Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,524,985 members, 5,778,562 topics. Date: Sunday, 09 August 2020 at 06:21 AM

"Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi - Literature (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi (264806 Views)

Matrimony Of Secrets / "The Secrets" - A Story Written By A Nairalander / House Of Secrets : A Story By Angelsss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Treasurewamiri(f): 2:02pm On Jul 31
Please keep Jaiye safe for us O!

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi(f): 3:58pm On Jul 31
“Daddy!” Dapo shouted.
Felicia huddled beside him and knelt to support him.
“Let’s get him to the car!” Felicia sobbed.
“There’s a gridlock. We can’t get on to the main road.” Ayo said.
Thankfully.
If the matter got to the police, Adunni would be charged with aggravated assault and stripped off her uniform.
“Then call an ambulance.” She yelled.
“If we can’t go out, an ambulance can’t come in.”
Jaiye’s grip on her hand tightened and he groaned.
“Get him up and let’s get him in inside.” He shouted at Felicia.
He turned and faced Adunni. “Do you still have your first aid kit?!”
Adunni nodded in her tears.
“Then we’ll have to get the bullet out.” Ayo said and walked back to Jaiye. “Let’s get him inside. We’ll remove the bullet.”

Felicia latched onto Jaiye’s hand and palmed his head. His eyes were squeezed and his hand in hers pressed hers back. His chest rose and fell and groans left his lips.
“Just stay with me. Please.” She sobbed.
Adunni and Ayo moved left and right gathering items and bringing them back to the dinning table.
“Rather than say useless words, try putting pressure on his wound.” Ayo dictated as he washed his hand at the sink by the dinning table.
Felicia glared at the back of his head and did as she was told.
Ayo rushed back to the table and grabbed a bottle of gin from the stash on the table. He took a swig from the bottle and grimaced. He exhaled and pressed the bottle to Jaiye's lips.
“My husband doesn’t drink.” Felicia said still pressing her palms on Jaiye’s wound.
“The pain will be ten times worse if he doesn’t take a gulp of this.” Ayo snarled.
Jaiye opened in eyes and guzzled from the bottle. Ayo pulled the bottle away and Jaiye groaned in pain and from the heat of the drink. Ayo poured some gin on his hands and rubbed them together. He turned to face Adunni who was crying beside Dapo.
“Adunni, you’re better at stitching. I’m going to need you here.” Ayo said.
“That crazy witch is not touching my husband.” Felicia growled like a protective grizzly bear.
“Felicia, please.” Jaiye moaned. “Just let them get this thing out of me.”
Ayo shook his head and grabbed a paring knife from the bowl filled with now warm water. Felicia took her hands off Jaiye’s wound.
“Unbutton his shirt.” Ayo ordered.
Felicia's sticky hand fumbled his buttons as she started from the bottom up. Tears blinded her eyes as she moved her hands. She had never seen so much blood in her life. And it was Jaiye’s blood.
She pushed the shirt apart and Ayo stared at the wound.
“I’m going to cut open the wound and then dig out the bullet. It’s going to hurt like hell.” Ayo informed Jaiye.
He nodded, his breath coming in short pants. “Do it.”
Ayo nodded and reached for the bottle of liquid courage. He took another sip and dropped the bottle.
He put the knife to Jaiye’s wound and sliced open the skin at his side. Jaiye yelled in pain.
“Jay, just hold my hand and look at me!” Felicia cooed and palmed his head. Jaiye grabbed her arm and squeezed it like his life depended on it. “Babe, look at me.”
Jaiye’s scrunched eyes opened and he looked at her. She gave him a water smile and nodded.
“It’s going to be okay.”
Jaiye clenched his jaws and nodded panting. His show of strength was cut short as Ayo jammed his fingers into the wound.
He screamed again and his grip on Felicia’s arm almost snapped it in two.
“Babe, you’re going to be okay.” Felicia shouted above his screams.
Ayo moved his fingers around trying to locate the bullet. With each move of his fingers, Jaiye screamed.
“I've found it!” Ayo shouted. He pulled out a bullet and tossed it on a white plate. He checked the bullet to make sure it was complete. “Adunni, over to you.”
Adunni walked towards them and washed her hands with the gin. She picked up a needle and worked at closing up Jaiye’s wounds.
He groaned in pain as she did, not letting go of Felicia’s throbbing arm.

