Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,214 members, 7,780,399 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:34 PM

Adenuga Honoured As Ijebuland Stands Still For Glo-powered Ojude Oba Festival - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Adenuga Honoured As Ijebuland Stands Still For Glo-powered Ojude Oba Festival (31934 Views)

Subomi Balogun Arrives At Ojude Oba In Rolls-Royce Phantom / Paddy Adenuga: 10 Things You Didn't Know About Mike Adenuga’s Son / Paddy Adenuga: 'I Cannot Date A Lady That Wears Wig, I Have Standards' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adenuga Honoured As Ijebuland Stands Still For Glo-powered Ojude Oba Festival by HeWrites(m): 5:58pm On Aug 13, 2019
The historic town of Ijebu Ode is currently at a standstill for the 2019 edition of the annual Ojude Oba festival.

Activities began on Monday with the “Otunba Day” during where Globacom Chairman and Otunba Apesin of Ijebuland, Dr. Mike Adenuga, was honoured for his immense contributions to Ijebuland, Igbere TV reports.

Tow other prominent sons of Ijebuland First City Monument Bank (FCMB) Chairman, Otunba Subomi Balogun, and former Governor of Ogun State, Otunba Gbenga Daniel, were also honoured.

Eighteen original artefacts recovered from all over the world were presented and displayed at the Banquet Hall, Awujale Palace, venue of Monday’s event.

Thousands of guests arrived Ijebu Ode from all over the country had arrived Ijebu Ode on Tuesday for the grand finale of the Ojude Oba festival, Igbere TV reports.

Over 50 age groups are paying homage to the paramount ruler of Ijebu Ode, the Alayeluwa, Oba Sikiru Adetona during this year’s edition of the festival.

This year’s edition of the festival will also feature a raffle draw courtesy of the major sponsor, Globacom. Many lucky attendees will go home with various prizes, including tricycles and television sets.

A musical performance featuring the popular Fuji musician, Abass Akande Obesere and pop sensation, Lil’ Kesh will also hold later in the day. A beauty pageant will also hold where Miss Ojude Oba 2019 will be crowned.

Telecommunications giant, Globacom, will empower 10 lucky subscribers with tricycles at the festival.

The network is also 10 Plasma television sets to 10 families of its subscribers within Ijebuland at the festival on Tuesday.

In addition, Glo is giving out hefty cash prizes for most colourful and creative groups out of the over 50 age groups (Regberegbe).

Globacom sponsors the Ojude Oba Festival as part of its socio-responsibility innovation to the society.

The festival is marked on the third day of Eid-el-Kabir in Ijebuland.

Oba Adetona, who has earned a reputation for putting the interest of his kingdom first in all matters, has transformed the annual festival with invaluable contributions from Globacom.

The monarch was born in 1934 to the family of Prince Rufai Adetona and Alhaja Ajibabi Adetona (nee Onashile).

Oba Adetona was enthroned as the Awujale of Ijebu Kingdom in 1960 at age 26.

He is now Nigeria’s longest-reigning monarch at age 85 after 59 years on the throne.

At a lecture held in Ijebu Ode to commemorate the monarch’s 85th birthday, Globacom Chairman, Mike Adenuga, recommended the inculcation of the noble values of honesty, hard work, integrity, probity and good character found in Oba Adetona.

The entrepreneurial monarch attended Baptist School, Ereko, Ijebu Ode; Ogbere United Primary School, Oke Agbo Ijebu; and Ansar-Ud-Deen School, Ijebu Ode between 1943 and 1950.

His Secondary Education was at Olu-Iwa College (later merged with Ijebu-Ode Secondary Commercial School into Adeola Odutola College), Ijebu-Ode, from 1951 to 1956.

The revered traditional ruler is a recipient of several honorary degrees including the Doctor of Law (LL.D) from the University of Technology, Yola; and Doctor of Civil Law (D.CL) from Ogun State University, now Olabisi Onabanjo University.

