Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,408 members, 7,781,186 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:20 AM

Burna Boy's Interview With Trevor Noah - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Burna Boy's Interview With Trevor Noah (28705 Views)

Video Of Burna Boy's Interview At The Champions League Final (pics/video) / Burna Boy To Appear On Trevor Noah’s ‘The Daily Show’ / How Trevor Noah Reacted While Watching The Nigeria Vs Argentina Game (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Burna Boy's Interview With Trevor Noah by userplainly(m): 3:52pm On Aug 14, 2019
This Trevor Noah fake smile dey tire me.. niqqa found a way to always smile n keep making the ego
Re: Burna Boy's Interview With Trevor Noah by Joshmodest(m): 5:38pm On Aug 14, 2019
exstreve:

I for sure know you are a Wizkid fan, so sit down let me school you boy...
Burna boy is the most commercially successful African artiste at the moment, I wouldn't want to say of all time because Angelique kidjo holds that record.
I know you might argue this but facts Don't lie, this African giant album debuted at no 16 on UK OCC Album charts which is also the best debuting African album ever by an african, it also debuted at 104 on billboard top 200 which is the best debuting album but a Nigerian on that chart once again only suparsed by Angelique kidjo in the whole African Continent,it also topped 10charts across the world and at no33 on Canadian billboard
You love for burna , I don't think its half of mine , I loved burna right from the days if yawa dey , I've always felt he was underrated , and I'm happy he is been given his due respect now , but comparing him to Wizkid in terms of int'l achievement common !
You talk about facts like you know what you're saying , Wizkid is the first African artist to be on a song that crossed one billion views on Spotify , the only African artist on the list of 500 most streamed artists kn Spotify in the world.His song come closer hit #59 on the UK charts. Highest ever by a Nigerian artist !
Cos burna is on Trevor's show now , you feel u can spill trash !
Re: Burna Boy's Interview With Trevor Noah by Joshmodest(m): 6:04pm On Aug 14, 2019
exstreve:

I for sure know you are a Wizkid fan, so sit down let me school you boy...
Burna boy is the most commercially successful African artiste at the moment, I wouldn't want to say of all time because Angelique kidjo holds that record.
I know you might argue this but facts Don't lie, this African giant album debuted at no 16 on UK OCC Album charts which is also the best debuting African album ever by an african, it also debuted at 104 on billboard top 200 which is the best debuting album by a Nigerian on that chart once again only suparsed by Angelique kidjo in the whole African Continent,it also topped 10charts across the world and at no33 on Canadian billboard
In your own words "Facts don't lie "
Wizkid has featured on Skepta , Drake , Beyonce , Metro boomin , Normani , Zara Larsson , Yung Jeezy , Wale , and Tinie tempah's album ....
Total number of Spotify streams wizkid has is a billion plus , his song of Beyonce's last album , that featured burna was the biggest commercially , One dance a song he featured in was the chart topper in more than 12 European countries , his album sftos ,is still the biggest album commercially to come out of Africa in while , It topped the charts in many African countries. And debuted at no 5 in the US , behind Jay z's 4:44 , and 21 savage's " issa album " , go and check the reviews it got on pitchfork !
In terms of commercial sales none in Africa currently beats wizkid , even burna and Angelique kidjo are aware of this fact , so which commercially are u talking about !!!
Re: Burna Boy's Interview With Trevor Noah by MrCEO69(m): 6:31pm On Aug 14, 2019
exstreve:
Below are photos from BURNA Boy's recent Performance and Interview with South Africa's Trevor Noah. Burna boy who recently released his Fourth studio album 'AFRICAN GIANT' Becomes the first Nigerian to be featured on the Central Comedy TV Channel show 'The daily Show' Which is among the most popular TV show in America.

