Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,251 members, 7,780,518 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 03:47 PM

Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min (44620 Views)

Trump To Temporarily Suspend Immigration Into US Amid Coronavirus Pandemic / "Idiots" With Drones Temporarily Shut Down Gatwick Airport (Photo) / Lion Kills Attendant At Agodi Zoo In Oyo As Government Shuts Down Zoo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by fizzy4luv(m): 10:06pm On Aug 14, 2019
While gokada was busy settling management issues,opay was busy with strategy,poaching best hands from gokada staff. It shouldn't be a surprise though for people with good knowledge about the industry ,gokada also did a cameo on max.ng who really is the Pioneer of this bike hailing business.
I am not a business guru but I think Salem did a wrong move with his former partner. The timing wasn't right for his exit. The best advice have been given on LinkedIn which is to partner with a fintech to be able to survive.
For those waiting for opay to crash due to the almost free rides,you might be in for a shocker . Those guys are here to ball and have good strategy to play with.
Max ng might eventually be the main competitor of opay due to their access to funding and also ability to quickly find a niche in the industry.
All these are just random thoughts anyway.shalom

3 Likes

Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by winterfell007(m): 10:17pm On Aug 14, 2019
TSRC:

Who owns opay?
Is it a Nigerian?

The CEO of Opay is a Chinese man. Opay's got heavy funding from Chinese backed venture capitalists

2 Likes

Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by GenghisAlexa1(m): 10:21pm On Aug 14, 2019
INTROVERT:
Opay has pursued them out of the market. How can 500million gokada compete with 500million opay. They better restrategize fast before O pay buys them up.

More like $50m OPay

Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by winterfell007(m): 10:22pm On Aug 14, 2019
fizzy4luv:
While gokada was busy settling management issues,opay was busy with strategy,poaching best hands from gokada staff. It shouldn't be a surprise though for people with good knowledge about the industry ,gokada also did a cameo on max.ng who really is the Pioneer of this bike hailing business.
I am not a business guru but I think Salem did a wrong move with his former partner. The timing wasn't right for his exit. The best advice have been given on LinkedIn which is to partner with a fintech to be able to survive.
For those waiting for opay to crash due to the almost free rides, you might be in for a shocker. Those guys are here to ball and have good strategy to play with.
Max ng might eventually be the main competitor of opay due to their access to funding and also ability to quickly find a niche in the industry.

Spot on man!! For real, Opay is owned by a Chinese man and the company is backed with cheap funds from Chinese backed venture capitalists. Opay has a lot of funds to waste and they ain't slowing down anytime soon
Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by LZAA: 10:27pm On Aug 14, 2019
post=81260848:

This look like a very gold and serious company who know what they are doing
RATHER LATE THAN SORRY!
All the very best guys.

Lazy Youths complaining of hunger, go register and get a GOKADA bike NOW!
Buhari won't come to your house and serve you dinner!
Stop WAILING, start RIDING GOKADA!! cheesy

We rather be on the sides with genuine people that really wants the best for the country.
That was why we supported Omotola during her stands against what is not going on well in the nation.
But for wailers, aka, children of hate and perdition that will only see negative things around, those that are too blind to see and appreciate the good things going on, we will always be against them.
You can see we are not a party person, we don't talk of any APC politicians, we only focused on our daddy and his Vice 99% of the time.
There are many bad eggs among the APC politicians just as we have in the 16 years of stealing, looting and misrule in PDP.

If we see you criticize during the bad times and appreciate during the good ones you see, then we are on the same page.
But for the ones looking for bombings and bad and negative news every morning they wake up, then we are not on the same side.

We only took the time our from the interesting CHELSEA vs Liverpool game we are watching right now to reply you. maybe cos you are a lady and more because this is the first time we are seeing you quoting us.

Hope you gerrit now, and if not, we will categorize you as someone whose soul is filled with bitterness as they abound here, If not, it is good if you criticize when things are bad and praise when you see good things.
Some wailers eyes are blind permanently to good things in life.
Okay bye, back to support the BLUES.
Hope this helps?!
This is the longest post we have ever made to a post like this!
(We don't even know we have typed this much!)
Have a nice evening madam Yetty! wink

1 Like

Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by Xyz001: 10:35pm On Aug 14, 2019
Am I the only one that is feeling this is a cooked up story.
You took a ride and you ate disappointed at the service your company provides to your customers.
You decide to shut down same day.
Re-train your staff in 12 days
Buy new and sexy bike in 12 days
Provide better service in 12 days.
Please how many day did he take to plan all these
Did he thinks he is talking to fools.
When did he scheduled the money he will spend in the next 12 days

2 Likes

Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by olamiposi007(m): 10:50pm On Aug 14, 2019
naijadrivablog:
The fear of O' Ride.

