Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,796,052 members, 6,679,476 topics. Date: Monday, 17 January 2022 at 06:20 PM

Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria (1089462 Views)

Crowdfunding Investment Platforms And Options (non Agritech Categories) / What Is Digital Agriculture Investment All About? / Have You Heard About Social Insurance Investment Platforms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (732) (Reply) (Go Down)

Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by DaBogu: 8:25am On Aug 14, 2019
Agriculture has undergone a series of revolutions that have driven efficiency, yield and profitability to levels previously unattainable. This has included the introduction and implementation of mechanization between 1900 and 1930; the green revolution of the 1960s that saw the development of new, more resistant crop varieties and the use of agro-chemicals; and the rise in genetic modification from 1990 to 2005.

However, the rise of digital agriculture could be the most transformative and disruptive of all of these. Digital agriculture will not only change how farmers farm but will fundamentally transform every part of the agri-business value chain.

A lot of people have been asking for some time what Digital Farm are all about and where they could buy and invest in it

This thread is dedicated for all issues related to Digital Agric Fam, their going rates, when Auctions are due and why they should be bought,

I am not a Finance person, am just an Investor, so I might not be the best person to answer questions on this as they come, But am sure we have a lot of financial gurus with CFAs in this Forum and all our questions would be answered,

Lets discuss.

Modified
With the new input of information here, I believe all here sponsoring new farms to be added to the list should kindly add pictures as proofs backing their proposal.

MummyIMadeIt
NOTE * stands for new/latest changes

Updated List of agrictech used by Nairalander and their ratings.

List of those doing well without issues for the now includes, but not limited to the following below:

1. Agro partnerships
2. Agrorite
3. Agrilet
4. Bazuze
5. Crowdyvest
6. Ezfarming
7. Farmcenta
8. Farmfunded
9. Farmsponsor
10.Farm360
11.Letsfarm
12.Westagro
13. Farmbuddy
14. *Payfarmer*

List of New performing farms under Observation for now includes:

1. Groupfarma
2. ZoinVestng
3. Goldvest
4. Foxygreen
5. Kenfarms & Agrovet
6. GreenEaglesBuisness
7. Shopagric
8. Farmnow
9. Farm4me
10. Farmkonnect
11. RequidJV
12 Abadini
13. Green fold
14. Farmtrove
15. ClickfarmsNg
16. DivaRice
17. Eatrich

List of those with issues for now includes:

1. Thriveagric (delayed payment+ROI for months)
2. Farmfundsafrica (defaulted in paying referrals)
3. Goatmeathq (defaulted in paying referrals)
4. Emeraldfarms (defaulted in paying referrals)
5. Agrecourse (delayed payment+ROI for weeks)x2
6. Farmkart (delayed payment+ROI for months)
7. Iscom farms (deferred payments by months)
8. HOCorn (extended farming cycle)
9. Agropark (deferred payments for months)

List of those under critical watchlist includes:

1. Winichfarms (Suspected scam)
2. Efarms (Suspected scam)
3. Menorahfarms (Suspected scam)
4. Diaryfarms (suspected scam)
5. Tusherfarms (suspected scam)
6. Farminvest (suspected scam)
7. AgriBuisnessCapital (suspected scam tech by Menorah Farms)
8 Housefood.Africa ( suspected scam tech by MadakiAgro)

List of those declared serial defaulters aka MMM Ponzi scheme:

1. Growcrops online (serial defaulters)
2. Grandeur solicitors (serial defaulters)
3. Abiyamofarm (serial defaulters)
4. MadakiAgro (serial defaulters)

Cavet Emptor:

This is solely based on recent performances as attested to by Nairalanders and by no means a go ahead order/permit to invest with any of the above agrictech firms, hence further investigation should be carried out by the investor until convinced otherwise.

Yours humble Investor

Thanks

"Agrictech is a high risk investment and investors may lose all or some of their funds when they participate."
Some may think this sounds harsh, but I don't agree. I think the point is missing that even those performing well today may fail tomorrow. These companies say as much in their terms, that the investment itself is "high-risk" and they are under no obligation to pay investors.
Don't let's ever make the mistake of communicating the feeling that these investments are safe, because honestly they are not. This is made even worse by the fact that investors don't actually own the farms, i.e. they own no assets when they make these investments.

