Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,962 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Does God Decide Our Relationships? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does God Decide Our Relationships? (1266 Views)

Our Relationships And The Impact Of Social Media / How Movies are affecting our relationships / Ways Pride Is Hurting Our Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does God Decide Our Relationships? by Mandyoluchi(m): 6:12pm On Aug 13, 2019
I am a fresh graduate from a reputable university in the southern part of the nation. After giving my life to Christ, I decided not to engage in immoral relationship. However, towards my graduation, I fell in love with one of my coursemates whom I had at mind to court. The factors that got me gravitated towards her were that we attended same fellowship and she was a very comely person. Those factors made me conclude she'd make a goid wife.
I summoned courage abd made my intention known to her at her house. She told me at her age, she'd learnt to consult God before taking any major decisions. She promised to get back to me as soon as she got a confirmation from God. This happened around March and since then she's not said anything to that effect. I too have decided not to ask her about the matter again. But I don't know if i'm making a mistake. Pls I need ur candid advice on this matter
Re: Does God Decide Our Relationships? by millionboi2: 6:18pm On Aug 13, 2019
Ask her
Re: Does God Decide Our Relationships? by DanDeeBoss(m): 6:23pm On Aug 13, 2019
And what have God told you about her??

1 Like

Re: Does God Decide Our Relationships? by donbachi(m): 6:31pm On Aug 13, 2019
Nothing concern God for any relationship..the bible says"he who finds a wife,findeth a gud thing and obtaineth favour from God"...there is a reward for every marital decision made and not courtship or boyfriend/girlfriend relationship...leave God alone.

1 Like

Re: Does God Decide Our Relationships? by Rossycee(f): 6:40pm On Aug 13, 2019
It's not like God is the one making the decision, You can ask God for direction, it's all about your believe and your relationship with your God.
Re: Does God Decide Our Relationships? by Mandyoluchi(m): 6:50pm On Aug 13, 2019
millionboi2:
Ask her

You think that's a good idea? I'll think about that
Re: Does God Decide Our Relationships? by MJBOLT: 6:50pm On Aug 13, 2019
you have been 'godzoned'

4 Likes

Re: Does God Decide Our Relationships? by Mandyoluchi(m): 6:52pm On Aug 13, 2019
MJBOLT:
you have been 'godzoned'

I really think so judging from her body language

1 Like

Re: Does God Decide Our Relationships? by linearity: 7:03pm On Aug 13, 2019
Bros don’t ask her....if you had met her criteria for a hubby, she would have said YES by now.

God only directs our steps, He does not point to a particular individual for us.

Majority of those who seeks God’s face in marriage, still gravitate towards the things they like in the opposite gender.

I also do not believe that, there is anything call ‘love’. We just call a laundry list of things we like to see on a ‘wife or husband’ material and gravitate toward the individual that have most of the things on that list and conclude we ‘love’ that individual.

If there is true love for an individual, then the cripple brother and truck pusher should have had an equal shot at marrying the most beautiful Christian or Moslem lady around; but if you check those marriages, it is only available to the exclusive few. I believe only God is capable of Love, as he love us irrespective of who we are or what qualities or features or skill, etc we possess....no man or woman born of a woman is capable of love....and don’t start me off on those ‘love at first sight’ gibberish...I also love a ripe banana and groundnut at first sight, because I desire it so much right now!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Decide Our Relationships? by DonEd(m): 7:06pm On Aug 13, 2019
Sometimes our persistence as men can influence their decisions. Believe me, God's favour comes after you have gotten/found the wife. So, if u are convinced that she is the one for you, talk to the God the Father about it and keep pursuing.

My two cents though.
Re: Does God Decide Our Relationships? by LilMissFavvy(f): 7:27pm On Aug 13, 2019
You really think so? Imargine your response. Makes me wonder if you are a true born again. One of the pastor I respect so much, after meeting with his wife in a fellowship approached her, he knew she was his wife, but after talking to her about marriage, she said he should give her time to pray, she gave him a ''yes'' after one year. Just tell her you are still awaiting her response, give at least 6-9months.
Mandyoluchi:

I really think so judging from her body language

1 Like

Re: Does God Decide Our Relationships? by Mandyoluchi(m): 8:19pm On Aug 13, 2019
DanDeeBoss:
And what have God told you about her??

Nothing yer
Re: Does God Decide Our Relationships? by Mandyoluchi(m): 8:21pm On Aug 13, 2019
donbachi:
Nothing concern God for any relationship..the bible says"he who finds a wife,findeth a gud thing and obtaineth favour from God"...there is a reward for every marital decision made and not courtship or boyfriend/girlfriend relationship...leave God alone.

So you think she's playing me?
Re: Does God Decide Our Relationships? by Mandyoluchi(m): 8:22pm On Aug 13, 2019
Rossycee:
It's not like God is the one making the decision, You can ask God for direction, it's all about your believe and your relationship with your God.

