Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,125 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

El-rufai Opens The Battleground For 2023 Presidency - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / El-rufai Opens The Battleground For 2023 Presidency (6546 Views)

2023: El-rufai Opens Up On Contesting For Presidency, Jostling For VP / Edo Election: Battleground, Comfort Zone; How Obaseki, Ize-Iyamu Stand Across LG / Presidential Race: The Battleground States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: El-rufai Opens The Battleground For 2023 Presidency by LegendHero(m): 3:24pm On Aug 15, 2019
NASTYNASOSO:

HMMMMMMMM

MOST OF THE PEOPLE YOU MENTIONED ARE FROM THE SW ITS LOGICAL FOR HIM TO DEFEAT THEM.

ELRUFAI IS FROM THE NW HE IS COMING FROM THE STRONGEST POLITICAL BLOCK IN THE COUNTRY.

GUY THIS IS THE REAL BATTLE.MONEY WILL NOT PLAY ANY ROLE BUT OTHER FACTORS WILL.

Even El-Rufai will laugh at your assertion. Let me tell you the truth, no one in APC can wrestle the presidential ticket from the Tinubu Caucus. Tinubu wield a lot of power in APC and El-Rufai cannot beat Asiwaju caucus to the APC primary pres. ticket.

You all give too much power to El-Rufai like he’s some sort of invisible Demi God. Tinubu owns the APC chairman (Oshiomhole), senate president is his boy, the speaker is his boy, mos APC NWC guys are his boys. Ganduje, Shekarau et.al. are Tinubu allies. Even the Igbo guys in APC will support Tinubu coz money rules all party primaries.

The only one that can stop Tinubu in APC is Buhari. But I’m sure Buhari won’t want to influence the primaries coz it’s very dangerous to the stability within APC.
Re: El-rufai Opens The Battleground For 2023 Presidency by CrimeKsmart: 3:49pm On Aug 15, 2019
LegendHero:

What do you mean by saying Igbo rule the private sector? What are the statistics to back up that claim? Don’t mention 2 by 2 shops? How many people are employed by Igbos businessmen? What do you produce in Igbo land? How much do you contribute to the nation GDP? How are you assisting Nigeria , how many industries are in the SE? How many investment opportunities are in the SE, I’m talking of big investments? You all think retailing is the only yardstick for economy, and that’s just a layman thinking.

How exactly do you rule the academia? By university ranking? Number of professors? Number of useful graduates? Number of researches? Number of patents? How exactly does the Igbo man rule academia?

Are you trying to mention WAEC where there are lot of student that score A1 in all subject across the tribes as a yardstick for academia? Seems you listen to too much IPOB bureau of statistics.

If you say the Igbo rule sport, then I can also say Yorubas rule the music industry. That shouldn’t be a bragging right tho.
You won kill am?

All.these questions for him alone?

Lol... I can bet you that he won't answer them. He will rather deviate

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Opens The Battleground For 2023 Presidency by LazyGold(m): 3:52pm On Aug 15, 2019
TSRC:

From your academia to the private sector to your national sports teams, it screams Igbo.

Which academia are you talking about?

Best higher institutions in Nigeria are dominated by higher institutions in South West

Highest numbers of professors in Nigeria goes to the south west

Highest numbers of SAN in Nigeria also goes to the South west

Journalism in Nigeria is also dominated by South West

South West is the most Educated region in Nigeria

When it come to National sports every region in Nigeria is representing from South West to South South to South East and the North

The two highest goal scorers in the history of Super Eagles were Yoruba players

South West also dominate the entertainment industry in Nigeria

South West dominate the music industry and even the Yorubawood part of Nollywood is doing pretty well to the extent that you can find Yoruba movies on Netflix

Highest grossing Nigerian films were dominated by films directed by Yoruba

When it come to private sectors you guys are not even a match for Yoruba

When it come to technology too Yoruba lead infact Yoruba dominated

Yoruba also dominate the Betting and gambling industry in Nigeria

Bet9ja is own by Yoruba

Nairabet is own by Yoruba

Surebet is own by Yoruba

Betking is co founded by Yoruba

1960bet is own by Yoruba

Merrybet is own by Yoruba

Yoruba absolutely dominated the betting and Gambling industry in Nigeria

Yoruba lead in almost everything in this country

All you guys can do is make empty noise and beat chest

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai Opens The Battleground For 2023 Presidency by TSRC: 4:05pm On Aug 15, 2019
LazyGold:

Which academia are you talking about?

