Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

Is She Saying The Truth About Winners Chapel - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is She Saying The Truth About Winners Chapel (4790 Views)

"I Don't Pay Tithes To Winners Chapel Anymore" - Lady; Daddy Freeze Reacts / Pictures Of Winners Chapel International In Maryland, USA / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is She Saying The Truth About Winners Chapel by Easyzazy(m): 3:54am On Aug 14, 2019
IS SHE SAYING THE TRUTH ABOUT WINNERS CHAPEL..
LETS FIND OUT...

Re: Is She Saying The Truth About Winners Chapel by pfadom: 4:19am On Aug 14, 2019
Over to you my peeps. This lady seems to making sense of what she had seen, heard or known of some members of the church.
Re: Is She Saying The Truth About Winners Chapel by Lyon4953: 5:42am On Aug 14, 2019
This type are the ones that go to church and look for fault... Some people see winners as church of fashion I was like them some years back...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is She Saying The Truth About Winners Chapel by Biritiko: 5:44am On Aug 14, 2019
Christians can’t even marry from other churches .
Lmfao

1 Like

Re: Is She Saying The Truth About Winners Chapel by Nobody: 6:26am On Aug 14, 2019
She has made her points straightaway.
She doesn't want a ?Christian that will drag her to Hell, all in the name of MARRIAGE..
RELIGION alters the Intelligent Quotient of Individuals.
If People can only open their eyes to see and understand what Religion is all about and how it came into play

FOR ME:
I am a Christian not because I chose to be.
But because I was born into a Christian family in a Christian dominated Region.
If I was born in Sokoto and brought up by SoKoTo people, I guess I would have gone to MECCA by now..
If I was born in ASIA, I would have ended up a HINDU...
If Given Opportunity, I will Completely BAN RELIGIONS that keep disturbing other Religions.
No RELIGION has Unrestricted access to GOD over the other.
No RELIGION has right to kill for its GOD.
Allow the GODS to do their Killings, after all they are known for their divinity.
RELIGIONS were designed by MEN as away to reverence the creator and for atonement of sins of the land.
GOD does not have a RELIGION...ask me why....?

MY QUESTION:
When the ASIANS die, where do they go to since only 1% of them are Christians or Muslims..??
Where are our FOREFATHERS now, especially those who were fetish in worship, murdered twins and were Polygamous in nature before Christianity came...?

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is She Saying The Truth About Winners Chapel by Nobody: 6:27am On Aug 14, 2019
Bros ure sex chatting with her

And she's still telling u shes a religious fanatic Wtf

2 Likes

Re: Is She Saying The Truth About Winners Chapel by eleojo23: 6:39am On Aug 14, 2019
I am always uncomfortable with anyone who describes him/herself as a religious fanatic.

While she stated her reasons, she sounds to me like someone who is not open minded to consider things beyond her preconceived notions.
From the way she said it, it's pretty obvious that she has not been to any winners church but rather judges them from afar based on the few persons she has seen going to the church. It is true that there are people who are not well dressed in the church but it is not true that salvation message isn't being preached there.
Has it occurred to her that the so-called 'holy churches' have some of the worst people when it comes to lifestyle? It's not only about dressing decently to church and preaching/listening to salvation messages. It's more about the way your heart is with God. I have seen people who go to churches that preach salvation and they harbor malice and bitterness towards their fellow human beings. In fact, a lot of them are very difficult to live with.

She needs to be more open minded because in the sight of God, she may not be better than the people she condemns.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is She Saying The Truth About Winners Chapel by Sunnymatey(m): 6:40am On Aug 14, 2019
She's saying the plain truth aside describing herself as a fanatic.

Im a full member of winners chapel. The emphasies on materialism over spirituality is just alarming especially in large congregations.
What helps my christian journey are my early years in Deeper life where l was baptized.

Some guys and babes can even attend services with their sin partners without an oita of guilt cus what you often hear centers on prosperity.

This isnt implying those in other places of worship are automatically saints

For me, l live Deeper life and practice Winners cus applying their teachings to your daily hustle will help u succeed.

Though l love winners. But their teachings need be balance so we dont gain the whole world and loose our soul in hell.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is She Saying The Truth About Winners Chapel by RoyalBlu(f): 6:51am On Aug 14, 2019
The church is a hospital for sinners, not a museum for saints." - Abigail Van Buren.

Be it Winners, RCCG, BLW, Anglican, Catholic...

I'm a Winners member, and I make bold to say it is always made very clear that the Salvation of your soul is key in all ramifications.

If her problem is the way some people dress to church, then she's not close enough to understand most of them are new converts and with the continuous hearing of the word of God, they change their mode of dressing.

Immorality is strongly kicked against in LFC.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is She Saying The Truth About Winners Chapel by femidejulius(m): 7:25am On Aug 14, 2019
The way this girl carry church for head ehn!
There are well over a thousand religious groups on earth. Some people somewhere have never seen a Christian in their lives. So what happens to those people when they die?

What about people in the other thousand religions spread all over the world?

Church is no reason not to marry someone that is perfect for you. More than half of pastors themselves even need salvation,not to talk about members.

