Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

Gaming Laptop - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Gaming Laptop (872 Views)

Must SEE Before Purchasing A Gaming Laptop / Dell G7 Gaming Laptop For Sale / Gaming PC Or Gaming Laptop Or Console (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gaming Laptop by wizi44(m): 8:12pm On Aug 13, 2019
Please is Hp 15 with an intel pentium quad core processor a good gaming laptop
Re: Gaming Laptop by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 8:45pm On Aug 13, 2019
wizi44:
You see a laptop with "intel pentium" processor and you still ask if it's a gaming laptop undecided

2 Likes

Re: Gaming Laptop by Reeoman: 11:06pm On Aug 13, 2019
wizi44:
It is not good and will never be good.
If you want gaming laptop that can at least play some games without breaking bank you can at least get a 4th-5th generation i3 or 3rd-5th Gen i5.

Find very well you will see a decent 4th Gen i5 for about 60k
Re: Gaming Laptop by ubcandid(m): 9:09am On Aug 14, 2019
Reeoman:

It is not good and will never be good.
If you want gaming laptop that can at least play some games without breaking bank you can at least get a 4th-5th generation i3 or 3rd-5th Gen i5.

Find very well you will see a decent 4th Gen i5 for about 60k

Please can you put me in line on this "Intel core generation"? Does it mean an 8th generation i3 is higher than a 4th generation i5? What's the importance of this generation on pc?
Re: Gaming Laptop by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 9:28am On Aug 14, 2019
ubcandid:

Please can you put me in line on this "Intel core generation"? Does it mean an 8th generation i3 is higher than a 4th generation i5? What's the importance of this generation on pc?
Generation is very important, a newer gen chip is are way better than older ones, the thing is that there is no guarantee that a newer gen say core i5 will be more powerful than a 2 year older gen core i7, the thing is that intel's processor naming methods is SOOOO confusing, many things play out on how powerful a chip would be, the generation, the number of cores, if it is core i3, i5, i7 or i9, if it has a HK, U or Y letter at the end of the chip names, etc...
Those guys are very confusing you just have to use Benchmarks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Gaming Laptop by Reeoman: 9:47am On Aug 14, 2019
ubcandid:

I Will say a 8th Gen i3 is better than the 4th Gen i5, cause an 8th Gen i3 is much more newer than the 4th Gen i5, the new 8th Gen i3 will support much more faster ram like ddr4 or 5 self.
And the 8th Gen does have the thread to support newer games and should perform much more better than the 4th Gen i5

1 Like

Re: Gaming Laptop by Reeoman: 9:52am On Aug 14, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Generation is very important, a newer gen chip is are way better than older ones, the thing is that there is no guarantee that a newer gen say core i5 will be more powerful than a 2 year older gen core i7, the thing is that intel's processor naming methods is SOOOO confusing, many things play out on how powerful a chip would be, the generation, the number of cores, if it is core i3, i5, i7 or i9, if it has a HK, U or Y letter at the end of the chip names, etc...

The " K " chips are usually the fastest, with higher clock speeds than
the standard chips without a letter in Intel's mainstream chips. It also
means the chip is "unlocked," where its clock speeds can be tweaked
— or "overclocked — by a user to squeeze out a little extra
performance than what you get out of the box. Usually, it's mostly
enthusiasts who tend to overclock their chips, and they're mostly
designed for desktops or high-performance laptops.
The " G " means the chip has a built-in graphics processor. Most of
Intel's chips come with basic built-in graphics processors so you can
display something on your monitor without an entirely separate
graphics card. But Intel's "G" processors come with a more powerful
graphics processor for more power-hungry apps and games.
Surprisingly, the graphics processors in Intel's "G" chips come from
the company's main rival, AMD.
The " T" means the chips is designed to use less power while also
having less performance than the standard chips without any letters.
The " U " means the chip is designed for laptops and mobile devices, as
"U" chips are Intel's "ultra-low power" models. They're "low power"
because they use even less power than the "T" models and have
slower clock speeds than their full-size, non "U" equivalents. By having
slower clock speeds, they don't get as hot and have a lower risk of
heat-related damage. That's good for thin laptops that have limited
cooling compared to larger desktops and laptops.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gaming Laptop by ubcandid(m): 10:00am On Aug 14, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Thanks bro.
Re: Gaming Laptop by ubcandid(m): 10:00am On Aug 14, 2019
Reeoman:

I Will say a 8th Gen i3 is better than the 4th Gen i5, cause an 8th Gen i3 is much more newer than the 4th Gen i5, the new 8th Gen i3 will support much more faster ram like ddr4 or 5 self.
And the 8th Gen does have the thread to support newer games and should perform much more better than the 4th Gen i5

Thanks bro.

(1) (Reply)

Best Pokémon Go Cheats And Hacks For Summer 2021 / Mobile Games Generates $49bn In Revenue In 2019 / Hacked PS3 Slim 120GB... SOLD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.