Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,541 members, 7,808,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Cynthia Amarachi: Missing Osun Corper's Whereabouts Unknown (Photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Cynthia Amarachi: Missing Osun Corper's Whereabouts Unknown (Photo) (54321 Views)

Amarachi Esther Jack Declared Missing In Lagos (Photo) / Cross-dresser Amarachi Arrested In Delta Released On Bail, Risks 14-Years Jail / Crossdresser, Amarachi Apprehended In Delta State (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cynthia Amarachi: Missing Osun Corper's Whereabouts Unknown (Photo) by Gistformant: 10:10am On Aug 12, 2019
Where is 25-year-old Cynthia Amarachi, a National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) member serving in Osun State?

What happened to her on March 15, after she left the state en route to Lagos for a weekend with her parents?

These are the questions her mother, siblings and friends have been asking following her mysterious disappearance.

Their agonies further worsened after visiting hospitals and mortuaries to find out whether she was involved in an accident.

Her mother, a primary school teacher, Mrs. Constance Nwawike, said they have reported the incident to the police in Lagos and Osun states without success.

She said at a point, the police tracked one of her phones to Ogun-Oyo forest where some suspects were arrested, but later freed, adding that her other phone was traced to Kano State.

The woman, who said Amarachi, the only graduate they suffered to train, was a level headed and reserved woman, noted that they only knew about her disappearance about a week after March 15 when she was contacted by officials of the NYSC in Osun State that Amarachi was yet to return from Lagos.

“Before then, we had been worried as we could not reach her on the phone.

”On that fateful day, March 15, I called my daughter’s number, but it was switched off. I thought it was network problem. I did not call again. On Monday, I called the number again, but no response. I continued for three days without a response. I then informed my husband. All of us became worried.

“Her younger sister even complained that she (Amarachi) didn’t call to wish her happy birthday. It has not been an easy period for us. We have visited churches and we were told she is still alive. I am just begging anyone who is holding her to please release her for us,” she said amid tears.

Mrs. Nwawike said Amarachi’s friend, who notified the NYSC about her trip, said she boarded a commercial vehicle at Iwo Road en route to Lagos and they exchanged pleasantries, promising to inform them once she arrived her parents’ Ikorodu home.

“But when they got no response and called several times without a response, her colleagues reportedly went on the social media to trace her parents, which eventually paid off,” she said.

The woman said she received a call from her daughter’s service centre a week later that they were looking for her.

“The state coordinator also called and reported that they did not see her after she travelled home. Shocked at the unfolding drama, I told them that she did not return to our home in Ikorodu. I made further enquiry, the coordinator said her friend, also a corps member, told them that she travelled to meet us in Lagos and since then, she had been calling her number without reply.

“I asked the man (NYSC state coordinator) to give me the corps member’s number. I talked to her and she said she had been trying to reach me. I reported the case at Ikorodu Police Station. They said I should go to Ibadan because the lady made it known that she took Ibadan-Iwo Road and when she got a vehicle going to Ikorodu, they had a conversation. She told her that she had boarded a bus going to Ikorodu and her friend said she wished her safe trip. Since then, she had not seen or heard from her. I went to the school where she was serving in Osun State and the head teacher told me the same thing.

“Since then, I have tried my best. We had gone as far as reporting to the anti-kidnapping squad and they told us that they had tracked her number to Kano. They later told me that they made some arrests and I asked how far, but the policemen keep ‘posting me’. Last week I called them, but they said that they would call me back, but they didn’t call me back.

“I also reported the case at the Osun State Police Command. They invited me for an interview, but when I got there, they said I should connect them with the anti-kidnapping unit investigating the matter in Lagos, which I did, only for the police in Osun to say that they have been trying the number of their colleagues at the anti- kidnapping unit without success,” Mrs. Nwawike said.

See more here; Missing Female Corps Member’s Whereabouts Unknown

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cynthia Amarachi: Missing Osun Corper's Whereabouts Unknown (Photo) by Gistformant: 10:14am On Aug 12, 2019

2 Likes

Re: Cynthia Amarachi: Missing Osun Corper's Whereabouts Unknown (Photo) by zeuss: 10:34am On Aug 12, 2019
#evilherdsmen
Re: Cynthia Amarachi: Missing Osun Corper's Whereabouts Unknown (Photo) by dynicks(m): 1:30pm On Aug 12, 2019
shocked
Re: Cynthia Amarachi: Missing Osun Corper's Whereabouts Unknown (Photo) by olayemioshiyemi: 1:30pm On Aug 12, 2019
May she found sooner than expected IJN

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cynthia Amarachi: Missing Osun Corper's Whereabouts Unknown (Photo) by TechCapon(m): 1:31pm On Aug 12, 2019
Lol hope she wasn't DICKlared missing??