Ayo pulled Adunni into a corner as Felicia and her family discussed in the dining. She gasped at the force of the pull and he clamped his hand over her mouth.
“If you love yourself, you’ll pack a few things and get out of here. This guy has connections. He might want to charge you and I wouldn’t want to see you in prison. Not with the amount of people you’ve put there.” He whispered.
“Where do I go?” She whimpered.
“I don’t know but make sure it’s far. Very far.” He said.
She nodded.
“I’ll keep them distracted.”
He made to leave but she pulled him back and hugged him.
“Thank you.”
He nodded and left her.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi(f): 4:07pm On Jul 31
Okay....

I'm mad and this is a rant.

I've stated it time and time again. Ocean of Secrets is NOT like other stories. There is no how you've read the book from page one till now and not come across one of such disclaimers.

Really....

I don't write like most writers. It's my blessing and my curse. My style and plots are different. I believe life can be shitty, so I won't paint no fairy tale.

Granted, some people scale through life without experiencing shit. I don't write about such people.

So, I find it really annoying when you say my work is complicated.

I might be overreacting or misunderstanding your comments but I'm really irked when I read that.

Please. Let's refrain from it.

My hands are together and my knees on the floor.

I'm not opposed to you asking questions but you flat out condemning my work as complicated is ANNOYING.

There's freedom but let's not abuse it.

Thanks.

AND THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR 255K VIEWS.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by hotswagg12: 4:28pm On Jul 31
Thanks for the update and keep up the good work.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by cricifixo: 4:41pm On Jul 31
Sincerely this is the only story i constantly check on for updates like countless times in a day.
I love your work
millieademi:
Okay....

I've stated it time and time again. Ocean of Secrets is NOT like other stories. There is no how you've read the book from page one till now and not come across one of such disclaimers.

Really....

I don't write like most writers. It's my blessing and my curse. My style and plots are different. I believe life can be shitty, so I won't paint no fairy tale.

Granted, some people scale through life without experiencing shit. I don't write about such people.

I might be overreacting or misunderstanding your comments but I'm really irked when I read that.

I'm not opposed to you asking questions but you flat out condemning my work as complicated is ANNOYING.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ohibenemma(m): 5:55pm On Jul 31
millieademi:
Okay....

Thanks.

Millieademi, eku ise. But you know that your work is wonderfully complicated nau. Lol. Don't allow such comments get you mad. It's your style. Yes, it is!

The typical Nigerian (Lagosians especially) is impatient. So they expect you to cut the chase and get to the end of the story quickly, especially as the story appears like one of those with an end (some stories have no intended end - just a mash of different loosely connected experiences).

They want Tinu and Chris to earn their freedom, Roselle and Co issues done with, Dele and Seyifunmi finally married, etc. But that's not your style, right? You are on a detailed scene by scene analysis which some of us have gotten frustrated with.

But it's your story and we're enjoying it. Your consistency is even surprising. One of its kind! If I say your story is complicated, just smile, shake_your_head_for_me, and move on.

Bring it on, Millieademi. Nothing do you!

3 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by jadeliyi(m): 8:21pm On Jul 31
millieademi:
Okay....

Really....

Thanks.

calm down ma'am, if we could watch and read American series without probs , some people like myself love these twists , pls don't end the story soon o. you are exceptional different and that makes you outstanding.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi(f): 8:37pm On Jul 31
MJ raised her feet up, crossing them on Gabriel’s laps. Her fingers typed away as she chatted with her new friend. Relaxed, she yawned and Gabriel through a throw pillow on her face.
“Cover your mouth!” He chastised her.
She glared and continued planning her next outing with Nneoma, the girl she’d met at work.
“Guess who came here the other day.” Gabriel said and reduced the volume of the television.
“Who?” She asked still looking at her phone.
“Tanya!” He said laughing. She dropped her hands holding her phone and looked at Gabriel who was staring back at her.
“Is that supposed to be a joke?” MJ said.
“Im not joking. Tanya was here.” Gabriel said. Tanya pulled her legs off his laps and sat up.
“You mean to tell me Tanya was here and you’re just telling me?” She shouted.
“Don’t shout on me.” He said, his voice deep with irritation.
She clicked her throat and said, “What did you now tell her?”
“She said she was kidnapped, her baby stolen and she needed my help. I changed it for her and told her some rooster and bull story of how I heard that she ran off with a yahoo boy. I acted the heartbroken, angry boyfriend and told her to leave.” He explained.
“Ooo God!” MJ groaned and stood. “You shouldn’t have done that. Not with Tinu’s trial so close. She could go and testify in her favor.”
“And tell the judge she poisoned Chris on our instruction?” He said with an eyebrow raised at the absurdity of MJ's suggestion. “Tanya is neither a martyr nor a saint. She won’t give up her life for anybody.”
MJ nodded. “You’re right. I’m just overreacting.”
Gabriel nodded and increased the volume of the television. MJ sat back down mulling over Gabriel's words.
He was right. Tanya wouldn’t dare try to testify. She’d go to prison as well.

