Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,740 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

Ronaldo: 'the Difference With Messi...' - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo: 'the Difference With Messi...' (41845 Views)

Is Cristiano Ronaldo The Greatest Goalscorer Ever? / "I Want To Have Dinner With Messi!" - Cristiano Ronaldo (Video, Photos) / A Player With Messi And Ronaldo Attributes Combined . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ronaldo: 'the Difference With Messi...' by gaetano: 11:28am On Aug 13, 2019
Cristiano Ronaldo insists “the difference with Lionel Messi is that I won the Champions League with several clubs and I identify with this tournament.”

The Juventus star spoke to DAZN in a documentary for their ‘The Making Of’ series, with another clip released today.

He discusses his rivalry with Barcelona hero Messi and their constant battle to be considered the greatest of their generation.

“The difference with Messi is that I played for several clubs and won the Champions League with different clubs,” said CR7.

“I was top scorer in the Champions League six seasons in a row. There aren’t many players who won five Champions League trophies, so this is why I feel that I can identity myself with this tournament.

“Messi is an excellent player who will be remembered not just for his Ballon d’Or wins, but also for having improved – like me – year after year.

“I wake up every morning with the idea in my head of training with the objective of achieving something more, not just to earn money. Thank God, I don’t lack money, so what I want to earn is a place in the history of football.”

The 34-year-old Portugal international won the Champions League with Manchester United in 2008, then four editions at Real Madrid, including three in a row from 2016 to 2018.

Ronaldo received five Ballon d’Or awards as Player of the Year.

As for Messi, the 32-year-old Argentine spent his entire career at Barcelona, also winning five editions of the Ballon d’Or, but only four Champions League trophies, the most recent in 2015.

https://app.football-italia.net/index.htm#article/footballitalia-142047&menu=news-all

37 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ronaldo: 'the Difference With Messi...' by yungsmart(m): 1:13pm On Aug 13, 2019
Arrogant son of a bit*ch. You are still second to Messi the GOAT las las.
This is to show how insecure Ronaldo is and feeling threatened by messi who does his talking on the pitch

271 Likes 33 Shares

Re: Ronaldo: 'the Difference With Messi...' by yungsmart(m): 1:15pm On Aug 13, 2019
Then by his explanation seedorf is also GOAT

81 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ronaldo: 'the Difference With Messi...' by yungsmart(m): 1:15pm On Aug 13, 2019
THE REAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN RONALDO AND MESSI

One uses every single opportunity to tell the whole world that he is the best in the world.
While the other has never called himself the best rather top class coaches, legends of the game, commentators calls him the BEST EVER

261 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Ronaldo: 'the Difference With Messi...' by bashuayi(m): 1:26pm On Aug 13, 2019
CR7 remains d best

174 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Ronaldo: 'the Difference With Messi...' by Micheezy7(m): 1:44pm On Aug 13, 2019
War Loading in 3...2...1.. grin

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ronaldo: 'the Difference With Messi...' by makewetalk2: 1:44pm On Aug 13, 2019
Ronaldo feels very insecure. He will remain second to Messi forever no matter how loud he enunciates his achievement.

Ronaldo only won the champions league trophies with two clubs
Clarence Seedorf a Central Midfielder from the Netherlands won the same number of champion league trophies as Ronaldo with 3 clubs

Ronaldo is not the most successful Champion league trophy winner.
Paco Gento has 6 champion league trophies to his name

Messi scored 91 goals in 2012. why not break that record and become the GOAT that you always want to be.

Ororo why not win it with Juventus?

161 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Ronaldo: 'the Difference With Messi...' by dynicks(m): 1:44pm On Aug 13, 2019
shocked
Re: Ronaldo: 'the Difference With Messi...' by franchasng: 1:44pm On Aug 13, 2019
He's trying to be like Messi while Messi is trying to be like himself wink

127 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Ronaldo: 'the Difference With Messi...' by DancingSkeleton(m): 1:45pm On Aug 13, 2019
grin Messi lives rent free in this guy's head

149 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Ronaldo: 'the Difference With Messi...' by TechCapon(m): 1:45pm On Aug 13, 2019
The real GOAT. I watched an interesting interview of Cristiano Ronaldo and he said that he's better than Messi by far. For him to say it with confidence means he's the best. Messi can't say such in front of a camera grin

128 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ronaldo: 'the Difference With Messi...' by VeteranOG: 1:45pm On Aug 13, 2019
Baba you no need to the talk anymore jare....

Barca people will always be barca people... Dem no dey die...

Greatest tlll the end of rapture

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ronaldo: 'the Difference With Messi...' by MrGreenMavro: 1:45pm On Aug 13, 2019
Let's settle this finally...

