Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,851 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:14 AM

Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk (25702 Views)

“In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk / Jorginho Agrees It Would Be A 'scandal' If He Wins Ballon D'or Over Messi / Virgil Van Dijk Wins PFA Player Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by Astark: 9:39pm On Aug 14, 2019
The Senegalese superstar, 27, was in superb form for Liverpool last season as the Reds finished second in the Premier League title race and captured the Champions League crown.

But Mane doesn't believe that's enough to stop the Barcelona captain, 32, from winning a record-breaking sixth Ballon d'Or.

Speaking ahead of the Super Cup clash with Chelsea, the Liverpool star was asked if he would feel 'frustrated' if Messi won France Football's coveted prize ahead of him.

Mane chuckled after hearing the question and responded with a simple "No."

The Senegal international continued: "I will recognise that he deserves to win it.

"For sure, everybody knows Messi, so I don't have to describe how good he is."

Van Dijk, 28, is widely tipped to challenge Messi for the Ballon d'Or award later this year.

But the Dutch centre-back admitted after Liverpool's Champions League success that the five-time Ballon d'Or winner should win the award again.

"I think Messi is the best player in the world," the Reds star told reporters.

"He deserves it as long as he plays, so the Ballon d'Or is not something I'm thinking of.

"If it happens, obviously I would take it, but I don't think there is any [chance].

"He is still the best player in the world. It doesn't matter if he's not in the Champions League final."

Argentine superstar Messi took home the European Golden Shoe last season as Barcelona lifted the La Liga title.

But the Barca talisman suffered heartbreak as Liverpool produced a stunning Champions League semi-final comeback to knock the Spanish champions out of the competition.

A sixth Ballon d'Or for Messi would move him ahead of arch-rival Cristiano Ronaldo as the outright record holder.

Liverpool will take on Chelsea today at 8pm UK time in Istanbul.

Should Messi win the Ballon d'Or?
http://www.sportbible.com/football/news-sadio-mane-backs-lionel-messi-to-win-the-ballon-dor-over-van-dijk-20190814

17 Likes

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 14, 2019
Messi deserves 2019 ballon d'or--VvD
Messi should win this year ballon--mpabbe
Messi deserve 2019 world best--mane

If messi is deny this year world best player just know the entire system is rigged

143 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by thesicilian: 9:51pm On Aug 14, 2019
That he won't feel frustrated if Messi wins the Ballon D'or is not the same as back him over Van Dijk.

Either you don't understand the statement or you're deliberately being sensational in your report.

121 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by Kneephy(m): 9:56pm On Aug 14, 2019
Ronaldo right now

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 14, 2019
thesicilian:
That he won't feel frustrated if Messi wins the Ballon D'or is not the same as back him over Van Dijk.

Either you don't understand the statement or you're deliberately being sensational in your report.
stop crying and bow down to the GOAT messi.

6 balloon d'or loading
6 golden boots
Over 600 goals.

Messi

104 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by Nobody: 10:54pm On Aug 14, 2019
Messi lalasticlala front page
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by APOPTOSIS: 2:58am On Aug 15, 2019
U mean the MESSIAH.......!!!

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by eddyghali(m): 5:46am On Aug 15, 2019
Igbosmoker:

If messi is deny this year world best player just know the entire system is rigged

These guys are not their country's captain and if VVD is, he will vote himself, so how does their statement make Messi the ultimate winner?

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by Nobody: 5:50am On Aug 15, 2019
eddyghali:

These guys are not their country's captain and if VVD is, he will vote himself, so how does their statement make Messi the ultimate winner?
because they will likely vote messi as a first or second choice.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by money121(m): 9:44am On Aug 15, 2019
Ok
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by SultanOfAbia: 9:44am On Aug 15, 2019
If i whooze Messi Slap ehhh..
Wetin him don achieve to win balloon d'or
Copa America = no achievement
Uefa Championship= no achievement

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by MachadoPreto: 9:44am On Aug 15, 2019
You can't take away from CR7

All statistics are there to prove.

He has delivered.

FIFA should be tired of giving award to a one club footballer/Wifi who can't click/work outside Nou camp

23 Likes

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by Ultimatezlant: 9:45am On Aug 15, 2019
Real recognises real.

Take Goals away from cr and messi then you would appreciate the beauty of messi.

How he manages to magnet football to his leg and breeze past players is amazing.

Messi makes football an art, he makes it magic.

Football isn't all about putting ball in a goal, its about the beauty of the sport

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by Nobody: 9:45am On Aug 15, 2019
Igbosmoker:

well he topped any list in terms of europe

they might pull a modric on him and give it to ighalo

is it not fifa and co again undecided undecided undecided

10 Likes

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by MrMou: 9:45am On Aug 15, 2019
Mane, you better calm down! The tap-in merchant in Juventus & his deluded sycophants will cry o!

33 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:48am On Aug 15, 2019
I don't get this Van Dijk hype. I mean Ramos was better for years and no one dared bring his name in the Ballon D'Or debate. Terry was on that form. Vidic was on it. And all of sudden this dude should be world best. How exactly?

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by abdulazeez1002(m): 9:48am On Aug 15, 2019
Sapiosexuality:
I don't get this Van Dijk hype. I mean Ramos was better for years and no one dared bring his name in the Ballon D'Or debate. Terry was on that form. Vidic was on it. And all of sudden this dude should be world best. How exactly?
Thats what I'm still trying to figure out. Vvd is overatted

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by Foodforthought: 9:50am On Aug 15, 2019
APOPTOSIS:
U mean the MESSIAH.......!!!
Stop.
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by helinues: 9:51am On Aug 15, 2019
Sapiosexuality:

Dont say that.. Though he is not due for the Ballon d'or but Van Dijk is a single defender that can stop 3 strikers.

Vidic had the backing of reliable Ferdinand then.. In Dirk's case, he can pair with any defender and still performs

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by Merimental(m): 9:51am On Aug 15, 2019
Sapiosexuality:

check his stats Mate.
hasn't been dribbled since last season.

d streak goes on!

10 Likes

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by Nobody: 9:51am On Aug 15, 2019
Messi that doesn't even know how to do Leg-over undecided

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by shogsman(m): 9:51am On Aug 15, 2019
This guy just became my favourite footballer. Love his down to earth attitude.

4 Likes

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by MachadoPreto: 9:51am On Aug 15, 2019
Ultimatezlant:
Real recognises real.

Take Goals away from cr and messi then you would appreciate the beauty of messi.

How he manages to magnet football to his leg and breeze past players is amazing.

Messi makes football an art, he makes it magic.

Football isn't all about putting ball in a goal, its about the beauty of the sport

And how he fails to work outside Spain

Give it to a man who has replicated dominance across continents. History will never forget that fact.

7 Likes

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by kenzysmith: 9:51am On Aug 15, 2019
mane be like, after i done score crucial goals against bayern and porto and even cost the penaty in the final i even score two goals in the just concluded super cup final, una no dey even mention my name at all make dem give messi instead. MANE I STAND WITH U

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by Sanchez01: 9:52am On Aug 15, 2019
Sapiosexuality:
Van Dijk is proudly sponsored by the English media. He is still nowhere close to Ramos.

23 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Moment John Mikel Obi Chose Manchester City To Win 2023 Champions League Final / Nigeria Vs Ukraine: Bonaventure Replaces Onyekuru / Ancelotti Wants Osimhen At Real Madrid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.