“Hold it!”
Tanya dropped the bunch of unripe bananas in her hand as shivers shook her from crown to sole. It wasn’t the cool night breeze that caused her to quiver. It was getting caught stealing fruit from the garden behind the manse.
Ever since she slipped into the church desperate for a place to lay her head four days ago, she’d been shutting between the garden and the toilets. The fence demarcating both being low. She’d been able to jump into the garden whenever she was hungry. And jump back into the toilet area.
She had been feeding from the fruits of a mango tree but having exhausted all the fruits on the lower branches, she had to resort to eating unripe bananas. She’d stooled the entire night before but she had no option but to go for them again this night.
Leaves scrunched under the heavy steps of the guard. She prayed and hoped they wouldn’t have her arrested.
The man’s woolen gloved hands grabbed her arm and turned her to face him. The man placed the flashlight right in her face and she squeezed her eyes shut.
“Who you be?” The man barked with his breath reeking of onions.
He had probably been eating suya. Her stomach growled at the thought of meat.
“Who you be?” The man shouted and shook her.
She raised her hands and pleaded, “Please sir.”
“So na you dey teach chair from vestry?” The man accused.
She shook her head. “No sir.”
“Shebi you dey steal banana for hia? You be thief!” The man said and hit her nose with the flashlight. The heat from the light made her vertiginous. She swallowed and pleaded.
“Sir, I take God beg you, I no be thief. Na hunger hook me. Abeg.” She cried descending almost to her knees.
“Na lie! You be thief. Na police go come carry you!”
“Ha! Oga abeg.” She sobbed.
She just got her life back. She couldn’t go back to captivity.
“You for think am well before you come steal.”
The man dragged her out of the garden, paying no attention to her pleas for mercy. He pulled her light frame with one hand and held a whistle to his lips with the other. He started blowing and she sobbed.
One guard might have let her go, but if he called the rest on her, they’d no doubt decide to call the police.
“Zachariah, what is going on here? And why are you manhandling this young lady?” A male voice said and the man spinned them around.
The voice was the most gentle voice she had ever heard in her life. It soothed her fears and was like a balm to her soul. The elderly man in white robes was hoary and kindness shimmered in his eyes.
“Father Paul, I caught this girl stealing banana from the garden.” The guard reported as he flicked his flashlight off, as it was no longer needed, not with the blinding security lights.
The man turned to her. “So you’re the one responsible for our scantier mango tree.”
“Father, please. I am not a thief.” She pleaded with her hands together.
The guard shook her and said, “And you were stealing. No, na pilot you be. Onye ori.”
“It’s okay, Zachariah. There’s no need for name calling. Stop mauling the lady. Leave her alone.”
The guard shouted, “This one na professional. If we leave her, she go run, go regroup come carry everything for sacristy.”
“Enough Zachariah.” The priest said and raised his hand in caution. “The young lady said she’s not a thief. Let her alone.”
Tanya nodded in affirmation.
“Father Paul, dem no dey write am for face. As she fine reach, she fit be thief.” The guard protested.
“I said let her alone.” The priest insisted.
“Okay o.” The man said frowning and let Tanya go. She rubbed her arm and genuflected.
“Thank you sir.”
“Father.” The guard corrected, fuming and crossing his arms across his chest. “Na thank you Father you go say.”
“Thank you Father.” She said.
“It’s alright, my child.” The man said and smiled at her.
“Father, this one no fit be your child. Ogbenge thief, correct criminal. She-“
“Zachariah, I think you should continue your patrol.” The priest silenced him with a glare. The guard nodded and left grumbling.
“Now, my dear, why are you here? I don’t believe a thief would come in just to steal bananas.”