Best higher institutions in Nigeria are dominated by higher institutions in South West

Highest numbers of professors in Nigeria go to the south west

Highest numbers of SAN in Nigeria also go to the South west

Journalism in Nigeria is also dominated by South West

South West is the most Educated region in Nigeria

When it come to National sports every region in Nigeria is representing from South West to South South to South East

The two highest goal scorers in the history of Super Eagles were Yoruba players

South West also dominate the entertainment industry in Nigeria

South West dominate the music industry and even the Yorubawood part of Nollywood is doing pretty well to the extent that you can find Yoruba movies on Netflix

Highest grossing Nigerian films were dominated by films directed by Yoruba

When it come to private sectors you guys are not even a match for Yoruba

When it come to technology too Yoruba lead infact Yoruba dominated

Yoruba also dominated the Betting and gambling industry in Nigeria

Bet9ja is own by Yoruba

Nairabet is own by Yoruba

Surebet is own by Yoruba

Betking is co founded by Yoruba

1960bet is own by Yoruba

Merrybet is own by Yoruba

Yoruba absolutely dominated the betting and Gambling industry in Nigeria

Yoruba lead in almost everything in this country

All you guys can do is make empty noise and beat chest

The state with the highest number of professor is IMO state according to the NUC.

And Yoruba are no longer the most educated in the country.
It is not possible.

I went through the nonsense you wrote, and I don't believe that is what you want to use to debunk me.
A couple of companies is what makes Nigeria?

Abeg, shift make I laugh.

Even the Nollywood itself is Igbo dominated. Two or three Yoruba English producers that just came on the scene is not what makes Nollywood.
Go to any country in Africa and ask them what is the name for a Nigerian King, they would tell you it is igwe.
Nollywood is synonymous with Igbo culture because Igbo's built it.
I am not talking about local Yoruba wood or whatever.

Go through most of your sport teams from 1960-date and check which ethnic have been producing most talents.
I don't need to tell you it is Igbo.
Even the D' tigerees female basketball team that just qualified for the semis in Senegal is Igbo dominated.

Yeye dey smell.

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Opens The Battleground For 2023 Presidency by PharoahIII: 4:08pm On Aug 15, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
SamNaijaboy:
Agreed, but did you see the dichotomy in the North between the Presidential and Governorship elections?
Bauchi for example went massively for Buhari. APC lost Bauchi.
Now things could be flipped. Unlikely as APC will be conducting the elections and so has that advantage of a ruling party.
But I don’t know what the Northerners will do.
If I were APC, I would wait until I’m sure what PDP is doing before picking my candidates

Don't worry too much about this, the choice for PDP in 2023 will be between Tambuwal and Kwankwaso. The VP slot will go to the SS this time so as not to alienate Northern voters (I'm thinking Wike.) Now I'm not so sure about Tambuwal, but if for any reason Kwankwaso appears on the ballot then it will well and truly be the end of APC, irrespective of whom they field (They can field El Rufai for all I care they will still lose) One thing you've got to understand is that PDP is and will always be a Northern party. SS and SE are merely holding the fort for them until 2023, so to speak. In 2023 they will revert to being in the vanguard of the party, as had been so from inception. To the Northerners, APC was only a vehicle to get to the promised land (presidency) in 2015. To those who think Buhari will insist on Tinubu's presidency, I ask, is it the same Buhari who relies on the cabal for even his ministerial list that will insist on Tinubu?. Buhari is not strong-willed.
APC can implode for all he cares. SW don't know what they are up against. As someone once rightly said, The North has a powerful friend and they never walk alone.'

Re: El-rufai Opens The Battleground For 2023 Presidency by PharoahIII: 4:10pm On Aug 15, 2019
SamNaijaboy:
Agreed, but did you see the dichotomy in the North between the Presidential and Governorship elections?
Bauchi for example went massively for Buhari. APC lost Bauchi.
Now things could be flipped. Unlikely as APC will be conducting the elections and so has that advantage of a ruling party.
But I don’t know what the Northerners will do.
If I were APC, I would wait until I’m sure what PDP is doing before picking my candidates

[color=#006600][/color]
Don't worry too much about this, the choice for PDP in 2023 will be between Tambuwal and Kwankwaso. The VP slot will go to the SS this time so as not to alienate Northern voters (I'm thinking Wike.) Now I'm not so sure about Tambuwal, but if for any reason Kwankwaso appears on the ballot then it will well and truly be the end of APC, irrespective of whom they field (They can field El Rufai for all I care they will still lose) One thing you've got to understand is that PDP is and will always be a Northern party. SS and SE are merely holding the fort for them until 2023, so to speak. In 2023 they will revert to being in the vanguard of the party, as had been so from inception. To the Northerners, APC was only a vehicle to get to the promised land (presidency) in 2015. To those who think Buhari will insist on Tinubu's presidency, I ask, is it the same Buhari who relies on the cabal for even his ministerial list that will insist on Tinubu?. Buhari is not strong-willed.
APC can implode for all he cares. SW don't know what they are up against. As someone once rightly said, The North has a powerful friend and they never walk alone.'
Re: El-rufai Opens The Battleground For 2023 Presidency by LegendHero(m): 4:18pm On Aug 15, 2019
CrimeKsmart:

You won kill am?

