Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,847 members, 7,798,832 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? (61829 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Become Less Religious When They Travel Abroad? / Weird Things Nigerians Do In UK And America To Avoid Deportation / Legitimate Jobs Nigerians Do In Turkey (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by wwwtortoise(m): 11:13pm On Aug 12, 2019
sad

Legitimate work 15%

Whoring/prostitution 35%

Drug peddling 40%

Human trafficking 5%

Menial/survival jobs 5%

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by Nobody: 11:14pm On Aug 12, 2019
eleko1:
sad sad undecided undecided undecided Dey dnt travel to go watch skyscraper/ count bridge. They work.Nigerians are hard workers except the CRIMINALS

1 Like

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by Saintp(m): 11:14pm On Aug 12, 2019
Una wan start another round of argument abi? I will jump and pass.

4 Likes

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by healthserve(m): 11:15pm On Aug 12, 2019
Haha
Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by Bigcowhorn: 11:15pm On Aug 12, 2019
Optional09:
First is care job under the table until they are able to secure a legal status then study and start working as a nurse aid then Nursing, teaching at disabled kids school, some take course in IT like like computer technician, system analyst. cab driver, security job, Uber/lyft, Pharmacist, Doordash Delivery, Mechanics, Doctors, Construction Engineer, in Texas they work at the oil rig. Nigerians work. no sleep

*This is American experience Europe may be different

It's worse. You go sweep train tire

5 Likes

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by africandollar: 11:15pm On Aug 12, 2019
grin You nefa chi chumchin grin grin
Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by Reelmii: 11:15pm On Aug 12, 2019
they take selfies, wash dead bodies, wash plates, sweep the main roads, some are care givers, they do security jobs, they wash toilets, they wash the pants and bras of white women

all of these are things they wont try in Nigeria

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 11:15pm On Aug 12, 2019
It depends on which categories of Nigerians.The ones from the eastside usually become exotic pharmacists,reverse engineers,advance fee venture capitalists,sexual pleasure optimizers...you name them

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by mamajj17(f): 11:16pm On Aug 12, 2019
afonjabreed:
Please I want to ask a question.

What do Nigerians who left the country and travelled abroad do (what's their sources of income), because some left Nigeria with no hope of getting a job abroad.

And judging by the desperation of the youth about getting out of this country I think they have the believe that once they leave this country the odds are in their favour. I really want to know what they do

With this Kind of English, Britain and other English speaking Countries go decline you VISA grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by SendAbroad: 11:16pm On Aug 12, 2019
Okay
Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by LGDON: 11:16pm On Aug 12, 2019
afonjabreed:

What do Nigerians who left the country and travelled abroad do (what's their sources of income), because some left Nigeria with no hope of getting a job abroad.

And judging by the desperation of the youth about getting out of this country I think they have the believe that once they leave this country the odds are in their favour. I really want to know what they do
some push drugs, internet scam, some eat oyibo woman puss""y for a living, some are medical doctors those that are educated and lucky enough to get a job. Some do menal work, some be asha,,wo, some do security, some work in factory, some that read good course like IT, Engineer do end up working in good firm.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by stevio(m): 11:16pm On Aug 12, 2019
Are you owk cheesy.?
stabilizer:
Blue film acting
Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by Edusouls(m): 11:17pm On Aug 12, 2019
Ntuu business, you know what it means, Cochin and metamphetamine, sakes on the streets with back up niggers and pistols tucked in the waist, shoot out can come at anytime many Nigger’s are gone and more are going daily on the dreaded streets of Asia, Southern Africa and guinea Bissau, so you know now..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by Ladotrader(m): 11:17pm On Aug 12, 2019
First for a man ...he dey hard to get job..
But some They influence of the bad indigenes of those country into bad things as source of income for them
Why most ladies bs strippers they do .....for other countries no be prostitute they dey call am
Cause it's legal for pay for.sex..
For man he no easy
For ladies they get the company Na to find place market am
But at last those drug lords they don hell out of them even most of them die
Person wey no go know..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 12, 2019
Hustle o

d same way many people come from d village to lagos.

1 Like

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by Bigcowhorn: 11:19pm On Aug 12, 2019
stevio:
Are you owk cheesy.?

