Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,806 members, 7,798,720 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

MTN Just Played Me Modern Scam!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN Just Played Me Modern Scam!!! (1785 Views)

Did MTN Just Reduce Their Night Plan Data? / MTN Just Scammed Me Big Time!!! / MTN Just Gave 11.7 Gigabyte. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Just Played Me Modern Scam!!! by coolcentbigman(m): 6:10pm On Aug 14, 2019
I have been hearing of this MTN WELCOME BACK OFFER but since they started the promo, i tried doing it once but i was not eligible since them i gave and use my Glo instead. I have this Mtn sim i borrow up to #500 and i haven't paid back so i stopped recharging the line though it was the main Line which i used for calls.

So recently i was forced to recharge on the sim which took #445 out of the #500 so i was left with #55, i saw a welcome back message telling me i'm now eligible for the offer, i was surprised because some people said it doesn't work on sim with dept. My problem was i Loaded card of #2500 to sub 1k and send the remaining 1k to my sis after paying my #500 dept but when i check my acct it was 1k and Mtn gave of me a bonus offer of 5k for voice call and 25k for data. The data lasted for just 2 days with few downloading i did which med file size(105mb-256mb).

My annoyance is that my pulse tariff plan doesn't consume much airtime for calls but now i made a call of of 21:56mins and they charged #857, i was shocked but tried making another call for 6mins and the charges was outrageous. The bonus is almost finished and the data has been exhausted already but the airtime bonus is worst..
I have heard people complaining abt Mtn i never believed but now i do.

Pls is this how the Welcomeback package works?? because i feel bad right now.
Re: MTN Just Played Me Modern Scam!!! by Beblessedbaba: 6:24pm On Aug 14, 2019
Sakamaje
Re: MTN Just Played Me Modern Scam!!! by OneKinGuy(m): 6:41pm On Aug 14, 2019
To use the welcome bsck data, Use *131*65# to buy the data
Re: MTN Just Played Me Modern Scam!!! by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 14, 2019
First time of recharging on the welcome back sim after 30 days they take whatever you load and convert it to a bonus. Was really mad when i discovered this cause i loaded 1000 discovered nothing there only had to call customer care and found out what they did. Am going to buy that sim a good coffin and give it a befitting burial after this.

1 Like

Re: MTN Just Played Me Modern Scam!!! by Nobody: 7:05pm On Aug 14, 2019
This was happened. Mtn converted your first recharge as a result of non usuage to a bonus hence the deduction of that outrageous amount. MTN will collect the amount you owe them anytime you recharge your phone.
Re: MTN Just Played Me Modern Scam!!! by Babalegba(m): 9:07pm On Aug 14, 2019
The first recharge is converted to bonuses but also be aware that in about three weeks or so they will convert another recharge to bonuses but they will notify you this time
Re: MTN Just Played Me Modern Scam!!! by ZesusHVWritter(m): 9:31pm On Aug 14, 2019
It happened to me too... I don't want to go into too much details. But if there was one person mtn didn't need to pick an offence with, that would be me. Just like a master with a puppet, I am willing to shake mtn down.
Re: MTN Just Played Me Modern Scam!!! by coolcentbigman(m): 9:55pm On Aug 14, 2019
fidalgo19:
First time of recharging on the welcome back sim after 30 days they take whatever you load and convert it to a bonus. Was really mad when i discovered this cause i loaded 1000 discovered nothing there only had to call customer care and found out what they did. Am going to buy that sim a good coffin and give it a befitting burial after this.

I'm telling you bro, it's very painful especially when you've set your budget.
Re: MTN Just Played Me Modern Scam!!! by coolcentbigman(m): 10:01pm On Aug 14, 2019
asuustrike1:
This was happened. Mtn converted your first recharge as a result of non usuage to a bonus hence the deduction of that outrageous amount. MTN will collect the amount you owe them anytime you recharge your phone.

I know they'll collect the money i owned them and that's why i recharge #500 first. My problem now is the way they deduct this bonus because the #5000 bonus given to me, it's like #500 normal recharge card and they collected my #1000 without notifying me and that's how weird it is bro.
Re: MTN Just Played Me Modern Scam!!! by coolcentbigman(m): 10:03pm On Aug 14, 2019
OneKinGuy:
To use the welcome bsck data, Use *131*65# to buy the data

I know about this bro.
Re: MTN Just Played Me Modern Scam!!! by Nobody: 10:06pm On Aug 14, 2019
coolcentbigman:

I know they'll collect the money i owned them and that's why i recharge #500 first. My problem now is the way they deduct this bonus because the #5000 bonus given to me, it's like #500 normal recharge card and they collected my #1000 without notifying me and that's how weird it is bro.
Yeah. They are forcing a package on your throat even if you don't want to
Re: MTN Just Played Me Modern Scam!!! by Godsage(m): 1:05am On Aug 15, 2019
When i did mine.. I loaded 300 naira.. It dissapeared also.. Gave me 5000 call time and 1gb..

Now i use 200 for 1gb fr 7days.. Didnt regret anything later
Re: MTN Just Played Me Modern Scam!!! by Nobody: 4:06am On Aug 15, 2019
coolcentbigman:
I have been hearing of this MTN WELCOME BACK OFFER but since they started the promo, i tried doing it once but i was not eligible since them i gave and use my Glo instead. I have this Mtn sim i borrow up to #500 and i haven't paid back so i stopped recharging the line though it was the main Line which i used for calls.