The Daily Show is an American late-night talk and news satire television program. It airs each Monday through Thursday on Comedy Central. Describing itself as a fake news program, The Daily Show draws its comedy and satire from recent news stories, political figures, media organizations, and often uses self-referential humor as well.
Did u say first to be featured? U mean performance or as a guys cos he isn't. Chiamanda and the two Nigeria actors have already been featured.
Re: Burna Boy's Interview With Trevor Noah by bigpriik: 6:34pm On Aug 14, 2019
muyiwaadekunle1:

That might be true but the biggest African recording artist for the last 5 years has to be Wizkid.
Nigga got featured by Drake and Beyonce. These are platinum selling musicians recognized globally.
I like Burna Boy, in fact I've been a fan since the hit tracks Ebelebo Ebelebo o and if you never see Landlord yawa dey o debuted but Wizkid na Baba Nla o.

Africa's biggest artiste my foot ,someone that doesn't have any of his songs on the top 100 most streamed and downloaded songs in the world chart
Re: Burna Boy's Interview With Trevor Noah by BlacDonaldTrump(m): 7:32pm On Aug 14, 2019
1shortblackboy:
I think he's being appreciated more because of his live performance. He uses a life band. Unlike Davido and wizkid who can only perform with a DJ playing their tracks

Wizkid uses mostly (if not all the time) live band for his "live performances". However, I agree with you as regards Davido.
Re: Burna Boy's Interview With Trevor Noah by azeez1973(m): 7:59pm On Aug 14, 2019
wetin special in diz guy sef! smoking hemp,getting rated 4 wat?
Re: Burna Boy's Interview With Trevor Noah by JustCurious: 9:13pm On Aug 14, 2019
Kingosytex:

I am very happy for Burna, he is now given due recognition after being underrated for years. The dude has done much for himself.

Two things I see him do differently:

He has been consistent in his act.
He run in his own pace.
Re: Burna Boy's Interview With Trevor Noah by Aidejay(m): 11:46pm On Aug 14, 2019
Nigerians and short term memory. Let's start with Dbanj. Oliver twist is one of his biggest hits debuted at number 9 on the UK singles chart and number 2 on the UK RnB chart that same week and was nominated for the world music award in the categories for world's best song and world's best video please tell me you haven't forgotten the video with Kanye west Next Psquare. Their album GAME OVER is still one of the best selling albums in the history of African music selling 7.5 million copies also try to remember their international tour to many African countries shutting down mega venues becoming one of the most travelled and recognised nigerian artists of the 2000s. Now wizkid, davido, burna boy all I see here is timing it is burnas same way it was wizzys and davidos it's timing it's my hypothesis that burna has adopted a sound he is comfortable with and has earned him the acclaim and fame the same way wizzy and davido have equally done so this arguement about Africa's biggest is quite unwarranted cause it's all about timing brown skin girl peaked at number 76 on billboard hot 100 and the movie that inspired the album is now the highest grossing animation of all time. One dance peaked at number one on the billboard hot 100 it was Drake's first number one single as a leading artist and wizkid and kyla's first hot 100 single and number ones one dance made wizkid the first Nigerian singer to enter and top the billboard hot 100 a record no one else can break. Now come closer peaked at number 58 on the UK singles chart, number 14 on the RnB chart and number 29 on the us RnB/hiphop Airplay chart in the USA. Sounds from the other side Album debuted at number 107 on the billboard hot 200 and 58 on the Canadian charts and 91 on the UK albums charts (OCC). Let's says more shall we, davido fall peaked at number 25 on the billboard RnB chart and number 13 on the RnB/hip-hop airplay charts in the USA. Now Grammy's: femi kuti has 3 nominations, king sunny ade has 1 for Odu, babatunde olatunji (u no sabi am ask Google) has 1, seun kuti and Egypt 80 have 1 nomination. Let's talk Asa she has charted in France, Belgium, Switzerland, USA and has sold over 350 thousand albums WORLDWIDE as at 2014. So why the rancor all is timing. Currently listening to burna Anybody now so make una no dey shout everything na time. Congrats burna boy. No be today Nigerian artists don dey get international recognition for their art make una no dey make noise.
Re: Burna Boy's Interview With Trevor Noah by Joshmodest(m): 12:02am On Aug 15, 2019
Aidejay:
Nigerians and short term memory. Let's start with Dbanj. Oliver twist is one of his biggest hits debuted at number 9 on the UK singles chart and number 2 on the UK RnB chart that same week and was nominated for the world music award in the categories for world's best song and world's best video please tell me you haven't forgotten the video with Kanye west Next Psquare. Their album GAME OVER is still one of the best selling albums in the history of African music selling 7.5 million copies also try to remember their international tour to many African countries shutting down mega venues becoming one of the most travelled and recognised nigerian artists of the 2000s. Now wizkid, davido, burna boy all I see here is timing it is burnas same way it was wizzys and davidos it's timing it's my hypothesis that burna has adopted a sound he is comfortable with and has earned him the acclaim and fame the same way wizzy and davido have equally done so this arguement about Africa's biggest is quite unwarranted cause it's all about timing brown skin girl peaked at number 76 on billboard hot 100 and the movie that inspired the album is now the highest grossing animation of all time. One dance peaked at number one on the billboard hot 100 it was Drake's first number one single as a leading artist and wizkid and kyla's first hot 100 single and number ones one dance made wizkid the first Nigerian singer to enter and top the billboard hot 100 a record no one else can break. Now come closer peaked at number 58 on the UK singles chart, number 14 on the RnB chart and number 29 on the us RnB/hiphop Airplay chart in the USA. Sounds from the other side Album debuted at number 107 on the billboard hot 200 and 58 on the Canadian charts and 91 on the UK albums charts (OCC). Let's says more shall we, davido fall peaked at number 25 on the billboard RnB chart and number 13 on the RnB/hip-hop airplay charts in the USA. Now Grammy's: femi kuti has 3 nominations, king sunny ade has 1 for Odu, babatunde olatunji (u no sabi am ask Google) has 1, seun kuti and Egypt 80 have 1 nomination. Let's talk Asa she has charted in France, Belgium, Switzerland, USA and has sold over 350 thousand albums WORLDWIDE as at 2014. So why the rancor all is timing. Currently listening to burna Anybody now so make una no dey shout everything na time. Congrats burna boy. No be today Nigerian artists don dey get international recognition's for their art make una no dey make noise.
Most sensible comment I've seen on this forum , All facts are 100% certified , Dbanj's Oliver twist was the bang back then , it made it into the UK charts , I remember before wizkid came and shocked the world with 2 entries at a time. I don't think any other Nigerian artist has done this ( Google is your neighbor ) With Mamacita and One dance in the UK .......No other artist has hit the no 1 spot , Nigerians have the memory of Chelsea fans , they quickly forget yesterday , and jump into conclusions , Burnaboy has not even surpassed Mr eazi internationally and they're comparing him with Wizkid !!!
I really love your analysis ,
Man wey Sabi !!!!
Re: Burna Boy's Interview With Trevor Noah by Nomfanelo99(f): 2:56am On Aug 15, 2019
He was very comfortable in this interview �
Re: Burna Boy's Interview With Trevor Noah by Nobody: 8:27pm On Aug 15, 2019
Abalado:
This guy kind of music is kinda unique from all these nija lover boys, he doesn't about love love love,, unlike davido, wizi, and the rest, all they know about chioma, aduke, funke, kemi, alimat but buna boy is unique ,,he doesn't sing about girl lover
Have you listened to "on the low"?
Re: Burna Boy's Interview With Trevor Noah by opebiboy: 6:39am On Aug 16, 2019
Burna ti takeover

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uzoamaka Ohiri Threatens Osamathecomedian With Defamation Suit / Buhari Vs Goodluck Who Nailed The Look? / The Multimillion Dollars House Of Richest Black Woman In The World, Folorunsho A

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.