As a result, all cards still lie with the firms themselves. I foresee more people losing money in the future, and that's only going to be with the firms supposedly performing well now, not with the ones that have had issues, cos nobody will invest in those ones anyways. This is just my take. Investors need to be better educated
-binghamm

40 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by temi4fash(m): 11:54am On Aug 14, 2019
Oh this is a great initiative.

God bless you OP

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by EkperemoEgbabi: 12:14pm On Aug 14, 2019
Which one be digital farm?
Na yahoo yahoo una want 2 do here?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by kryptem: 4:01pm On Aug 14, 2019
This is a laudable move and I am greatly following on this.
Certainly, it's another investment avenue to explore but with due diligence on the part of those that chose to trail this part of investment mechanism. Crowd Funding a farm project is a multi-facet benefits to all involved; the tech company, farmers, investors and ultimately, to the nation in terms of food abundance and monetary gains.
Let the discussion roll on, as this is yet a new phase to explore!

12 Likes

Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by handsomebolanle: 4:04pm On Aug 14, 2019
Willie2015:

Naija is a very diffilcult terrain to navigate....
From the collapse of finance coys in the 90s ...
To collapse of banks ...savannah, fortune, etc regulated by the Almighty CBN....
To the collapse of brokerage coys regulated by SEC ...
Investors are always at the losing end of most of these so called right places to invest...
Sincerely.... I cant see why Tbills will be at 11%... FGN Savings Bonds at 11%.... FGN Bond around 12% ....
And digital farmin is the next thing to place my hard earned money.... No CBN.. No SEC, No NDIC.. zero regulatory oversight.
Commercial papers of strong corporate bodies is still a far better option than all these digital farming outfits...
My 2 cents

Willie2015

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by jobark: 6:00pm On Aug 14, 2019
Hello, fantastic thread, il like to make some suggestions/ recommendations

1. the topic of the thread should be better captured eg. "Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria"

2. A list of popular and upcoming platforms and their rates (stated rates and possible conversation to annualised rates for better understanding and appreciation in comparison to treasury bills, mutual funds and bonds).

3. Terms and conditions of these platforms

4. Experience on payments and level of trust on tested platforms.

Here is a brief on my personal experience.

I started with Farmcrowdy 2018 when I came across a video of Vice president Osinbajo commending the efforts of young tech entrepreneurs disrupting the farming space in Nigeria of which farmcrowdy was mentioned.

A quick search on their website showed available farms open for investment at 11% for 6 months (No charges and it represented an annualised rate of 22% in comparison to T.Bills and Mutual funds which were hovering around 13-14%.)

I made successful payments via paystack on various farming cycles and i acknowledge receipt of payment of capital and interest payed into my account on or before the end of the cycles.

subsequent farms opened up later with rates as high as 14% with a fine print charge of 2% as transaction fee (still better than T.Bills etc)

As of today, farmcrowdy is now crowdyvest and the latest offer of 14% for 6 months (28% annual returns) does not show or include the 2% charge.

I have also invested in;

1. farmsponsor.com.ng rates are 15% on average of 4 months (45% per annum) focused on chicken cycles

2. agrecourse.com rates are 20% in 6 months (40% per annum) (please note this was based on their 2019 performance only)

3. Farmcenta.com rates are 40% in 1 year or 15% in 6months mainly focused on dairy and cows

Please note that the above companies have not paid me to advertise and these are my personal views, experience and decisions. I decide on my own risks and i am fully liable to bear what may come of it.

PS: I run a very diversified portfolio and i still do T.bills et all. ( stopped tbills and moved to the most popular fintech in Nigeria that gives about 13% per annum upfront)

68 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by Fish4wealth: 6:23pm On Aug 14, 2019
Well suggested.
There are few online platforms that are currently exploring agric investment leveraging on technology.
It's really a welcome idea as investment in the financial markets have really not been attractive.

However, for such to compete favorably well, their must be better offer in ROI compared wt existing offers from government bonds, banks and companies shares.

Most important of all, is the guarantee that must secure the confidence of prospective investors.

#SupportAgricInvestment

www.facebook.com/agrowealthcoop.com

jobark:

1. the topic of the thread should be better captured eg. "Digital Agriculture Investments in Nigeria"

2. A list of popular and upcoming platforms and their rates (stated rates and possible conversation to annualised rates for better understanding and appreciation in comparison to treasury bills, mutual funds and bonds).

