Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,995 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:37 AM

SCAM! Dr. Yakubu Nura Did NOT Win Any “World Physics Competition” - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / SCAM! Dr. Yakubu Nura Did NOT Win Any “World Physics Competition” (28889 Views)

Yakubu Nura: UNIMAID Press Release On Winning 'World Physics Champion' / FRAUD ALERT: Dr. Yakubu Nura Did NOT Win Any “world Physics Competition” / Yakubu Nura Wins "World Championship In Physics" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

SCAM! Dr. Yakubu Nura Did NOT Win Any “World Physics Competition” by KEVIND: 7:34am On Aug 12, 2019
By Farooq Kperogi

Dr. Yakubu Nura Did NOT Win Any “World Physics Competition”!

The Nigerian cyber space is being lit up with the news that a certain Dr. Yakubu Nuru of the University of Maiduguri has won “the World Physics Competition by defeating about 5720 contenders from 97 countries.” This “feat” reputedly earned him the distinction of becoming “the father of modern Einstein's planetary equation studies in Physics.” Hahahaha!

The truth is that Dr. Nura is the willing victim of a scam, a kind of scam I call scams of ego, which prey on the status anxieties and low self-esteem of insecure, fraud-prone people. World Championship, the "organization" that conferred the “award” on Dr. Nura, is a well-known scam operation that does not, for strategically fraudulent reasons, have a site with its own domain name. It uses a free sites.google.com account to perpetrate its scams.

Anyone who pays a fee can get any—I mean ANY—award from the site. Check the site (link provided in the comment section below) to see the list of “award winners” it features in every imaginable field. You will find many Nigerians there. Some past Nigerian “winners” even managed to scam the ever credulous Nigerian news media into publicizing their “feat.”
For instance, one Dr. Kaywood Leizou of the Niger Delta University (NDU) got the Guardian to write a story about his “award” from this same fraudulent site on October 19, 2018. Titled “Bayelsa don wins global chemical sciences contest,” the report said, “The Bayelsa-born don beat 5,845 others from 89 countries whose nominations were screened for this year’s edition. Consequently, the International Agency for Standards and Ratings (IASR) has recognised Leizou as one the world’s 500 most influential experts on earth in chemical sciences for the year.”

In 2018, the same website “conferred” one Dr. Shuaib Idris Mohammed of Edo State with the “World Champion in Agricultural Extension (Credit Facilities)” award “out of 91 countries.” The site added: “Dr. Shuaib Idris Mohammed is now recognized as Father of modern Credit Facilities in Agricultural Extension. The purpose of the award is to identify brilliant scientists and academicians around the world through World Championship. The World Championship is organized by International Agency for Standards and Ratings at international level.”

Sounds familiar? That’s the exact language used for Dr. Nura. The same suspiciously atrocious grammar. The “contenders” for the “awards” are always in the thousands—and from more than 90 countries in the world.

But nothing in Nura’s scholarly record—and those of others who have been made “fathers” of whole disciplinary specialties by the fraudulent site—suggests that he is anywhere close to the pinnacle of his career. In fact, most of his articles are published in dodgy, predatory journals that publish ANYTHING submitted to them for a fee.

The saddest thing about this fraud, for me, is that news organizations like the NTA, Voice of Nigeria, Sahara Reporters, and even well-known people like Shehu Sani and Kadaria Ahmed fell for it. It's an easily detectable scam, in my opinion. Nigerians have to be the world’s greatest suckers for cheap scams!

https://mobile.twitter.com/farooqkperogi/status/1160779565565960200

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: SCAM! Dr. Yakubu Nura Did NOT Win Any “World Physics Competition” by nkwuocha1: 7:36am On Aug 12, 2019
grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: SCAM! Dr. Yakubu Nura Did NOT Win Any “World Physics Competition” by mushystuff: 7:37am On Aug 12, 2019
As in! It's unfortunate that Nigerians fall so easily for scams! The so-called award has no dedicated site and d news has only been reported on Nigerian sites n blogs. Unfortunately even our supposed 'mainstream' media were too lazy to verify n fell for the scam.

