Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,526,590 members, 5,784,328 topics. Date: Wednesday, 12 August 2020 at 05:24 AM

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi (267178 Views)

Matrimony Of Secrets / "The Secrets" - A Story Written By A Nairalander / House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (70) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi(f): 10:09pm On Sep 01, 2019
Ann2012:
What is the problem with Chinenye's father?

I'm thinking Dele might start a relationship with Atinuke

Honestly, I have no idea.

Dele and Atinuke, let's wait and see
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi(f): 10:09pm On Sep 01, 2019
Babsopey:
Great one... Keep it up...

Thank you
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi(f): 10:15pm On Sep 01, 2019
Hey guys. Happy new month! So let's have a new month special. wink wink

5 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi(f): 10:16pm On Sep 01, 2019
I hope you enjoy it.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by alliyuf(f): 10:58pm On Sep 01, 2019
millieademi:
I hope you enjoy it.
Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi(f): 12:51am On Sep 07, 2019
Hey guys. I'm sorry for not updating. It's been a long and stressful week.

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi(f): 12:53am On Sep 07, 2019
✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
She looked at him as if he had just told her it was raining bricks. She was still as he remembered her. Her defiant aura and kind heart was no doubt still the core of Nenye. When his father had told him to return to the country to get married to a girl he had chosen for him, he didn't imagine it could be Nenye. She had been his friend in secondary school before he left for the States. They were very close, they were the two musketeers. But it all changed after a few years. They drifted apart for some reason he couldn't place.

" No", her voice quivered.

He look at her and saw the air of defiance gone, replaced by a mist of mendicancy. He had never seen her look so pathetic.

"Please, Nonso you have to help me. Look, this might sound so callous but I have to tell you. I'm engaged to a man I love but some reason my father wants me to marry you. When he found out I was engaged, he locked me up. I had to ask Nonye to take my place while I meet up with Délé, but Délé didn't come. I'm worried that something has happened to him. Please, for old times’ sake, help me reach Délé.", she blurted out in desperation. She reached for his hand and squeezed it pleadingly.

He felt like he had been slapped. His betrothed was asking him to help her reconnect with her lover. Had fate based his life on a telenovela? He averted his gaze and looked out the window.

" Nonso, a match between us is a terrible idea. I love Délé and you probably love someone else. Let's save ourselves the hatred and torment that will come with a loveless marriage. Please, Nonso.", she continued.
He winced inwardly at her words. He sighed before turning to face her. He was shocked when he saw her red eyeballs.

"Shh, you don't have to cry.", he pacified pulling her closer for a hug.

She whimpered and sniffled holding back tears.
" Nonso, for the past few days, all I've been doing is crying. ", she muttered softly.

" We'll fix this.", he replied

He released her slowly and looked at her. He fought the urge to kiss her and cleared his throat.

"You have to go now. I'll come over tomorrow and we'll talk about this and try to find a solution.", he said.

" OK. I'll see you tomorrow.", she mumbled as she dried her eyes and face.

"OK.", he answered with a dry and plastic smile on his lips.

" Thank you, Nonso ",she said softly and got out of the car.

He watched her walk to her father's car. As she got into her father's car, he ordered his driver to drive off.

11 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi(f): 12:53am On Sep 07, 2019
I hope you enjoy it

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ann2012(f): 12:03pm On Sep 07, 2019
I'm enjoying this

Thanks for the update
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi(f): 8:30pm On Sep 07, 2019
Hello, good evening. Here's another update. kiss kiss

[b][/b]**AUTHOR'S NOTE: THERE MIGHT BE A FEW SCENES YOU MIGHT FIND OFFENSIVE AND GRAPHIC. PLEASE SKIP PAST IF YOU CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING SCENES OFFENSIVE.** THANK YOU!! smiley smiley

Enjoy!!

2 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by alliyuf(f): 9:05pm On Sep 07, 2019
Thank you
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ann2012(f): 9:37pm On Sep 07, 2019
Jaiye is a monster, Felicia better seek help from her parents. Thanks for the update
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi(f): 9:38pm On Sep 07, 2019
Ann2012:
Jaiye is a monster, Felicia better seek help from her parents. Thanks for the update

You're welcome. But everything is not as it seems.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi(f): 9:39pm On Sep 07, 2019
alliyuf:
Thank you

You're welcome. I hope you liked it.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by alliyuf(f): 9:41pm On Sep 07, 2019
millieademi:

You're welcome. I hope you liked it.
Yes, I did.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ann2012(f): 9:55pm On Sep 07, 2019
millieademi:

You're welcome. But everything is not as it seems.