All.these questions for him alone?

Lol... I can bet you that he won't answer them. He will rather deviate

Don’t mind those guys, they don’t know how economics work. Anybody can import good from China and sell it, it does not require any expertise and it’s even weakening the nation coz importation kills local content.

A lot of things help the economy like the manufacturing sector, service sector (Banks, insurance, IT companies, telecommunication industry), Agriculture sector, and a host of others.

The impact of these big guys on the economy is even what is still helping the country. The tax paid by those companies and their contribution to employment are what is still giving this nation the lifeline.

Looking at all these you can see most contributors to this are the northern part (Agriculture), industries (Majorly in the SW), service sections (Also concentrated in the SW), IT industries (Also SW). Infact the SW houses major local and foreign owned industries in Nigeria. The industries in Ogun state alone dwarf others (excluding Lagos), and Lagos contribute the larger share of tax to the federal government.

Although the SS is the major lifeline to the country coz of the crude oil, but I want him to single out the major contribution of the SE to this country and why he opined they lead in all aspect in Nigeria.

I’m not even gonna talk about the education sector coz that’s visible to the blind and audible to the deaf that SW beat other regions to that.
Re: El-rufai Opens The Battleground For 2023 Presidency by LazyGold(m): 4:19pm On Aug 15, 2019
LegendHero:

What do you mean by saying Igbo rule the private sector? What are the statistics to back up that claim? Don’t mention 2 by 2 shops? How many people are employed by Igbos businessmen? What do you produce in Igbo land? How much do you contribute to the nation GDP? How are you assisting Nigeria , how many industries are in the SE? How many investment opportunities are in the SE, I’m talking of big investments? You all think retailing is the only yardstick for economy, and that’s just a layman thinking.

How exactly do you rule the academia? By university ranking? Number of professors? Number of useful graduates? Number of researches? Number of patents? How exactly does the Igbo man rule academia?

Are you trying to mention WAEC where there are lot of student that score A1 in all subject across the tribes as a yardstick for academia? Seems you listen to too much IPOB bureau of statistics.

If you say the Igbo rule sport, then I can also say Yorubas rule the music industry. That shouldn’t be a bragging right tho.

Every region in Nigeria is representing in Sports in Nigeria

The two highest goal scorers in the history of Super Eagles are Yoruba

When it come to sports even Northerners are representing

Yoruba absolutely dominated the betting and gambling industry in Nigeria

Bet9ja, Nairabet, 1960bet, Betking, Merrybet, Surebet247 are all own by Yoruba

Even technology Yoruba lead

Entertainment industry Yoruba lead

Yoruba have the highest numbers of Professors and SAN in Nigeria

Best higher Institutions in the South are dominated by higher institutions in South West

But you know as they says empty barrel make the loudest noise

2 Likes

Re: El-rufai Opens The Battleground For 2023 Presidency by LegendHero(m): 4:32pm On Aug 15, 2019
TSRC:

The state with the highest number of professor is IMO state according to the NUC.

It is not possible.

I went through the nonsense you wrote, and I don't believe that is what you want to use to debunk me.

Even the Nollywood itself is Igbo dominated. Two or three Yoruba English producers that just came on the scene is not what makes Nollywood.
Go to any country in Africa and ask them what is the name for a Nigerian King, they would tell you it is igwe.

Go through most of your sport teams from 1960-date and check which ethnic have been producing most talents.
Even the D' tigerees female basketball team that just qualified for the semis in Senegal is Igbo dominated.

Yeye dey smell.

I’ll reply you one by one and I want you to please use statistics or numbers to back up your claim.

Imo State can never be the state with the highest number of professors, the last time I checked it was Ekiti state. Let me tell you why SW dwarf other regions in terms of education.

The state with the highest no of professors is Ekiti.
Out of the top 10 universities in Nigeria, SW features 7 universities. For you to know about the contribution of the SW to education, lot of private universities are situated in the SW, even some of the private universities are part of the top 10 in the country. Check the highest number of researches and patents, they are majorly from SW universities, stop believing the lies of IPOB bureau of statistics.

Verdict: The Igbo man future is Yorubas yesterday in education.

Other countries watch those nollywood movies coz they are in English and major Yoruba movies are in Yoruba language. The Yoruba sectors of the movie industry produces the highest number of films, that’s a fact. The Yoruba movie industry contribute huge revenue to Nolywood in general. English movies features actors from high Yoruba and Igbos so you can’t use that as a distinguishing factor.

