Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,240 members, 7,780,469 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:03 PM

Gowon Must Beg Igbo For Civil War Genocide – Fani-kayode - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gowon Must Beg Igbo For Civil War Genocide – Fani-kayode (2629 Views)

Group Begs Sanwo-olu To Consider Igbo For Political Appointments / Yakubu Gowon Must Apologise To Igbos Over His Role In Civil War – PDP / British Journalist Exposes Britain's Involvment In The Biafran War Genocide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gowon Must Beg Igbo For Civil War Genocide – Fani-kayode by chiagozien(m): 9:43am On Aug 13, 2019
we don't need his apology,let him go to hell with it.
Re: Gowon Must Beg Igbo For Civil War Genocide – Fani-kayode by adekolaelect(m): 9:45am On Aug 13, 2019
madmohamed:
I don't like reading this if I do I get more angry about Nigerian if I have the chance I will kill more than 3000000 Nigerian if they decide to go to wor against Biafra again, it will be a revenge wor. we have What it take to wipe out Nigerian .no country will help them again they will be in the Macy of Biafra.this is not 1967 this is 2019
Hummm na soo but Buhari /Buratai sent small part of Python to dance on their head the next we saw was their leader to run and left the followers for Python to dance on them and drink potopoto to ease their chesty.where were you then ?? You would have be their Messiah then .pls help those you can bcs who you help is your partner .

2 Likes

Re: Gowon Must Beg Igbo For Civil War Genocide – Fani-kayode by Ziggylady(f): 9:53am On Aug 13, 2019
YorubaHero12:
Lol. This Fani Kayode knows how to press the Igbo folks mumu button. They are the only true fans he had so he always tries everything to entertain them to maintain his audience.

He even called himself the Lion on twitter and the Igbos are hailing him to also show their loyalty to him, hence he needs to constantly play on their emotion to keep his fan base intact.

Gowon should apologize so we can have another news to entertain ourselves with.

Fani Kayode is just having fun with the emotions of the Igbo man.

Who took your tattered toys away huh?..cos i dont understand why you are crying and spitting so much here.

The next thing is to rant on how yorubas do not give a hoot about Igbos,yet you never fail to pour the garbage you call comments on Igbo threads like this..

It sucks to be y'all indeed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gowon Must Beg Igbo For Civil War Genocide – Fani-kayode by Nobody: 9:55am On Aug 13, 2019
IGBOSON1:

Go and reread my post, and it will dawn on you (that's if you don't know already) how silly you sound!

The Nigerian state was responsible for the protection of the lives and property of ALL Nigerians, of which Igbos were part of! This did not happen!! Even when Ojukwu assured Easterners that the Nigerian gov't would put a lid on the pogroms in the north and that they should stay where they are, he was later proved wrong as the slaughtering continued! This was what ultimately led to the declaration of Biafra! Now are you saying that the Nigerian state (of which the northerners were running and Gowon was the figurehead at the time) does not owe Ndigbo in particular, and Easterners in general an apology for failing to prevent their slaughter up north?

Conversely, you posit that Ndigbo should apologise for the actions of Nzeogwu and co! Just listen to (abi na read) yourself! Care to point out where and when Ndigbo had a meeting and decided to send the coupists on their deadly mission? Have you checked how many of said coupists were from present day Delta state.....a state your ilk say Ndigbo had better remove eye from, that they're not Igbo!? How many coups have since been carried out by northern elements in the Nigerian army.....have you asked their ethnicities/regions to apologise too, or does that rule only apply to Igbos?

You say the first coup was 'unnecessary', as if subsequent ones were 'necessary'! You know what you're doing, as you want to separate the first coup from subsequent ones in the minds of Nigerians....tag it a 'Igbo coup'......and then use said tag to vilify an entire ethnic group and justify whatever wicked actions and negative sentiments you display towards them!

I keep on telling my people that we're sharing the same country with utterly remorseless and malevolent creatures, and that the sooner they realise this and agitate to separate from these vermin (or at least be insulated from their wickedness within the framework of a 'one Nigeria') ...the sooner they realise this the better! We can never thrive and reach our full potential as a people with this current anti-Igbo set-up and this is the stark truth!