So recently i was forced to recharge on the sim which took #445 out of the #500 so i was left with #55, i saw a welcome back message telling me i'm now eligible for the offer, i was surprised because some people said it doesn't work on sim with dept. My problem was i Loaded card of #2500 to sub 1k and send the remaining 1k to my sis after paying my #500 dept but when i check my acct it was 1k and Mtn gave of me a bonus offer of 5k for voice call and 25k for data. The data lasted for just 2 days with few downloading i did which med file size(105mb-256mb).

My annoyance is that my pulse tariff plan doesn't consume much airtime for calls but now i made a call of of 21:56mins and they charged #857, i was shocked but tried making another call for 6mins and the charges was outrageous. The bonus is almost finished and the data has been exhausted already but the airtime bonus is worst..
I have heard people complaining abt Mtn i never believed but now i do.

Pls is this how the Welcomeback package works?? because i feel bad right now.

Lol bro my advise is since you download large file, just buy RDP, it cost around 5k a month. Download whatever you want to without using your data. Then just link your pc flash drive to rdp and copy and paste your downloaded files or whatever to a flash drive. Easy peez
Re: MTN Just Played Me Modern Scam!!! by ScionOfLight(m): 9:27am On Aug 15, 2019
fidalgo19:
I didn't know that also, I recharged and next thing I saw was some outrageous amount of bonus. I checked my airtime and they ha zapped it, that pained me a lot since I wanted my airtime instead of the bonus.
The bonus didn't even last
Re: MTN Just Played Me Modern Scam!!! by mosho2good: 9:36am On Aug 15, 2019
Odogu9195:

Lol bro my advise is since you download large file, just buy RDP, it cost around 5k a month. Download whatever you want to without using your data. Then just link your pc flash drive to rdp and copy and paste your downloaded files or whatever to a flash drive. Easy peez

can u tell me more about this RDP
What is it like
can I use it in my android phone
Re: MTN Just Played Me Modern Scam!!! by Nobody: 12:15pm On Aug 15, 2019
mosho2good:

can u tell me more about this RDP
What is it like
can I use it in my android phone
I usually use it on pc. But read this guide on how to use it on phone https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/remote/remote-desktop-services/clients/remote-desktop-android. RDP is like a virtual computer. Just google what is rdp
Re: MTN Just Played Me Modern Scam!!! by coolcentbigman(m): 12:26pm On Aug 15, 2019
Odogu9195:

Pls i have heard about this RDP before but i thought it's just a software and pls bro explain in details, how does it work and where can i purchase it?
Re: MTN Just Played Me Modern Scam!!! by Nobody: 2:00pm On Aug 15, 2019
coolcentbigman:

Pls i have heard about this RDP before but i thought it's just a software and pls bro explain in details, how does it work and where can i purchase it?

Remote Desktop Connection (RDP)try to google what is rdp, google would explain it better. It’s not a software, it’s a virtual computer. It’s simply to connect to another computer somewhere else other than your own pc

1 Like

Re: MTN Just Played Me Modern Scam!!! by Nobody: 2:01pm On Aug 15, 2019
coolcentbigman:

Remote Desktop Connection (RDP)try to google what is rdp, google would explain it better. It’s not a software, it’s a virtual computer. It’s simply to connect to another computer somewhere else other than your own pc
Re: MTN Just Played Me Modern Scam!!! by coolcentbigman(m): 2:06pm On Aug 15, 2019
Odogu9195:

OK thanks, why i thought it a software it's becas the guy who i heard it from said it's from Microsoft.
Re: MTN Just Played Me Modern Scam!!! by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 15, 2019
coolcentbigman:
OK thanks, why i thought it a software it's becas the guy who i heard it from said it's from Microsoft.
Yes bro is from Microsoft. If you like to download stuffs on the internet. Then you need it. Because if you shutdown you pc, and later turn it back on your download won’t be affected. Simply put, you are not using your pc for the download just a virtual computer is what you using, And it doesn’t use your data for the download. Years ago when I they into pirated movies na Wetin we they use. Just go on torrent download the latest blue ray movies and go from there. In a month we download up to 2 thousand movies with just 6k a month lol
Re: MTN Just Played Me Modern Scam!!! by coolcentbigman(m): 2:34pm On Aug 15, 2019
Odogu9195:

Yes bro is from Microsoft. If you like to download stuffs on the internet. Then you need it. Because if you shutdown you pc, and later turn it back on your download won’t be affected. Simply put, you are not using your pc for the download just a virtual computer is what you using, And it doesn’t use your data for the download. Years ago when I they into pirated movies na Wetin we they use. Just go on torrent download the latest blue ray movies and go from there. In a month we download up to 2 thousand movies with just 6k a month lol

Omo no be small tin, i will give it a try.
Re: MTN Just Played Me Modern Scam!!! by Apexnetwork: 7:52am On Aug 20, 2019
Odogu9195:

Can you sell rdp to me?
Re: MTN Just Played Me Modern Scam!!! by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 20, 2019
Apexnetwork:

Can you sell rdp to me?
No bro I no they sell. Routerhosting.com go here and buy it

(1) (Reply)

Gionee M5 for sale / Why 2go Messenger Died / I Need A Phone I Can Buy For My Sister At The Rate Of ₦25000 - ₦30000

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.