Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,428 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:15 PM

Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? (39341 Views)

If I Do Masters Make I Bend: I Changed That Mentality After Writing This Exam. / "If I Do Masters, Make I Bend" IMSU Student Laments On His Graduation Day. / Finished With A Third Class Degree, Can I Do Masters? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? by Isobug: 2:11pm On Aug 14, 2019
kfrosh:
You can start by using Google. Reword your question in so many ways. For example, WHAT NEXT after a third class degree, can I do my Masters degree in the US with a third class, where you able to get a job with a third class degree etc.

Reword in so many ways and you'll be surprised at real life experiences you'll see on links you'll be directed to. You can get a Masters degree in the US if your CGPA falls within 2.5/4 evaluating your result using WES. Or if your CGPA lies within 2.3 thereabout.

If you've got funds, doing a top up degree in a UK school will be your "bestest" choice. It goes for one year and you can do your Masters after that immediately. You can even get a First class in your top-up degree, I've seen one too many cases of such result.

So in other words, your options are limitless. It's a tough road ahead, but you'll surely conquer once you're focused and you learn from your past mistakes.

Bros weldone,My interest is in top up. Can they accept HND for top up?
Re: Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? by Rhymeyjohn: 2:11pm On Aug 14, 2019
Stillthebest:

I don't know how what pdg means. But postgraduate studies is PGD
Pgd means Postgraduate diploma.

I wrote extensively about it. It's for 3rd class graduates and those changing course.
See more here
http://postgraduatenigeria.com.ng/2017/10/postgraduatenigeria--co-2/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? by Wickedfacts: 2:14pm On Aug 14, 2019
Hipsofagoddess:

He should go into entrepreneurship but you're shading those selling small chops and makeup. If you don't know, Kylie Jenner is a billionaire from making and selling makeup.

Did Kylie Jenner attend any university before selling makeup? No
If you don't know, she attended just high school, not University or College.

Nursery school, Primary school, Secondary school, Private University, then small chops. Does it make sense?

Compare this to
Nursery school, Primary school, Secondary school, catering school, City and Guilds, small chops and makeup, Entrepreneurship school, Open University.

The money spent on Private University education only to be selling small chops is a waste.

2 Likes

Re: Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? by Partnerbiz3: 2:48pm On Aug 14, 2019
Stillthebest:

I don't know how what pdg means. But postgraduate studies is PGD

It was stated as though there was something like pdg.

We all know pgd naa.
Re: Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? by Misslagbaja: 2:48pm On Aug 14, 2019
Lugianostar:

Yes sir. I never meant it please

Good boy
Re: Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? by guvna(m): 2:58pm On Aug 14, 2019
Read The Graduate Code by Akanimo Odon

Lots of useful info there

Link: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Graduate-Code-Akanimo-Odon-ebook/dp/B07PKHM766

Good luck
Re: Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Aug 14, 2019
Wickedfacts:

Did Kylie Jenner attend any university before selling makeup? No
If you don't know, she attended just high school, not University or College.

Nursery school, Primary school, Secondary school, Private University, then small chops. Does it make sense?

Compare this to
Nursery school, Primary school, Secondary school, catering school, City and Guilds, small chops and makeup, Entrepreneurship school, Open University.

The money spent on Private University education only to be selling small chops is a waste.

She was homeschooled like most celebrities which cost more. University education is never a waste, private or public. And most private universities make entrepreneurship a must pass course for every student.
Re: Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Aug 14, 2019
walkwithgod:

Mumu, that's America not NIGERIA.

I hope you know that you're actually the senseless one here. Let me leave you with a saying "Seeth a man diligent in his work? He shall dine with kings."

