Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

Completely Out-of-touch Leader- Ezekwesili Slams Buhari's Claim Of Food Security - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Completely Out-of-touch Leader- Ezekwesili Slams Buhari's Claim Of Food Security (13991 Views)

Ezekwesili Slams Atiku For Claiming He Obasanjo's Economic Management Team / Ezekwesili Slams Buhari’s Comment On IG’s Weight, Says It’s A Joke On Insecurity / Osita Chidoka Reacts To Buhari’s Claim He Is Not Cloned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Completely Out-of-touch Leader- Ezekwesili Slams Buhari's Claim Of Food Security by Staro: 5:47pm On Aug 14, 2019
Aswear
Re: Completely Out-of-touch Leader- Ezekwesili Slams Buhari's Claim Of Food Security by Damod88: 8:09pm On Aug 14, 2019
EternalYouth:
what this one is saying? Is Madam Oby favour our country to continue depending on the importation of food? Does Madam Oby want us to be an employer of foreign farmers while our numerous graduate roaming the street without employment? Madam Oby with her knowledge and expertise should have known we can
not continue to waste our hard-earned foreign exchange on a luxury of food importation instead of much-needed infrastructure development.
As technocrats she is, I expected Madam Oby to support this good government policy and suggested steps to be taken to accomplish success that will benefit our economy. I expected her to suggest a solution instead of politicizing on every government policy.
As a farmer, I will like to see the government going beyond stop of foreign exchange to food imports. But ensure that foods imports is heavily taxed as luxurious goods. The government must see to it that commercial banks give a single digits loan to the farmers. Also, customer service must live to their responsibility and patrol all our porous border to check the smuggling activities.
I have enjoyed the CBN interventions funds before but they should increase such intervention so that many farmers will be captured in the schemes. Enough is enough, we can not continue to funds the employment of foreign workers through our stupidity while our children can not be engaged in economic activities at home.

There are three to four groups of higher income earners in Nigeria. These groups are namely; the politicians, the importers of foreign goods, the executives of big companies and those who are engaged in the pillage of our oil. These groups of people altogether earn more than 70 percent of Nigerian incomes, while their economic activities generate less than 3 per cent of the country's employment.Tell me how can the economy develop with such negativity?

The president might be wrong in saying that Nigeria has achieved food security, however, for Oby to have suggested that increased importation of food is the best way to tackle food insecurity is at best misguided. For a country suffering from chronic unemployment, increased importation of food, especially those that can be produced locally,will only generate more unemployment and make us become more insecure and vulnerable in the long run. The only way to achieve food security is to encourage local production of food that we can produce.

I expect Oby, being an economist, to have understood the implications of what she is pushing for. This is a country that suffers from chronic balance of payment problems which results from offering fewer goods to world market. We run trade deficit with virtually all of our important trading partners ,the question is how do we overcome such deficit if we continue to import more than we export?We don't manufacture much and the few things we manufacture are for local consumption, how are we going to grow as nation with such a lopsided economic structure?

I understand that there are issues that need to be addressed as far as agriculture is concerned. The security issue has to be dealt with for increased productivity. We have to build more infrastructure to lessen farmers' hardship, and most importantly, the government and private lenders have to make loans available for serious and hardworking farmers to encourage them. This is what is done in developed countries. They protect their agro sector through subsidies and other protectionist policies just to keep their farmers in employment. Therefore Nigeria cannot afford to loose its market to foreign agro products especially given the fact that we are not competitive in other sectors like manufacturing.

There are Nigerians Who, out of greed, are ready to destroy their country to make money. In the North, the unchecked activities of smugglers have destroyed the once thriving textile industry which employed thousands of people. Nigerians are not ready to engage in production but are ready to import everything into the country because by doing that they make more profit.If we want overcome some of our economic challenges, we need to prioritize production,especially in the area where we still have some natural advantage like agriculture. Countries like America and Canada have over capacity in agriculture and are desperately looking for where to dump them. If we allow everything to be imported, there is the likehood of our market being flooded with cheap agricultural products with the negative results that many farmers will be out of employment.