You are right about the sport team, Igbos dominate that for sure. But what about the Music industry? Yoruba dominate that both in the country and in diaspora. Right from the time of Fela, Ebenezer Obey, Fuji, and now to the current Corp of hip-pop artist, most successful musicians are Yorubas. From Dbanj, wozkid, Davido, kiss daniel, Burna boy (mixed SS & SW) in the local scene. Sade Adu, Wale, and Rotimi on the int’l scene and a host of others.

You won’t hear the Yorubas brag about our achievements coz it’s already the norm.
Re: El-rufai Opens The Battleground For 2023 Presidency by LegendHero(m): 4:39pm On Aug 15, 2019
LazyGold:

Every region in Nigeria is representing in Sports in Nigeria

The two highest goal scorers in the history of Super Eagles are Yoruba

When it come to sports even Northerners are representing

Yoruba absolutely dominated the betting and gambling industry in Nigeria

Bet9ja, Nairabet, 1960bet, Betking, Merrybet, Surebet247 are all own by Yoruba

Even technology Yoruba lead

Entertainment industry Yoruba lead

Yoruba have the highest numbers of Professors and SAN in Nigeria

Best higher Institutions in the South are dominated by higher institutions in South West

But you know as they says empty barrel make the loudest noise

Thank you for your submission. Yorubas don’t brag simply because we’ve recognized our achievement as the norm. The Igbos need to catchup hence they always hype any single achievement to make people notice them. Statistics at hand favor the Yorubas in all aspect ( Economy, industries, education, service sector, Entertainment, solid minerals, Tax remittance to the FG, GDP, e.t.c).

The sport betting industry alone is a several billion naira industry in Nigeria and that’s booming and pioneered by the SW investors.

I’m even tired to keep listing the achievements coz it’s too much to list.

Always tell them this when they argue with you:
The Igbo man future is the Yoruba’s yesterday.

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Opens The Battleground For 2023 Presidency by PharoahIII: 4:50pm On Aug 15, 2019
[color=#006600][/color]
LegendHero:

I’ll reply you one by one and I want you to please use statistics or numbers to back up your claim.

Imo State can never be the state with the highest number of professors, the last time I checked it was Ekiti state. Let me tell you why SW dwarf other regions in terms of education.

Out of the top 10 universities in Nigeria, SW features 7 universities. For you to know about the contribution of the SW to education, lot of private universities are situated in the SW, even some of the private universities are part of the top 10 in the country. Check the highest number of researches and patents, they are majorly from SW universities, stop believing the lies of IPOB bureau of statistics.

Other countries watch those nollywood movies coz they are in English and major Yoruba movies are in Yoruba language. The Yoruba sectors of the movie industry produces the highest number of films, that’s a fact. The Yoruba movie industry contribute huge revenue to Nolywood in general. English movies features actors from high Yoruba and Igbos so you can’t use that as a distinguishing factor.

You are right about the sport team, Igbos dominate that for sure. But what about the Music industry? Yoruba dominate that both in the country and in diaspora. Right from the time of Fela, Ebenezer Obey, Fuji, and now to the current Corp of hip-pop artist, most successful musicians are Yorubas. From Dbanj, wozkid, Davido, kiss daniel, Burna boy (mixed SS & SW) in the local scene. Sade Adu, Wale, and Rotimi on the int’l scene and a host of others.

You won’t hear the Yorubas brag about our achievements coz it’s already the norm.

Please let's stop all this talk of what tribe is the more educated of the two, the so-called education is even that of the white man and about his past and his history. If the argument had been which of the two tribes is more knowledgeable about her own history then yes it might be acceptable. At the end of the day we are one. A white man doesn't care if you are Igbo or Yoruba, all he sees is a monkey. Let us learn to love ourselves.
PS Philip Emegwali (an Igbo man) has the highest IQ ever recorded for an African, he has an IQ even higher than that of Albert Einstein. please before you say I'm lying google it.
Re: El-rufai Opens The Battleground For 2023 Presidency by LegendHero(m): 4:58pm On Aug 15, 2019
PharoahIII:
[color=#006600][/color]

Please let's stop all this talk of what tribe is the more educated of the two, the so-called education is even that of the white man and about his past and his history. If the argument had been which of the two tribes is more knowledgeable about her own history then yes it might be acceptable. At the end of the day we are one. A white man doesn't care if you are Igbo or Yoruba, all he sees is a monkey. Let us learn to love ourselves.
PS Philip Emegwali (an Igbo man) has the highest IQ ever recorded for an African, he has an IQ even higher than that of Albert Einstein. please before you say I'm lying google it.

