Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,917 members, 7,806,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

NFF Mourns Samuel Okwaraji 30 Years After Passing (photos) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF Mourns Samuel Okwaraji 30 Years After Passing (photos) (27738 Views)

Super Eagles Remember Samuel Okwaraji Who Died While Playing Against Angola / NFF Remembers Samuel Okwaraji (Photos) / Samuel Okwaraji Died 32 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFF Mourns Samuel Okwaraji 30 Years After Passing (photos) by chukwugoziegi: 10:35pm On Aug 12, 2019
higgs:
"The ambulance brought in to evacuate him refused to start"

Zoogeria.
Re: NFF Mourns Samuel Okwaraji 30 Years After Passing (photos) by rapsie: 10:42pm On Aug 12, 2019
BleedingPen:
The Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, on Monday, marked the 30th anniversary of the death of football star, Samuel Okwaraji, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV reports that Okwaraji died while playing for Nigeria at the National Stadium, Surulere, August 12, 1989.

NFF shared a video in memory of the late footballer, in a tweet obtained by Igbere TV from @theNFF.

“We still feel and respect the labours of our heroes past, and we want to say today, being the 30th year that Late Okwaraji passed on while playing, we still feel the sacrifice and patriotism that he showed, playing for this great country. And we have learnt great lessons from that patriot, even as we continue to use his attitude to guide young talents”, Amaju Pinnick, president of NFF said in the video.

“It’s been 30 years since this real and true Nigerian Patriot passed on while on duty for the country. Keep resting in peace, Samuel Sochukwuma Okwaraji. #WeRememberSam”, the tweet further read.

Apart from being a footballer, who played for Nigeria, Okwaraji was also a lawyer who had Masters in International Law from the Pontifical Lateran University, Rome.

Born on May 19, 1964, Okwaraji died on the field after suffering heart attack, as the Ambulance brought in to evacuate him reportedly refused to start.

http://igberetvnews.com/893012/nff-mourns-samuel-okwaraji-30-years-after-passing/

It's already 30yrs. The man with dreadlocks. He is worth being remembered. I remember watching the match wen he slumped and d technical crew rushed in. It's so sad his life came to a halt at dat moment on d field. Commendations to the NFF for this.
Re: NFF Mourns Samuel Okwaraji 30 Years After Passing (photos) by jimmyLd101: 10:43pm On Aug 12, 2019
FisifunKododada:

Omo yi o ni eko ile...how can you insult your father like dis?
Agbao KO gbon
Re: NFF Mourns Samuel Okwaraji 30 Years After Passing (photos) by FisifunKododada: 10:47pm On Aug 12, 2019
jimmyLd101:
Agbao KO gbon

Go an sleep joor...wa je kin kan ra mo e o
Re: NFF Mourns Samuel Okwaraji 30 Years After Passing (photos) by jamiudarex(m): 10:47pm On Aug 12, 2019
FisifunKododada:
If Islam and Muslims are sure of their religion...why do they insist that non-Muslims should declare for Islam before they can criticize their religion on Nairaland? The problems of Islam can never be hidden from people like me who have read the koran. The koran, just like the bible, is filled with some very bad and outright devilish proscriptions - like 'kill non-believers.' Islam can run but it can never hide. As long as the internet is available, we will continue to expose these religions that are destroying our country.
Hmmm
Did you buy or stupidity or u got it 4 free
Re: NFF Mourns Samuel Okwaraji 30 Years After Passing (photos) by MartinsD12(m): 10:52pm On Aug 12, 2019
BleedingPen:
The Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, on Monday, marked the 30th anniversary of the death of football star, Samuel Okwaraji, Igbere TV reports.

Igbere TV reports that Okwaraji died while playing for Nigeria at the National Stadium, Surulere, August 12, 1989.

NFF shared a video in memory of the late footballer, in a tweet obtained by Igbere TV from @theNFF.

“We still feel and respect the labours of our heroes past, and we want to say today, being the 30th year that Late Okwaraji passed on while playing, we still feel the sacrifice and patriotism that he showed, playing for this great country. And we have learnt great lessons from that patriot, even as we continue to use his attitude to guide young talents”, Amaju Pinnick, president of NFF said in the video.

“It’s been 30 years since this real and true Nigerian Patriot passed on while on duty for the country. Keep resting in peace, Samuel Sochukwuma Okwaraji. #WeRememberSam”, the tweet further read.