I started with Farmcrowdy 2018 when I came across a video of Vice president Osinbajo commending the efforts of young tech entrepreneurs disrupting the farming space in Nigeria of which farmcrowdy was mentioned.

A quick search on their website showed available farms open for investment at 11% for 6 months (No charges and it represented an annualised rate of 22% in comparison to T.Bills and Mutual funds which were hovering around 13-14%.)

I made successful payments via paystack on various farming cycles and i acknowledge receipt of payment of capital and interest payed into my account.

subsequent farms opened up later with rates as high as 14% with a fine print charge of 2% as transaction fee (still better than T.Bills etc)

As of today, farmcrowdy is now crowdyvest and the latest offer of 14% for 6 months (28% annual returns) does not show or include the 2% charge.

5 Likes

Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by Acidosis(m): 8:35am On Aug 15, 2019
This is a good initiative, boss. As much as I haven't had many experiences, I particularly love the recent shift in the Nigerian tech space. I hope the initiators will continue to stay true to their words. I would also love to know and learn more about their insurance policies

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by Pascopele: 9:24am On Aug 15, 2019
Your capital is not preserved in case of any negative outcome ...
There is no regulatory oversight with Farmcrowdy and Thrive Agric etc ....
Even for Banks, NDIC is only required to pay N500,000.00 and N200,000.00 in the event of failure of Banks and MFI etc....
Lets be guided accordingly.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by EkperemoEgbabi: 9:47am On Aug 15, 2019
Pascopele:
Even for Banks, NDIC is only required to pay N500,000.00 and N200,000.00 in the event of failure of Banks and MFI etc....

Sharap. This no be ashewo or pimping thread. Go join your people for sexuality thread. This thread dey too advanced for ya brain

10 Likes

Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by jobark: 10:32am On Aug 15, 2019
Pascopele:

As with every business, there's always a possibility to make profit or loss. If you really are not ready to take a risk, you're not ready for business.

Does the Woman in the market or local farmer need regulatory oversight to function and do business ?

In as much as some platforms offer unrealistic returns or promise fantastic interest, we should all do our due diligence and choose the right platform we are comfortable with and invest.

If i may add, the Insurance cover is not on your contributed capital but on the farm on most platforms. If something goes wrong, the farmer is able to get a compensation and still deliver upon the agreement.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by Pascopele: 11:27am On Aug 15, 2019
Your obviously are out of your mind.
EkperemoEgbabi:

Sharap. This no be ashewo or pimping thread. Go join your people for sexuality thread. This thread dey too advanced for ya brain

16 Likes

Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by EkperemoEgbabi: 11:37am On Aug 15, 2019
Pascopele:
Your obviously are out of your mind.

Get out here, pi*mp. Sex agent
Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by Nobody: 5:19pm On Aug 15, 2019
To the gurus..... please try update us in aspect of subscription, when it will take place

3 Likes

Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by handsomebolanle: 5:29pm On Aug 15, 2019
I should invest some token on Agrecourse before the week ends ...because I see no such thing as commission charges. And a fairly good percentage...
This is by no means for any advert... Infact, only invest what you can afford to loose grin grin
I can't afford to loose my money .... But it's simply a number. And Many times we join the train when it has past moved because of our fears in "RISK"..
Till March to know the outcome...

2 Likes

Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by alezzy13: 6:57pm On Aug 15, 2019
Heard about it the first time in the TB thread and I must say it looks impressive.

#following cheesy

1 Like

Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by temi4fash(m): 9:57am On Aug 16, 2019
handsomebolanle:
I should invest some token on Agrecourse before the week ends ...because I see no such thing as commission charges. And a fairly good percentage...
This is by no means for any advert... Infact, only invest what you can afford to loose grin grin
I can't afford to loose my money .... But it's simply a number. And Many times we join the train when it has past moved because of our fears in "RISK"..

Am actually thinking of investing in Agrecourse too.

They have a Fish Farm Opened now.

Let see how it goes in March.

The timing looks far though and sometimes not having immediate control of your fund could be scary.