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ann2012(f): 5:14am On Aug 01
Thanks for the update ma'am
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by cricifixo: 7:26am On Aug 01
Thanks for the update millie, can't wait for update on jaiye

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by segunjowo(m): 4:44pm On Aug 01
My first comment since I started reading your story quietly...
I know all the characters matter to your story and your effort to make it a good one is appreciated but @Milliademi, you need to go straight to points in your narratives. I actually thought you'd keep us focused and not loose tract on the lead characters: Dele, Tinu and Chris. Maybe some other handful ones. But, I am not a writer, though I understand the pains you guys go thru to make stories interesting, so, let me leave you to continue. I hope you bring this to a wrap in no distant time.
*XoXo*

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Inkopere: 6:33pm On Aug 01
Wow, I have been glued for some days, to this story from the beginning, I love d suspense and everything.

Kudos

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by GodShowmemercy(f): 7:55pm On Aug 01
More update. More grease to ur elbow

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Khriztarl(f): 8:14pm On Aug 01
Millieademi got pissed hearing her story was complicated. Wow, babe you know better that reaction. C'mon, you said it yourself. You don't write like other writers that we've seen/met, thats a plus glory on your path. You shouldn't get upset because some one who prolly havn't read something this mind blowing criticized you. You're the best since i know. Thanks for this. And please, when they say your work is complicated just smile and say thankyou. If they don't like it they should look for 'obi is a boy' and read. Kudos to you.
BTW. Your last update needs edition. I saw a mistake in the names, instead of MJ You wrote Tanya, and got me thinking 'what the...' later, I Got to understand anyway. Thanks for the update.

3 Likes

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Khriztarl(f): 8:16pm On Aug 01
So, Tanya would repent of her sins? Wow. Freedom to Tinu.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi(f): 8:16pm On Aug 01
Hi guys...

Happy New Month and Happy Birth Month to all those born in August, including ME.

Yep, the countdown has begun.

1 day down, 27 more to go.

Also, Ocean of Secrets: The Flow will begin this month as well. August 12. No shaking.

So, I want to dedicate every update in this month to those born in August. So if there's anyone on this thread born in August, send your dates, so I can make the updates out to you.

That aside....

Here's today's update. And it's made out to ang amazing person on this thread born on the first of August.

You're a bundle of joy, honey. God bless you!

“Now, my dear, why are you here? I don’t believe a thief would come in just to steal bananas.”
“Father, I’m sorry for stealing your fruit. It’s not like I wanted to. I had no choice. I was part of the ladies kidnapped by the baby factory.”
The man gasped in shock.
“I’ve lost my job, my apartment and I have nowhere else to go.” She explained.
“What about your family?”
“My mother and siblings are back in the village and I came to Abuja to work as a maid to support them after my father died.”
She rubbed her arms as the breeze blew her chilly.
“Why don’t you come inside? It’s warm and we can find you something to eat.” The man said.
“Thank you, Father.” She said.