Where are d pictures of the event or of him receiving the award? If you talk, ignorant louts will call you jealous!

139 Likes 7 Shares

Re: SCAM! Dr. Yakubu Nura Did NOT Win Any “World Physics Competition” by Jamesbally: 7:42am On Aug 12, 2019
Another PAINED Biafran. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SCAM! Dr. Yakubu Nura Did NOT Win Any “World Physics Competition” by kingphilip(m): 7:44am On Aug 12, 2019
He didn't include Nairaland that fell for it hook line and sinker

Our journalism have really gone to the dogs such that there's no investigation any longer to authenticate the report before going to the press

Even the so called Sahara reporters fell for it face flat

107 Likes

Re: SCAM! Dr. Yakubu Nura Did NOT Win Any “World Physics Competition” by Chukwurah003: 7:45am On Aug 12, 2019
These ones are pained. ���

4 Likes

Re: SCAM! Dr. Yakubu Nura Did NOT Win Any “World Physics Competition” by fukushaki(m): 7:46am On Aug 12, 2019
While some zombies were already shinning thier Ruga shoes to shout sai Baba. Prof just gave them uppercut grin

48 Likes

Re: SCAM! Dr. Yakubu Nura Did NOT Win Any “World Physics Competition” by KEVIND: 7:47am On Aug 12, 2019
Jamesbally:

Dr. Farooq Kperogi is a journalism professor, author, blogger, journalist, and researcher based in Greater Atlanta, USA. . He received his Ph.D. in communication from Georgia State University's Department of Communication where he taught journalism for 5 years and won the top Ph.D. student prize called the "Outstanding Academic Achievement in Graduate Studies Award." He earned his Master of Science degree in communication (with a minor in English) from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette and won the Outstanding Master's Student in Communication Award.
He earned his B.A. in Mass Communication (with minors in English and Political Science) from Bayero University, Kano, Nigeria, where he won the Nigerian Television Authority Prize for the Best Graduating Student.

152 Likes 5 Shares

Re: SCAM! Dr. Yakubu Nura Did NOT Win Any “World Physics Competition” by shakushakuist(f): 7:47am On Aug 12, 2019
lol, bad business

grin

15 Likes

Re: SCAM! Dr. Yakubu Nura Did NOT Win Any “World Physics Competition” by ngadaAwo: 7:47am On Aug 12, 2019
[s]
Jamesbally:
[/s]

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: SCAM! Dr. Yakubu Nura Did NOT Win Any “World Physics Competition” by dokyOloye: 7:49am On Aug 12, 2019
Jamesbally:
Farooq Kperogi is talking about Yakubu Nura,but na Biafra you see.
Wetin concern biafra with this news?
My son,what are exactly your fears about Biafra?

175 Likes 13 Shares

Re: SCAM! Dr. Yakubu Nura Did NOT Win Any “World Physics Competition” by hedonido: 7:50am On Aug 12, 2019
Busted.

I smelt a big rat when I read that report.

4 Likes

Re: SCAM! Dr. Yakubu Nura Did NOT Win Any “World Physics Competition” by KEVIND: 7:54am On Aug 12, 2019
Chukwurah003:
These ones are pained. ���

18 Likes

Re: SCAM! Dr. Yakubu Nura Did NOT Win Any “World Physics Competition” by mushystuff: 7:56am On Aug 12, 2019
dokyOloye:
Farooq Kperogi is talking about Yakubu Nura,but na Biafra you see.
Wetin concern biafra with this news?
My son,what are exactly your fears about Biafra?

Ask d thing o!

31 Likes

Re: SCAM! Dr. Yakubu Nura Did NOT Win Any “World Physics Competition” by mushystuff: 7:57am On Aug 12, 2019
hedonido:
Busted.