You’re saying the truth regarding Philip Emegwali and I respect the man a lot.

Tho Wole Soyinka also is the only Black man of African origin to win the Nobel laureate in a category other than the Peace price ( peace is like a gift to recognize people with impact on humanity and not about academics per say).

Normally we shouldn’t be comparing both tribes based on academic achievements coz we have lot of Yorubas and Igbos doing well. But I just hate it when people lie about statistics to achieve some sort of bragging right. Each tribe has their own strength and weaknesses but it’s very important to correct people when they project false statistics.
Re: El-rufai Opens The Battleground For 2023 Presidency by LazyGold(m): 4:59pm On Aug 15, 2019
TSRC:

It is not possible.

Yeye dey smell.

The state with the highest numbers of professors in Nigeria is Ekiti State

Yoruba is still the most Educated tribe in Nigeria

Yoruba have the highest numbers of professors

Highest numbers of SAN

Best Institutions in Nigeria are dominated by Institutions in South West

So what exactly do you want to use to say otherwise?

Even with the recent poor performance of South West in WAEC the best WAEC student through out West Africa last year was still from South West and South West still use to perform very well in NECO so you can not use that to determine level of education

Even the Nollywood you are talking about comprises of all Nigerian films and every region in Nigeria is contributing

When it come to popularity the English part might be more popular and even the English actors and actresses comes from every region in Nigeria

Even in Sports every region in Nigeria is contributing, the most talents come from your region but how come the two highest goal scorers in the History of super Eagles are Yoruba?

Do you even know that the Dtigress team have been dominated by Yoruba in the past?

Yoruba dominated almost every sectors in Nigeria undecided

But empty barrel make the loudest Noise

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Opens The Battleground For 2023 Presidency by PharoahIII: 5:11pm On Aug 15, 2019
LegendHero:

You’re saying the truth regarding Philip Emegwali and I respect the man a lot.

Tho Wole Soyinka also is the only Black man of African origin to win the Nobel laureate in a category other than the Peace price ( peace is like a gift to recognize people with impact on humanity and not about academics per say).

Normally we shouldn’t be comparing both tribes based on academic achievements coz we have lot of Yorubas and Igbos doing well. But I just hate it when people lie about statistics to achieve some sort of bragging right. Each tribe has their own strength and weaknesses but it’s very important to correct people when they project false statistics.

[color=#006600][/color]
If you look at the number of people who did not win the Nobel prize in lit. you'll sooner learn not to attach too much importance to it. Not that I begrudge Wole Soyinka, certainly not (I'm Igbo but I think he's a better writer than Achebe.) If people like James Joyce, Vladimir Nabokov then I don't think it is an important prize, considering that a man like Hemingway won it!
Re: El-rufai Opens The Battleground For 2023 Presidency by TSRC: 5:38pm On Aug 15, 2019
LazyGold:

The state with the highest numbers of professors in Nigeria is Ekiti State

Yoruba is still the most Educated tribe in Nigeria

Yoruba have the highest numbers of professors

Highest numbers of SAN

Best Institutions in Nigeria are dominated by Institutions in South West

So what exactly do you want to use to say otherwise?

Even with the recent poor performance of South West in WAEC the best WAEC student through out West Africa last year was still from South West and South West still use to perform very well in NECO so you can not use that to determine level of education

Even the Nollywood you are talking about comprises of all Nigerian films and every region in Nigeria is contributing

When it come to popularity the English part might be more popular and even the English actors and actresses comes from every region in Nigeria

Even in Sports every region in Nigeria is contributing, the most talents come from your region but how come the two highest goal scorers in the History of super Eagles are Yoruba?

Do you even know that the Dtigress team have been dominated by Yoruba in the past?

Yoruba dominated almost every sectors in Nigeria undecided

But empty barrel make the loudest Noise

Ekiti state is no longer the state with the highest number of professors.
Better get current with the times. I get am before no be property.
The first vice chancellors of your Yoruba universities were Igbo.
That is an indelible record.

You have finally moved from yorubaa helped Nollywood to everybody helped Nollywood.
Don't worry, you would soon come closer to the the truth.

The English part is more popular, true. But it is dominated by Igbo actors, shot in igboland mostly, and produced by iweka road producers.
That is Nollywood that the world knows.

The fact that you are still arguing on sports is laughable.
You have the highest goal scorer, yet the two most successful Nigerian footballers of all times are Igbo.
Even the team that rashidi yekini and yakubu played in was dominated by Igbo players.

Go to athletics, it is the same story. Basketball the same story.