All these gibberish you wrote(which I didn’t read past few lines anyway), are they the reason for the first coup?

I’ve observed you Igbo with your evasive tactics of deflecting from the main points or go abusive when you are cornered in any argument.

Now to my question again. Shouldn’t the Igbo apologize for the first coup where leaders of other regions were killed sparing only the Igbo leaders?

You Igbo always downplay your atrocities against other tribes and cry victims. Until you show remorse for the first coup, the second coup is only a reaction. And every action demands equal and opposite reaction.

Now answer my question if you can.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gowon Must Beg Igbo For Civil War Genocide – Fani-kayode by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 13, 2019
madmohamed:
I don't like reading this if I do I get more angry about Nigerian if I have the chance I will kill more than 3000000 Nigerian if they decide to go to wor against Biafra again, it will be a revenge wor. we have What it take to wipe out Nigerian .no country will help them again they will be in the Macy of Biafra.this is not 1967 this is 2019

Please let the war start already. I believe every word you say.

1 Like

Re: Gowon Must Beg Igbo For Civil War Genocide – Fani-kayode by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 13, 2019
IGBOSON1:

Looks like you don't know the story of said '3Rs'! I can tell you what was done in present day South-West and the North during the period your so called '3Rs' were supposed to be implemented! Can you tell me what was done in the East.....particularly South-East, which saw most of the devastation and whose people lost the most during the uncivil war?

You 'one Nigeria', Igbo-hating individuals just listen to one side of the story and form an opinion based solely on what you tell yourselves!

Can you tell us what was done in other regions that was not done in the east? An Igbo man became Vice President just immediately Nigeria returned to democracy. What other gestures could have shown that Nigeria had forgiven you? Yet you keep teaching your children hatred.
Re: Gowon Must Beg Igbo For Civil War Genocide – Fani-kayode by wirinet(m): 10:05am On Aug 13, 2019
What of the people that killed Femi Fani-Kayode's father? Should he not demand an apology from those that took his father away in his presence and murdered him like an ileya ram? Is Femi Fani-Kayode saying his father's murder did not in anyway saddened him? Or that he is more pained by the death of others than his own father.

2 Likes

Re: Gowon Must Beg Igbo For Civil War Genocide – Fani-kayode by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 13, 2019
wirinet:
What of the people that killed Femi Fani-Kayode's father? Should he not demand an apology from those that took his father away in his presence and murdered him like an ileya ram? Is Femi Fani-Kayode saying his father's murder did not in anyway saddened him? Or that he is more pained by the death of others than his own father.
Don’t mind the idiot.

2 Likes

Re: Gowon Must Beg Igbo For Civil War Genocide – Fani-kayode by IGBOSON1: 10:35am On Aug 13, 2019
schoolboij:

All these gibberish you wrote(which I didn’t read past few lines anyway), are they the reason for the first coup?

I’ve observed you Igbo with your evasive tactics of deflecting from the main points or go abusive when you are cornered in any argument.

Now to my question again. Shouldn’t the Igbo apologize for the first coup where leaders of other regions were killed sparing only the Igbo leaders?

You Igbo always downplay your atrocities against other tribes and cry victims. Until you show remorse for the first coup, the second coup is only a reaction. And every action demands equal and opposite reaction.

See how dumb you are! Look who's talking of being 'evasive'! shocked

You claim you didn't fully read my post in which i answered (perfectly, if i don't mind saying so myself smiley) the question your dumb ass is asking again in the second bolded of your quoted post! It's akin to your psychology 101 lecturer giving your class an assignment to read a book over the weekend for discussion on Monday! Your lazy ass didn't read the book because you spent the entire weekend eating puss'y! Now, Monday arrives, and during discussions in class you keep on interjecting.....going off on a tangent and yapping about stuff that has fuc'kall to do with the book you were asked to read! Your exasperated lecturer, who can't take anymore of your silliness eventually asks, 'dude, did you even read the book?' To which you reply with an emphatic 'NO', but that you still want to give your opinion regardless! At this point, even your fellow classmates (who know your quarrelsome, cantankerous nature quite well) are equally fed up with your antics, and shout at you to sit your dumb ass down so they can actually learn something before the period is up!

