₦airaland Forum

Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,315,623 members, 5,102,588 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 August 2019 at 08:37 PM

I’m Scared I Might Lose My Fiancé - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I’m Scared I Might Lose My Fiancé (1949 Views)

I Married A Man But I Think I Might Be A Lesbian / My Husband Is Very Jealous Because I’m Beautiful – 16-year-old Housewife / ‘i’m My Husband’s 33rd Wife, Any Woman He Touches Ends Up With Him’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I’m Scared I Might Lose My Fiancé by spencekat(m): 5:39pm On Aug 14
HumblySearching:
Be grateful you have a man to call yours.

I'm searching for mine. Mid 30s preferably
How old are you?
Re: I’m Scared I Might Lose My Fiancé by HumblySearching(f): 5:40pm On Aug 14
spencekat:
How old are you?
late 20s
Re: I’m Scared I Might Lose My Fiancé by Safitu(f): 5:47pm On Aug 14
She will learn as she gets older she’s still 23. She will mature in the marriage. By 29 she will look back at this and laugh.
Ginaz:

Marriage requires a mentally prepared mind and maturity of a certain degree to function. Imagine she is worried over a mere dream, not even a real life experience.

If she is this worried and suspicious over a dream that won’t help the marriage move forward then what happens when the real life crisis comes? Like sickness?, temptations, emotional distance or abuse? Family wahala, financial troubles??

These require a high level of mentality to handle. I’m tired of couples getting married and over any little thing they are divorced or no more together.

She should be prepared for important things than trying to suffocate the young union with unnecessary pressures!!

Re: I’m Scared I Might Lose My Fiancé by spencekat(m): 5:54pm On Aug 14
HumblySearching:
late 20s
Ok
Re: I’m Scared I Might Lose My Fiancé by Ginaz(f): 5:58pm On Aug 14
Safitu:
She will learn as she gets older she’s still 23. She will mature in the marriage. By 29 she will look back at this and laugh.

She better o my sister .
Re: I’m Scared I Might Lose My Fiancé by FisifunKododada: 8:26pm On Aug 14
Hmmm...I will like to give you advice but honestly I don't know what to say. Anyway, sit him down and discuss your concerns with him, you will be surprised he loves you more because of this.
Re: I’m Scared I Might Lose My Fiancé by bukatyne(f): 8:38pm On Aug 14
olabrinks:
Hi so I’m 23 about to be 24 in a few days and I’m getting married in November to a guy that I’ve been dating for a year. After our engagement few weeks back, I found out I was pregnant, he was soo soo happy even though I felt like I wasn’t ready, a child is a blessing regardless so I’m happy.

Putting that aside I’ve been having funny dreams about this guy. Had a dream that he was cheating on me excessively and I left him. He was a ladies man in the past, but I think he’s over that stage now that he’s in his 30s. This guy is also a very good cook, like on a expert level. He grew up around women so his standard of cooking is extremely extremely high. Sometimes I feel very inferior because he can cook better than me and he’s always making sly comments about me not being able to handle a home up to his expectations. Then another worry I have is even after a year of dating I haven’t been able to mesh well with his friends. When I’m around them it’s always awkward, I just don’t even understand why. We come from two different backgrounds, his being more rugged and mine more conservative. I’m that quiet type and he’s always making sly comments again about how I’m too conservative and I act like I no dey sh*t lol. But being quiet is just my nature, I can’t pretend to be who I’m not. I just thank God that his mother loves and adores me.

Do you guys think I’m being concerned for no reason ?

I don't know your history of fulfilled dreams so I can't Guage the importance of your dreams.

My surprise is how a 23yr old conservative girl tangled with a 35yr old rugged man.

Since you are pregnant and fixed a date:

1. Learn to be civil to his friends: no need for blending. If they come around, engage them in general affairs and be a good host. Voila!

2. Cooking: from experience, men's skills dwindle with marriage. You would be surprised that 4yrs down the line, he is asking you when to add seasoning except if he is a chef or maintains the tempo in marriage. (unlikely).

3. Cheating: he sounds like one. However, he might be luckily over that phase (which I wouldn't count on if I were you).

4. Home keeping: he is probably right, however, let him know that you are always willing to learn.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: I’m Scared I Might Lose My Fiancé by Omoluabi16(m): 9:02pm On Aug 14
You're engaged and pregnant already.Finish what you started and marry him inspite of your worries. You go dey alright.
Re: I’m Scared I Might Lose My Fiancé by chii8(f): 9:31pm On Aug 14
[quote author=bukatyne post=81260091]

I don't know your history of fulfilled dreams so I can't Guage the importance of your dreams.

My surprise is how a 23yr old conservative girl tangled with a 35yr old rugged man.

Since you are pregnant and fixed a date:

1. Learn to be civil to his friends: no need for blending. If they come around, engage them in general affairs and be a good host. Voila!

2. Cooking: from experience, men's skills dwindle with marriage. You would be surprised that 4yrs down the line, he is asking you when to add seasoning except if he is a chef or maintains the tempo in marriage. (unlikely).

3. Cheating: he sounds like one. However, he might be luckily over that phase (which I wouldn't count on if I were you).

4. Home keeping: he is probably right, however, let him know that you are always willing to learn.

Good luck.

This Aunty has said it all jare.....plus she's still young and pregnancy hormones can give you malaria dreams.
Re: I’m Scared I Might Lose My Fiancé by missjo: 9:39pm On Aug 14
Ginaz:

Marriage requires a mentally prepared mind and maturity of a certain degree to function. Imagine she is worried over a mere dream, not even a real life experience.

If she is this worried and suspicious over a dream that won’t help the marriage move forward then what happens when the real life crisis comes? Like sickness?, temptations, emotional distance or abuse? Family wahala, financial troubles??

These require a high level of mentality to handle. I’m tired of couples getting married and over any little thing they are divorced or no more together.

She should be prepared for important things than trying to suffocate the young union with unnecessary pressures!!

Lol,you have a point but me thinks she's just being insecure and every person regardless of age and mental maturity does feel some form of insecurity over certain issues, including you sistah

1 Like

Re: I’m Scared I Might Lose My Fiancé by missjo: 9:41pm On Aug 14
Ginaz:

She’s too serious joor, which sly comments? Can’t one’s spouse “yab” them again? It makes the marriage fun and light when both couples tell a joke on themselves.

My aunt’s husband for example whenever she cooks a bad food, he would say “ This your food na wa o but I will still eat it or this your food eh, na for federal o”. My aunt would throw a joke of her own too. They would both end up laughing heartily. Some days , it’s her husband who cooks when he has time and my aunt would “jab” his food just to get back at him.

Marriage is boring on it’s own. Don’t kill it with being too rigid and overly serious.
No two people are exactly the same darling. We all react to things (in this case, you call it jokes) differently.
Re: I’m Scared I Might Lose My Fiancé by Spechialone: 7:29am On Aug 15
You're having cold feet... Show me a perfect man...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Never Make This Mistake As A Man Married To One Wife. / Must I Share My First Salary With My Family Members? / It Is Now Or Never For Me Dear nairalanders(clarion call for help)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (0) (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2019 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.