You are not only behaving like an empty vessel, you are also hanging on to past glories that have been obliterated by igbos.
Re: El-rufai Opens The Battleground For 2023 Presidency by TSRC: 5:45pm On Aug 15, 2019
LegendHero:

Actually the reverse is the case.
We have met you and overtook you in a few years in every possible strata.

There was an article where a Yoruba educationist was lamenting about Igbo have displaced Yoruba in education.
There is nothing Yoruba have done that Igbos have not matched.
If not for the civil war which crippled the Igbo people, you wouldn't have gone so far ahead in the first place given how highly educated Igbos in the first republic were.
But thank God for God.

As for the rest of your post, I have answered it already.
Re: El-rufai Opens The Battleground For 2023 Presidency by LegendHero(m): 5:55pm On Aug 15, 2019
TSRC:

Actually the reverse is the case.
We have met you and overtook you in a few years in every possible strata.

There was an article where a Yoruba educationist was lamenting about Igbo have displaced Yoruba in education.
There is nothing Yoruba have done that Igbos have not matched.
If not for the civil war which crippled the Igbo people, you wouldn't have gone so far ahead in the first place given how highly educated Igbos in the first republic were.
But thank God for God.

As for the rest of your post, I have answered it already.

Lol, I won’t indulge you in any further argument. You’ve already conceded to the fact that the Yorubas are well placed in education based on all statistics.

Even in the economy and industry, the Yorubas beat the SE region to that.

My main question is simply that what made you say the first thing you said about the Igbo dominating all sector? Did you say that by mistake or you’re just trying to troll?

Mention one single metrics where the Igbo nation is better by other region and base that on actual statistics.

Let me list them, just mention one where the Igbo (SE) dominate.

Crude oil
Economy
GDP
Manufacturing Industry
Agricultural industry
Service sector (IT, Telecommunications, e.t.c)
Banking and finance industry
Solid minerals industry
Tax remittance to the FG
Education industry
Entertainment industry

Which one of these has its root deeply in the SE? Where exactly does the Igbo region lead, please reply me in short summary with statistics.

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Opens The Battleground For 2023 Presidency by LegendHero(m): 6:01pm On Aug 15, 2019
PharoahIII:

[color=#006600][/color]
If you look at the number of people who did not win the Nobel prize in lit. you'll sooner learn not to attach too much importance to it. Not that I begrudge Wole Soyinka, certainly not (I'm Igbo but I think he's a better writer than Achebe.) If people like James Joyce, Vladimir Nabokov then I don't think it is an important prize, considering that a man like Hemingway won it!

Let me correct your notion about Nobel price. It’s one of the highest honor an individual can acheive. I’m not talking about the Nobel peace price.

We have:
Nobel price in Literature
Nobel price in physics
Nobel price in Chemistry
Nobel price in psychology or medicine
Nobel pice in economy
Nobel peace price.

The only category that dosen’t require much academic input is the peace category and that can be given to anybody.

Wole Soyinka is the only black man of African origin that had the Nobel peace category in academics in the world.

Don’t try to mix the peace price with the price in literature. He is a legend!

We have lot of Nobel price holders in Africa but all of them are in the category of the peace price (Sirleaf, Mandela and the likes).

Do you understand what I’m tryna drive at?

1 Like

Re: El-rufai Opens The Battleground For 2023 Presidency by LazyGold(m): 6:27pm On Aug 15, 2019
TSRC:

Ekiti state is no longer the state with the highest number of professors.
Better get current with the times. I get am before no be property.
The first vice chancellors of your Yoruba universities were Igbo.
That is an indelible record.

You have finally moved from yorubaa helped Nollywood to everybody helped Nollywood.
Don't worry, you would soon come closer to the the truth.

The English part is more popular, true. But it is dominated by Igbo actors, shot in igboland mostly, and produced by iweka road producers.
That is Nollywood that the world knows.

The fact that you are still arguing on sports is laughable.
You have the highest goal scorer, yet the two most successful Nigerian footballers of all times are Igbo.
Even the team that rashidi yekini and yakubu played in was dominated by Igbo players.

Go to athletics, it is the same story. Basketball the same story.

You are not only behaving like an empty vessel, you are also hanging on to past glories that have been obliterated by igbos.

I will stop arguing with you because it is pointless

Being the first Vice Chancellors of UI and UNILAG was a prove of Azikiwe nepotistic government

Yoruba is the most Educated tribe in Nigeria

Yoruba lead and dominate in almost everything In Nigeria and there is stats to back it up

The two highest goal scorers in the history of super Eagles are Yoruba

Go to basketball you will see Yoruba there

Go to Athletics you will see Yoruba

Every region in Nigeria contributed heavily and is contributing to the success of sports in Nigeria but you guys are trying to claim all the success with all your nonsense and empty noise making

The highest grossing Nigerian films are dominated by films directed by Yoruba and Yoruba participated in

You can still feel Yoruba domination in many sectors in Nigeria

Empty vessel calling someone empty vessel

The funniest thing is that you guys love solely claiming the success of what every region contributes to

Re: El-rufai Opens The Battleground For 2023 Presidency by Amumaigwe: 6:29pm On Aug 15, 2019
Printerscanner:

Presidency has been unofficially zoned to the South or North through gentleman's agreement. Presidency has never been zone to the North-West, North-Central, South-East, South-South, North-East or South-West. The zoning is North/South, that is two regions and not six regions.