Now go back, and this time calm down and read the entire post! smiley

2 Likes

Re: Gowon Must Beg Igbo For Civil War Genocide – Fani-kayode by Nobody: 10:41am On Aug 13, 2019
IGBOSON1:

See how dumb you are! Look who's talking of being 'evasive'! shocked

You claim you didn't fully read my post in which i answered (perfectly, if i don't mind saying so myself smiley) the question your dumb ass is asking again in the second bolded of your quoted post! It's akin to your psychology 101 lecturer giving your class an assignment to read a book over the weekend for discussion on Monday! Your lazy ass didn't read the book because you spent the entire weekend eating puss'y! Now, Monday arrives, and during discussions in class you keep on interjecting.....going off on a tangent and yapping about stuff that has fuc'kall to do with the book you were asked to read! Your exasperated lecturer, who can't take anymore of your silliness eventually asks, 'dude, did you even read the book?' To which you reply with an emphatic 'NO', but that you still want to give your opinion regardless! At this point, even your fellow classmates (who know your quarrelsome, cantankerous nature quite well) are equally fed up with your antics, and shout at you to sit your dumb ass down so they can actually learn something before the period is up!

Now go back, and this time calm down and read the entire post! smiley

You made a fool of yourself from what you wrote.

You blame Awolowo alleged betrayal on Yoruba.

You blame northerners for the counter coup.

Yet want to absolve Igbo from the atrocities of Igbo soldiers who killed other regional leaders to grab power with the support of Igbo civilians who sang a songs of victory for their Igbo murderers.
Re: Gowon Must Beg Igbo For Civil War Genocide – Fani-kayode by Nobody: 10:42am On Aug 13, 2019
Commentor:
How's Bianca?

Lame

2 Likes

Re: Gowon Must Beg Igbo For Civil War Genocide – Fani-kayode by amc: 10:42am On Aug 13, 2019
Nwadiuto247:
lipsrsealed

Whether he apologises or not, the north is already suffering the result of their actions.

Are they not the poverty capital of Nigeria and the world?

Are they still not educationally backwards by a far distance?

Is boko haram and their killings not domicilled in the north?

Fulani herdsmen attack taking place more in their land.

Shiites trouble na their land.

Who cares about his apology?

The north is still not progressing better than Igbos today despite the war so nothing concern us with his apology.

Are they complaining to you? Why are you carrying another man's problem on your head?
Re: Gowon Must Beg Igbo For Civil War Genocide – Fani-kayode by IGBOSON1: 10:43am On Aug 13, 2019
schoolboij:

Can you tell us what was done in other regions that was not done in the east? An Igbo man became Vice President just immediately Nigeria returned to democracy. What other gestures could have shown that Nigeria had forgiven you? Yet you keep teaching your children hatred.

Tell you what was done in present day South-West and North? Sure! New international airports; bridges; flyovers; steel rolling mills (even as far-flung as present day Katsina for crying out loud); steel company; serviced industrial estates; new sea port (Tin-can island); location of many nation-building bodies and institutes; the list is endless! These are just quick-fire answers as i'm about to go out the house!

Now can you tell me what was done in the East in general, and present day South-East in particular, in the name of your '3Rs'?

2 Likes

Re: Gowon Must Beg Igbo For Civil War Genocide – Fani-kayode by IGBOSON1: 10:51am On Aug 13, 2019
schoolboij:

You made a fool of yourself from what you wrote.

You blame Awolowo alleged betrayal on Yoruba.

You blame northerners for the counter coup.

Yet want to absolve Igbo from the atrocities of Igbo soldiers who killed other regional leaders to grab power with the support of Igbo civilians who sang a songs of victory for their Igbo murderers.

Notice how in Awos' case, i'm focusing on an individual as against an entire ethnicity like you're doing!

In the case of the northerners, the pogrom went on for weeks throughout the north and was carried out by northern civilians on the streets of the north...streets which were flowing with the blood of thousands of Easterners hacked down in cold blood, so yes, in the case of the North i'm focusing on and blaming the entire region/ethnicity! Now if they had apologised for said pogrom, i would have since moved on, forgiven and left it all for God! But not only have you not apologised as a people, you even go further to mock us and rub it in our faces! Even a Saint would struggle to ignore this, how much more a mere mortal like me!