By the road way, we RIDE motorbike and not DRIVE them. Well what do I know, even GIGM call their drivers 'Pilots'.

Captain not Pilot.

2 Likes

Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by AngelicBeing: 10:52pm On Aug 14, 2019
Lexusgs430:
Saleh saw the light....... Let's hope it's not the 20 Million yearly taxation that made him jump, before he was pushed......
Hian tongue
Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by deleo16(m): 11:25pm On Aug 14, 2019
safarigirl:
This is something that should be commended

He went into the field, noticed setbacks and has chosen to address them, rather than leave them as they are. He understands the importance of quality to the integrity of a business

Most Nigerian CEOs do not understand this. They just sit in some Air Conditioned office and sign papers, without bothering to find out if their policies are being implemented properly. They are so detached from their own business, they might as well not run it.
Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by MANNABBQGRILLS: 11:29pm On Aug 14, 2019
Yettymuse, disappointed we didn't see your reply to our post where we took out our precious time to reply your quote of us.
Despite you being online for the past 2 hours.
Now we know where you really stand!
For future sake, try not to quote us again, or we'll put you where you rightly belong.
We don't have time for wailers and their rubbish.
Be guided.

*waste of time and space *
Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by omohlexy: 12:03am On Aug 15, 2019
Why should I ride on a bike when there is uber? Do we have special lane for bikes? All these bike riders that are popping trams like bus drivers. Both will just be like werey on the highways. Hope they don't break someone's legs sha.
Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by Butoneday2(m): 12:21am On Aug 15, 2019
Sweetamara2:
I dedicate this page to all the people trusting God for a breakthrough, don't lose hope , God is faithful.
ORide OPay all the way. not Gokada
Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by Ugosample(m): 1:17am On Aug 15, 2019
Khaleell001:

That's the reason most companies don't do quality checks on their products because we would rather swallow poison that is cheap than pay for a healthy fruit juice that is cost.

Our attitude generally is really toxic and off putting.

I commend the gokada CEO of he still carries out his intention.
He is indeed a worthy example.

Our attitude generally is really toxic and off putting.

this above is very true, sad and unfortunate
Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by Ugosample(m): 1:18am On Aug 15, 2019
omohlexy:
Why should I ride on a bike when there is uber? Do we have special lane for bikes? All these bike riders that are popping trams like bus drivers. Both will just be like werey on the highways. Hope they don't break someone's legs sha.

uber gets stuck in traffic

okada does not

that is the difference

3 Likes

Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by Wickedfacts: 1:25am On Aug 15, 2019
fizzy4luv:
For those waiting for opay to crash due to the almost free rides,you might be in for a shocker . Those guys are here to ball and have good strategy to play with.

The Opay poached all the developers on Gokada. I mean they got the team lead and he went to Oride with all his developers. Immediately the former CEO left Gokada, the guys felt they didn't owe Gokada anything again.

I really hope Gokada survives this but I fear it's gonna end up like Lamudi. Maybe it's even Max that would acquire it eventually.

2 Likes

Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by Wickedfacts: 1:30am On Aug 15, 2019
omohlexy:

Do you live in Lagos?
Do you work or do business in Lagos?
If you do, you won't be writing this.

I have 2 cars and before I go out, I use Google map to check my route if there's traffic. If the traffic is much, i leave my cars and use Gokada.

My biggest deal this year, I used Gokada to the meeting. Traffic no fit comot food from my mouth.

1 Like

Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by omohlexy: 1:45am On Aug 15, 2019
Wickedfacts:

Do you live in Lagos?

I have 2 cars and before I go out, I use Google map to check my route if there's traffic. If the traffic is much, i leave my cars and use Gokada.

My biggest deal this year, I used Gokada to the meeting. Traffic no fit comot food from my mouth.
Stop Quoting DJ Arafat bro. He is dead now. He yusufed himself beyond broken arms and collar blade.
Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by omohlexy: 1:46am On Aug 15, 2019
Ugosample:

uber gets stuck in traffic

okada does not

that is the difference
DJ Arafat is dead. Goggle why
Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by ajl: 1:48am On Aug 15, 2019
Nigerians are generally lame ducks. Here is a foreigner coming to your country to found an Okada hailing service with a bulk of the revenue goung outside.

Before anyone dreamt of Uber or the idea of someone getting a ride on a stranger's car in the USA, we had Kabukabu. Sad that no Nigerian ever thought of removing the inefficiency of getting on a Kabu-kabu by connecting kabu-kabu riders to drivers that own kabu-kabu.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by omohlexy: 1:49am On Aug 15, 2019
Wickedfacts:

Do you live in Lagos?