Apart from being a footballer, who played for Nigeria, Okwaraji was also a lawyer who had Masters in International Law from the Pontifical Lateran University, Rome.

Born on May 19, 1964, Okwaraji died on the field after suffering heart attack, as the Ambulance brought in to evacuate him reportedly refused to start.

http://igberetvnews.com/893012/nff-mourns-samuel-okwaraji-30-years-after-passing/

Too sad it been he hadn't play for nigeria well no one knows what will happen but nigeria a zoo is not worth dying for
Re: NFF Mourns Samuel Okwaraji 30 Years After Passing (photos) by Lanretoye(m): 10:53pm On Aug 12, 2019
The ambulance refused to start...,so this poo has been on for long.

1 Like

Re: NFF Mourns Samuel Okwaraji 30 Years After Passing (photos) by magzey: 10:57pm On Aug 12, 2019
FisifunKododada:
If Islam and Muslims are sure of their religion...why do they insist that non-Muslims should declare for Islam before they can criticize their religion on Nairaland? The problems of Islam can never be hidden from people like me who have read the koran. The koran, just like the bible, is filled with some very bad and outright devilish proscriptions - like 'kill non-believers.' Islam can run but it can never hide. As long as the internet is available, we will continue to expose these religions that are destroying our country.
You are very wrong to have claimed you have read the Quran ,you quoted a wrong translation saying ,Quran teaches you to Kill. Kill who ? Better keep to your standard and stop deceiving the ignorant like you. You don't know if you are only a step to your grave.I admonish you to say the truth or keep quite ,this will be better for you. I pray that Allah to guides you to the right path because is not late.

2 Likes

Re: NFF Mourns Samuel Okwaraji 30 Years After Passing (photos) by magzey: 10:59pm On Aug 12, 2019
MartinsD12:

Too sad it been he hadn't play for nigeria well no one knows what will happen but nigeria a zoo is not worth dying for
So you are one of the animals living in the zoo?? grin grin
Re: NFF Mourns Samuel Okwaraji 30 Years After Passing (photos) by foreshore(m): 11:06pm On Aug 12, 2019
Accountantgener:
A nairalander who claims to sell data,he is a scammer I just sent the sum of 5,000naira to him today and he gave me a non existing code to use in checking my data balance which is *131*65*2*1*2# and that code does not actually exist,his real names are AGU KENECHUKWU,ACCESS BANK, A/C NOS IS 0761393797 and his phone number is 09065287121 and he no longer picks my call and has temporarily switched off his phone since after I became his victim and started telling the world on nairaland. I had to join nairaland today so as to pass the message to the whole world to know .Pls share this message across to everyone until the whole world gets it to help a neighbour avoid been scammed online.

You need to lodge a complain with the police and Access Bank. There are a lot of them around
Re: NFF Mourns Samuel Okwaraji 30 Years After Passing (photos) by ScotMisile: 11:07pm On Aug 12, 2019
UceeGod:
Those days Nigeria had footballers with character not now that we have only huzzlers as national team players

As if you can spare your breakfast for 6our hungry neighbor.
Re: NFF Mourns Samuel Okwaraji 30 Years After Passing (photos) by esstar(f): 11:08pm On Aug 12, 2019
FisifunKododada:
what has this got to do with okwaraji's death yeye

1 Like

Re: NFF Mourns Samuel Okwaraji 30 Years After Passing (photos) by Onyeka8: 11:16pm On Aug 12, 2019
RIP Sam Amen.
Re: NFF Mourns Samuel Okwaraji 30 Years After Passing (photos) by olawumi171(f): 11:20pm On Aug 12, 2019
Accountantgener:
A nairalander who claims to sell data,he is a scammer I just sent the sum of 5,000naira to him today and he gave me a non existing code to use in checking my data balance which is *131*65*2*1*2# and that code does not actually exist,his real names are AGU KENECHUKWU,ACCESS BANK, A/C NOS IS 0761393797 and his phone number is 09065287121 and he no longer picks my call and has temporarily switched off his phone since after I became his victim and started telling the world on nairaland. I had to join nairaland today so as to pass the message to the whole world to know .Pls share this message across to everyone until the whole world gets it to help a neighbour avoid been scammed online.
Am a victim,,pls let be careful of dos who advertise dei products here
Re: NFF Mourns Samuel Okwaraji 30 Years After Passing (photos) by MartinsD12(m): 11:25pm On Aug 12, 2019
magzey:

So you are one of the animals living in the zoo?? grin grin
Irony
Re: NFF Mourns Samuel Okwaraji 30 Years After Passing (photos) by igwefivestar(m): 11:31pm On Aug 12, 2019
Accountantgener:
u want to scam MTN, airtel or Glo and u ended up being scammed. Good morning sir. Awuf dey dey purge.

