Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,889,833 members, 6,949,104 topics. Date: Tuesday, 05 July 2022 at 11:54 PM

Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria - Investment (711) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria (1187368 Views)

Investing In Digital Currencies. Learn And Earn From The Best Options In 2022. / Crowdfunding Investment Platforms And Options (non Agritech Categories) / What Is Digital Agriculture Investment All About? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) ... (743) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by Jdgbajumo: 12:40am On Oct 11, 2021
The second one is due already but I have not been told when I will be paid.

MummyIMadeIt:

Good to know, When are you due for the second one?
Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by Oyindamolah: 11:25am On Oct 11, 2021
Amhappy:

I think they closed the group on telegram because I can't find them
I dont think so, it's a private group and so you need to get the link to enter.
Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by HRproxy: 7:05pm On Oct 11, 2021
08dominic:

Please make effort to add to https://market.requid.com

List of those under critical watchlist includes:

please is there a recovery group for requid?
Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by Blizzle(m): 7:56pm On Oct 11, 2021
Yet to be paid by Fam4me. It's been a week now and their representative just keeps posting me

MummyIMadeIt:
Attention Needed!!

All farm4me,ViableX and Ceepass who hasn't gotten their payouts should please signify..

Cc. Jdgbajumo Blizzle please do respond urgently, as this helps to clear the air.

Thanks!
Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by Blizzle(m): 8:02pm On Oct 11, 2021
I was told the same thing too when I contacted them about not being able to withdraw from wallet to Bank account (I have tried severally). I've been messaging them on WhatsApp but they just keep promising.

digitalinvestor:
My ROI was also due yesterday, didn't get paid because they said they were paying manually, surprisingly this morning my wallet got credited, and have been able to withdraw successfully to my bank.

You may want to try withdrawal to the bank again and see if it will be successful.

Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by Skidee: 8:23pm On Oct 11, 2021
Please any good news from Foxy Green? When did they dey say they will pay out.

2 Likes

Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by shoboy9: 8:37pm On Oct 11, 2021
MummyIMadeIt:

Its under the tag "suspected scam". If you have further information on this please share.

Ok thanks. They are not making attempt to pay, whether ROI or capital.
Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by 08dominic: 9:13pm On Oct 11, 2021
none that I know of.

HRproxy:

please is there a recovery group for requid?
Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by digitalinvestor(m): 9:41pm On Oct 11, 2021
I'm surprised that you've not been paid. Mine was due on the 5th of October but got paid on the 6th after the initial notification of them paying manually through their UBA alc, because of the technical challenges currently being experience, but my wallet was credited on the 6th after a complain to the CC representative, and my withdrawal to bank was successful. My ROI was 250k mind sharing what you're expecting?

Blizzle:
I was told the same thing too when I contacted them about not being able to withdraw from wallet to Bank account (I have tried severally). I've been messaging them on WhatsApp but they just keep promising.

Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by Myahuza: 7:46am On Oct 12, 2021
This country is turning into a hub for scammers, fraud, armed robbers, political thievery and terrorists. If you are not among this people then their is no how you will lose money to them and the authorities to do anything about it

3 Likes

Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by Msadesina: 1:45pm On Oct 12, 2021
Ah you didn't get a mail from Titan that investors due in September should restructure for 6months to a year? Even discussed at the AGM they held in September.

I also have over 1M due in September. Na the restructuring matter we still dey now.

possibility01:
Please how have you been communicating with Titam farms?

My money has been due since September 30th and they have disabled withdrawal on my profile.

Customer care is not answering phone calls and I need my money.

They keep deleting my comments on their IG post.

I sent a request to you to mail you directly, kindly respond.

Lord have mercy!

Titan Farm is looking more like a fraudulent scheme now o
Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by MummyIMadeIt: 2:46pm On Oct 12, 2021
Blizzle:

Please try and call them if possible. Reach out to them and tell us the outcome, as that will determine their status on the updated list, as i thought you had been paid.

Thanks
Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by openspaces: 3:13pm On Oct 12, 2021
I am having problems withdrawing from ViableX...
Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by EkunokoRafa: 3:51pm On Oct 12, 2021
dubaby:
Please does anyone have the phone number of Payfarmer. They have refused to pay my money. whenever I call their landline, it rings but they don't pick. I need to recover my money. I will also appreciate any other means of reaching them. Thanks.
Same here. Go to their farm..
Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by Freethinker87: 3:51pm On Oct 12, 2021
Myahuza:
This country is turning into a hub for scammers, fraud, armed robbers, political thievery and terrorists. If you are not among this people then their is no how you will lose money to them and the authorities to do anything about it

That's not true. On the contrary, it is the propensity of Nigerians to 'leave am for God' that's making these scammers brazen.