Ajiri stood by the table turning away from Tinu. She heard Dele ask for the umpteenth time if she could remember the twins from the album before her. Like the other gazillion times he had asked, Tinu remained quiet. She shut her eyes to hold back tears. When Debola had told her, she had thought he was exaggerating.
Tinu had lost herself. She was worse than a shadow of herself. She was as thin as an AIDS patient, her colour pasty and her eyes looked like her soul had been sucked out of them.
“Tinu, please say something.” Dele pleaded.
Tinu remained quiet.
She turned back to face Tinu, she slammed her hands on the table, and said, “Atinuke Coker, I know you are in there. Just say something.”
The blast of her voice caused the murmurs and chattering in the visiting hall to pause. Everyone turned to look at Tinu’s table.
Ajiri had hoped the edge in her voice would snap Tinu out of her haze. She stared at the same point on the wall behind them.
The murmurs continued.
Ajiri sighed and bent over the table, “Tinu, please.” The tears she’d been holding back slipped out. “For the children, please.”
Tinu’s gaze left the wall to settle on Ajiri’s face. Ajiri gasped as a flicker of hope waved in her chest.
“Who are you people?” She asked as she looked from Ajiri to Dele.
Her heart broke at Tinu’s question.
“Tinu, it’s us. Dele and AJ.” Dele said.
“Leave me alone!” She shouted, her voice silencing the room again. “He sent you, didn’t he? I didn’t kill him. Why won’t he believe me?”
Tears fell from her face and Ajiri stretched her hand out to comfort her.
“Don’t touch me!” Tinu shouted and scratched at Ajiri’s hand and drew blood.
Ajiri panted in fear and clutched her bleeding hand to her chest. When did Tinu become this way? She turned around to see inmates laughing and hailing 'Obiliwisky'. Guards drew closer to take her back to her solitary confinement.
She shrieked as the two guards grabbed her arms.
“Tell him to stop. I didn’t kill him!”
Her shrieks were heard for a long time even after she was hauled out of the hall.
Jason Oduah followed the specialist doctor as he led him to the ward where his son was being held. After the incident that happened the last time, he decided having Chris looked after in a specialist institution would be better: a specialist home in England.
The man had called to inform him of Chris’s development and he came to confirm, to confirm if his son had actually forgotten about that girl.
The guard in front of the ward unlock the door and the doctor went in first. He followed the man into the minimalist and unvarnished room, or better, a white box. White flooring, ceiling, and bedding.
Two things stood out in the room the black and steel wheelchair and Chris’s dark skin.
His son sat in the wheelchair and faced the window with a view of a manicured lawn.
“We’ve been keeping him on a newly formulated amnesiac and electrotherapy to get the job done.” The small, grey doctor said with a Saxony German accent.
Jason walked around his son to face him. Chris’s eyes were bloodshot and distant with his head tilted to one side. A bit of drool trickled unto his beard and dripped to his white hospital gown.
His heart twinged with pain to see his son like that but he had to do what had to be done.
“He’s a bit delicate, so you have to be gentle with him.” The doctor reminded and pushed back his glasses slipping from his nose.
“Chris?” His father called.
Chris’s eyes darted to him. Jason gave him a weak smile and continued.
“Do you know who I am?”
Chris shook his head as slow as a snail pacing.
“Do you remember your wife?”
Confusion coloured Chris's eyes and then he looked away.
Jason sighed. “Do you know Tinu?”
Chris looked at the man and shook his head again in the same slow fashion.
Jason let out a sigh of relief.
“What about Temi? Tomini? Do you remember them?”
Chris stared out the window.
“Chris, do you remember them?”
Chris kept mute and continued staring out the window.
“Chris answer me.” Jason said, impatient.
“Sir, he probably doesn’t remember.” The doctor inputted.
Jason sighed and nodded. If he didn’t remember Tinu, he’d probably not remember her children.
He patted his son's shoulder. “This is for your own good, Chris.”
“Cyan Lady.” Chris mumbled.
“What?!” Jason asked.
“He’s been saying that a lot.” The doctor said. “Does it mean anything?”
“Cyan Lady.” Chris mumbled and pointed out the window. Jason turned and saw an empty lawn.
“I know he has a yatch, The Cyan Lady. But why will he be calling out his yatch's name?” Jason asked and turned back to the doctor.
“I’ve treated a lot of patients. Many of them hang on to the weirdest of memories. That’s probably the only shard he can reconnect with.” The doctor explained.
“I hope that doesn’t mean he’ll regain his memory.”
“Not if we keep him on his dosage and electrotherapy.”
Jason nodded.
“Let’s leave the patient alone.”
Jason turned to look at his son once more before turning to leave. As he got to the door, he heard his son laugh and call out again.
“Cyan Lady.”

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi(f): 8:19pm On Aug 01
Inkopere:
Wow, I have been glued for some days, to this story from the beginning, I love d suspense and everything.

Kudos

Thank you, dear.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi(f): 8:21pm On Aug 01
Khriztarl:
Millieademi got pissed hearing her story was complicated. Wow, babe you know better that reaction. C'mon, you said it yourself. You don't write like other writers that we've seen/met, thats a plus glory on your path. You shouldn't get upset because some one who prolly havn't read something this mind blowing criticized you. You're the best since i know. Thanks for this. And please, when they say your work is complicated just smile and say thankyou. If they don't like it they should look for 'obi is a boy' and read. Kudos to you.
BTW. Your last update needs edition. I saw a mistake in the names, instead of MJ You wrote Tanya, and got me thinking 'what the...' later, I Got to understand anyway. Thanks for the update.

