund (PEF).

At the same time we are aware of uncomfortable developments which seem to hamper or at least slow down the activities of the Panel.

These include the take over of certain cases by the Office of the Attorney General of the Federation. Notable among them is the case by the Panel against a former Senator and APC Governorship candidate in the 2019 General election - Senator Hope Uzodinma of which nothing has been heard therafter.

On August 4, 2019, Punch Newspapers reported that Police personnel (over 40) drafted to work for the Special Presidential Investigative Panel on Recovery of Public Property were summoned to an urgent meeting with the Inspector-General of Police on Friday, August 2, 2019 vide a letter dated July 31, 2019 and addressed to the Chairman of the SPIP, Chief Okoi Okono-Obla, with reference number CB:4001/IGP.SEC/ABJ/ VOL. 114/518. The summons was reportedly prompted by a petition written by a suspect being investigated by the panel.

We are equally aware that yesterday, 10th August 2019, there was an attempt to shut down the offices of the Presidential Panel situated at Asokoro Abuja on what was referred to as 'orders from above' on the premise that the Panel has been disbanded.

Our investigations however reveal that the Chairman of the Panel is not aware of any such dissolution.

These developments and others have prompted the urgency and concern for us to ask some pertinent questions:

1. Who is uncomfortable with the work of the Presidential Panel on the Recovery of Public Properties?

2. Why the relentless push back against the Panel and its Chairman - Chief Okoi Obono-Obla and from who?

3. Is it because he is stepping on big toes or could it be because of his religion or where he comes from?

4. Is the President aware of all that is going on with and around the Panel?

5. Are we really serious about the war against corruption?

It should be noted that the SPIP is established by the Recovery of Public Property Special Provisions Act of 2004 and the responsibilities and powers of the panel are clearly spelt out in Section 2 (1) a, b, c of that law.

The Panel therefore has powers to investigate the assets of any public officer who has corruptly enriched himself/herself, abused his/her office and violated the Code of Conduct provision in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1999 as amended, or who has contributed to the economic adversity of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Also, by Section 2 (2) of that law, the Panel has the powers to investigate the assets of a private individual - anybody who has accumulated assets beyond his/her earnings.

These the Panel has dutifully carried out to the knowledge and commendation of the Nigerian public. It is therefore pertinent that all patriotic Nigerians and the anti-corruption community take note of and weigh in on what is happening with the Panel.

Corruption is surely fighting back but we cannot afford to allow corruption to win. As President Muhammadu Buhari said "If we don't kill corruption, corruption will kill Nigeria".

We therefore strongly call on the President and Commander in Chief, the Inspector General of Police, the Ministry of Justice and all relevant authorities to urgently investigate the issues surrounding the Presidential Panel with a view to protecting the Panel and strengthening it to ensure its work is not hampered.

Nigerians will accept nothing less.

Dr Uche Diala
Lead Admin
FAFIC

Comrade Efe Wiliams
Director Operations
(Anti-Corruption Desk) BHO

Re: Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office by samuelson06(m): 8:24pm On Aug 11, 2019
Dansuqi:

That's how they talk like foools here. Obla is now an Efik man.
Re: Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office by Livefreeordieha(m): 8:32pm On Aug 11, 2019
AdviserGeneral:
The police have sealed Okoi Obono-Obla’s office in Abuja.

Mr Obono-Obla is a senior special assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari, as well as the chairman, Special Presidential Investigation Panel on the Recovery of Public Property.

The office of the presidential panel, located in Asokoro, was sealed Friday afternoon by some armed police officers, a source close to Aso Rock and the panel told PREMIUM TIMES, Saturday evening.

The source said the police action followed a directive from the presidency that Mr Obono-Obla should be relieved of his appointment “immediately”.

The source said Mr Obono-Obla is aware of the communication relieving him of his appointment but that he has been dodging it so he could use the holiday period to persuade people close to Mr Buhari to talk the government into rescinding its decision.

“They have asked ICPC to start investigating corruption allegations around him.

“The police were brought in to restrict movement in the office, so nobody would tamper with evidence while investigation is going on.

“The panel is still in place, it’s only Obla that has been removed,” the source said.

“They have built a case of corruption and overzealousness against him over time, it’s not an emergency action, so it may be difficult for the decision to be rescinded,” the source said further.

