Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,119 members, 7,807,388 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help (30561 Views)

My Flight Has A Stopover At Dublin, Do I Need A Transit Visa? / How I Missed My First Ever Flight Going From Denver To Washington DC (Pictures) / My Flight Experience With A Flight Attendant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help by Cantonese: 11:39am On Aug 13, 2019
shams040:
I changed my flight on the flying day and the bastard Igbo people running Ethiopian airline made me pay 106k extra with the excuse that the one online as been discounted.

You foolishly paid as a foolish tribalist.

As for the OP please go quickly to Etihad office to make your complaint. Do not use a travel agent. What class of ticket did you get? That will help out first. You are getting extorted already. Be careful.

9 Likes

Re: I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help by MyGeneration(m): 11:39am On Aug 13, 2019
shilenji:
Go back to your village buy one bottle of red oil,one carton of turkey,half bag of rice,give it to your village pipu,tell dem to leave you alone.that all. The woman wey charge you 75k go free you once and you no go dey miss flight again.
why plenty of una no too get sense.

she's looking for help for something serious, if you have nothing to contribute why not shut up and observe than posting this

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help by olaszydaruma(m): 11:39am On Aug 13, 2019
Maybe there's a divine reason for missing the flight. You can book another one

1 Like

Re: I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help by DennisEche(m): 11:40am On Aug 13, 2019
dapo456:
It was Etihad , lagos to india, i missed my flight, and i was rescheduled to tomorrow flight, the lady wrote a penalty of 75k on my print out which i know its not official, please someone in the house who is experience should help me, i don't have such amount of money , i have logged on there sight and confirmed that i'm scheduled for tomorrow flight.

I booked the ticket by myself online with my master card and i believe if there's any extra charges , i should also pay it by myself online. The lady said i should bring the 75k tomorrow on my travel date.

Please kindly move to front page if possible, i need urgent advice from experienced people, i've contacted ethihad but since the call was picked by nigerians , i still smell pre-intimacy. please help me. i attached a picture of an image which seams like what i could have paid if there's any charges , which is 75dolars or i have already paid charges for extension incase i missed the flight. please check the image

Reason why i missed the flight:[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] The first flight i booked showed September 18th, 1:30pm, i was so sad because this will not meet up with my course and i will have to book another one. Not knowing that the date was an error from there end and i wasn't charged at all, i almost cried for about 1hour while i was waiting for gtb to charge me, But when they didn't charge me, that was when i realized it was an error from their end so i rebooked it, now the date was okay (august 12th, 2019) but i never bother to checked the time again , forgetting that the date and time changed, i've been telling my self my flight was 1:30, I EVEN SLEPT AROUND 9 TILL 10, i live at ojodu berger, so i could be at ikeja airport by 11am which i did. Note: [b]No village people is involved, [/b]It will had to my experience i live i know. so just give me your honest advice not village things.
But how you go take know say village people ain't involve?

2 Likes

Re: I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help by GreenArrow1(m): 11:40am On Aug 13, 2019
MrsInvisible:
Unbelievable.... how can you not check the time... face your problem on your own

A very stupîd response.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help by Flier: 11:41am On Aug 13, 2019
I wonder what you are going to do in India if you don’t have 75.000 naira
Anyway there is nothing you can do, you have to pay for 1) No show
2) changing fee
And it’s more than 75.000 naira in most cases so I think you are very lucky here

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help by Donphilex(m): 11:41am On Aug 13, 2019
MrsInvisible:
Unbelievable.... how can you not check the time... face your problem on your own
You’re very stupid keep
Your useless advice Idiolt whenever smell airport self wan Dey feel funky.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help by alphaconde(m): 11:42am On Aug 13, 2019
I can never miss a flight or be late for any serious function

2 Likes

Re: I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help by nodetest: 11:42am On Aug 13, 2019
I advise you pay the 75k. Apart from paying the no show fee wich is 75 usd, you have to pay the difference in air fare between the new booking and your previous one, if any. Its possible you go there tomorrow and they tell you the air fare has increased and you have to pay more, or worse still, that there is no economy seat and you have to upgrade to business class.

Sorry ehn, trust me after this experience, you ll be getting to the airport 3 hours before your international flight.