Yesterday was a bad day for me. Faced some form of criticism from people and seeing here again, I think I lashed out.

I apologise.

As per editing, I'll get to it. Thanks for pointing it out.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi(f): 8:27pm On Aug 01
segunjowo:
My first comment since I started reading your story quietly...
I know all the characters matter to your story and your effort to make it a good one is appreciated but @Milliademi, you need to go straight to points in your narratives. I actually thought you'd keep us focused and not loose tract on the lead characters: Dele, Tinu and Chris. Maybe some other handful ones. But, I am not a writer, though I understand the pains you guys go thru to make stories interesting, so, let me leave you to continue. I hope you bring this to a wrap in no distant time.
*XoXo*
and

Thanks for the comment.

So as per the ''relegation" of some of the cast, I'll just say it's for the advancement of the plot. Everything is like some sort of clue that will lead to the end.

Did that make sense? I'm not sure.

Just think of it like the MCU movies. After an Avengers movie, you watch a Captain America movie or Antman just to get a glimpse of the bigger picture and an in-depth understanding of the characters
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Khriztarl(f): 8:49pm On Aug 01
millieademi:

Yesterday was a bad day for me. Faced some form of criticism from people and seeing here again, I think I lashed out.

I apologise.

As per editing, I'll get to it. Thanks for pointing it out.
Its alright sweetheart.
so Tinu is now psycho. Chris's face has been changed. His memories wiped out. How on earth would this dots be connected. So las las Tinu and dele would come back together. Haew.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Uniquechild(f): 8:49pm On Aug 01
Why is Chris's father treating him like this? Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Andrew13: 10:12pm On Aug 01
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Ann2012(f): 10:18pm On Aug 01
Jason is so heartless, he wants to turn his own son into a vegetable......
How I wish Tinu will recover soon
Thanks for the update ma'am

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Oremeyii(f): 3:46am On Aug 02
There has been so much updates I'm almost lostsad
Don't know what I did for them but anti-spam bot blocked me.

I'll just jump to the date of birth part...my birthday is on the 29th(I think I've said it before)my brother's is on the 27th so mid-ground for us is 28th and now I'm hearing that yours is on the 28th....or is it?

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi(f): 4:29am On Aug 02
Oremeyii:
There has been so much updates I'm almost lostsad
Don't know what I did for them but anti-spam bot blocked me.

I'll just jump to the date of birth part...my birthday is on the 29th(I think I've said it before)my brother's is on the 27th so mid-ground for us is 28th and now I'm hearing that yours is on the 28th....or is it?

Yep.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Fortunebae(f): 6:59am On Aug 02
Hey Millie, I see what you are doing here and it's nothing short of excellent, keep up the good work Ma'am.