I smelt a big rat when I read that report.

Make that a big, decomposing, stinky rat!

13 Likes

Re: SCAM! Dr. Yakubu Nura Did NOT Win Any “World Physics Competition” by jk200: 7:58am On Aug 12, 2019
lol.........

See as farooq spoil market for Dr yakubu.
imaginary Award. scammer meet scammer.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: SCAM! Dr. Yakubu Nura Did NOT Win Any “World Physics Competition” by ngadaAwo: 7:59am On Aug 12, 2019
[s]
Jamesbally:

Biafrans would end up as a failed State.
[/s]

6 Likes

Re: SCAM! Dr. Yakubu Nura Did NOT Win Any “World Physics Competition” by mushystuff: 8:00am On Aug 12, 2019
Jamesbally:

Biafrans would end up as a failed State.

And would you really be concerned or worried? The answer is no so in fact it you should be the greatest supporter of Biafra so that such 'crininal' people as you imagine will stop spoiling 'Nigeria' as a country and name. Merely insulting every Igbo name from the SS/SE will not make any difference!

19 Likes

Re: SCAM! Dr. Yakubu Nura Did NOT Win Any “World Physics Competition” by Jamesbally: 8:08am On Aug 12, 2019
KEVIND:

Dr. Farooq Kperogi is a journalism professor, author, blogger, journalist, and researcher based in Greater Atlanta, USA. . He received his Ph.D. in communication from Georgia State University's Department of Communication where he taught journalism for 5 years and won the top Ph.D. student prize called the "Outstanding Academic Achievement in Graduate Studies Award." He earned his Master of Science degree in communication (with a minor in English) from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette and won the Outstanding Master's Student in Communication Award.
He earned his B.A. in Mass Communication (with minors in English and Political Science) from Bayero University, Kano, Nigeria, where he won the Nigerian Television Authority Prize for the Best Graduating Student.

Your explanation.doesnt change the facts that, you are a pained Biafran. grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: SCAM! Dr. Yakubu Nura Did NOT Win Any “World Physics Competition” by ngadaAwo: 8:13am On Aug 12, 2019
[s]
Jamesbally:

Your explanation.doesnt change the facts that, you are a pained Biafran. grin grin grin grin grin
[/s]

18 Likes

Re: SCAM! Dr. Yakubu Nura Did NOT Win Any “World Physics Competition” by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 12, 2019
CC:lalasticlala can you please confirm this
Re: SCAM! Dr. Yakubu Nura Did NOT Win Any “World Physics Competition” by Jamesbally: 8:22am On Aug 12, 2019
mushystuff:

And would you really be concerned or worried? The answer is no so in fact it you should be the greatest supporter of Biafra so that such 'crininal' people as you imagine will stop spoiling 'Nigeria' as a country and name. Merely insulting every Igbo name from the SS/SE will not make any difference!

We can never allow any leader from East hold any National position. If I lie, tell me who is the highest Political office holder from the East today? Senator Abaribe who is the Senate Minority leader, is the highest Political office holder from the East.

Eastern leaders should carry their style of leadership back to the East (bad energy, stay away).. And to correct one of your statement, the South South is not and can never be Biafra.
Quote me anywhere. cool

5 Likes

Re: SCAM! Dr. Yakubu Nura Did NOT Win Any “World Physics Competition” by Arsenella007(f): 8:29am On Aug 12, 2019
Jamesbally:

We can never allow any leader from East hold any National position. If I lie, tell me who is the highest Political office holder from the East today? Senator Abaribe who is the Senate Minority leader, is the highest Political office holder from the East.