PREMIUM TIMES has, however, not been able to independently confirm if Mr Obono-Obla has been sacked from office.

When a PREMIUM TIMES reporter visited Mr Obono-Obla’s office around 9:30 a.m. on Sunday, two police officers were seen guarding the premises.

Mr Obono-Obla was evasive in his response, when PREMIUM TIMES contacted him, Sunday morning.

“I don’t know about that,” he responded when asked if it was true he had been sacked from office.

“If they removed me, they would give me a letter? Is it not so?”

Mr Obono-Obla, however, confirmed his office had been sealed by the police.

He said he was in his office on Friday but later left for the holidays in his hometown in Cross River State before he received information about the sealing of the office.

“People at the office told me somebody came there, said he is the area commander, he has instructions that nobody should enter and nobody should leave. But that is rubbish. Is that how things are done?

“I am in Cross River, not Abuja. I don’t know what’s happening in Abuja. If they want to remove me, they should give me a letter. I am in Cross River enjoying my holiday,” Mr Obono-Obla said.

The police spokesperson at force headquarters, Frank Mba, did not respond to calls and text message sent to his phone line by a PREMIUM TIMES as at the time of filing this report.

Mr Obono-Obla’s anti-corruption job has often been steeped in controversies which overshadowed some of the successes recorded by his office.

At some point, he had to spend time to fight off allegations that he forged his secondary school certificate.

An ad hoc panel set up by the House of Representatives, December last year, had asked President Muhammadu Buhari to sack Mr Obono-Obla over the forgery allegation.

The panel had also accused Mr Obono-Obla of corruption.

Read also: Nigeria’s Head of Service speaks on alleged missing N16 billion in her office

But Mr Obono-Obla had said at the time that the forgery and corruption allegations against him were merely a witch-hunt by people who were uncomfortable with his anti-corruption fight.

PREMIUM TIMES on Tuesday published an exclusive report on how correspondence between Mr Obono-Obla’s office and the Confederation of African Football (CAF) led to the exit the president of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), Amaju Pinnick, from CAF leadership.

Mr Obono-Obla is known in the past to have disobeyed the directive of Nigeria’s Vice President Yemi Osinbajo regarding his anti-corruption job.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/346145-exclusive-buharis-aide-obono-obla-in-trouble-as-police-seal-off-office.html

diz man is one of the most crooked person u can ever listen to speak don't wish to meet Him... He reeks of hypocrisy and dubiousness with all due respect but that's my opinion after watching and listening to him...
Re: Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office by ajebuter(f): 8:37pm On Aug 11, 2019
Another southern slave used and dumped by the northern Khalifas..

More to be dumped soon....

After all, dem no need una votes for now
Re: Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 11, 2019
Elukapendragon:
Why all news becomes too long to read all of a sudden?

It's not easy reading news this days
Coz its all senseless

1 Like

Re: Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office by mechanics(m): 9:52pm On Aug 11, 2019
His sack is confusing, was he sacked based on his strong belief against corruption or he's corrupt?
Re: Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office by Dubemcapital1(m): 5:44am On Aug 12, 2019
SoNature:
If Nigeria had been a serious country, Buhari would have been fired a long time ago grin grin

For real
Re: Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office by kayfunky(m): 6:58am On Aug 12, 2019
Most of the things said here are lies.
Re: Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office by Xyzee: 9:09am On Aug 12, 2019
kayfunky:
Most of the things said here are lies.

The chief image maker of Obla is here. Are you not the one in the picture you posted of Obla; a known corrupt and unintelligible lawyer.

Just go and take care of your new wife and stop defending corruption.
Re: Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office by Nobody: 9:33am On Aug 12, 2019
123Legit:
He's my enemy. He deserved to be sacked.

is Buhari still alive?
Re: Buahari Sacks Aide, Okoi Obono-obla, Seals SPIP Office by themanderon: 10:30am On Aug 12, 2019
Another one bites the dust. Another useful southern idiot bites the dust. One down more to go.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi Is Ahead Of Atiku - Festus Keyamo (Video) / PMB Could Have Punished Wike, FFK, Fayose, Bishop Kukah, Others – Femi Adesina / What Adamu Adamu Said About ASUU Strike In 2013 (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.