Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,566 members, 7,809,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:08 PM

I Will Fight For The Poor – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Fight For The Poor – Buhari (14303 Views)

Obasanjo: I Will Fight For Nigeria’s Unity Till I Die / Dino Melaye: I Will Fight For A Better Society Through My Movie Roles / Buhari Will Fight To Have A Better Senate In 2019 – Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Fight For The Poor – Buhari by odinceblog(m): 7:38pm On Aug 13, 2019
According to media reports, President Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday in Daura, Katsina State, said he will use his second term in office to improve the lives of Nigerians by paying close attention to the poor and those on the lower rungs of society.

Addressing leaders of various communities from five Local Government Areas of Daura Emirate, who paid him a visit as part of Eid El-Kabir celebration, the President said he is convinced that majority of Nigerians understand who he is and his mission, on account of which they returned him for a second term in office with larger margin of votes than 2015.

In a statement by the Senior Special Assistant on Media and publicity, Mallam Garba Shehu, the President said “You know how much I laboured to get here. I ran three times in the past. The fourth time, God used technology to do it for me. The fifth time I ran (February 23, 2019), I went to all the states of the federation. The turnout of crowds was overwhelming.

“Truly, the people know and understand my mission. This is what the votes showed. The administration will dwell on our campaign issues — security, economy and corruption. We will fight for the poor,” the President said.

He emphasized the important place of agriculture under his administration, promising to appoint a minister who is knowledgeable and will know how to promote interest and investment in the sector.

“I will appoint a minister who knows agriculture and its role in providing jobs and growing our economy. You have seen how we broke the fertiliser jinx in the country. We will do more to better the lots of our farmers. Agriculture is our strength,” he added.

President Buhari expressed happiness with the changing attitude of young people to agriculture, with many earning respectable incomes, urging all of those without regular incomes to return to the farm.

In his remarks, Hon. Yusuf Bello Mai’ Aduwa, one the leaders of the delegation, thanked Nigerians for giving the President a second mandate to lead the country for another four years, stressing that he will not let the country down.

Mohammed Saleh, another community leader, said the communities under the Daura Emirate were grateful to the President for signing a bill to establish a Federal Polytechnic in Daura, after they had complained that the area needed a tertiary institution to encourage the youth to pursue higher education.

READ MORE: https://odinceblog.com/i-will-fight-for-the-poor-buhari/

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Fight For The Poor – Buhari by FarahAideed: 7:39pm On Aug 13, 2019
Is that why you are creating more poor people than any other govt ?

161 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Will Fight For The Poor – Buhari by ismail4sure: 7:39pm On Aug 13, 2019
embarassedplease clarify,
poor cow or poor human being,
because we knew how u operate

104 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Will Fight For The Poor – Buhari by porka: 7:40pm On Aug 13, 2019
By making them poorer.

80 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Will Fight For The Poor – Buhari by KidsNEXTdoor: 7:40pm On Aug 13, 2019
sad sad

Dear Dullard President Buhari
They need you to lift them out of poverty because under your watch .. Nigeria is the world's poverty capital..

More people are becoming poorer by the minute
Your harsh economic policies are making sure of that..

Decaying infrastructures with billions budgeted annually with nothing to show for it aside your travels.. Yet you are fighting corruption

Nigeria is now the suicide capital of the world under Buhari....

It's a pity

83 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Will Fight For The Poor – Buhari by christejames(m): 7:41pm On Aug 13, 2019
Like you are fighting for the herdsmen, and making the poor farmers poorer?

I will pass Mr Defender of the poor!

#followNPFL

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Fight For The Poor – Buhari by Optional09: 7:46pm On Aug 13, 2019
I don’t know what to say to him he irritates me

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Fight For The Poor – Buhari by helinues: 7:49pm On Aug 13, 2019
Iffa hear

35 Likes

Re: I Will Fight For The Poor – Buhari by yarimo(m): 7:56pm On Aug 13, 2019
Wallahi president BUHARI means well for Nigerians.

10 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Will Fight For The Poor – Buhari by IamCharles123: 8:03pm On Aug 13, 2019
Wats this guy even doing in this country, just dey waka up n down dey make useless statement.

59 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Fight For The Poor – Buhari by Sonoyom(m): 8:05pm On Aug 13, 2019
i will i will i will i will i will

the only thing he has done is 'willing'

76 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Will Fight For The Poor – Buhari by orisa37: 8:11pm On Aug 13, 2019
Robbing The South to feed The Almajiris in The North eh? Buharinomics!

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Fight For The Poor – Buhari by aolawale025: 8:21pm On Aug 13, 2019
Okay but action speaks louder than voice

1 Like

Re: I Will Fight For The Poor – Buhari by PresidentAtiku(m): 9:06pm On Aug 13, 2019
yarimo:
No let me curse you

66 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Will Fight For The Poor – Buhari by Logobenz0: 11:01pm On Aug 13, 2019
PresidentAtiku:
No let me curse you
the guy na big Mumu I swear grin grin

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Will Fight For The Poor – Buhari by anibi9674: 11:05pm On Aug 13, 2019
Mechonu there. The people you made poor your self.

9 Likes

Re: I Will Fight For The Poor – Buhari by Racoon(m): 11:48pm On Aug 13, 2019
I still maintain that Buhari is always sounding incredibly stupid and irresponsible.