Eastern leaders should carry their style of leadership back to the East (bad energy, stay away).. And to correct one of your statement, the South South is not and can never be Biafra.
Quote me anywhere. cool

You are trying so hard to be a troll.. Keep making a fool of yourself

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SCAM! Dr. Yakubu Nura Did NOT Win Any “World Physics Competition” by ngadaAwo: 8:34am On Aug 12, 2019
[s]
Jamesbally:

Quote me anywhere. cool
[/s]

18 Likes

Re: SCAM! Dr. Yakubu Nura Did NOT Win Any “World Physics Competition” by mushystuff: 8:37am On Aug 12, 2019
Jamesbally:

Quote me anywhere. cool

What is the link between national positions and separate countries?

When you were highlighting Monday Chikwunka from Delta state and calling Biafra everywhere u did not see the SS connection? When u highlighted kidnapping that y'all claim started from Niger Delta during the militant era you didn't know it was SS right?

Unstable, ignorant and myopic posts from you show exactly why y'all remain dumb and low.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: SCAM! Dr. Yakubu Nura Did NOT Win Any “World Physics Competition” by chigoziri2403(m): 9:21am On Aug 12, 2019
Everything in Nigeria is a scam, let's move on

2 Likes

Re: SCAM! Dr. Yakubu Nura Did NOT Win Any “World Physics Competition” by Jamesbally: 9:27am On Aug 12, 2019
mushystuff:

What is the link between national positions and separate countries?

When you were highlighting Monday Chikwunka from Delta state and calling Biafra everywhere u did not see the SS connection? When u highlighted kidnapping that y'all claim started from Niger Delta during the militant era you didn't know it was SS right?

Unstable, ignorant and myopic posts from you show exactly why y'all remain dumb and low.

Trash.
The South South is not and can never be part of Biafra.
When we will pitty you guys and allow you have Biafra, it going to consist of your 5 landlocked Eastern States only.

7 Likes

Re: SCAM! Dr. Yakubu Nura Did NOT Win Any “World Physics Competition” by Jamesbally: 9:31am On Aug 12, 2019
Arsenella007:

You are trying so hard to be a troll.. Keep making a fool of yourself

E pain this Hanty well. grin grin grin grin angry

1 Like

Re: SCAM! Dr. Yakubu Nura Did NOT Win Any “World Physics Competition” by Arsenella007(f): 9:34am On Aug 12, 2019
Jamesbally:

E pain this Hanty well. grin grin grin grin angry

Look at this non entity.. I know your brain is made of terracotta, dumb idiot.. All you know is trolling, get a life..

29 Likes

Re: SCAM! Dr. Yakubu Nura Did NOT Win Any “World Physics Competition” by Danwakae(m): 9:46am On Aug 12, 2019
Jamesbally:

Quote me anywhere. cool

U r too political...

You cannot take away the SS from the SE....even the The SW from the SE and SS.....they have married even in the highest level of Baba Tinubu, OBJ,...married from the SS....The north also has link with the South but not strong like within the South.

I expect this regional war to be base on developement from the side of govt.... Here is Taraba, my people donnot have common water to drink and govt. cannot provide it(I am not talking of portable water)...not to talk of electricity...OUR LEADERS are stealing causing disunity among u people while they meet at night to enjoy together and u people kill urselves( divide and rule principle, winners takes all)...I'm no longer blaming our leaders...

When are we going to have youths that will put our govt to work , I am not talking about the youth who lost election and wants revolution. I mean youth who have the nation at heart.

But those of u, who refused to get sense , it will not be well with u...U people r not wise and will not go unpurnish for being unwise purposefully... Because u get peanut from the govt, u no longer bother about your people that are suffering and dieing daily due to govt. and our leaders failure to do the needful.

KU MUTANE NE WAWAYE

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: SCAM! Dr. Yakubu Nura Did NOT Win Any “World Physics Competition” by respect80(m): 9:49am On Aug 12, 2019
Kikikikiki grin

I will not comment because I don't have anything to say for now.

Investigation mode activated grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ASUU Rejects 35% Salary Increase For Professors; Wants 100% / Nigerian School In Kenya Closed Over Sexual Abuse Allegations / Robbers Invade TASUED Hostels, Rape 4 Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.