Leave the internet and go into the real world and pursue these guys. They're very easy to catch if you ask me. The ones we got recently are very humble now.

3 Likes

Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by semmyk(m): 7:15pm On Oct 12, 2021
The imbeciles riftrafts are masquerading behind agritech to siphon funds away in #getrichquick, without shame. Awọn ọmọ o rọla ri.
Others are leveraging on #agritech to purportedly build #legacy.

"If we had raised money in the first year or two we would have likely misallocated the funds and wouldn’t be a company today. We have a much better understanding of the business now - Affiong Williams, founder/CEO Reelfruit."

Nigerian dried fruit snacks producer ReelFruit recently raised $3 million in series A funding from investors Alitheia IDF, Samata Capital and Flying Doctor Healthcare Investment Company. The capital will go towards building new processing facilities in Ogun State and expanding sales into the US and other international markets.

In an interview with James Torvaney, the company’s founder, Affiong Williams, reflected on her fundraising experience.

1. Fundraising takes time and persistence
When I look at other founders that have successfully raised, one common thread is persistence. Most of those who have raised successfully have a minimum five years’ track record in their line of business.

When you look at the agribusiness start-up space in Africa, there is not a huge amount of capital available. Ideas are not enough to raise money on, particularly when you are raising money towards physical assets.

I started ReelFruit nine years ago and worked towards this funding round for the past five years. At times, I was spending three to four full days a week focused on fundraising for months at a time, supported by a full-time team. Just building the data room (all of the necessary financial, operational, and other data investors need for their due diligence) took months of work. This all has to be balanced with keeping the day-to-day operations going. I’ve seen a number of entrepreneurs having to retreat from fundraising because they are spending too much time away from running the business.

That said, I am glad we fundraised when we did. If we had raised money in the first year or two we would have likely misallocated the funds and wouldn’t be a company today. We have a much better understanding of the business now.

ReelFruit produces a variety of dried fruit snacks.

2. Establish traction and prove you have a viable model:
Investors looking at pure tech plays often focus heavily on the individual founders of the business. If the model does not work but the founders are good, they can always pivot into something else.

Agribusinesses, on the other hand, are heavily invested in physical assets like factories and machinery. It’s much harder to pivot because you can’t just uproot a factory or repurpose your processing equipment. So even though you have assets, some investors are more wary because they see them as potential liabilities should things go wrong.

So there is a bigger burden of proof. You need to show investors that there is a proven market for your product and that you understand that market. We were losing a lot of sales because we could not process quickly enough. We had to keep track of all the unfulfilled orders to prove to our investors that the demand was there.

Tomato Jos is another business that comes to mind. They had to spend more than five years proving they could farm tomatoes at scale, proving the model works, before they raised significant funding.

3. Focus on milestone based fundraising while you are validating the business model:
Previously, we focused on raising smaller amounts (less than $100,000 at a time) for specific purposes – for example, to build a new factory or launch a new product.

This allowed us to raise more quickly, as funding was tied to a particular metric, such as production volume or growth in a particular market. It also helped us focus on specific goals in the short and mid-term, as opposed to spreading ourselves too thinly.

Now that we have proved ourselves and have demonstrable results, we can raise ‘big idea’ funding for more general growth. The danger in raising big amounts too early is that it creates an expectation that you scale whatever you have in place already. Companies can get pressured into doubling down on an idea that hasn’t been validated and, if that doesn’t work, investors can lose faith in your decision making and push for more say in the management of the company.

4. Find investors that fit your business’s personality:
A lot of companies spend a lot of time speaking with investors that are too generalist. This can waste a lot of time, and draw you away from more relevant investors.

Realistically, especially when you are working in an area such as agribusiness, there are only a limited number of investors with the appetite and expertise to invest in your business.

At a certain point, we stopped speaking to investors that were not zeroed in on what we were doing, and focused on the few investors for whom we fit the criteria the most strongly. After this we made much more progress.