Oba Adetona was chairman of Ogun State Council of Traditional Rulers and also served as Special Envoy to South Africa.

Source; http://igberetvnews.com/895755/billionaire-businessman-adenuga-honoured-as-ijebuland-stands-still-for-glo-powered-festival/

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adenuga Honoured As Ijebuland Stands Still For Glo-powered Ojude Oba Festival by johnmartus(m): 6:20pm On Aug 13, 2019
Long life sir.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adenuga Honoured As Ijebuland Stands Still For Glo-powered Ojude Oba Festival by akpaan(m): 6:36pm On Aug 13, 2019
This snail speed network

12 Likes

Re: Adenuga Honoured As Ijebuland Stands Still For Glo-powered Ojude Oba Festival by Amuocha: 6:36pm On Aug 13, 2019
Poor network

1 Like

Re: Adenuga Honoured As Ijebuland Stands Still For Glo-powered Ojude Oba Festival by Tamasaba: 6:36pm On Aug 13, 2019
Plz any alexreportz topic on frontpage should include his name as a warning to viewers coz he zaps my data with his unnecessarily too many and repetitive pictures

16 Likes

Re: Adenuga Honoured As Ijebuland Stands Still For Glo-powered Ojude Oba Festival by rapcy(m): 6:36pm On Aug 13, 2019
Legend

Support Nigeria Always

9 Likes

Re: Adenuga Honoured As Ijebuland Stands Still For Glo-powered Ojude Oba Festival by ibdavidson: 6:36pm On Aug 13, 2019
Na for u oo, u just carry my FTC like dat
Re: Adenuga Honoured As Ijebuland Stands Still For Glo-powered Ojude Oba Festival by Onlinealaba(m): 6:36pm On Aug 13, 2019
Glo with pride grin. This man keep a very low profile even as a billionaire..he isn't with the social media craze

CHECK MY PROFILE, your electronics at best prices

13 Likes

Re: Adenuga Honoured As Ijebuland Stands Still For Glo-powered Ojude Oba Festival by SETTINGZ0000000: 6:37pm On Aug 13, 2019
Shut up they honored his money

2 Likes

Re: Adenuga Honoured As Ijebuland Stands Still For Glo-powered Ojude Oba Festival by EddieCAD(m): 6:37pm On Aug 13, 2019
Humble Billionaire, I wonder if this man is on social media undecided

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adenuga Honoured As Ijebuland Stands Still For Glo-powered Ojude Oba Festival by Bede2u(m): 6:38pm On Aug 13, 2019
I want to be like this man....but i dont want to base in lagos....i want to base in enugu and still be a billionaire. I know its possible...south east to africa...u can start a business in emene and make it a world brand and still be humble

21 Likes

Re: Adenuga Honoured As Ijebuland Stands Still For Glo-powered Ojude Oba Festival by vision202020: 6:38pm On Aug 13, 2019
grin
Re: Adenuga Honoured As Ijebuland Stands Still For Glo-powered Ojude Oba Festival by englishmart(m): 6:38pm On Aug 13, 2019
Mtschew. Local champion leyeyi

1 Like

Re: Adenuga Honoured As Ijebuland Stands Still For Glo-powered Ojude Oba Festival by Konsult07(m): 6:39pm On Aug 13, 2019
Proudly son of the soil

1 Like

Re: Adenuga Honoured As Ijebuland Stands Still For Glo-powered Ojude Oba Festival by Nobody: 6:39pm On Aug 13, 2019
Our very own Globacom.

2 Likes

Re: Adenuga Honoured As Ijebuland Stands Still For Glo-powered Ojude Oba Festival by munex007(m): 6:39pm On Aug 13, 2019
The only true Billionaire that doesn't sleep with government..

14 Likes

Re: Adenuga Honoured As Ijebuland Stands Still For Glo-powered Ojude Oba Festival by bjbjbj: 6:39pm On Aug 13, 2019
True billionaires. Without noise.