Thanks bro
Re: Does God Decide Our Relationships? by Mandyoluchi(m): 8:25pm On Aug 13, 2019
linearity:
Bros don’t ask her....if had met her criteria for a hubby, she would have said YES by now.

God only directs our steps, He does not point to a particular individual for us.

Majority of those who seeks God’s face in marriage, still gravitate towards the things they like in the opposite gender.

I also do not believe that, there is anything call ‘love’. We just call a laundry list of things we like to see on a ‘wife or husband’ material and gravitate toward the individual that have most of the things on that list and conclude we ‘love’ that individual.

If there is true love for an individual, then the cripple brother and truck pusher should have had an equal shot at marrying the most beautiful Christian or Moslem lady around; but if you check those marriages, it is only available to the exclusive few. I believe only God is capable of Love, as he love us irrespective of who we are or what qualities or features or skill, etc we possess....no man or woman born of a woman is capable of love....and don’t start me off on those ‘love at first sight’ gibberish...I also love a ripe banana and groundnut at first sight, because I desire it so much right now!

Thanks bro. I appreciate
Re: Does God Decide Our Relationships? by Mandyoluchi(m): 8:28pm On Aug 13, 2019
DonEd:
Sometimes our persistence as men can influence their decisions. Believe me, God's favour comes after you have gotten/found the wife. So, if u are convinced that she is the one for you, talk to the God the Father about it and keep pursuing.

My two cents though.

Thanks for ur two cents bro
Re: Does God Decide Our Relationships? by Rossycee(f): 8:38pm On Aug 13, 2019
Mandyoluchi:

Thanks bro
Sis
Re: Does God Decide Our Relationships? by donbachi(m): 8:53pm On Aug 13, 2019
Mandyoluchi:

So you think she's playing me?
sure
Re: Does God Decide Our Relationships? by luvyaself95(m): 9:28pm On Aug 13, 2019
LilMissFavvy:
You really think so? Imargine your response. Makes me wonder if you are a true born again. One of the pastor I respect so much, after meeting with his wife in a fellowship approached her, he knew she was his wife, but after talking to her about marriage, she said he should give her time to pray, she gave him a ''yes'' after one year. Just tell her you are still awaiting her response, give at least 6-9months.
Waiting For a whole one year to get response is she that decent and virgin cos from my view it too long aba if puna has been leftover nko...
Re: Does God Decide Our Relationships? by StrikeBack(m): 9:36pm On Aug 13, 2019
Wait, lemme ask oyakhilome
Re: Does God Decide Our Relationships? by Mandyoluchi(m): 10:52pm On Aug 13, 2019
Rossycee:

Sis

Oh sorry sister

1 Like

Re: Does God Decide Our Relationships? by Mandyoluchi(m): 10:54pm On Aug 13, 2019
donbachi:
sure

This one weak me
Re: Does God Decide Our Relationships? by Mandyoluchi(m): 10:55pm On Aug 13, 2019
StrikeBack:
Wait, lemme ask oyakhilome

I'm waiting sir
Re: Does God Decide Our Relationships? by Mandyoluchi(m): 10:58pm On Aug 13, 2019
luvyaself95:
Waiting For a whole one year to get response is she that decent and virgin cos from my view it too long aba if puna has been leftover nko...

I got ur point bro. But that's a gal I had at mind walking down the aisle. All the same one yr seems too long
Re: Does God Decide Our Relationships? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 13, 2019
MJBOLT:
you have been 'godzoned'

Re: Does God Decide Our Relationships? by luvyaself95(m): 8:17am On Aug 14, 2019
Mandyoluchi:

I got ur point bro. But that's a gal I had at mind walking down the aisle. All the same one yr seems too long
I just hope she worth it you sha know naija girls na...

1 Like

Re: Does God Decide Our Relationships? by Bode91: 8:27am On Aug 14, 2019
am coming
Re: Does God Decide Our Relationships? by Mandyoluchi(m): 8:55am On Aug 14, 2019
Bode91:
am coming

Help a brother naa
Re: Does God Decide Our Relationships? by StrikeBack(m): 10:52am On Aug 14, 2019
Mandyoluchi:

I'm waiting sir
please wait oo.. he his typing his robust response
Re: Does God Decide Our Relationships? by DanDeeBoss(m): 11:32am On Aug 14, 2019
Mandyoluchi:

Nothing yer
OK, To fulfill righteousness, I'll advice you call the lady one more time and ask again, whatever answer she gives should give you a clue on what to do next....
Re: Does God Decide Our Relationships? by Mandyoluchi(m): 2:37pm On Aug 14, 2019
StrikeBack:
please wait oo.. he his typing his robust response

Lol. Funny
Re: Does God Decide Our Relationships? by Mandyoluchi(m): 2:37pm On Aug 14, 2019
DanDeeBoss:
OK, To fulfill righteousness, I'll advice you call the lady one more time and ask again, whatever answer she gives should give you a clue on what to do next....

Thank you bro for the advice

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Very Good Perfume Can You Recommend For Him/her. / Check Out These Hot Photos Before You Sleep... / Do Women Really Regret Breakups

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.