Let me guess, you are a gokada rider . DJ Arafat is dead. Goggle why
Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by Ugosample(m): 1:54am On Aug 15, 2019
omohlexy:
DJ Arafat is dead. Goggle why
you are asking me who lives in Abidjan to "Google" why Arafat died tongue tongue
i should be the one telling you that my man lmao cheesy
Too bad he died the way he did tho People are in "sifia" pains here lipsrsealed
that aside They have a good safety record don't they?
Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by Ugosample(m): 1:56am On Aug 15, 2019
ajl:
Nigerians are generally lame ducks. Here is a foreigner coming to your country to found an Okada hailing service with a bulk of the revenue goung outside.

Before anyone dreamt of Uber or the idea of someone getting a ride on a stranger's car in the USA, we had Kabukabu. Sad that no Nigerian ever thought of removing the inefficiency of getting on a Kabu-kabu by connecting kabu-kabu riders to drivers that own kabu-kabu.

another way of looking at it
Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by Wickedfacts: 2:00am On Aug 15, 2019
omohlexy:
Let me guess, you are a gokada rider . DJ Arafat is dead. Goggle why

I guess you missed the part where I stated that I have two cars but leave them at home and take Gokada to beat traffic.

Attention is free but it's unfortunate you can't afford to pay attention.
Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by omohlexy: 2:03am On Aug 15, 2019
Ugosample:

you are asking me who lives in Abidjan to "Google" why Arafat died tongue tongue

i should be the one telling you that my man lmao cheesy

Too bad he died the way he did tho
People are in "sifia" pains here lipsrsealed

that aside
They have a good safety record don't they?
Safety is sure when you are Jackie Chan. Just in case else you are O.Y.O
Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by omohlexy: 2:06am On Aug 15, 2019
Wickedfacts:

I guess you missed the part where I stated that I have two cars but leave them at home and take Gokada to beat traffic.

Attention is free but it's unfortunate you can't afford to pay attention.
OK. Show me the 2 cars. Lie kee you there grin
Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by Wickedfacts: 4:05am On Aug 15, 2019
omohlexy:
OK. Show me the 2 cars. Lie kee you there grin

I should show you my cars so you can come steal them.

Are you sure you're mentally okay?

1 Like

Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by Timi2016(m): 5:16am On Aug 15, 2019
Apparently, you may be the only one. Issues don't start in a day, that was a decider for him. After all strategies, he apparently decided to be on the field to know what exactly it feels to be having such challenges amongst others. Truth is, some of those bike men/ Uber / taxify drivers are crooks! They always want to get extra money from passengers by trying to manipulating the system.

Xyz001:
Am I the only one that is feeling this is a cooked up story.
You took a ride and you ate disappointed at the service your company provides to your customers.
You decide to shut down same day.
Re-train your staff in 12 days
Buy new and sexy bike in 12 days
Provide better service in 12 days.
Please how many day did he take to plan all these
Did he thinks he is talking to fools.
When did he scheduled the money he will spend in the next 12 days

1 Like

Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by Allsingles: 6:46am On Aug 15, 2019
I dedicate this article to all the people that believe in goal getter.
Those that believe in making difference in our society.
Those that refused to accept they have failed and as well keep making efforts to put smile in the face of all individuals concerned.
Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by mankand(m): 7:04am On Aug 15, 2019
Good for them.

If are interested in Poland work visa, please call 08037825608
Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by maestroz: 7:32am On Aug 15, 2019
kings09:

I just did n it said "infinitely nothing".
Meaning u ll never contribute anything to humanity.

Think...wats d essence of ur existence?

google must have reported on your achievements as "infinitely nothing"
so sad this is your case...

so painful you can't match my records...
Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by donsheddy1(m): 8:30am On Aug 15, 2019
Was happy he stated about hygiene. This guys are dirty as a hippo.

Booked a ride one day and the bros that appeared was looking like Zebudiah in his poverty prime.

1 Like

Re: Gokada Temporarily Shuts Down After A 5min Trip By Its CEO Took More Than 15min by Revolva(m): 8:37am On Aug 15, 2019
Goo job that is why I like foreigners as ceo they are loyal and down to earth

He went to the field and take a ride and see what consumers face.

If it were to be a Nigerian he will just bone and sit in the office and be controlling things

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Truck Filled With Bottles Crashes At Iyana-Ipaja In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) / On A Road Trip to rural America,come With Me / Nigeria's Railway Revolution In Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.