True, with time everything will be cleared
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Noblefirstlady: 12:28pm On Sep 08, 2019
Interesting.....
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi(f): 3:15am On Sep 09, 2019
✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

3 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ann2012(f): 5:57am On Sep 09, 2019
Nenye should try borrowing airtime to call Jare
Thanks for the update
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi(f): 5:08pm On Sep 09, 2019
Ann2012:
Nenye should try borrowing airtime to call Jare
Thanks for the update
grin grin grin I'm totally laughing my ass out. I honestly don't know why she didn't think of that. Maybe because she's a big girl, borrowing is abstract to her.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi(f): 5:30pm On Sep 09, 2019
Enjoy!!

3 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi(f): 5:32pm On Sep 09, 2019
So guys, what do you think? Is anything going to happen between Tinu and Dele?
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by abubakarbabang7(m): 7:35pm On Sep 09, 2019
This nenye stuffs is really hurting me
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ann2012(f): 9:45pm On Sep 09, 2019
millieademi:
So guys, what do you think? Is anything going to happen between Tinu and Dele?

I'm just confused bcs there's a new admirer now

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi(f): 12:27am On Sep 10, 2019
abubakarbabang7:
This nenye stuffs is really hurting me

sad sad Tell me about it. I really feel for her.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi(f): 12:27am On Sep 10, 2019
Ann2012:

I'm just confused bcs there's a new admirer now

wink wink
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi(f): 12:28am On Sep 10, 2019
Guys let's keep the comments coming in. Don't be shy!! kiss kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by empress101(f): 3:51pm On Sep 10, 2019
Wow..I must confess,this story is the bomb.. Keep it up @op

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi(f): 4:36pm On Sep 10, 2019
empress101:
Wow..I must confess,this story is the bomb.. Keep it up @op

Thank you. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi(f): 7:58pm On Sep 10, 2019
Hey!!! Some scenes are cringe worthy, please just bear with me.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴
Felicia looked at Jaiyé as he slept. She left the bed slowly and she pulled her getaway bag from underneath the bed and was about leaving when he started sleep talking.

" No, take it back. I love Felicia. Don't hurt her. Please take it back.", he mumbled.

She was moved and she ran to his side. She wondered what he was dreaming about. He kept on mumbling inchoate sentences. She started shaking him when he said 'Kill me, instead'

"Jaiyé wake up.", she shouted on the verge of tears, still shaking him.

" Jaiyé, wake up please. ", she shouted louder when he started convulsing. She was confused and didn't know what to do. She decided to pray. She held unto him and started praying in tongues and in understanding, praying for her husband not to die. Soon, he became normal. Felicia was in awe of herself. She still loved him.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Chris shouted at his assistant and she fled like her life depended on it. He groaned and loosened his tie.

So incompetent! How hard is it to find her?

Chris was hung up on the girl in the cyan bodycon dress. Ever since Katrina, he had sworn off women but seeing that lady made him forget all his vows. He had expected her to approach him after the waiter informed her he paid her bill but she didn't. That spoke of character. Most Abuja girls would have jumped at the opportunity to get a free maga but she didn't and it aroused more interest in him. He wondered what her name was.

Angela? Tosin? Imelda?

He shuddered. None of those names suited her. He groaned and tried to get his mind of her. His door was knocked and he muttered a 'Come in'.
His assistant walked in.

"Do you have something good to tell me or what?", he asked with his eyes closed.

" Sir, we've found her friend. Miss Ajirioghene Odafe works in Adelaide and associates.", she mumbled.

"Well, how does that help?", he inquired.

" I can ask her about her friend. ", his assistant suggested.

" And you think a lawyer will blab to you about her friend? Without being suspicious? I thought you were smarter than this.", he deadpanned.

"She is actually getting married to a high end designer in three months. I could pose as a journalist for a fashion magazine and interview her.", his assistant answered.

He opened his eyes in delight. " That's the MJ I hired. Do it but don't get caught."

"Yes sir", she answered and turned to leave.

" That reminds me. Get in touch with Lyssa. She can make the whole sham look real.", he told her as her and he opened his laptop.

"Yes, sir.", she announced and left.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Nenye frowned as she stared at her reflection in the mirror. She hated the white ball gown of a wedding dress she was wearing.

" Nenye, wear a smile for Christ's sake.", her mother scolded. She ignored her and said, "Let's get this stupid wedding over with."

"You're so incorrigible.", her mother stated and left her in the dressing room.

She hissed.

" They say it's bad luck for a groom to see his bride before the wedding. ", a male voice announced and she gasped when she saw his reflection in the mirror.

" Délé?", she called and turned to face him.

"I guess the rule doesn't apply to ex-fiances.", he stated.