2 Likes

Re: Gowon Must Beg Igbo For Civil War Genocide – Fani-kayode by AlexyA(m): 11:21am On Aug 13, 2019
IGBOSON1:

Go and reread my post, and it will dawn on you (that's if you don't know already) how silly you sound!

The Nigerian state was responsible for the protection of the lives and property of ALL Nigerians, of which Igbos were part of! This did not happen!! Even when Ojukwu assured Easterners that the Nigerian gov't would put a lid on the pogroms in the north and that they should stay where they are, he was later proved wrong as the slaughtering continued! This was what ultimately led to the declaration of Biafra! Now are you saying that the Nigerian state (of which the northerners were running and Gowon was the figurehead at the time) does not owe Ndigbo in particular, and Easterners in general an apology for failing to prevent their slaughter up north?

Conversely, you posit that Ndigbo should apologise for the actions of Nzeogwu and co! Just listen to (abi na read) yourself! Care to point out where and when Ndigbo had a meeting and decided to send the coupists on their deadly mission? Have you checked how many of said coupists were from present day Delta state.....a state your ilk say Ndigbo had better remove eye from, that they're not Igbo!? How many coups have since been carried out by northern elements in the Nigerian army.....have you asked their ethnicities/regions to apologise too, or does that rule only apply to Igbos?

You say the first coup was 'unnecessary', as if subsequent ones were 'necessary'! You know what you're doing, as you want to separate the first coup from subsequent ones in the minds of Nigerians....tag it a 'Igbo coup'......and then use said tag to vilify an entire ethnic group and justify whatever wicked actions and negative sentiments you display towards them!

I keep on telling my people that we're sharing the same country with utterly remorseless and malevolent creatures, and that the sooner they realise this and agitate to separate from these vermin (or at least be insulated from their wickedness within the framework of a 'one Nigeria') ...the sooner they realise this the better! We can never thrive and reach our full potential as a people with this current anti-Igbo set-up and this is the stark truth!

It is a well known fact that the first coup was an Igbo led coup. if there was no first coup, would there have been subsequent coups? Go and check the casualties of the first coup and tell me how many lives were lost that belonged to the Igbo ethnic group. If Ironsi had brought the coup plotters to pay for their crimes then there would have been a relief with the Northern soldiers. The Igbo's are well blessed people but when it comes to the civil war, it was brought upon them by their own people. let's not be subjective but be objective by removing sentiment aside.
Re: Gowon Must Beg Igbo For Civil War Genocide – Fani-kayode by Area4Area: 11:46am On Aug 13, 2019
schoolboij:

Don’t mind the idiot.
Indeed a very big idiot who isn't bothered about the death of his father but trying to massage the ego of some of his fans

2 Likes

Re: Gowon Must Beg Igbo For Civil War Genocide – Fani-kayode by Nobody: 12:18pm On Aug 13, 2019
IGBOSON1:

Tell you what was done in present day South-West and North? Sure! New international airports; bridges; flyovers; steel rolling mills (even as far-flung as present day Katsina for crying out loud); steel company; serviced industrial estates; new sea port (Tin-can island); location of many nation-building bodies and institutes; the list is endless! These are just quick-fire answers as i'm about to go out the house!

Now can you tell me what was done in the East in general, and present day South-East in particular, in the name of your '3Rs'?

The international airport
First niger bridge
The second is underway
Flyover bridges
Universities
Colleges of education
Etc.
Re: Gowon Must Beg Igbo For Civil War Genocide – Fani-kayode by Nobody: 12:24pm On Aug 13, 2019
Area4Area:
Indeed a very big idiot who isn't bothered about the death of his father but trying to massage the ego of some of his fans
You guys are trying to divert from the topic with your shenanigan. How does Femi Fani-Kayode's eulogy to Gowon connects with his father's death. Or are you in one way telling us you have a hand in the death of his father? Tell us something we don't know.
Re: Gowon Must Beg Igbo For Civil War Genocide – Fani-kayode by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 13, 2019
schoolboij:

