Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,577 members, 7,809,096 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Expiring International Passport - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Expiring International Passport (7177 Views)

My Passport Is Expiring Soon And I Need To Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport / When Is The Old Nigerian Passport Expiring? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Expiring International Passport by demmy07: 7:56pm On Jan 18, 2006
Hi Guys,
I am looking out for those that might have ideas and suggestions about this.

I am travelling to Sweden to school and my program is one and half year. Now the Swedish embassy normally issue a 1 yr visa for study which I am expecting to get anytime soon and they would extend it if you are staying longer. So I expect them to extend it after the first year. The issue is my passport is due to expire in March 2007. Now I want to renew it b4 I leave so I don't have to worry about validity but the passport guys says I can't renew it yet since it's still a long time away from expiring. I also heard you can renew your passport at a Nigerian embassy abroad. Is that possible. I would not like the situation where I would have to come back to Nigeria just to renew my passport.
Re: Expiring International Passport by layi(m): 8:38pm On Jan 18, 2006
Its simple. Google search for Nigerian Embassy in sweden contact details. Call them and make your enquiries now b4 travelling.

Its possible to renew your passport abroad.
Re: Expiring International Passport by rikkyjen(m): 11:48pm On Jan 18, 2006
Truly as a resident in d states ,i can authoritatively tell you dat u can renew ur passports at any nigerian consulate/embassy abroad!!!!..Am pretty 100% sure..but its gonna cost u lil money..

But mr man,u dey surprise me oooooooo!!!!...Didnt u read ur Passport booklet...Hum...naija man!!! for heavens sake its written on ur passport that u can reknew expiring passports at consulates abroad...U dont even know wat u are holding embarassed sad shocked cry...The reknewal isnt a big deal,the consulate will just inkstamp ur passport showing its been renewed...Chikena
Re: Expiring International Passport by oasis: 5:02pm On Feb 03, 2006
Isn't it true that the Nigerian embassy requires that you're endorsed by somebody in a high position such as a doctor before your passport can be renewed?

You're doing the right thing by asking. Most Nigerians make assumptions about things, then later find themselves in a quandary when reality hits.
Re: Expiring International Passport by regyduet: 2:57pm On Apr 07, 2010
hello demmy07

i very much agree with house if they say u can get it abroad but as for reissue of renewal as far as i am concern it does not exist here in nigeria with the new e passport you have to reapply because it s gonna b a new passport entirely believe me man .i work with the immigration offices and for all i know it does not work that way, but my advice for you is to try and get here if u still around i ll b willing to assist.in getting it urgently .
regards.
rebuntorhyme@yahoo.com mobile ,08067640762
Re: Expiring International Passport by omega25red(m): 6:21pm On Apr 07, 2010
regyduet:

hello demmy07

i very much agree with house if they say u can get it abroad but as for reissue of renewal as far as i am concern it does not exist here in nigeria with the new e passport you have to reapply because it s gonna b a new passport entirely believe me man .i work with the immigration offices and for all i know it does not work that way, but my advice for you is to try and get here if u still around i ll b willing to assist.in getting it urgently .
regards.
rebuntorhyme@yahoo.com mobile ,08067640762
^^^ grin guy man i no go call you theif but get ready. anyway this post is sooooooooooooooooo old it is actually from 2006 and would you think the poster would still be dealing with that issue?

(1)

Nigerians Abused And Treated Unfairly In Malaysia / Pictures Of Places In Nigeria (the Good, The Bad And The Ugly). / How Did You Get Your International Passport?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.