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Fight For The Poor – Buhari by Racoon(m): 11:50pm On Aug 13, 2019
[s]
yarimo:
[/s]And he has made countless Nigerians unemployed and pushed many into abject poverty thereby making Nigeria the poverty capital of the world under this useless government?

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Fight For The Poor – Buhari by Staro: 11:57pm On Aug 13, 2019
Nonsense useless talk
Keep on deceiving your gullible zombie followers.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Fight For The Poor – Buhari by aolawale025: 1:26am On Aug 14, 2019
Am impossible task given the sort of people surrounding him

6 Likes

Re: I Will Fight For The Poor – Buhari by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:49am On Aug 14, 2019
God bless our darling Daddy President Muhammadu Buhari, the president of all wailers along with all their family members both dead and alive.

The man after God's heart.
The man who thieves, criminals and haters hate all their miserable lives.

The man they tried to bury underground and prayed for his death overseas.
But God brought him back looking 100 times fresher, handsome and cute.
Hehehehe cheesy wink cheesy.
Many wailers and those who wish Baba dead will most def go before him.
Many won't even see the end of PMB second tenure, all these is for you only if you wish our darling President to be dead.

We will always love you and pray for you sir as you are doing all you can to take our country to a land flowing with milk and honey.

God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Fight For The Poor – Buhari by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:52am On Aug 14, 2019
Hi wailers......have you wailed today?!

Please, don't forget your daily 50Cl of tears inside the usual pepsi bottle please!!

cheesy wink cheesy grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Fight For The Poor – Buhari by emilas1979(m): 1:54am On Aug 14, 2019
Buhari,
How?

1 Like

Re: I Will Fight For The Poor – Buhari by yarimo(m): 1:58am On Aug 14, 2019
Racoon:
[s][/s]And he has made countless Nigerians unemployed and pushed many into abject poverty thereby making Nigeria the poverty capital of the world under this useless government?
shaatap
Re: I Will Fight For The Poor – Buhari by anonimi: 4:12am On Aug 14, 2019
post=81234443:
God bless our darling Daddy President Muhammadu Buhari, the president of all wailers along with all their family members both dead and alive.

Many won't even see the end of PMB second tenure, all these is for you only if you wish our darling President to be dead.

We will always love you and pray for you sir as you are doing all you can to take our country to a land flowing with milk and honey.

God bless Nigeria.

Did you just receive the alert for your monthly BMC N30,000 salary

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6357739_img20171202120050_jpeg6ecfd3f82fd9c8a51481d8dcf4a16a70

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Fight For The Poor – Buhari by EkperemoEgbabi: 4:12am On Aug 14, 2019
post=81234443:
[s]God bless our darling Daddy President Muhammadu Buhari, the president of all wailers along with all their family members both dead and alive.

God bless Nigeria. [/s]

Thrash

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Fight For The Poor – Buhari by anonimi: 4:18am On Aug 14, 2019
aolawale025:
Am impossible task given the sort of people surrounding him

People like bail-jumping Kalu who is now a senator of the Alliance of Past/Present Crooks, APC

eyeview:
In what appears a brazen mockery of President Muhammadu Buhari’s war on corruption to date, a former governor accused of absconding amidst his ongoing fraud trial has been seen attending a rally of Nigeria’s ruling party.

Orji Kalu joined other politicians of the All Progressives Congress in Umuahia to stomp for the party’s candidates ahead of the general elections next month.

The appearance comes amidst pronouncements by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) that the former governor was wanted after departing Nigeria for Germany on purported health grounds in November 2018.

The N7.7 billion trial had remained stalled ever since, although the court fixed further hearing for later this month.

Mr Kalu left office as governor of Abia State in Nigeria’s South-east in May 2007, and has faced allegations he squandered state resources during his reign.

After several judicial manoeuvres which critics said were designed to frustrate his prosecution, the EFCC ultimately reactivated Mr Kalu’s case last year, filling amended graft charges of up to N7.7 billion against him.

At the resumed hearing at the Lagos Division of the Federal High Court on November 5, 2018, the EFCC expressed shock that Mr Kalu had departed the country despite seizing his travel documents.

The former governor’s lawyers said he travelled to recuperate in Germany following a surgical operation.

The judge scolded Mr Kalu for departing the country without due notice to the court, and gave him seven days to return to the country for his trial.

Although the matter was subsequently adjourned till November 12, 2018, Mr Kalu failed to show up. He has been reportedly sighted at different parts of the country by those who know him.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/305289-wanted-orji-kalu-seen-at-apc-rally-in-umuahia.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkU_VzlfO14&feature=youtu.be

www.nairaland.com/attachments/6401834_1530418713401009260622365534742661551843352o_jpega6f4c0cc80715aee768cc61040a897ed

6 Likes

Re: I Will Fight For The Poor – Buhari by 1shortblackboy: 4:44am On Aug 14, 2019
post=81234443:

God bless Nigeria.
sharrrrap

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Fight For The Poor – Buhari by Elzakzaky: 7:25am On Aug 14, 2019
grin
Re: I Will Fight For The Poor – Buhari by tillaman(m): 7:25am On Aug 14, 2019
Oh!
NIqqa please

4 Likes

Re: I Will Fight For The Poor – Buhari by Nobody: 7:25am On Aug 14, 2019
Like Jesus did

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osinbajo Presides Over The National Research And Innovation Council Meeting / Buhari Receives Briefing From ADHOC Committee Naira Swap, Cashless Policy / x

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.