Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,066 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

What To Do With 40million Naira? Pharmacology Or Public Health - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What To Do With 40million Naira? Pharmacology Or Public Health (556 Views)

Medical Laboratory Science, Nursing And Pharmacology Which Is Better To Study / What Is The Difference Between Pharmacology And Pharmacy? / Clinical Pharmacology Discussion Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do With 40million Naira? Pharmacology Or Public Health by greenmr327: 7:10pm On Aug 14, 2019
Hi.
I am a graduate, of BMS to be precise. And at the moment about to further my studies abroad. But I am, and have always been, a business oriented person. And I've always had the dream of owning a pharmaceutical firm, which would also later turn agro allied.
But I'm not a pharmacist and do not want to go again after graduation, through the rigours of becoming one, especially since my main interest is not drug use and administration, but just dispensation, the business aspect of pharmacy. I have relative, a graduate of pharmacy who is willing to help with his license though as per registration. But I think it entails much more than that
At the moment, I don't know if 40million naira, which is the present state of my savings toward the project is enough. I would also need answers on that.

What do you think is my best shot, an Msc and PhD in pharmacology, or public health, or just business courses which do you think would give me a wider insight of what this entails.
lawyers, pharmacists, doctors, and anyone with opinions that would prove helpful please contribute, would be indebted. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: What To Do With 40million Naira? Pharmacology Or Public Health by charliejose: 9:36pm On Aug 14, 2019
Since you are a business - oriented person, I doubt either a phD or a MPH is ideal for you.

You already have a Medical background, that should do - my former boss was an Industrial Chemist, and he owns a successful Pharmaceutical company. You could go for a MBA with a special emphasy on medical/Biomedical sciences - you should make researches on this. Try writing exams to get funding too, it will be a plus.

Good luck.
Re: What To Do With 40million Naira? Pharmacology Or Public Health by amidel(m): 9:47pm On Aug 14, 2019
40,000,000 shocked shocked .

Okay bye.

I am back grin
If possible, try to get maybe a 3-6 months experience working in a Pharmaceutical company to know how the drug market works. How they source for API's, distribution et al.
A Master's degree in Pharmacy management might help too but I don't know much on that.

Good luck.
Re: What To Do With 40million Naira? Pharmacology Or Public Health by Emmitex(m): 9:58pm On Aug 14, 2019
I will suggest you go for an "MSc in pharmaceutical Business and Technology" in a country that is home to 8 of the top 10 global pharmaceutical companies.

The experiential learning and the post study work experience will help you to be grounded very well in pharmaceutical business both internationally and otherwise.

greenmr327:
Hi.
I am a graduate, of BMS to be precise. And at the moment about to further my studies abroad. But I am, and have always been, a business oriented person. And I've always had the dream of owning a pharmaceutical firm, which would also later turn agro allied.
But I'm not a pharmacist and do not want to go again after graduation, through the rigours of becoming one, especially since my main interest is not drug use and administration, but just dispensation, the business aspect of pharmacy. I have relative, a graduate of pharmacy who is willing to help with his license though as per registration. But I think it entails much more than that
At the moment, I don't know if 40million naira, which is the present state of my savings toward the project is enough. I would also need answers on that.

What do you think is my best shot, an Msc and PhD in pharmacology, or public health, or just business courses which do you think would give me a wider insight of what this entails.
lawyers, pharmacists, doctors, and anyone with opinions that would prove helpful please contribute, would be indebted. Thanks.
Re: What To Do With 40million Naira? Pharmacology Or Public Health by Period007(m): 10:59pm On Aug 14, 2019
Big bro! Don't go waste that money on any sort of education yet,I suggest u liaise with that Pharmacist cousin of urs and start up a Pharmaceutical firm be it wholesale or retail,there's to much money in drugs

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

MAPOLY Halts NYSC Process, Fails To Release Outgone HND 2 Final Results / Why The US Military Made GPS Free-to-use / PTDF Scholarship Scheme For Second Class & Third Class Graduates In Nigerians To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.