Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,485 members, 7,781,458 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:46 PM

Why I'm Skeptical Of Nigerian Vetrinary Doctors - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Why I'm Skeptical Of Nigerian Vetrinary Doctors (14522 Views)

How To Identify Quack Veterinary Doctors / Lets Create A Dog Of Our Own.dog Owners,veterinary Doctors,lab Scientists. / Veterinary Doctors In Port Harcourt | Contact Details (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I'm Skeptical Of Nigerian Vetrinary Doctors by mediclife1987(m): 11:35pm On Aug 12, 2019
oonix:
me too. I sent 2k to one oluwabusi adeoye of access bank. he promised 7g for 2k but only sent fake 3g that doesn't broswe at all.he refused to pick my call too.

When will you guys learn

I make bold to say I've never felt for any scam before. It's not a matter of pride, I just don't build castles in the air, dazzol!
Re: Why I'm Skeptical Of Nigerian Vetrinary Doctors by space9880: 12:42am On Aug 13, 2019
Grupo:

Nigerian doctors kill more people than they actually treat. Once a patient's problem is more than typhoid and malaria, then there is no hope for the patient.

The only reason they start behaving themselves when they get outside this country is that they know that any slight misdemeanor would lead to the withdrawal of their license and possible jail term.

But here in Nigeria, the same government you are trying to blame doesn't hold them accountable, so they behave anyhow.
to talk just dey hungry u if you dor see things u no go talk like this
Re: Why I'm Skeptical Of Nigerian Vetrinary Doctors by space9880: 12:47am On Aug 13, 2019
mafiano1986:
My problem with Nigerian vets is that, they don't have the resources to conduct tests in dogs. When you notice some symptoms on your dog on you take it to the vet, they will not draw it's blood and conduct a test to know what is really the problem, they will just look at it and say this is what is wrong, that is what is wrong, in the end of the day, after spending all that money administering the wrong medication, the dog will just end up dying so all that money spent becomes for nothing.
your number one problem is generalization you are always generalizing there are good vets hospitals in Nigeria and there are quacks everywhere seems you've been patronizing quacks because of low cost and most times you wait for your dog to be close to death before you take to the vet, do you take your dog for regular check ups and all?

1 Like

Re: Why I'm Skeptical Of Nigerian Vetrinary Doctors by wehdone(m): 1:21am On Aug 13, 2019
mafiano1986:
My problem with Nigerian vets is that, they don't have the resources to conduct tests in dogs. When you notice some symptoms on your dog on you take it to the vet, they will not draw it's blood and conduct a test to know what is really the problem, they will just look at it and say this is what is wrong, that is what is wrong, in the end of the day, after spending all that money administering the wrong medication, the dog will just end up dying so all that money spent becomes for nothing.

Go to qualified vets, u won't agree... You want cheap services, you get cheap services. Go to vets that know what they are doing, and you will be glad you did.
Re: Why I'm Skeptical Of Nigerian Vetrinary Doctors by wehdone(m): 1:31am On Aug 13, 2019
mafiano1986:

Are you aware that pet treatments/management costs about 5-10 tomes more than humans? Ordinary analgesics, you will hear 2,500!!! This same analgesic is like 300 for humans for 5 days (or even less).

I ran a Liver function test (LFT) for my Caucasian, I paid 18k. My friend did the same test for his mom at 4,500! By the time u finish adding all the tests (LFT, Kidney function tests, haemoparasites, helminthiasis, ultrasonography, even dermatology), how many Nigeriams can pay?

Truth? Sometimes the vet has a suspicion (tentative diagnosis), and he treats symptomatically. Just go to a good vet, he will save u some costs, and your dog will be fine.
Re: Why I'm Skeptical Of Nigerian Vetrinary Doctors by Nobody: 2:36am On Aug 13, 2019
mafiano1986:
God bless you.the same thing happened to me,no test,nothing.they just started administering drugs just like that,now the dog is late,its painfully because it was a slow death for the dog.
Re: Why I'm Skeptical Of Nigerian Vetrinary Doctors by Alexander111: 10:21am On Aug 13, 2019
Honestly I feel we Nigerians loves patronizing quacks and we feel it okay probably due to their price difference but it quite unfortunate when situations are unfortunate we run to vet clinics and all.
Firstly, you need to identify a vet before you place your pet in his/her hand, again to our dog lovers, a dog breeder is never a veterinarian, we misses it and quite unfortunate.

How do you identify a vet?
All Veterinarian in Nigeria have a V.C.N number for each identification, so you should check or ask your vet.
You don't place your pet in the hands of a vet who doesn't have a practicing licence and this is done annually,regularized by the Veterinary Council Nigeria.

I do advise do not go for price but quality healthcare, get a Vet and not quacks parading as vets.
Re: Why I'm Skeptical Of Nigerian Vetrinary Doctors by oonix(f): 12:45pm On Aug 13, 2019
mediclife1987:

When will you guys learn

I make bold to say I've never felt for any scam before. It's not a matter of pride, I just don't build castles in the air, dazzol!
I hardly ever fall for such too. but I have met quite a number of them on nairaland here and they are quite legit. I have learned my lessons sha.thanks

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

GUINEA PIGS AVAILABLE For Pet / Abia State Residents Hold March Against Rabies (Photos) / SEASON 2 Diary Of My Caucasian (bear) and puppies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.