32 Likes

Re: Cynthia Amarachi: Missing Osun Corper's Whereabouts Unknown (Photo) by naijaboy756: 1:31pm On Aug 12, 2019
Hmmm
Re: Cynthia Amarachi: Missing Osun Corper's Whereabouts Unknown (Photo) by BlackfireX: 1:32pm On Aug 12, 2019
Check.

Dick area.

Dickson.

Dicktology

From dick

6 Likes

Re: Cynthia Amarachi: Missing Osun Corper's Whereabouts Unknown (Photo) by ABCthings: 1:32pm On Aug 12, 2019
It must be lala's handwork. The guy has been acting suspicious lately. angry

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Amarachi: Missing Osun Corper's Whereabouts Unknown (Photo) by aduhube: 1:32pm On Aug 12, 2019
Check her boyfriend's place
Re: Cynthia Amarachi: Missing Osun Corper's Whereabouts Unknown (Photo) by Aliencraft(m): 1:32pm On Aug 12, 2019
cry
Let's all pray she is found alive in good health

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cynthia Amarachi: Missing Osun Corper's Whereabouts Unknown (Photo) by tero15: 1:32pm On Aug 12, 2019
only God knows where she is

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Amarachi: Missing Osun Corper's Whereabouts Unknown (Photo) by HMZi: 1:32pm On Aug 12, 2019
This is bad....

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Amarachi: Missing Osun Corper's Whereabouts Unknown (Photo) by Daviddson(m): 1:32pm On Aug 12, 2019
The way Nairaland is objectifying ladies is beyond disgusting. Why must "every" thread about a lady be captioned with the word beautiful? Even when a lady dies, the word will still be used, adding to the pains of the family members who may chance upon it here.

"Beautiful lady graduates from university" "Beautiful lady gets arrested by the police",
"beautiful lady involved in an accident",
"Beautiful lady seen going to her office". grin Haba!!! This has to stop!

73 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Cynthia Amarachi: Missing Osun Corper's Whereabouts Unknown (Photo) by Richdad50(m): 1:32pm On Aug 12, 2019
shocked

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Amarachi: Missing Osun Corper's Whereabouts Unknown (Photo) by Richdad50(m): 1:32pm On Aug 12, 2019
Baby boy with a wallgaeko brain
gaetano:
It's either the head miners have done the usual or she's most likely.....

6 Likes

Re: Cynthia Amarachi: Missing Osun Corper's Whereabouts Unknown (Photo) by dam2000(m): 1:33pm On Aug 12, 2019
She don advertise herself 4 kidnappers
Re: Cynthia Amarachi: Missing Osun Corper's Whereabouts Unknown (Photo) by Jerkules: 1:33pm On Aug 12, 2019
Check inside hotels..may she be founded
Re: Cynthia Amarachi: Missing Osun Corper's Whereabouts Unknown (Photo) by eliwa47(m): 1:33pm On Aug 12, 2019
God what is happening in this country of ours, no day without any bad news! My prayer is that she will be found soonest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cynthia Amarachi: Missing Osun Corper's Whereabouts Unknown (Photo) by Amieinu123(m): 1:34pm On Aug 12, 2019
mstw must the word beautiful always be used

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Amarachi: Missing Osun Corper's Whereabouts Unknown (Photo) by dam2000(m): 1:34pm On Aug 12, 2019
She like 2 always put hand where she put her hand

1 Like

Re: Cynthia Amarachi: Missing Osun Corper's Whereabouts Unknown (Photo) by mmadu5(m): 1:34pm On Aug 12, 2019
the missing corper has been found ... Rip
Re: Cynthia Amarachi: Missing Osun Corper's Whereabouts Unknown (Photo) by Melison(m): 1:34pm On Aug 12, 2019
The mumu people saying boyfriend,dck etc are u this stupid?? Someone has been missing since March and we are in August and u have effrontery to say rubbish,una father for there,if na una sister now una go know how e be

41 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Bayelsa Party Agent Was Killed Yesterday (Graphic Photos) / I Killed My Lover-landlady Because She Was Angry I Married (photo) / Corper Gang-Raped In Akwa Ibom State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.