He is very correct.
Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by sinbad042(m): 11:20pm On Aug 12, 2019
Come to ACCRA Ghana and we will tell u,if u really want to know our occupation.

1 Like

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by biafranqueen: 11:20pm On Aug 12, 2019
They come and suffer without citizenship you can work under the table as a caregiver.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by seborrhic: 11:21pm On Aug 12, 2019
Reelmii:
they take selfies, wash dead bodies, wash plates, sweep the main roads, some are care givers, they do security jobs, they wash toilets, they wash the pants and bras of white women

If you pay them equivalent of N1million a month ($3000/month at least),they would gladly do those jobs here without the fear of hiding from immigration officials.
So you have no point

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by Bigcowhorn: 11:21pm On Aug 12, 2019
otherway:

Most of the Yorubas do odd jobs that pay very well if converted to naira.(Cleaning, care, security...) while some do high end white collar jobs too.

Most Igbos do runs (If you know you know) and only few do regular odd jobs.

I hardly come across hausas.

The Hausas issue has baffled me too. I believe they are all in the Nigerian Army. You are wrong about the Igbos though unless you are in Europe.

I am Igbo

6 Likes

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by biafranqueen: 11:22pm On Aug 12, 2019
LGDON:
some push drugs, internet scam, some eat oyibo woman puss""y for a living, some are medical doctors those that are educated and lucky enough to get a job. Some do menal work, some be asha,,wo, some do security, some work in factory, some that read good course like IT, Engineer do end up working in good firm.
Not without papers can you do anything but the cat chomping, drug, scam etc; caregiver or hair braider is one you forgot.

3 Likes

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by Naijatask: 11:22pm On Aug 12, 2019
afonjabreed:

Uber driver, baby sitting, maid, begging, and most importantly, be knowledgeable in ICT/programming
Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Aug 12, 2019
wwwtortoise:
sad

Legitimate work 15%

Whoring/prostitution 35%

Drug peddling 40%

Human trafficking 5%

Menial/survival jobs 5%

Bolded is rare in North America

6 Likes

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by Kokaine(m): 11:23pm On Aug 12, 2019
maclatunji:
Some go to school and get good jobs, others do odd jobs.

Lalasti.clala, Mynd44, this is good for traffic.
lol.
To me in the long run, a person doing an odd job in the diaspora is living a better life than a working class here. I mean just see the level of insecurity in Nigeria alone. Injustice everywhere. Police killing civilians. No roads in the south, no light in 2019. What is in this country to live for really?

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by Ikpeazukerosene: 11:23pm On Aug 12, 2019
BeLookingIDIOT:
It depends on which categories of Nigerians.The ones from the eastside usually become exotic pharmacists,reverse engineers,advance fee venture capitalists...you name them

Bro, you have summarised everything in just a paragraph.

17 Likes

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by otherway: 11:24pm On Aug 12, 2019
Reelmii:

The funny twist is that even after tax they make in one month what many employees in naija will make in a year.

Just that it is not easy until you have a work permit.

12 Likes

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by otherway: 11:25pm On Aug 12, 2019
Bigcowhorn:

The Hausas issue has baffled me too. I believe they are all in the Nigerian Army. You are wrong about the Igbos though unless you are in Europe.

I am Igbo

Yes i am talking about Europe.. U.K precisely.
Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by biafranqueen: 11:25pm On Aug 12, 2019
Amitez:

Bolded is rare in North America
Wrong... you must not live in North America. They do it big time in New York, Los Angeles and Houston.

4 Likes

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by Usanga35: 11:28pm On Aug 12, 2019
afonjabreed:
you could have at least pointed at my mistakes and correct me
No mind those bunch of idiots forming Rubbish.....I cant point out any mistake in ur writeup....they just wn show themselves ..Nonsense lousy people....

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do Nigerians Do For A Living When They Travel Abroad? by piagetskinner(m): 11:28pm On Aug 12, 2019
Taxi driver, nanny,prostitution, waiter, etc

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. / Edo Woman Deported From Germany With Her 3 Kids, Cries In Lagos (Photos) / Eko Atlantic City (updates)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.