But APC didn't even zone to regions, they zoned to individuals. Remember Senator Lawan & Femi Gbajabiamila? What's your point? APC will zone the 2023 presidency to Nasir El Rufai and there is nothing the noisy SW can do about it.
Re: El-rufai Opens The Battleground For 2023 Presidency by NASTYNASOSO: 10:44pm On Aug 15, 2019
LegendHero:

Even El-Rufai will laugh at your assertion. Let me tell you the truth, no one in APC can wrestle the presidential ticket from the Tinubu Caucus. Tinubu wield a lot of power in APC and El-Rufai cannot beat Asiwaju caucus to the APC primary pres. ticket.

You all give too much power to El-Rufai like he’s some sort of invisible Demi God. Tinubu owns the APC chairman (Oshiomhole), senate president is his boy, the speaker is his boy, mos APC NWC guys are his boys. Ganduje, Shekarau et.al. are Tinubu allies. Even the Igbo guys in APC will support Tinubu coz money rules all party primaries.

The only one that can stop Tinubu in APC is Buhari. But I’m sure Buhari won’t want to influence the primaries coz it’s very dangerous to the stability within APC.

HMMMMMMMM

GUY ALL THESE YOUR LOCAL PRIMARY SCHOOL PERMUTATIONS WONT ADD ANY RELEVANCE TO THE TOPIC AT HAND .
YOU ARE NOT A POLITICIAN

YOU HAVE NO IDEA OF HOW POLITICS ROLL IN OTHER AREAS OF THE
COUNTRY.

YOU JUST FORGOT THAT POLITICS IS ABOUT NUMBERS.YOU SIMPLY DO NOT KNOW THE NUMBER SW CONTRIBUTES.

YOU TALK OF MONEY AS IF MONEY POLITICS HAS ANY EFFECT IN THE NORTH.GOAN ASK ATIKU

OSHIOMOLE AND THE SENATE PRESIDENT JUST HAVE INFLUENCE OVER THEIR TOWNS FOLKS NONE OF THEM CAN CONTROL THE TEAMING NW GLADIATORS.

YOU ARE SIMPLY A WARD POLITICIAN
Re: El-rufai Opens The Battleground For 2023 Presidency by Olril18(m): 11:35pm On Aug 15, 2019
LegendHero:

You are totally correct tho.

Osinbajo will get 85% vote or more in the SW but I’m afraid of the core north vote.

Fashola will get the 85% vote or more also in SW and will get more vote than an Osinbajo in the north by normal reasoning.

Tinubu is too powerful, some northern cabals might even want to work against him coz they wouldn’t want someone that powerful as the president. Although this argument is left to debate.
Sw will never give a candidate 60 percent,talk more of 85...we have moved past that era..
Re: El-rufai Opens The Battleground For 2023 Presidency by Olril18(m): 11:42pm On Aug 15, 2019
WiLdFLame:
now I see you don’t know anything about southwest. Come 2023 the Yoruba nation will be locked down for APC. Large blockvotes that will scare everyone . This is the firsttime the south west will be working really hard with power , strategy and investment in to getting the presidency. 2023 will be just like 1993 in terms of votes
u guys are so funny..sw isn't on lockdown for Apc..and you know it too
we don't give blockvotes in SW and that's the reality.
no party in SW will get 60 percent winning,talk more of 80.
you sound as if you have sampled opinion of all people in SW.. lol
Re: El-rufai Opens The Battleground For 2023 Presidency by rosebowl01(m): 12:28am On Aug 16, 2019
OfoIgbo:
If Tinubu intends to run, what it means is that zoning is suspended, afterall the only geopolitical zone that has the greatest claim to this presidency is the south east.

I have nothing against El-Rufai running, afterall Tinubu will also be running for it. Igbos will not cede the Southern slot to Tinubu, so El-Rufai is welcome

Tinubu cannot eat his cake and have it. If Tinubu wants zoning, then it MUST be zoned to the south east, otherwise zoning is suspended

I do not support Tinubu nor the SW for the presidency, but I thought SE said they do not want the presidency? I thought it was just the politicians among you that are fighting and requesting for power to be shifted to SE?
Re: El-rufai Opens The Battleground For 2023 Presidency by Ekpeitit(m): 1:52am On Aug 16, 2019
samueloduoye:
Kaduna State Governor, Nasir El-Rufai, gave Nigerians a clear hint about his intention for 2023 presidential race at the weekend. It has been in the realm of speculation before now, and people had thought the zoning clause will stand against him, even if he declares an interest.