The international airport
First niger bridge
The second is underway
Flyover bridges
Universities
Colleges of education
Etc.
It's obvious you just want to argue. How does the above you listed connect with the 3R's if you're not trying to be mischievous. Was any of above captured under the 3R of General Gowon. Apart from the destroyed niger bridge what else was established in the eastern region that the 3R covered, compared to areas that didn't witness the war.
Responsible people are talking about the fallout of the 3R, it's exclusive implementation and where we got it wrong, yet some crafty youths are defending their dead grand fathers.

https://guardian.ng/politics/failure-of-gowons-three-rs-cause-of-separatist-groups/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gowon Must Beg Igbo For Civil War Genocide – Fani-kayode by Nobody: 2:03pm On Aug 13, 2019
Chiwude:
It's obvious you just want to argue. How does the above you listed connect with the 3R's if you're not trying to be mischievous. Was any of above captured under the 3R of General Gowon. Apart from the destroyed niger bridge what else was established in the eastern region that the 3R covered, compared to areas that didn't witness the war.
Responsible people are talking about the fallout of the 3R, it's exclusive implementation and where we got it wrong, yet some crafty youths are defending their dead grand fathers.

https://guardian.ng/politics/failure-of-gowons-three-rs-cause-of-separatist-groups/

Your madness is inherited. Check the title of this thread again. If you want to talk about the 3Rs, open a thread about it and let’s X-ray it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gowon Must Beg Igbo For Civil War Genocide – Fani-kayode by Nobody: 2:05pm On Aug 13, 2019
Chiwude:
You guys are trying to divert from the topic with your shenanigan. How does Femi Fani-Kayode's eulogy to Gowon connects with his father's death. Or are you in one way telling us you have a hand in the death of his father? Tell us something we don't know.

Do you even know the meaning of eulogy?

Ffk is trying to be mischievous. He’s whipping up sentiment of his fans by trying to paint Gowon bad. I believe you don’t have the brainpower to understand ffk and his shenanigans.
Re: Gowon Must Beg Igbo For Civil War Genocide – Fani-kayode by GMbuharii: 9:21am On Aug 14, 2019
YorubaHero12:
Lol. This Fani Kayode knows how to press the Igbo folks mumu button. They are the only true fans he had so he always tries everything to entertain them to maintain his audience.

He even called himself the Lion on twitter and the Igbos are hailing him to also show their loyalty to him, hence he needs to constantly play on their emotion to keep his fan base intact.

Gowon should apologize so we can have another news to entertain ourselves with.

Fani Kayode is just having fun with the emotions of the Igbo man.

grin
Re: Gowon Must Beg Igbo For Civil War Genocide – Fani-kayode by GMbuharii: 9:27am On Aug 14, 2019
Area4Area:
This noise maker would never tell us about Ife, Osun or the Yorubas and their challenges, it is always Igbo.
It seems he wants to trend this week with this, he already knows the MUMU
button he is supposed to press so that they can start dancing for him.

grin grin
Re: Gowon Must Beg Igbo For Civil War Genocide – Fani-kayode by gidgiddy: 12:10pm On Aug 14, 2019
schoolboij:

I will answer that question. No, the Igbo should not apologise for the following reasons.

1. The Igbo nation never mandated anybody to conduct a coup for them. Whatever some Igbo officers did is not the fault of the Igbo nation

2. It was not an Igbo coup. While I grant the fact that Igbos were the majority of the officers involved, there were Yorubas officers(Ademoyega, Oyewole, Adeleke) and Northern officers(Egbiko and Adamu). Will Yorubas and Northerners also be asked to apologise for the part those officers played?

3. All the officers who were involved in that coup that later survived the war were later punished with jail terms for their actions

Gowon on the other hand caused the civil war by not keeping to the Aburi agreement he signed in Ghana.
Re: Gowon Must Beg Igbo For Civil War Genocide – Fani-kayode by Area4Area: 12:41pm On Aug 14, 2019
gidgiddy:

I will answer that question. No, the Igbo should not apologise for the following reasons.