I have stopped attending church services and I think I am more Christian than majority of regular attendees.

1 Like

Re: Is She Saying The Truth About Winners Chapel by SouLPoison(m): 7:34am On Aug 14, 2019
Go church and face your God leave other worshipers alone. Oversabinus,
Re: Is She Saying The Truth About Winners Chapel by Sunnymatey(m): 7:40am On Aug 14, 2019
That's a red flag for the guy, he should jst pass.
The lady believes in what she believes, we cant do much about it.
But fanatism, it's a no bcus l as a person accomodate even non christians cus convinction comes before believe.
And we dont condemn but preach the gospel of christ.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is She Saying The Truth About Winners Chapel by CodeTemplar: 8:01am On Aug 14, 2019
Sunnymatey:

Im a full member of winners chapel. The emphasies on materialism over spirituality is just alarming especially in large congregations.
What helps my christian journey are my early years in Deeper life where l was baptized.

Some guys and babes can even attend services with their sin partners without an oita of guilt cus what you often hear centers on prosperity.

For me, l live Deeper life and practice Winners cus applying their teachings to your daily hustle will help u succeed.

Though l love winners. But their teachings need be balance so we dont gain the whole world and loose our soul in hell.

I am not surprised at such demonic attack coming in our first financial themed month in three years.
Winners I attend and monitor at state level and HQ level doesn't preach financial prosperity the way you guys like to paint it bad in here.

There is health prosperity, soul prosperity and spiritual among others, Last month was centred around prosperity of soul and spirit or growth in redemption for example.
The previous month was wisdom and the one before was Divine direction and it goes as far back as three years before you can see a financial themed month and even at that it isn't wholly about prosperity so I wonder why people come online to make it sound like they preach finance every day or week or even month or even year.

You guys are just taking advantage of the financial theme of the month to launch a new onslaught on the Winners Chapel family again.

2 Likes

Re: Is She Saying The Truth About Winners Chapel by CodeTemplar: 8:25am On Aug 14, 2019
I like Winners dressing arrangement far more than deeper life or MFM. Winners preach the word and allow you express yourself then gauge how much Christ has formed in you. That to me is better than deeper life of MFM where you are made to comply without accepting their values willingly. What happens with most folks like that is that they carry their bad part out intact.

There is a man I know who belongs to one of those well dressing churches, he even evangelizes with a car and a loud speaker attached to it. One thing he also retains is his association with some deadly idol worshippers. They call themselves an eye-for-eye group but are in all standard a deadly local cult group. Any small dispute this deeper life man has like this he runs to his group for settlement because they will always settle things in his favour.
This is a well dressed evangelist o. I know am well a and even had a brush with him some months back.

Now which is better for such man, to force him to dress like decently and deceive people or let Christ form in him and his dressing tell part of the gradual transformation?

2 Likes

Re: Is She Saying The Truth About Winners Chapel by Buke26: 9:50am On Aug 14, 2019
What they do in some of those churches is MOTIVATIONAL SPEECH....You come back from church highly motivated with little or no spirituality. You hardly hear stuffs like Love of Neighbor, Grace, Forgiveness, Peace, Sin/Righteousness, Evil etc. Not to mention the show offs. I can attend weekdays activities but my Sundays hmm I bath and Attend my *ST DOMINIC CATHOLIC CHURCH*, I wont trade that for all the diamonds in the world

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is She Saying The Truth About Winners Chapel by CodeTemplar: 10:15am On Aug 14, 2019
Buke26:
[s]What they do in some of those churches is MOTIVATIONAL SPEECH....You come back from church highly motivated with little or no spirituality. You hardly hear stuffs like Love of Neighbor, Grace, Forgiveness, Peace, Sin/Righteousness, Evil etc. Not to mention the show offs. I can attend weekdays activities but my Sundays hmm I bath and Attend my *ST DOMINIC CATHOLIC CHURCH*, I wont trade that for all the diamonds in the world[/s]
Come again.
Re: Is She Saying The Truth About Winners Chapel by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 10:23am On Aug 14, 2019
miracood:
Bros ure sex chatting with her

And she's still telling u shes a religious fanatic Wtf
So because she is religious she should not talk about sex undecided
Re: Is She Saying The Truth About Winners Chapel by rex444(m): 10:30am On Aug 14, 2019
Religion!!!!! Hmmmmmm this is as a native black man (nbm) na this thing dem use dey confuse us ......your religion is in your own heart ..... whatever your conscience proves right do it ...if wrong don't do it ...simple
Re: Is She Saying The Truth About Winners Chapel by naijacentric(m): 11:44am On Aug 14, 2019
Higher ed come and defend ur church o grin
Re: Is She Saying The Truth About Winners Chapel by LordReed(m): 12:13pm On Aug 14, 2019
I don't know which branch of Winners she's referring to but in all the ones I have been, the people dress moderately and decently. Of course you get the occasional over or under dresser but thats an exception not the rule.

As for the hell, heaven and rapture part though she is correct. I haven't heard a message on rapture, heaven or hell for a long while in the Winners I attend. If I remember correctly its been years even.