But all is well

No pain no gain

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by SirLaw12: 2:55pm On Aug 16, 2019
My investment with EZ-farming and I hope I'll get my return and capital

1 Like

Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by Fish4wealth: 3:37pm On Aug 16, 2019
Interested in fish farming investment, AgroHubCoop is a guaranteed organisation to try out.

Our fish farm investment runs for five months.
We have two categories:
1. Non members...here you have direct investment and fixed return on your capital....
2. Members....here, their investment is through shares while returns is on net profit.

For more enquiry, you can visit us or send us a message here.
Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by healthserve(m): 4:26pm On Aug 16, 2019
jobark:

As with every business, there's always a possibility to make profit or loss. If you really are not ready to take a risk, you're not ready for business.

Does the Woman in the market or local farmer need regulatory oversight to function and do business ?

In as much as some platforms offer unrealistic returns or promise fantastic interest, we should all do our due diligence and choose the right platform we are comfortable with and invest.

If i may add, the Insurance cover is not on your contributed capital but on the farm on most platforms. If something goes wrong, the farmer is able to get a compensation and still deliver upon the agreement.

Sir, more oil on your head. Brilliant insight, couldn't have been said better

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by Just2endowed2(m): 11:04am On Aug 18, 2019
Pls what's the minimum investment
Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by alezzy13: 6:07pm On Aug 18, 2019
handsomebolanle:

I looked at their profile and it looks promising. Have you tried them before?
Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by alezzy13: 6:13pm On Aug 18, 2019
jobark:

1. the topic of the thread should be better captured eg. "Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria"

I made successful payments via paystack on various farming cycles and i acknowledge receipt of payment of capital and interest payed into my account on or before the end of the cycles.

I have also invested in;

1. farmsponsor.com.ng rates are 15% on average of 4 months (45% per annum) focused on chicken cycles

2. agrecourse.com rates are 20% in 6 months (40% per annum)

Please note that the above companies have not paid me to advertise and these are my personal views, experience and decisions. I decide on my own risks and i am fully liable to bear what may come of it.

PS: I run a very diversified portfolio and i still do T.bills et all.

Do you know of any other? I looked up the farmcrowdy and agrecourse and it seems they're completely subscribed.

3 Likes

Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by Jobac: 8:01pm On Aug 18, 2019
Interesting!
Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by Pascopele: 8:36am On Aug 19, 2019
GFOH angry
Fish4wealth:
Interested in fish farming investment, AgroHubCoop is a guaranteed organisation to try out.

Our fish farm investment runs for five months.
We have two categories:
1. Non members...here you have direct investment and fixed return on your capital....
2. Members....here, their investment is through shares while returns is on net profit.

For more enquiry, you can visit us or send us a message here.

1 Like

Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by EkperemoEgbabi: 8:38am On Aug 19, 2019
Pascopele:
GFOH angry

DIGITAL ASHEWO INVESTMENT OPTIONS

cool

Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by temi4fash(m): 8:58am On Aug 19, 2019
alezzy13:

Do you know of any other? I looked up the farmcrowdy and agrecourse and it seems they're completely subscribed.

Thrive Agric,

Agrorite

1 Like

Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by DaBogu: 9:15am On Aug 19, 2019
wink
temi4fash:

Thrive Agric,

Agrorite
Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by jobark: 1:47pm On Aug 19, 2019
alezzy13:

Good day, Agrecourse has a fish farm open, the cycle starts from September 2019 and ends March 2020 with a return of 20%. (Link to their website if you are not registered yet - www.agrecourse.com/reg_link.php?id=agre_ref198-890697987-/auth

2 Likes

Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by jobark: 2:00pm On Aug 19, 2019
farms cycles currently open as at today

1. Agrecourse fish farm at 20% duration: 6 months (Sept 2019 - March 2020) minimum investment N25,000 www.agrecourse.com/reg_link.php?id=agre_ref198-890697987-/auth

2. Farmkartng at 30% duration: 12months (August 2019 - August 2020) minimum investment N100,000 www.farmkart.ng/investment/fish-farm-aug-2019/

3. www.farmagric.com/

4. thriveagric soy beans and maize farms at 20% duration: 9 months minimum investment: N47,600

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by Pascopele: 2:11pm On Aug 20, 2019
Them swear 4you.
EkperemoEgbabi:

DIGITAL ASHEWO INVESTMENT OPTIONS

cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (732) (Reply)

Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: edimamatthew, Unstoppable100(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 193
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.