1. The Igbo nation never mandated anybody to cond8a coup for them. Whatever some Igbo officers did is not the fault of the Igbo nation

2. It was not an Igbo coup. While I grant the fact that Igbos were the majority of the officers involved, there were Yorubas officers(Ademoyega, Oyewole, Adeleke) and Northern officers(Egbiko and Adamu). Will Yorubas and Northerners also be asked to apologise for the part those officers played?

3. All the officers who were involved in that coup that later survived the war were later punished with jail terms for their actions

Gowon on the other hand caused the civil war by not keeping to the Aburi agreement he signed in Ghana.
Wrong on so many fronts.
1 &2. True the Igbo nation didn't mandate the coup plotters to do so on their behalf but they formed the majority of the plotters and no Igbo leader, military, political, traditional leaders were killed. It is safe to say that it was an Igbo coup.

3. The normal military tradition was to try any coup plotter within weeks and they be executed immediately, not keeping them in prison for months and no date yet for their trial.

Ojukwu caused the war by declaring Biafra, remember that Adaka Boroh was arrested by same Ojukwu, his men shot and he was bundled down to Lagos for trial and eventually sentenced to death all within weeks of his capture by Ojukwu and Ironsi's men, the secession decree was signed by Ironsi so what makes you feel that Biafra won't be attacked if it tries to secede?

Not obeying the agreement of the Aburi accord and the ensuing pogrom against the Igbos in the north was a mistake on the part of Gowon no doubt but Ojukwu caused the war by declaring Biafra.
Re: Gowon Must Beg Igbo For Civil War Genocide – Fani-kayode by gidgiddy: 2:32pm On Aug 14, 2019
Area4Area:
Wrong on so many fronts.
1 &2. True the Igbo nation didn't mandate the coup plotters to do so on their behalf but they formed the majority of the plotters and no Igbo leader, military, political, traditional leaders were killed. It is safe to say that it was an Igbo coup.

3. The normal military tradition was to try any coup plotter within weeks and they be executed immediately, not keeping them in prison for months and no date yet for their trial.

Yes normal military tradition is to put coup plotters on trial to face justice, however, military tradition could not be used in the case of the first coup because it was against a military regime but against a civilian government. Also, Ironsi's government was only there for six months. There have been cases in Nigeria where the government took alleged coup plotters to court after over a year in detention. An example of this is Oladipo Diya ans co.

Ojukwu caused the war by declaring Biafra, remember that Adaka Boroh was arrested by same Ojukwu, his men shot and he was bundled down to Lagos for trial and eventually sentenced to death all within weeks of his capture by Ojukwu and Ironsi's men, the secession decree was signed by Ironsi so what makes you feel that Biafra won't be attacked if it tries to secede?

Not obeying the agreement of the Aburi accord and the ensuing pogrom against the Igbos in the north was a mistake on the part of Gowon no doubt but Ojukwu caused the war by declaring Biafra.

The question that you should ask is why Ojukwu seceded. In 1966, thousands of Easterners were being massacred. Leaders of the Eastern Nigeria went to Ojukwu and told Ojukwu to pull the East out of Nigeria since the Federal Government had failed to secure the lives and properties of Easterners. Ojukwu refused and told them that he would meet with Gowon to iron out issues. In January 1967, Ojukwu met Gowon in Aburi, Ghana. They reached an agreement that would keep Nigeria one and maintain peace. Ojukwu and Gowon and signed the agreement. They returned to Nigeria and Gowon broke the agreement. This forced Ojukwu to secede.

If Gowon had kept to the agreement and Ojukwu seceded, then you can blame Ojukwu. But by breaking that agreement, Gowon caused all the trouble that followed
Re: Gowon Must Beg Igbo For Civil War Genocide – Fani-kayode by wirinet(m): 4:20pm On Aug 14, 2019
gidgiddy:

Yes normal military tradition is to put coup plotters on trial to face justice, however, military tradition could not be used in the case of the first coup because it was against a military regime but against a civilian government. Also, Ironsi's government was only there for six months. There have been cases in Nigeria where the government took alleged coup plotters to court after over a year in detention. An example of this is Oladipo Diya ans co.
You guys are adept at comparing oranges and apples and then use it to twist fact to justify your own flaws.