1 Like

Re: NFF Mourns Samuel Okwaraji 30 Years After Passing (photos) by uchelouis45(m): 11:31pm On Aug 12, 2019
ossaisly:
Thanks for taking this bold step. Some people would have been scared of letting people know that such thing happened to them.

There is no need for anyone to be scared. These are thieves and anyone who is a victim should be bold to expose them
Re: NFF Mourns Samuel Okwaraji 30 Years After Passing (photos) by starbright4real(m): 11:37pm On Aug 12, 2019
elo every one am a graduate of accounting (HND) pls i seriously need a job. i wil appreciate any positive response.
brightnigeria@gmail.com
Re: NFF Mourns Samuel Okwaraji 30 Years After Passing (photos) by Offpoint: 11:54pm On Aug 12, 2019
Accountantgener:
lol, wasn't the same guy someone was complaining about yesterday? he scammed someone of 2k yesterday.

Avoid buying data from NL most of them are scammers... if you need cheap data buy from this site "directsellutv dott comm" their data is very cheat, 5gb is less than N2500, their 2gb is 950.

I've been buying from them or speedydata dott comm.
Re: NFF Mourns Samuel Okwaraji 30 Years After Passing (photos) by koolaid87: 12:04am On Aug 13, 2019
So no be oparaji lol

Bless his soul
Re: NFF Mourns Samuel Okwaraji 30 Years After Passing (photos) by LawyerEmilord(m): 12:17am On Aug 13, 2019
SultanOfAbia:
Kpa Kpa Kpa
Kpa Goalkeeper
Goalkeeper fenelu tie akwuoche

R.I.P. Sam Okwaraji
Indomie people won't know this song that year. Ana m echeta Sam Okwaraji, onye Nigeria nwuru onwu Ike, kpa kpa kpa...

1 Like

Re: NFF Mourns Samuel Okwaraji 30 Years After Passing (photos) by popsyleo1: 12:28am On Aug 13, 2019
Rip
Re: NFF Mourns Samuel Okwaraji 30 Years After Passing (photos) by legalwealth(m): 1:36am On Aug 13, 2019
RIP
Re: NFF Mourns Samuel Okwaraji 30 Years After Passing (photos) by 989900: 2:03am On Aug 13, 2019
Accountantgener:

He tried to scam me too, but I sensed some signs and japa!
Who sells data but is rarely online? A scammer.
Re: NFF Mourns Samuel Okwaraji 30 Years After Passing (photos) by 989900: 2:05am On Aug 13, 2019
Okwaraji: A Legend. An hero.

I watched that match . . . couldn't believe my ears the next day
. cry
Re: NFF Mourns Samuel Okwaraji 30 Years After Passing (photos) by Nobody: 2:51am On Aug 13, 2019
Accountantgener:
U mean u sent N5000 to a stranger u saw on Nairaland?

What do I call u now

1 Like

Re: NFF Mourns Samuel Okwaraji 30 Years After Passing (photos) by Obaakran: 3:46am On Aug 13, 2019
FisifunKododada:

u re jobless
Re: NFF Mourns Samuel Okwaraji 30 Years After Passing (photos) by ACE1010: 5:12am On Aug 13, 2019
Accountantgener:

Report the matter to access bank with the account number. His account details will be flagged and will never use any bank in Nigeria again..a similar incident happened to me 2 years ago and my account officer enlightened me about it.

1 Like

Re: NFF Mourns Samuel Okwaraji 30 Years After Passing (photos) by Olastar990(m): 6:16am On Aug 13, 2019
Ernerstdavid55:
grin
What of RASHIDI YEKINI do u remmeber him also... R.I.P RASHIDI YEKINI

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Odemwingie announces retirement from football / Super Eagles Full Squad List For Upcoming Friendly Matches. / N'golo Kante Crowned PFA Player Of The Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.