It doesn't matter what you do, as long as you are diligent and consistent, there would be a light at the end of the tunnel. Comparing America and Nigeria would do nothing for you. Get up and work.
Re: Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? by elijah101(m): 3:07pm On Aug 14, 2019
The energy wey you use write this yeye comment ... why you no use am give the guy solution ... and please guy ... Cyprus will offer masters with immediate effect ... if you really want to do masters ... Cyprus is the way ...
clintonsparkz:
oga shift joor make he take 1 week to read a thread cos of just question, u guys think everyone is so free and has time, u don't even know how urgent it is, oversabi sabi
Re: Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? by Stillthebest: 3:11pm On Aug 14, 2019
Partnerbiz3:

It was stated as though there was something like pdg.

We all know pgd naa.

Was trying to correct the Op. He used pdg instead of pgd.
Re: Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? by Stillthebest: 3:12pm On Aug 14, 2019
Rhymeyjohn:

Pgd means Postgraduate diploma.

I wrote extensively about it. It's for 3rd class graduates and those changing course.
See more here
http://postgraduatenigeria.com.ng/2017/10/postgraduatenigeria--co-2/

Lol I know. I was correcting the Op that used PDG Instead of PGD
Re: Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? by Immaculate090: 3:23pm On Aug 14, 2019
chloride6:
If you had a 3rd class in school, why do you think school is the way for you?

Don't say that, my wife got a third class from OAU , now she is a big fish with higher degree from a university in u.k

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? by Nobody: 3:36pm On Aug 14, 2019
Branduche:
You sef wan port? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Oh boy! na ''secure the future'' things oh! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? by Nobody: 3:39pm On Aug 14, 2019
Immaculate090:

Don't say that, my wife got a third class from OAU , now she is a big fish with higher degree from a university in u.k
Good for you and your wife. So is she based in the UK? What's her line of work?
Re: Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? by kpolli(m): 3:43pm On Aug 14, 2019
hebenezher:
Good evening guys.

I have an issue draining my life and my emotions. It goes thus; I have just graduated from the University with a degree of 3rd class in mathematical sciences(IT). It is so hard to accept but the deed has been done and I have to start looking forward. so, I want to make an enquiry if there's chance for me to do a master in the USA with such low degree or if they also accept 3rd class graduate through PDG. please I need your advice on this.

thank you all!

Very possible, do well in GRE and have good recommendations and statement of purpose.
Re: Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? by kroger: 3:57pm On Aug 14, 2019
hebenezher:
Good evening guys.

I have an issue draining my life and my emotions. It goes thus; I have just graduated from the University with a degree of 3rd class in mathematical sciences(IT). It is so hard to accept but the deed has been done and I have to start looking forward. so, I want to make an enquiry if there's chance for me to do a master in the USA with such low degree or if they also accept 3rd class graduate through PDG. please I need your advice on this.

thank you all!

Are you coming to america to just school and come back if given the VISA?
Re: Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? by richysam(m): 4:03pm On Aug 14, 2019
Jchi9876:
Olodo sef wan japa go Europe/USA
you were not meant to have sense sincerely.
the almighty perfect one, the one who has never made one mistake in his life. you are this perfect n ur life dey like this?
Re: Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Aug 14, 2019
Re: Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? by kfrosh: 4:23pm On Aug 14, 2019
Of course Yes, it's mainly for HND sef.
Isobug:

Bros weldone,My interest is in top up. Can they accept HND for top up?
Re: Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? by zone51: 5:34pm On Aug 14, 2019
hebenezher:
Good evening guys.

thank you all!

Sorry bro, forget masters. You have a degree in Mathematical Sciences, why don't you go into IT fully, start training gradually, go for certifications afterwards...With hardwork and Grace of God, Jobs will look for you when you are good at what you do.

Mind you, I'm in the same shoe like you. I graduated with 3rd class, and I have changed job twice in the last 4years in Abuja with good pay.

How do I do it?

I started with system administration right from school since I observed the future of my grades, after graduation, I went for CCNA training at Afrihub in Abuja, and wrote exam on MCSA.