Bros I am interested in agriculture and I will like you to help me out. In case you want to help me start my own agro business, this is my number 08142987020.I will be grateful for any assistance rendered. Please I am not asking you to help me with money, I am asking for expertise.
Re: Completely Out-of-touch Leader- Ezekwesili Slams Buhari's Claim Of Food Security by Damod88: 8:27pm On Aug 14, 2019
BigBashiru:

He keeps recycling old same leaders because Africa seems cursed. I break that curse in Jesus name!! Give ur lives to Christ now and be saved.

U can't break the coursed because u are product of hate and not of rationality.
Re: Completely Out-of-touch Leader- Ezekwesili Slams Buhari's Claim Of Food Security by Damod88: 8:39pm On Aug 14, 2019
Nigerians are programmed people. Their reactions to any issues reflect their stereotypical programming. Hardly can they engage in rational discurse. If the bear animosity towards you, they condemn everything you say or do even if what you are doing is good. If the love you they praise everything you say or do even if what you are doing is bad. They don't debate issues rationally to arrive at cogent conclusion,what they do essentially is to condemn and insult. This attitude is typical of savages. It is really true that Nigerians are savages?
Re: Completely Out-of-touch Leader- Ezekwesili Slams Buhari's Claim Of Food Security by Damod88: 9:06pm On Aug 14, 2019
Ayotemide:
Well, this same man said he lifted 5million people from poverty when it has been reported that 25million Nigerian live in Multidimensional poverty. The man is just never going to be alright for this nation.

Northern Nigeria that does not care for quality of leadership and would accept whatever puts akara in their mouth cannot continue to dictate who leads Nigeria. Their ignorance and outright tribalistic and dunce method of politics cannot continue to determine our direction as a people.

This country must become regionally led.

How are leaders being selected in your state and local government area? Do you think you stand a good of becoming a leader in local government area? What I hate is hypocrisy. You seem to be convinced that the north is the problem while your backyard reeks with rotten leaders. You don't have any moral high ground to condemn any region when your region is also sick. Besides, complaining about this and that will not solve any problems. Human beings have from time immemorial been complaining about death and sickness, have death and sickness gone?Truly Nigerian leaders are bad but complaining about their badness will not make them become saints.Abacha was bad, we had Obasanjo. Obasanjo was bad we had Jonathan. Jonathan was bad we had Buhari. Buhari is bad and whoever is going to succeed him is definitely going to be bad. Don't you think there is something about us that makes every leader we have appear bad? Don't you think our environment is the cause of our badness? Society shapes human beings and Nigerians are definitely products of the environment in which they grow.
Re: Completely Out-of-touch Leader- Ezekwesili Slams Buhari's Claim Of Food Security by Stanbaba30: 10:33pm On Aug 14, 2019
What does anyone expect from the President, when he doesn't even know what the concept 'Food Security' means? Keep lying, 2023 is at d corner.
Re: Completely Out-of-touch Leader- Ezekwesili Slams Buhari's Claim Of Food Security by ofwest47(m): 11:58pm On Aug 14, 2019
ezekwe sily idiot is one of the toothpicks importer into Nigeria
Re: Completely Out-of-touch Leader- Ezekwesili Slams Buhari's Claim Of Food Security by LagosXYZ: 12:23am On Aug 15, 2019
I read your comment 3 times to be sure if you're not talking nonsense as your point seemed insightful but it was just rubbish in disguise. At least you should have read her narrative properly without any bias before spending time writing all this well articulated rubbish. At what point did she say we should continue to encourage importation? She provided enough credible information about everything including where the nation is doing better and where the dangers are which makes it impossible for us to declare to have food security. And you came with a water gun to spray your watery brains out all because you want to sound intelligent...It's people like you who make it to government and still keep this country in abject poverty because you simply lack basic and common sense required to make the right policies at the right time.
EternalYouth:
what this one is saying? Is Madam Oby favour our country to continue depending on the importation of food? Does Madam Oby want us to be an employer of foreign farmers while our numerous graduate roaming the street without employment? Madam Oby with her knowledge and expertise should have known we can
not continue to waste our hard-earned foreign exchange on a luxury of food importation instead of much-needed infrastructure development.
As technocrats she is, I expected Madam Oby to support this good government policy and suggested steps to be taken to accomplish success that will benefit our economy. I expected her to suggest a solution instead of politicizing on every government policy.
As a farmer, I will like to see the government going beyond stop of foreign exchange to food imports. But ensure that foods imports is heavily taxed as luxurious goods. The government must see to it that commercial banks give a single digits loan to the farmers. Also, customer service must live to their responsibility and patrol all our porous border to check the smuggling activities.
I have enjoyed the CBN interventions funds before but they should increase such intervention so that many farmers will be captured in the schemes. Enough is enough, we can not continue to funds the employment of foreign workers through our stupidity while our children can not be engaged in economic activities at home.
Re: Completely Out-of-touch Leader- Ezekwesili Slams Buhari's Claim Of Food Security by LagosXYZ: 12:31am On Aug 15, 2019
ofwest47:
ezekwe sily idiot is one of the toothpicks importer into Nigeria