How can anyone compare Diya's, Obasanjos and others alleged coup to the bloodiest coup in the history of Nigeria (if not Africa ). This was a coup where top civilian and military officers were murdered in cold blood, while those of the East were spared.
Ironsi had no excuse for going a full six months without putting the murderous coup plotters to trial.

The question that you should ask is why Ojukwu seceded. In 1966, thousands of Easterners were being massacred. Leaders of the Eastern Nigeria went to Ojukwu and told Ojukwu to pull the East out of Nigeria since the Federal Government had failed to secure the lives and properties of Easterners. Ojukwu refused and told them that he would meet with Gowon to iron out issues. In January 1967, Ojukwu met Gowon in Aburi, Ghana. They reached an agreement that would keep Nigeria one and maintain peace. Ojukwu and Gowon and signed the agreement. They returned to Nigeria and Gowon broke the agreement. This forced Ojukwu to secede.
which leaders went to Ojukwu and told him to pull out of Nigeria? Was it political, military, or traditional leaders. What authority did the leaders have to tell Ojukwu to secede?

If Gowon had kept to the agreement and Ojukwu seceded, then you can blame Ojukwu. But by breaking that agreement, Gowon caused all the trouble that followed

There was no way Gowon could have kept the Aburi Accord. He did not understand the full import of the agreement before he signed it. It was after he Gowon got back to Lagos, that awolowo and others explained the implication of the Aburi accord.
The agreement had the same implication as secession, since the east would not be under the control of the FG. Other regions would also have demanded autonomy and subsequent balkanization of the country.
Re: Gowon Must Beg Igbo For Civil War Genocide – Fani-kayode by gidgiddy: 4:43pm On Aug 14, 2019
wirinet:

You guys are adept at comparing oranges and apples and then use it to twist fact to justify your own flaws.

How can anyone compare Diya's, Obasanjos and others alleged coup to the bloodiest coup in the history of Nigeria (if not Africa ). This was a coup where top civilian and military officers were murdered in cold blood, while those of the East were spared.
Ironsi had no excuse for going a full six months without putting the murderous coup plotters to trial.

which leaders went to Ojukwu and told him to pull out of Nigeria? Was it political, military, or traditional leaders. What authority did the leaders have to tell Ojukwu to secede?

There was no way Gowon could have kept the Aburi Accord. He did not understand the full import of the agreement before he signed it. It was after he Gowon got back to Lagos, that awolowo and others explained the implication of the Aburi accord.
The agreement had the same implication as secession, since the east would not be under the control of the FG. Other regions would also have demanded autonomy and subsequent balkanization of the country.

So Gowon didn't know what he was signing? And whose fault is that? If Gowon didn't know what he was signing then blame Gowon for signing an agreement he didn't understand. But dont visit Gowons mistake on Ojukwu

It all goes to show that Gowon caused the war
Re: Gowon Must Beg Igbo For Civil War Genocide – Fani-kayode by Jamesbally: 4:46pm On Aug 14, 2019
Igbo's caused it upon themselves. Presently, Nnamdi Kanu is trying to cause another one. This time around the blame should be channeled to Kanu who is instigating a War he can not win.

Re: Gowon Must Beg Igbo For Civil War Genocide – Fani-kayode by RemiTinubu(f): 4:48pm On Aug 14, 2019
[s]
Jamesbally:
Igbo's caused it upon themselves. Presently, Nnamdi Kanu is trying to cause another one. This time around the blame should be channeled to Kanu who is instigating a War he can not win.
[/s]
claptrap
Re: Gowon Must Beg Igbo For Civil War Genocide – Fani-kayode by NkemChukwudi: 5:07pm On Aug 14, 2019
THIS IDIOT IS PUSHING THEIR 'MUMU' BUTTON AGAIN!

FFK CONTINUE! YOU HEAR! JUST CONTINUE!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari’s Minister, Gbemisola Saraki Protests Kwara Govt’s Demolition Of Father’s / The North, Not The Niger Delta Is The Source Of Nigeria's Oil / BREAKING: Abductor Of Kankara Schoolboys Shot Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.