Another point is that these relationships take time to build. Most of the investors who have invested in ReelFruit now are people we have been talking to for a number of years.

5. Understand what specific investors are looking for:
Different investors are looking for different things. You need to understand exactly what each investor needs to see, and focus on that. Are they looking to double year-on-year growth? Do they want to diversify the customer base? Do they want to export to a new market? Businesses that are trying to do everything at once don’t end up demonstrating anything, just fragmentation.

Because the agribusiness sector is more asset-driven, our investors tend to be more focused on business fundamentals, and have more of a longer-term outlook. In our case, investors were looking at our traction so far, and the growth potential of the market. We had to show not only that we could grow within what we were already doing (branded retail) but that we understood different customer segments and could become a big manufacturer, with B2B and export customers. We had to demonstrate that unit economics will work – that unit costs would fall when we scaled production – and that we had mapped all the places throughout the country where we could source the raw materials, to show that we could keep production running consistently even if specific areas had shortfalls in supply.

On the other hand, different sectors have different drivers. For example, technology investors might be much more concerned about international competition than we are, because it is a lot easier for technology to cross borders. It’s important that you have a really good grasp on the key factors that matter to your investors.

1 Like

Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by Myahuza: 9:10pm On Oct 12, 2021
Freethinker87:

That's not true. On the contrary, it is the propensity of a Nigerians to 'leave am for God' that's making these scammers brazen.

Leave the internet and go into the real world and pursue these guys. They're very easy to catch if you ask me.The ones we got recently are very humble now.

Like who exactly because if I look at the list every single farm that defaulted is either postponed till when you are old such as farmfunds or infinity such as Ho corn or even worse story
Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by Blizzle(m): 3:24pm On Oct 13, 2021
My ROI is well over 1m. Still expecting.

digitalinvestor:
I'm surprised that you've not been paid. Mine was due on the 5th of October but got paid on the 6th after the initial notification of them paying manually through their UBA alc, because of the technical challenges currently being experience, but my wallet was credited on the 6th after a complain to the CC representative, and my withdrawal to bank was successful. My ROI was 250k mind sharing what you're expecting?

Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by omoakin07: 6:32pm On Oct 13, 2021
Is this resolved now?
Hommolarah:
Thank you guys for keeping up.

I should have called out Titan Farms before now, but i thought the firm could be trusted. I had series of communications with them and agreements reached at two different times with promise to pay me in three installments. He honored the first which was after my first post but failed to honor others. It is also shocking that Mr. Gbenga Eyiolawi(CEO, Titan Farms) issued two dud cheques within the period. This is criminal, and i have decided to involve the EFCC in the matter if he fails to pay within 48hrs.
Please, find attached evidences of our communication.

While Titan Farms should be added to the list of defaulters, i will advise everyone never to deal with Titan Farms or its CEO following these evidences.

NB: This is not a post to soil anyone's reputation, I'm only interested in getting my money, and sensitizing everyone about the risk that abounds in dealing with such a fraudulent organisation.

Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by Nezzjnr: 7:37pm On Oct 13, 2021
semmyk:
The imbeciles riftrafts are masquerading behind agritech to siphon funds away in #getrichquick, without shame. Awọn ọmọ o rọla ri.
Others are leveraging on #agritech to purportedly build #legacy.

"If we had raised money in the first year or two we would have likely misallocated the funds and wouldn’t be a company today. We have a much better understanding of the business now - Affiong Williams, founder/CEO Reelfruit."

Wow

Nigerians never learn sha
Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by NgHotGirls: 8:32pm On Oct 13, 2021
Qafs:
Saw tvc news discussing eatrich blaming celebrities for luring investors

Same tvc never discussed fact that they lured investors to the scam Greeneagles and Sgl farms
Lol! Foolish people
Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by Jdgbajumo: 8:54pm On Oct 13, 2021
ViableX still haven't paid me for my second investment that matured on the 2nd of October. The person I referred too has not been paid. The latest that is happening now is that they said they've done a partial upgrade of their online platform. I was told you can start withdrawing from your wallet. When you withdraw from the wallet, it says payment is successful but it doesn't get into your bank account. When I contacted them, I was told it will still be processed through manual payment into one's account even after initiating withdrawal from your wallet to your account.
@MummyIMadeIt I will keep you updated as it goes as I think you might need to move them to the other list.

Blizzle:
My ROI is well over 1m. Still expecting.