12 Likes

Re: I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help by Lexusgs430: 11:42am On Aug 13, 2019
dapo456:
It was Etihad , lagos to india, i missed my flight, and i was rescheduled to tomorrow flight, the lady wrote a penalty of 75k on my print out which i know its not official, please someone in the house who is experience should help me, i don't have such amount of money , i have logged on there sight and confirmed that i'm scheduled for tomorrow flight.

I booked the ticket by myself online with my master card and i believe if there's any extra charges , i should also pay it by myself online. The lady said i should bring the 75k tomorrow on my travel date.

Please kindly move to front page if possible, i need urgent advice from experienced people, i've contacted ethihad but since the call was picked by nigerians , i still smell pre-intimacy. please help me. i attached a picture of an image which seams like what i could have paid if there's any charges , which is 75dolars or i have already paid charges for extension incase i missed the flight. please check the image

Reason why i missed the flight:[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] The first flight i booked showed September 18th, 1:30pm, i was so sad because this will not meet up with my course and i will have to book another one. Not knowing that the date was an error from there end and i wasn't charged at all, i almost cried for about 1hour while i was waiting for gtb to charge me, But when they didn't charge me, that was when i realized it was an error from their end so i rebooked it, now the date was okay (august 12th, 2019) but i never bother to checked the time again , forgetting that the date and time changed, i've been telling my self my flight was 1:30, I EVEN SLEPT AROUND 9 TILL 10, i live at ojodu berger, so i could be at ikeja airport by 11am which i did. Note: No village people is involved, It will had to my experience i live i know. so just give me your honest advice not village things.

If the reason you missed your flight was solely yours, unfortunately you would have to pay the rebooking fee....

1 Like

Re: I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help by shilenji(m): 11:43am On Aug 13, 2019
dapo456:
[b]Reason why i missed the flight: The first flight i booked showed September 18th, 1:30pm, i was so sad because this will not meet up with my course and i will have to book another one. Not knowing that the date was an error from there end and i wasn't charged at all, i almost cried for about 1hour while i was waiting for gtb to charge me, But when they didn't charge me, that was when i realized it was an error from their end so i rebooked it, now the date was okay (august 12th, 2019) but i never bother to checked the time again , forgetting that the date and time changed, i've been telling my self my flight was 1:30, I EVEN SLEPT AROUND 9 TILL 10, i live at ojodu berger, so i could be at ikeja airport by 11am which i did. Note: No village people is involved, It will had to my experience i live i know. so just give me your honest advice not village things.
at this point they might charge you for difference fee(i.e if there has been an increase in ticket price in the airline) most times the DF is costlier than buying a new ticket,so you maje the calxulation if its cheaper to buy a new ticket ,buy it.next time when you have a situation like change of date always check for update.Thats my candid advice.
Re: I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help by Nobody: 11:45am On Aug 13, 2019
Hi you can email Etihad and explain the situation or visit their head office in Lagos but the penalty should only be the change in fare sometimes your lucky and they will wave it just rebook online and if they ask you to pay the 75 dollar fee pay it ...and just show your ticket when you get to the airport don’t let anyone bully you say you work for freelance for CNN

I showed up for a flight in LA a day later you know when it’s 11:30pm flight and you think it’s 11am na beg I beg didn’t pay anything

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help by Kekeiyke(m): 11:45am On Aug 13, 2019
Normally if you miss your flight, you will pay a fine and reschedule it. It depends on the airline. It's not the airline's fault and whatever mistake you have made is not their business. Though I have not missed a flight but I have rescheduled couple of times. Ethiopian Airline charges 150 USD for rescheduling flight after you booked date and 100USD before your booked date. So find the 75k and pay for your mistake. Your ticket is valid for one year.

2 Likes

Re: I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help by TotoNaRubber: 11:45am On Aug 13, 2019

I see 75 USD in the form you posted not N75K so that is equivalent to N27,000. Be careful not to make such mistake while trying to pay, they will even tell you to bring N50K and you will be happy to pay that not knowing your charge is actually N27K.

Why go to study in India anyway?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help by dimexy247(m): 11:45am On Aug 13, 2019
Sorry bro, back to the matter, it's no big deal to miss a flight, it's just in Nigeria we attach village people influence to every occurrences. Just pay your fine which is 75$ as shown in your screenshot and note the payment reference. Then you're good to go.

Have a safe flight.

2 Likes

Re: I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help by TotoNaRubber: 11:46am On Aug 13, 2019

I see 75 USD in the form you posted not N75K so that is equivalent to N27,000. Be careful not to make such mistake while trying to pay, they will even tell you to bring N50K and you will be happy to pay that not knowing your charge is actually N27K.