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi(f): 9:54am On Aug 02
Felicia held open the door as Dapo wheeled in the food cart to their room. Dapo walked with a slight limp and a frown formed on her face. The doctor had told her not to worry that Dapo would heal in no time once he continued with therapy.
The sight made her want to find Adunni and pulled her throat out of her body. The woman had had the sense to run. Felicia had wanted to put a bounty out on her head, but Jaiye had insisted they let her be.
He told her about Adunni’s history as a psychosocial patient. She knew he felt some sort of empathy towards her and he expected her to do the same, but she just couldn’t feel pity for the woman who kept her son away from her and almost turned her insane.
“Daddy, we brought you lunch!” Dapo squealed and pushed the cart a little faster.
Her frown deepened as Jaiye looked up from the papers he was going through. He gave her a nervous smile and took off his glasses.
She walked to the bed and placed her hands on her hips and glared at him. Or tried to glare at him. His bare torso was a big distraction.
He adjusted himself and smiled.
“I’m sorry. I got bored. Bed rest is not my thing.” He said scratching the back of his head.
“Na so.” She quipped as Dapo sat on the bed beside his father.
“How was therapy today?” Jaiye asked Dapo as he ruffled his hair.
“Okay.” Dapo said and shrugged. “Doctor said I’ll still have to stay at home for a weak before I go back to school. I miss school.” Dapo said and pouted.
Felicia placed the tray on the cart on Jaiye’s laps. She adjusted the cutleries and placed a napkin by his side. She packed up the files and papers he was works on and placed them on the bottom layer on the cart.
“Fel-“
“Don’t Fel me. I hid them in the wardrobe but you went rummaging for it. I’ll have to keep them somewhere else.” Felicia said and sat on the bed to check his bandages.
He had suffered a sepsis infection after the 'surgery' Adunni and Ayo did. She had never been more scared, but he pulled through. And now, he was stressing himself out with work.
“Babe, please.”
She fought the urge to smile at the pet name he called her. The last time he called her babe was the blissful couple of months after they got married. Now, he’d made it a habit, especially after she’d called him 'babe' while Ayo was trying to remove the bullet from him.
“I’ll go mad if I don’t work. You’ve already ceased my laptop. Just let me do something.” He pleaded and Dapo giggled.
“There’s a television there,” Felicia said pointing at the wall opposite them, “watch Supersport or something.”
Jaiye groaned and Felicia and Dapo laughed.
“You know most men would jump at that offer.” She sat beside him.
He rolled his eyes at her.
“Mummy, can I go and watch TV? It will soon be time for SpongeBob.” Dapo asked.
“Alright.” She said and Dapo jumped off the bed and ran out of the room.
“Dapo, stop running!” She shouted.
What if he fell again and something happened to his legs? What was it with the men in her life? Her father too had started complaining about his diet and asking for red meat. Did they want to kill her?
Her heart raced as she thought of Dapo leaving the house again.
“I’m coming. Let me go and check on Dapo.” She said and made to stand, but Jaiye held her hand.
“Dapo isn’t leaving again,” Jaiye said.
She exhaled and said, “I can’t go through that again, Jaiye.”
“You won’t.”
“Everytime he’s out of my sight, I feel like he’s gone again and I’ll never get him back.” She confessed with tears in her eyes.
“Fear won’t solve it, Felicia. Being afraid will only make you miserable. We’ve talked to him and told him not to do it again. He promised us he wouldn’t. Besides, we’ve prayed about it. Leave it to God.” Jaiye advised.
She pursed her lips and nodded.
Moving his tray off his laps to the other side of the bed, he patted the space by his side.
She moved over to sit by his side. She brushed his wound and he hissed.
“Sorry! I’m sorry!” She quipped and bent to check if his stitches had ruptured.
Jaiye burst into a fit of laughter. She looked up at him and knew he was feigning his hurt.
“It’s not funny.” She said and crossed her arms over her chest.
“Sorry! I’m sorry!” He quipped mimicking her.
“Jaiye, it’s not funny.”
“You should have seen your face.”
She fought back a smile as he pulled her closer and pulled one of her hands away from her chest. Interlocking his fingers with hers, he brought the back of her hand to his lips and kissed it.
“Remember what Pastor Clement used to say during MC classes.”
“Which one?!” Felicia said with a Calabar accent, mimicking their pastor.
Jaiye chuckled and said, “There are three people in every Christian marriage. The husband, the wife and God.”
Her tense hand in his relaxed.
“And he is the most important member. The foundation on which the marriage ought to be built, the arbitrator, the giver of all good and perfect things, the defender from the spiritual battles. He continued.
“I remember.” She sighed.
“So, we are not in this alone. He's gat us, okay?”
She smiled and nodded.
“Thanks for reminding me.”
“No problemo, babe.”
She smiled again and he kissed her temple.
“Do I get my laptop and files back now?” He asked.
She moved away. “Nice try. Eat your food.”
“Feed me, na. I’m still recovering.” Felicia looked at him and his attempt at a puppy dog face.
She laughed and shook her head.
“Pwease baby!” He pleaded and rubbed his cheek against her face.
“Fine.” She called laughing.
“I love you, babe.”
She sat in front of him and placed the tray by her side. “I love you too.”