1 Like

Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by michael18(m): 9:19pm On Oct 13, 2021
LATEST NEWS ON AGROPARTNERSHIP

We are pleased to inform you that we have completed the acquisition of CBO Investment Management Limited, a fund and portfolio management company licenced by the Securities Exchange Commission (SEC).

This is a major milestone in Agropartnerships’ commitment to consistently ensure market access for over 112,000 smallholder farmers within the agriculture value chain.

1 Like

Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by Jdgbajumo: 10:29pm On Oct 13, 2021
ViableX still haven't paid me for my second investment that matured on the 2nd of October. The person I referred too has not been paid. The latest that is happening now is that they said they've done a partial upgrade of their online platform. I was told you can start withdrawing from your wallet. When you withdraw from the wallet, it says payment is successful but it doesn't get into your bank account. When I contacted them, I was told it will still be processed through manual payment into one's account even after initiating withdrawal from your wallet to your account.
@MummyIMadeIt I will keep you updated as it goes as I think you might need to move them to the other list.
Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by MummyIMadeIt: 11:43pm On Oct 13, 2021
Jdgbajumo:

If after a week from today, you don't credited i will move them away from the spot they are.

Thanks for the feedback.
Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by FreshestManny(m): 1:45am On Oct 14, 2021
Goldmic Ventures Nigeria is another good agritech platform to invest in and gain good ROI. Visit goldmicventures.com/invest for more info.
Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by Gloreg: 3:52am On Oct 14, 2021
Jdgbajumo:

Have you been checking you emails? They usually notify before any event.
Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by Gloreg: 3:53am On Oct 14, 2021
Jdgbajumo:

They explained everything going on and what you should do.
Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by semmyk(m): 7:50am On Oct 14, 2021
Dear OP, a quick read of this platform will indicate to you that 'agrictech' has been soiled. Good faith has been thrown off the window.
To even get the faintest of prospect from #real investors from this platform, which I doubt by the way (till SEC settles and/or 2022), you should have provided insights into your biz.
- structure
- management
- financial governance
- historical impetus
- organic growth
- envisioning
- site location
- SEC position
- ... ...

Oh, by the way, using online stock photo instead of actual operational photo is a red flag turn off (eg mgt investors ...)

(S)he that must come to this thread/platform, must come with a clean hand/heart. #ireeo
FreshestManny:
Goldmic Ventures Nigeria is another good agritech platform to invest in and gain good ROI. Visit goldmicventures.com/invest for more info.
Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by semmyk(m): 7:59am On Oct 14, 2021
That sounds like #Redflag. init?

Gloreg:

They explained everything going on and what you should do.
PS: outlining what should be done, here on this platform is a great service to all. #InvestorCommunityService

PS: I have no investment in ViableX. I avoided them when they were being 'introduced' and analysed on this platform (many pages back last year). My reluctance is not a stamp of #bad or #scam or #fraud. It is just a personal decision.

Jdgbajumo:
Re: Digital Agriculture Investment platforms/options in Nigeria by Gloreg: 9:15am On Oct 14, 2021
semmyk:
That sounds like #Redflag. init?

PS: outlining what should be done, here on this platform is a great service to all. #InvestorCommunityService

PS: I have no investment in ViableX. I avoided them when they were being 'introduced' and analysed on this platform (many pages back last year). My reluctance is not a stamp of #bad or #scam or #fraud. It is just a personal decision.

We are thankful for your continued patronage.

We are currently experiencing a downtime on our funds transfer system. This is due to some security issues we encountered with our digital wallet system.

We have gone far integrating with Nigeria Inter-Bank Settlement System Plc (NIBSS) via our recently acquired Jamis Microfinance Bank. This will bring lasting and more secured solutions to our fund transfer issues.

In this regard, we have resulted to temporarily paying directly to Bank account until the issue is resolved.

For prompt response to funds transfer issues, kindly send a mail to info@viablex.com

We deeply apologize for this inconvenience and will get this service running in the shortest possible time.

We appreciate your patience.

ViableX Team

(1) (2) (3) ... (708) (709) (710) (711) (712) (713) (714) ... (743) (Reply)

Crypto Currency Investors Thread / Treasury Bills In Nigeria / Nigerian Stock Exchange Market Pick Alerts

Viewing this topic: JDDreamer(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2022 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 230
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.