4 Likes

Re: Adenuga Honoured As Ijebuland Stands Still For Glo-powered Ojude Oba Festival by Judolisco(m): 6:40pm On Aug 13, 2019
Dis adenuga man no 2 dey cast himself

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adenuga Honoured As Ijebuland Stands Still For Glo-powered Ojude Oba Festival by Melvis100(m): 6:40pm On Aug 13, 2019
If u are rich, u will be chairman of everything both living and dead

2 Likes

Re: Adenuga Honoured As Ijebuland Stands Still For Glo-powered Ojude Oba Festival by chinavs9ja(m): 6:40pm On Aug 13, 2019
cheesy

Get your own professional website today...check my signature
Re: Adenuga Honoured As Ijebuland Stands Still For Glo-powered Ojude Oba Festival by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 13, 2019
EddieCAD:
Humble Billionaire, I wonder if this man is on social media undecided

He is a Recluse I think, he doesn't like noise at all. Really cool man.

21 Likes

Re: Adenuga Honoured As Ijebuland Stands Still For Glo-powered Ojude Oba Festival by Judolisco(m): 6:41pm On Aug 13, 2019
englishmart:
Mtschew. Local champion leyeyi
better dey pray make u sef be local champion

5 Likes

Re: Adenuga Honoured As Ijebuland Stands Still For Glo-powered Ojude Oba Festival by Nobody: 6:41pm On Aug 13, 2019
Judolisco:
Dis adenuga man no 2 dey cast himself

Daz how Star do grin

10 Likes

Re: Adenuga Honoured As Ijebuland Stands Still For Glo-powered Ojude Oba Festival by Judolisco(m): 6:42pm On Aug 13, 2019
AryaSand:

Daz how Star do grin
I think all dis yahoo boys should use him as a case study

14 Likes

Re: Adenuga Honoured As Ijebuland Stands Still For Glo-powered Ojude Oba Festival by Pearlyakin(m): 6:43pm On Aug 13, 2019
Ijebu re wa, awa l'omo alare grin

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adenuga Honoured As Ijebuland Stands Still For Glo-powered Ojude Oba Festival by Akinola2543(m): 6:44pm On Aug 13, 2019
Great people great king
Re: Adenuga Honoured As Ijebuland Stands Still For Glo-powered Ojude Oba Festival by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 13, 2019
Judolisco:
I think all dis yahoo boys should use him as a case study

You think those ones have sense? Flaunting ill gotten wealth up and down just to prove a stupid point to those who don't care.

16 Likes

Re: Adenuga Honoured As Ijebuland Stands Still For Glo-powered Ojude Oba Festival by mimilogistics: 6:46pm On Aug 13, 2019
Great man wink

Yorubas are a great tribe, they have a lot of enviable, amiable personalities one can't stop admiring their lifestyle and success, Ijebu re wa, Yoruba amaka shocked

The love, care, patronage and blessings Yorubas have showered on our businesses and brands is immeasurable. You trust us with your millions even without meeting us, you trust us with your goods just because someone told you about us, we are more than grateful, and will never let you down, we will go extra mile to make sure we serve you with dignity and ensure your business grows beyond boundaries cool

14 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Adenuga Honoured As Ijebuland Stands Still For Glo-powered Ojude Oba Festival by YorubaWarrior: 6:48pm On Aug 13, 2019
All cuz he has $$$. The money ill-gotten by corrupt means. NONSENSE! angry

The black man has always been foolish and never been wise. angry

1 Like

Re: Adenuga Honoured As Ijebuland Stands Still For Glo-powered Ojude Oba Festival by yomalex(m): 6:50pm On Aug 13, 2019
cheesy
Re: Adenuga Honoured As Ijebuland Stands Still For Glo-powered Ojude Oba Festival by FarahAideed: 6:50pm On Aug 13, 2019
Okay

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Suspension Of International Transaction On Debit/credit Card. / Lagos, Kaduna, Edo Most Indebted States In Nigeria. / Naira Records Gain Against Dollar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.