I honed skills in Networking and Web designing, all thanks to YouTube and Lynda, I'm presently learning Python programming language and happily married with kids.

So, it's your mindset n not your degree. wink

4 Likes

Re: Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? by enonche85(m): 8:03pm On Aug 14, 2019
There are schools in Canada that accept 3rd class for post graduate programs. Private chat me if u want more details.
Re: Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? by Mubarak05(m): 11:58pm On Aug 14, 2019
enonche85:
There are schools in Canada that accept 3rd class for post graduate programs. Private chat me if u want more details.
Pls can you elaborate more on it

1 Like

Re: Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? by MezieFresh: 12:36am On Aug 15, 2019
kfrosh:
Yes..... that's what it's called. A top-up degree in the UK. It's for a year. Most or some of their universities offer it.

Okay thanks!
Will research on it
Re: Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? by Myhusband(m): 3:10am On Aug 15, 2019
why the haste guy? why not go for a second degree instead? maybe here or there. why post graduate?

came out with second class lower due to my careless mistake. I'm on the move of second degree to correct that silly mistakes. if I get to 200level and I no write first class? na to quit school to learn aluminum

1m you should get a skills in ICT, software, programming and enroll for a second degree here in Nigeria except your ulterior motive is to exit Nigeria
Re: Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? by enonche85(m): 2:01pm On Aug 15, 2019
Mubarak05:
Pls can you elaborate more on it

University of Regina accept 3rd class for 1yr post grad course and you'll be given a 2yrs visa.

There are other schools who accept 3rs class in Canada as well.
Re: Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? by Mubarak05(m): 7:20pm On Aug 15, 2019
enonche85:

University of Regina accept 3rd class for 1yr post grad course and you'll be given a 2yrs visa.

There are other schools who accept 3rs class in Canada as well.
Thanks bro I am really grateful
Re: Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? by enonche85(m): 3:20pm On Aug 16, 2019
Mubarak05:
Thanks bro I am really grateful

U can just write to them n check their website for more info
Re: Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? by iyimide(m): 7:04am On Aug 18, 2019
They do this package all over Abuja. Just go to those agents in CBD.. it's very easy admission in less than 1 week.. visa the following week.. and viam..... unhave reach cyprus.. what guys Do is that after studies.. they port to neighbouring countries..
that's all..
Eco2580:

Whole package?
Pls explain a little, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? by wonyi: 8:17am On Oct 28, 2019
Stillthebest:

Most universities in the USA will not accept third class for masters degree and even in Europe. But you can consider Cyprus and Georgia(not costly schools). They have some universities that will accept you, then with their internal qualifying tests.

You can also consider PGD.... not PDG pls. You can run a pgd in Nigeria. Futa runs it for 3 semesters. Or better still contact any lower standard school you wish to attend in the usa, Europe and Canada as them their waivers. Most schools have waivers especially when they target our money.

Plus Africans alwsys do better in schools abroad and they know this. Some of their waivers are that they could ask yu to sit for an internal qualifying test or run a short term program to qualify you for masters. Could gulp money tho.

Good day, please explain more on the PGD and PGS and FUTA running a 3 semester. Thank you
Re: Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? by nnahernest(m): 1:04pm On Oct 28, 2019
WhatsApp me 07039476669
Re: Can I Do Masters With A 3rd Class Degree In Europe (USA)? by VickyRotex(f): 9:06pm On May 09, 2020
eleko1:
lipsrsealed embarassed embarassed my sugar mummy vickyrotex,pls help/give him info about canada sch biko.Gbogbo wa la o se orire oo

Eleko cheesy grin cheesy

Great to know that you're still here.

OP: I'm sorry I just saw this mention.

I hope you were able to make a decision?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Photos From The Center Of Excellence Of A.B.U. Zaria / Mum Cries Out After Finding Out Her Daughter’s Hair Was Shaved At School - Photo / See What Happens In Our Public Examination? Girls Or Boys Need to change NOW!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.