Click like for Ronaldo and Click Share for Messi

413 Likes 308 Shares

Re: Ronaldo: 'the Difference With Messi...' by calculator123(m): 1:45pm On Aug 13, 2019
With this logic, Zlatan or even Pogba Should be GOAT

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo: 'the Difference With Messi...' by mimilogistics: 1:45pm On Aug 13, 2019
Both are great footballers grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo: 'the Difference With Messi...' by Ewedegubbler: 1:45pm On Aug 13, 2019
Assistant GOAT won't let us hear word when the GOAT himself is minding his business

56 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ronaldo: 'the Difference With Messi...' by physise(m): 1:45pm On Aug 13, 2019
Messi living rent-free inside Ronaldo's head.

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ronaldo: 'the Difference With Messi...' by GoggleB(m): 1:45pm On Aug 13, 2019
Please who knows when they will release Sowore?
Re: Ronaldo: 'the Difference With Messi...' by larryeffizy1(m): 1:45pm On Aug 13, 2019
U don't compare sleep with death.... kiss

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo: 'the Difference With Messi...' by WalkerMichael(m): 1:46pm On Aug 13, 2019
lets settle this once and for all.

LIKE - for messi

SHare - for ronaldo.

ps. i read a line in this interview that bursted my head/... "Thank God, I don’t lack money, so what I want to earn is a place in the history of football.” ...it's not easy to get to that stage... HARDWORK, CONSISTENCY

320 Likes 173 Shares

Re: Ronaldo: 'the Difference With Messi...' by halalMACburger: 1:46pm On Aug 13, 2019
Go and sit down

Where is your champions league trophy with Juventus?

Make Barcelona jam Juventus for champions league, you go know say GOAT (Messi) get horn.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo: 'the Difference With Messi...' by bbyby01: 1:46pm On Aug 13, 2019
Actually, Ronaldo is a greater footballer than Messi is. However, Messi sabi play ball pass Ronaldo, he does things so effortlessly

28 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ronaldo: 'the Difference With Messi...' by TheBeat: 1:46pm On Aug 13, 2019
grin
Pique won it with two clubs, Eto won it with two clubs. Ronaldo dey form goal scorer but Messi get goals pass am. Just tell me the area you are better than Messi. He has more trophies than you. More assists, more dribbles. With all your desperation and selfishness, you never scored more than Messi in a calender year. You never banged 50 league goals, Messi has more golden boot than you. You even get mad when your team mates score goals....it's all about you and you. Messi is so generous that he passed a penalty kick to ensure that his team mate is on the score sheet.

Ronaldo you are a very hardworking dude no doubt but history will remember you as assistant GOAT grin

164 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Ronaldo: 'the Difference With Messi...' by Teeisaac(m): 1:47pm On Aug 13, 2019
Never compare them
Messi play wot I feel as real football, a very talented footballer messi kind we come in another generation not this one again, best footballer av ever seen since yr 2000 I started watching d game called football
Ronaldo is d most hardworking footballer av ever seen he deserves everything he got

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo: 'the Difference With Messi...' by betterpikinn: 1:47pm On Aug 13, 2019
grin grin

I am usually amazed whenever I see two retardz arguing about who's better between the two?

Like, what value will such arguement add to your JOBLESS life??

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo: 'the Difference With Messi...' by Pidginwhisper: 1:47pm On Aug 13, 2019
Ororo the GOAT. Any other dwarf goat is just a stagnant ewure that refuses to leave it's owner gated compound for the fear of being used for Asu grin.

Watch his attack dogs bark

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ronaldo: 'the Difference With Messi...' by JustSomeDude(m): 1:48pm On Aug 13, 2019
Insecurity at its highest.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ronaldo: 'the Difference With Messi...' by Wallade(m): 1:48pm On Aug 13, 2019
yungsmart:
This is to show how insecure Ronaldo is and feeling threatened by messi who does his talking on the pitch

He may be proud and arrogant however, I think he already outshined Messi in terms of achievements.

This is not to disrespect Messi whom I see as a naturally talented and gifted footballer.

Ronaldo CR7 will always appreciate Messi because the achievements of Messi inspired and pushed him for more in football world. Now look at his strides thus far, he had to train hard, keep trying and learn more to get to this level.

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ronaldo: 'the Difference With Messi...' by Sonfethopia: 1:48pm On Aug 13, 2019
yungsmart:

Person humble him too humble,him proud him too proud .as if u holy

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Sir Alex Ferguson In Intensive Care After Brain Sugery As Sympathy Floods In(Pic / Nsukka Township Stadium In Enugu State Takes Shape (Photos) / GT Stiches And PiolaFootprints Made The Super Eagles Native Outfits To Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.