" What are you doing here?", she asked.

"I tried to make sense of it all. I need answers, Nenye.", he stated.

" Délé, please leave. You shouldn't be here. Go, please. ", she said.

" Not before I get my answers. Were you engaged to him before you met me?", he asked his brows furrowed.

"Délé, yes or no? What does it matter? I'm getting married to him in less than thirty minutes. Délé go. I beg you in the name of God.", she pleaded.

" Nenye, don't be evasive. Answer me.", he shouted.

"Keep it down!", she whispered.

" Then give me my answers.", he whisper-yelled.

"Fine. Nonso and I were engaged but we had a fight. I decided to test the waters. I met you and things went well. But Nonso came back and started saying the things I wanted him to say. I took him back but you got hurt and for that I'm sorry.", she said.

He looked at her in anger before muttering, " Sorry doesn't cut it!." He left the dressing room and Nenye for good. She resisted the urge to run after him and tell him she was lying. She had to let him go. She'd rather have him hate her than have him dead. She sighed and hoped he'd stop hating her one day.

He sat in his car, replaying what Nenye said. She was testing the waters with his feelings and he fell for it.
Délé, you're so stupid; falling for her.

He was lost in thought when he heard his car door open. He saw Nonye enter his car.

"What do you want this time?", he fired at her.

" Look, I know you're angry but there's something you need to know.", she said.

"I'm not listening to anymore lies from you Ojimbas.", he answered.

" Délé, listen. Everything Nenye said is a lie. She loves you. She was never engaged to Nonso. She has always loved you. She is being forced to marry him. My dad wants his father's support for his senatorial campaign. She still loves you. Everything I told you was a lie. An act my father wrote, directed and produced.", she explained.

"Why are you telling me this?", he inquired.

" I betrayed my sister once. I will never be able to make up for it. I can only try to make amends.", she answered and got out of the car.

✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴✴

Tinú stirred again. She heard banging followed by groans. She dismissed it as their next door night owl neighbour. The banging persisted. She groaned and grumbled as she got out of bed to tell their neighbour to can it. She put on her robe and slipped into her flip-flops and stomped out of her room to the front door.

Not everybody is a night owl like you.

She opened the door only to find a drunk Délé leaning against the jamb. He reeked of alcohol and the stench made her head spin. He looked pathetic. He had bruises on his face as if he had been in a fight.

"What took you so long?", he slurred.

" Délé, what happened? ", she asked as she moved out of the doorway for him to come in. He stumbled and she rushed to his side to help him. She put his arm over her shoulders and supported his weight. She kicked the door close and locked it with her free hand.

" You smell like oranges.", he pointed out, talking drunkenly.

"Shut up!", she chided and helped him to his room. She opened the door with her free hand and kicked the door close. She led him to the bathroom and dumped him in the showerstall.

" What are we doing in the bathroom?", he asked.

"Snapping you out of your stupidity.", she answered and turned the shower on. He grumbled and groaned his displeasure.

" What the hell is wrong with you?!", he sputtered shouted over the awakening torrent. She glared at him and turned the shower off.

"I should be asking you that! What if it was your mum who opened the door? How do you think she'd feel. Grow up, Délé. Hearts get broken but they heal. This will be the only and last time I do this for you. If you come home drunk again, trust me, you'd see a broken heart as a luxury. When you're done here, there'll be coffee waiting in the kitchen.", she explained and turned the shower back on and left to make him a cup of black coffee.

He turned off the shower and sighed. Tinú's words rang in his head. "I should be asking you that! What if it was your mum who opened the door? How do you think she'd feel. Grow up, Délé. Hearts get broken but they heal." He really did have to grow up. He stripped himself of his wet clothes and took a shower.

Tinú stood by the gas cooker thinking of what she said to Délé.

Was I too harsh on him?

The kettle whistled and interrupted her thoughts. She turned off the gas cooker and poured the water into a mug and stirred contents. And set it down on the countertop. She turned to meet Délé sitting by the countertop.

"Your coffee.", she said coldly and turned to leave.

" Tinu, wait.", he muttered stopping her in her tracks.

"Yes?", she asked and turned to face him

" Thank you.", he told her.

"Sure thing.", she answered and left.

He stirred the contents of the mug and took a sip. He replayed the incidents that happened earlier in the day.

6 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi(f): 7:59pm On Sep 10, 2019
Enjoy.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by fareedah86: 2:21pm On Sep 12, 2019
You are a good writer,i love the story....come and complete this story o

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (70) (Reply)

Bukky Alakara / The President's Daughter And I (season 2) By Victvames / *The Players Curse*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 156
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.