To put himself in the perfect position to contest, he made a case for the abandonment of zoning arrangements for political offices as currently obtainable in the country. Normally, it’s expected that, with President Buhari out, a southerner will take his place. But El-Rufai is striving to change this.

Continue reading here: https://qwenu.com/2019/08/14/el-rufai-opens-the-battleground-for-2023-presidency/
Re: El-rufai Opens The Battleground For 2023 Presidency by Ekpeitit(m): 1:53am On Aug 16, 2019
Of course we don't want zoning, that's the only way we will never have an Igbo president.
We like it like that,let the Biafrans contest and see how far they will go.
Re: El-rufai Opens The Battleground For 2023 Presidency by OfoIgbo: 9:22am On Aug 16, 2019
rosebowl01:

I do not support Tinubu nor the SW for the presidency, but I thought SE said they do not want the presidency? I thought it was just the politicians among you that are fighting and requesting for power to be shifted to SE?

Some people in the SE want restructuring
Some in the SE want presidency
Some in the SE want Biafra.

What they all have in common is that they are still de jure Nigerian citizens which means they can still all vote within Nigeria. They are also all protecting the SE interest.

SEners that want Biafra, will not vote for Tinubu because he worked against a Biafran in 2015.
SEners that want restructuring will not vote for Tinubu, because he supports an uneducated herdsman who is vehemently anti-restructuring in preference for the more educated, more pro-restructuring GEJ.
SEners that want presidency will not vote for Tinubu, because Yorubas have already had their time between 1999-2007 and it will be unfair for a Yoruba man to take the southern slot, when the SE have not had a go.

And because of the above, they will all gladly dump Tinubu in preference for a northerner, afterall a northerner will only be there for a maximum of 8 years after which, the South East will have another shot at the presidency.

The only sort of Yorubas that the SE people will consider voting for, will be people like Fayose, Fani Kayode e.t.c, but we know these individuals will be a huge flop in the north, so the best logical way to go, is to support a northerner that chooses a SEner as his VP.
Re: El-rufai Opens The Battleground For 2023 Presidency by rosebowl01(m): 3:24pm On Aug 19, 2019
OfoIgbo:

Some people in the SE want restructuring
Some in the SE want presidency
Some in the SE want Biafra.

What they all have in common is that they are still de jure Nigerian citizens which means they can still all vote within Nigeria. They are also all protecting the SE interest.

SEners that want Biafra, will not vote for Tinubu because he worked against a Biafran in 2015.
SEners that want restructuring will not vote for Tinubu, because he supports an uneducated herdsman who is vehemently anti-restructuring in preference for the more educated, more pro-restructuring GEJ.
SEners that want presidency will not vote for Tinubu, because Yorubas have already had their time between 1999-2007 and it will be unfair for a Yoruba man to take the southern slot, when the SE have not had a go.

And because of the above, they will all gladly dump Tinubu in preference for a northerner, afterall a northerner will only be there for a maximum of 8 years after which, the South East will have another shot at the presidency.

The only sort of Yorubas that the SE people will consider voting for, will be people like Fayose, Fani Kayode e.t.c, but we know these individuals will be a huge flop in the north, so the best logical way to go, is to support a northerner that chooses a SEner as his VP.

Hmmn, very clear and good points. But my concern is; taking multiple and divergent positions on the same issue might be (it clearly already is) a disadvantage to achieving any of these things at all.
It is absolutely true that SE should be the next destination for Nigeria's presidency, but the issue is that, the same problem that a Fayose or Fani-Kayode will have with the northern(and some others) votes is the same problem a SE candidate will have (or you disagree?), so how do they intend to overcome that?
In my opinion, I think SE should address their concerns and stake their natural claims one at a time ie for now, focus on the presidency and the presidency alone. When they get it, they should ensure all the imbalances(ie revenue sharing, military training bases, armories etc) in the system are fixed using the power of the position, then afterwards, (2) demand a referendum so that everybody determines their fate. Who knows, northern parasites may see that as an option too ie when the reality hits them in their faces?
I believe this is the most realistic approach.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Not pictures but video of how ESN killed Igwe Aguleri - GRAPHIC VIDEO / Buhari Urges Senate To Confirm NCC, FJSC Nominees / LP Exonerates Embattled Chairman, Abure Over Alleged N40m Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 152
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.