As pieces of your brains are being picked with toothpicks and dipped in suya pepper by those whom you have given the authority to keep you permanently dumb...You dumbfucks can't even recognize the people who truly meant well for this country or at least the one's presenting real information. So annoying after they will reply with another moronic comment.
Re: Completely Out-of-touch Leader- Ezekwesili Slams Buhari's Claim Of Food Security by LagosXYZ: 12:45am On Aug 15, 2019
DennisEche:
Ugly flat head, you were among the people that brought this beast upon us. Just because the dullard didn't compensate you with appointment you are now disturbing our space. Sango fire you there

Sometimes It's really difficult for me believe people can be as daft,bitter and stupid like you...Like you eat shit and just come out to make a comment because no one knows your face or your true identity. It's very unbelievable and mentally painful to witness the level of stupidity in our society... Someone provided genuine information about everything to suggest that we are not doing so bad and pointed where problem is for us not to declare to have food security yet. And you still chose to be a no brainer. I know you will probably follow up with another daft reply. I weep for Nigeria
Re: Completely Out-of-touch Leader- Ezekwesili Slams Buhari's Claim Of Food Security by chiedozie198100: 1:10am On Aug 15, 2019
michelz:
This woman is one of the many educated idiots we have in this country. A hypocrite to the core.
I wonder how her likes sleep at night with such weight of hypocrisy on their chest.
The same Buhari and APC she has been criticizing and calling all sorts of name now was the same person and party she helped and foisted on Nigerians.
If she had been given a post in this government, I doubt she would be here today foaming in the mouth all over the place against Buhari.
She's a classic example of what our young girls shouldn't aspire to be.

and this was same woman who was once put on same pedestal with okonjo iweala.
Re: Completely Out-of-touch Leader- Ezekwesili Slams Buhari's Claim Of Food Security by SolexOlenin(m): 1:38am On Aug 15, 2019
“Ranka dede Sir"

I like that part. Buhari's aids are mad gan o, hehehe... see the blunder they made their boss commit.

Trump will just be laughing now....nawa o naija
Re: Completely Out-of-touch Leader- Ezekwesili Slams Buhari's Claim Of Food Security by DennisEche(m): 7:42am On Aug 15, 2019
LagosXYZ:

Sometimes It's really difficult for me believe people can be as daft,bitter and stupid like you...Like you eat shit and just come out to make a comment because no one knows your face or your true identity. It's very unbelievable and mentally painful to witness the level of stupidity in our society... Someone provided genuine information about everything to suggest that we are not doing so bad and pointed where problem is for us not to declare to have food security yet. And you still chose to be a no brainer. I know you will probably follow up with another daft reply. I weep for Nigeria
You are fool to think the woman is been compassionate about the plight of Nigerians under an incompetent clueless man she played a major role bringing upon Nigerians. Your dull brain should have asked what happened to her scam Bring Back Our girls Campaign she was front lining when GEJ was the president. Just because she is doing eye service now and deceiving people, dullards like you will think she is for the masses ,I am sorry to disappoint you, not for some one me, if the dullard had given her appointment like her fellow BBGo campaigners would she be disturbing us with her eye service talk? She is talking now because she was played. Oga better park well. Politicians will keep fooling people like you.
Re: Completely Out-of-touch Leader- Ezekwesili Slams Buhari's Claim Of Food Security by bayulll011(m): 8:09am On Aug 15, 2019
DameB:

True, when food the most basic human need of man is available then productivity and innovation will flow...
we are a long way from solving hunger in Nigeria (not even hidden hunger yet). Not with the level of nepotism, greed and corruption in the country.. you can imagine local governments buying inferior farm machineries or embezzling the money... Where are the roads or railways connecting farming communities to industrial areas...
Even in dispensing soft loans and grants for agro-allied businesses there's still magomago..
After harvest how many other new foods do we process and export? When you go to all local markets you see fruits and vegetables rot and thrown away daily

you are very correct,i was forced to believe Africans don't have the capacities and mentality to always do the right thing.
Innovations and idea generation rules the world now,no wonder the western world will always be at the forefront of any development.
Nigeria case is a peculiar one,i was hoping things will get better but sincerely it won't because there are no INSTITUTIONS that can make things work here,many people run abroad not just because is better of over there,but simply because their institutions works,the government has made it as a point of duty to innovate add value to the populace,therefore you don't need to worry about roads,housing,health and all you energy will be channel towards developments and adding values,but in Nigeria you think a lot.

It is an unhealthy situations we find ourselves sincerely and have stop raising my hope or believe it could get better,cos how many elections have we had now,still the same old people,same Elite wining and smiling to the bank always.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Completely Out-of-touch Leader- Ezekwesili Slams Buhari's Claim Of Food Security by LagosXYZ: 5:35pm On Aug 15, 2019
DennisEche:

You are fool to think the woman is been compassionate about the plight of Nigerians under an incompetent clueless man she played a major role bringing upon Nigerians. Your dull brain should have asked what happened to her scam Bring Back Our girls Campaign she was front lining when GEJ was the president. Just because she is doing eye service now and deceiving people, dullards like you will think she is for the masses ,I am sorry to disappoint you, not for some one me, if the dullard had given her appointment like her fellow BBGo
campaigners would she be disturbing us with her eye service talk? She is talking now because she was played. Oga better park well. Politicians will keep fooling people like you.
Like I expected,another display of daftness, He strays away from the subject matter into something else that is nothing but ignorant speculations just to further prove that he lacks the ability to comprehend anything. You're neither supporting Buhari s policy not the woman's analysis. You're clueless of how politics works as well, You're not suggesting anything better...just bitterness Everywhere. I understand sha...This is what this country turns people into. Angry ,bitter ,hopeless and outright daftness. I apologize on behalf of your ancestors who should have sent you to exist as a goat instead
Re: Completely Out-of-touch Leader- Ezekwesili Slams Buhari's Claim Of Food Security by Ripama: 6:43pm On Sep 16, 2019
enemyofprogress:
she was once a minister, she has tried her best. What have you done for Nigeria?
I am not a politician, I'm an humanitarian. And for your information. I've helped a good number of Nigerians and other nationals as a volunteer. What have u done for Nigeria? Being a minister does not mean u are responsible. I'm didn't debunk buhari's claim but no politician shud act like a saint.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku Insists That The Declaration Of Tinubu As President Illegal / Aviation Fuel Price Crash Imminent As Dangote Refinery Begins Supply Of Products / Insecurity: Nigeria Is A Disgrace To The World –gen. T.Y Danjuma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.