Why go to study in India anyway?

dapo456:

Reason why i missed the flight:[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] The first flight i booked showed September 18th, 1:30pm, i was so sad because this will not meet up with my course and i will have to book another one. Not knowing that the date was an error from there end and i wasn't charged at all, i almost cried for about 1hour while i was waiting for gtb to charge me, But when they didn't charge me, that was when i realized it was an error from their end so i rebooked it, now the date was okay (august 12th, 2019) but i never bother to checked the time again , forgetting that the date and time changed, i've been telling my self my flight was 1:30, I EVEN SLEPT AROUND 9 TILL 10, i live at ojodu berger, so i could be at ikeja airport by 11am which i did. Note: No village people is involved, It will had to my experience i live i know. so just give me your honest advice not village things.
Re: I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help by Commentor: 11:47am On Aug 13, 2019
shilenji:
Go back to your village buy one bottle of red oil,one carton of turkey,half bag of rice,give it to your village pipu,tell dem to leave you alone.that all. The woman wey charge you 75k go free you once and you no go dey miss flight again.

You forgot the seaman's schnapps.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help by Reference(m): 11:47am On Aug 13, 2019
If you donot have 75,000 you should not be travelling out. The only thing you can bring to Nigeria is disrepute.

4 Likes

Re: I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help by Kirchhoff01(m): 11:48am On Aug 13, 2019
solasoulmusic:
Hi you can email Etihad and explain the situation or visit their head office in Lagos but the penalty should only be the change in fare sometimes slow your lucky and they will wave it just rebook online and if they ask you to pay the 75 dollar fee pay it ...and just show your ticket when you get to the airport don’t let anyone bully you say you work for freelance for CNN

Hahahahah
Re: I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help by erico2k2(m): 11:48am On Aug 13, 2019
dapo456:

They have an office at teh Airport, thats where you need to go or go to thier head office in lagos
Re: I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help by Clakmiere090: 11:48am On Aug 13, 2019
Prayers
Re: I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help by lagdmark(m): 11:48am On Aug 13, 2019
Doubting Thomas you better carry the 75k in cash to the desk of the airline pay the lady and fly.
Stop applying i too know to everything otherwise you will have problems in India.
Re: I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help by Fogman(m): 11:49am On Aug 13, 2019
Normally there is a penalty for NO SHOW. but I don't think it is more than $100 calculated with official exchange rate. Try and reach Etihad via any of there official contact channels. Even if you have to pay that amount, demand for official receipt.

1 Like

Re: I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help by micmond: 11:50am On Aug 13, 2019
Are you saying you were not on that plane with El-zazaky? That IMN terrorist? grin grin grin

My brother no problem. Next time you book an air ticket to anywhere in the world..you must pay attention to every single details on your ticket. Reason is to avoid penalties for not flying or no show. And always carry your agent along by providing informations like ticketing

1 Like

Re: I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help by erico2k2(m): 11:50am On Aug 13, 2019
dapo456:

you where charged $75, why all the plenty talk?? change of date is not free, I paid £120 to change mine two years ago , so go and buy $75 and pay, someone already said it is N27k

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help by Giddyperson: 11:51am On Aug 13, 2019
dapo456:

Re: I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help by tfash96(m): 11:52am On Aug 13, 2019
Awon VP @ work team Village Peo..........
Re: I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help by Yamleg: 11:52am On Aug 13, 2019
This airport every E-gbos are going, I will go there too someday. Not with drugs though.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help by janykute: 11:53am On Aug 13, 2019
shams040:
I changed my flight on the flying day and the bastard Igbo people running Ethiopian airline made me pay 106k extra with the excuse that the one online as been discounted.

You should have requested to speak with your afonja brothers instead of coming here to yab rubbish.

4 Likes

Re: I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help by Izigreat: 11:53am On Aug 13, 2019
Sorry only Shiites
Re: I Missed My Flight To India Yesterday, Please Help by Yakade(m): 11:54am On Aug 13, 2019
shilenji:
see this ode?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Signs Your Visa Application Will Be Rejected / Imo Nightlife Returns, Hoteliers, Night Club Owners Happy / Mob Burnt Truckload Of Salt In Onitsha After Driver Crushed Cart Pusher To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.