1 Like

Re: Is She Saying The Truth About Winners Chapel by Daviddson(m): 12:16pm On Aug 14, 2019
I have a lot of reservations about Living Faith church too. I was telling somebody this just few days back. It's an anomaly to turn church into a motivational center.
Re: Is She Saying The Truth About Winners Chapel by ruggedtimi(m): 12:52pm On Aug 14, 2019
EVILFOREST:
She doesn't want a ?Christian that will drag her to Hell, all in the name of MARRIAGE..
If People can only open their eyes to see and understand what Religion is all about and how it came into play

FOR ME:
If I was born in Sokoto and brought up by SoKoTo people, I guess I would have gone to MECCA by now..
If Given Opportunity, I will Completely BAN RELIGIONS that keep disturbing other Religions.
Allow the GODS to do their Killings, after all they are known for their divinity.
RELIGIONS were designed by MEN as away to reverence the creator and for atonement of sins of the land.

MY QUESTION:
When the ASIANS die, where do they go to since only 1% of them are Christians or Muslims..??
Where are our FOREFATHERS now, especially those who were fetish in worship, murdered twins and were Polygamous in nature before Christianity came...?

Nice one

1 Like

Re: Is She Saying The Truth About Winners Chapel by judedwriter(m): 1:00pm On Aug 14, 2019
Sunnymatey:

I can't both agree with you...the over-emphasis on prosperity has almost drowned true spirituality in winners chapel. They hardly preach on repentance, holiness, rapture, but quote all scriptures on giving, riches and prosperity.

2 Likes

Re: Is She Saying The Truth About Winners Chapel by Righteousness89(m): 4:03pm On Aug 14, 2019
Emphasis should not be about the Name of a Church..

Emphasis should be that the Church in Nigeria and all over the World Should Preach and Teach the Raw World of GOD.

Matthew 6:33 is the Standard..
Not the Reverse as is being done..

JESUS CHRIST Came to seek and Save the lost.. This should be the Primary call of all Churches..

GOD BLESS HIS CHURCH

1 Like

Re: Is She Saying The Truth About Winners Chapel by DrBrainstorm(m): 6:11pm On Aug 14, 2019
EVILFOREST:

FOR ME:

MY QUESTION:

Re: Is She Saying The Truth About Winners Chapel by Lyon4953: 8:01pm On Aug 14, 2019
All the teaching about soul winning, evangelism...you did not hear about that, is only prosperity you can pick..

[/quote]
Re: Is She Saying The Truth About Winners Chapel by CodeTemplar: 8:25pm On Aug 14, 2019
A quick look at the monthly prophetic theme for the last few months in Winners will reveal they been preaching things like wisdom, redemption, divine direction and so on. the moment haters saw financial themed month in a while they activated the full strength mode.

2 Likes

Re: Is She Saying The Truth About Winners Chapel by Nobody: 8:36pm On Aug 14, 2019
Sunnymatey:

Well I am a member of winners and really some of what you said are true.
but you must understand that Holiness's centers on the individual,
Even the bishop's personality depicts a man focused on Gods heart and not just prosperity,

Prosperity in winners is preached as the by product of seeking God.

It is up to the people to choose either the giver of wealth or wealth itself.myself and many others choose to seek God and see prosperity as covenant right in active service to God.

So please their are still many standing for God in spirit and truth in winners chapel,
And their are many who decide to live foolishly in the name of God sees only the heart and these set of people can be found everywhere.
Re: Is She Saying The Truth About Winners Chapel by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 14, 2019
Sunnymatey:

It's good to see members of Oyedepo's church who would rather not be sentimental about spiritual matters, but speak the truth about the church regardless.

For I can remember the first time I was yet trying to find a church to settle in that would be able to cater for my spiritual needs, which took to the Abuja headquarters at the time. But my experience in the service was so disappointing that I wondered if this was a church or something else. For it was one blessing after the other, and the whole church would say a resounding amen, that after the service I had to ask the person who attended to first timers, why so much blessings?

And she tried to explain to me that it was scriptural but to me that just ruled out the church from my list of churches to choose from, because it wasn't the kind of church that could serve the purpose for which I wanted to become a part of any church which was spiritually inclined.

God bless.
Re: Is She Saying The Truth About Winners Chapel by Orodje(m): 9:01pm On Aug 14, 2019
This OP is not a member of winners, this one na arranging chat just to redicule the church

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is She Saying The Truth About Winners Chapel by Nobody: 9:13pm On Aug 14, 2019
Righteousness89:
Emphasis about the Name of a Church..

Emphasis should be that the Church in Nigeria and all over the World Should Preach and Teach the Raw World of GOD.

Matthew 6:33 is the Standard..
Not the Reverse as is being done..

JESUS CHRIST Came to seek and Save the lost.. This should be the Primary call of all Churches..

GOD BLESS HIS CHURCH
Well said.

Thank you bro.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Christ Embassy Will Hand Out Free Gifts On Independence Day / Very Very Very Dirty Passages From The Biblei / Where Was The Garden Of Eden Located?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.