Margaux dropped the bottle of wine as Daniel wheeled out his suitcases. He had insisted on moving out till the divorce was finalized. It was all like a terrible dream but seeing him holding those black boxes snapped her out of her delusion.
She rushed to him with tears in her eyes. She latched onto his shirt.
“Daniel, don’t leave me. Please, I’m sorry.” She sobbed.
“Margaux, we’ve talked about this. Let me go, please.” Daniel said.
“No.” She cried and shook her head. She hugged and cried on to his chest. “Please, I'm sorry.”
“Margaux, stop this. Please.” Daniel whined and pulled her hands. She tightened the her hold on him.
“I can’t live without you. Please. Don’t do this to me.” She said and looked up at him.
He pulled her away and picked up his bags.
She blocked his way with her arms wide open. “Daniel, if you leave me, I'll kill myself.” She threatened.
He rolled his eyes and said, “Don’t be ridiculous. Get out of my way.”
Margaux shook her head. “If you walk out that door, Daniel, I will kill myself. I’m not bluffing. My life lacks meaning without you. Don’t go, please.” She begged and dropped her arms.
Daniel shook his head. “Marge, I’m doing this for both of us. For our sanity. Let me go, please.”
Margaux walked up to him and clutched the lapels of his shirt. “I’ll go mad without you. I will work at being a better wife.” She sniffled and smoothed out the crinkles that formed on his shirt.
“Anything you want me to do, I’ll do it. If it’s counselling, rehab, anything. I’ll walk through fire to save our marriage. I love you that much, Daniel. Don’t leave me. Please.”
He rolled his eyes and said, “Our marriage will fail nonetheless. There’s so much between us. I’ve hurt you and I can’t imagine living in that anymore.”
She gulped and said, “Daniel, I forgive you. Just stay.”
He laughed mirthlessly. “You can’t forgive me. I know you. You would never forgive me.”
“I can and I will.” She shouted. “I forgive you!”
“You can’t forgive me. I know you can’t.” He whispered.
“Daniel, I can and I have already!” She shouted.
Why was he insisting on it? She’d forgiven him for the drinking and beating and humiliation? Why was he so bent on believing she couldn’t?
“You can’t forgive me because I killed Chris!” He shouted. She took two steps back and looked at him.
Her face crumpled and she whispered, “Do you really want to get away from me that much? That you have to make up such lies?”
“I’m not lying.” He insisted.
She walked closer to him. “We all know Tinu poisoned Chris. So why are you saying this? Is it another woman?” She shouted.
She banged on his chest as it dawned on her. “So that’s what this is about! You have another woman!”
He grabbed her hands and stared her in the eyes. “I killed Chris. I gave him an overdose and he died by my hands.”
Realizing he wasn’t lying, she shrunk away from him.
“Please, tell me it’s a lie!” She whispered.
He bowed his head in shame.
“God!” She cried. “Tinu’s in jail because of you!”
Tinu would die without a chance of proving her innocence, because of what she had asked Rasheed to do.
“God!” She shouted. “Tinu is going to die because of you and you kept wuite this whole time!”
He shook his head and tears fell from his eyes.
“I was afraid. I didn’t want to lose you and Genny and my licence. But I can’t take it anymore.” Daniel pleaded.
She shook her head. “That’s despicable. You’re despicable.”
Her chest rose and fell in rage. Tinu’s blood would be on her hands and it was his fault.
“I don’t know what to say to you.”
He sniffled and walked closer to her, “Are you going to tell the police?”
Her brow shot up in disbelief. Even after this time, his first thought was still self-preservation. If she told the police, Tinu would be free. On the other hand, she’d be sending her husband and the fatehr of her daughter to his death.
“Get out!”
“What?!”
“You wanted to leave, right? Get out and stay out. I’ll keep your terrible secret but I don’t want to see your despicable face again.”

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by millieademi(f): 10:05am On Aug 02
Khriztarl:

Its alright sweetheart.
so Tinu is now psycho. Chris's face has been changed. His memories wiped out. How on earth would this dots be connected. So las las Tinu and dele would come back together. Haew.

I hope we know what Cyan Lady means.
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by skubido(m): 10:23am On Aug 02
Hmmmmm

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Excel1405(f): 10:25am On Aug 02
Chris remembered the first time he met Tiny kudos to you for this wonderful masterpiece

1 Like

Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by pearl009(f): 10:44am On Aug 02
wow, mili we shared the same birthday.. Awwww�, this is so sweet, in massive advance to us babe
btw, thanks for the wonderful update, God bless your
Re: "Ocean Of Secrets" A Story By Millieademi by Khriztarl(f): 1:21pm On Aug 02
millieademi:

I hope we know what Cyan Lady means.
According to what i read, cyan lady's a yatch. Or am i wrong?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (Reply)

Bukky Alakara / The President's Daughter And I (season 2) By Victvames / *The Players Curse*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 315
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.