Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,316 members, 7,808,065 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:25 AM

Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk (25709 Views)

“In England We Believe The Schedules Are Too Busy.”- Van Dijk / Jorginho Agrees It Would Be A 'scandal' If He Wins Ballon D'or Over Messi / Virgil Van Dijk Wins PFA Player Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by SimplySEA(m): 11:01am On Aug 15, 2019
Ultimatezlant:
Real recognises real.

Take Goals away from cr and messi then you would appreciate the beauty of messi.

How he manages to magnet football to his leg and breeze past players is amazing.

Messi makes football an art, he makes it magic.

Football isn't all about putting ball in a goal, its about the beauty of the sport

Even at this Messi is still a better goal scorer. Check how many games it took both players to score 600 games. It CR7 over 850 games, while it took Messi just over 600 games.

3 Likes

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by SilasNwude: 11:01am On Aug 15, 2019
[s]
GeneralPula:
[/s]
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by Nobody: 11:01am On Aug 15, 2019
I don't know who will win the Ballon d'or. But I know who will not win the Ballon d'or....

Farmer's League trophy winner
Semi final cameo trophy winner and
Overhyped community shield winner, will not make the top 3 ranking despite being the icon of football marketing!!!
Bernaldo Silva injustice will speak...

1 Like

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by anonymous1759(m): 11:03am On Aug 15, 2019
Drekaz:

You dey mind the mumu people? Guess they are just reading to their slow understanding. As if there is a place where Mane said Messi deserves it over VVD. Even Mane deserves it 101%, Allison deserves it, they all deserve it!
One zombie above you is already crying that if Messi doesn't win it then the system is rigged...like say na APC and PDP dey in charge of ballon d'or.
Rubbish..make dem carry am go keep for Messi domot na.

Have you guys not Called Fifa pdp before? You criticize decisions if it doesn't favor you. When Messi won the balon d'Or 2010 you guys were screaming Sneijder but when Ronaldo won it 2013 ahead of Riberry you kept quiet hypocrites

3 Likes

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by Sanchez01: 11:08am On Aug 15, 2019
anonymous1759:

Please it's not formal competition read about it . uefa nations league it's a friendly competition for now until it pronounced formal. So it's not a criteria for anything until then so it's out of it don't use it to mislead Ronaldo fans.
And you say this with a straight face? The UEFA Nations league is European Senior men football competition composed of 55 European teams. It was adopted in 2013 and they only fixed it around the time friendly matches would be played in the FIFA calendar as there are no other free spaces to fix it. It doesn't make it a friendly competition. It only replaced the international friendly on the calendar and it is not played annually, but once in two years. You don't play friendly that way.

1 Like

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by HenryInno1(m): 11:12am On Aug 15, 2019
MachadoPreto:

And how he fails to work outside Spain

Give it to a man who has replicated dominance across continents. History will never forget that fact.
U mean we should give it to ibrahimovic?

1 Like

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by MachadoPreto: 11:13am On Aug 15, 2019
HenryInno1:

U mean we should give it to ibrahimovic?

CR7
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by Drekaz(m): 11:13am On Aug 15, 2019
anonymous1759:

Have you guys not Called Fifa pdp before? You criticize decisions if it doesn't favor you. When Messi won the balon d'Or 2010 you guys were screaming Sneijder but when Ronaldo won it 2013 ahead of Riberry you kept quiet hypocrites

Studies have it that a 'healthy' breakfast is the most important meal of the day as it enhances your brain function and ability to carry out daily activities like reading and understanding before commenting.
Please put it into practice so that it would help you to read and understand before replying.
Thanks.
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by Notatribalist(m): 11:17am On Aug 15, 2019
anonymous1759:

grin grin grin funny man now you're using trophy to judge over individual performance but when Ronaldo won the balon d'Or ahead of Riberry with just one trophy you guys were happy hypocrites.
if you talk of individuals performances I think Ronaldo is still ahead of messi..he won all nations Europa league for his country with a hattrick in semi final.how about messi?was he able to do same for Agentina?

1 Like

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by SilasNwude: 11:17am On Aug 15, 2019
[s]
MachadoPreto:

CR7
[/s]
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by Martinez39(m): 11:19am On Aug 15, 2019
Sanchez01:

2010 was obviously rigged. Journalists voted Sneidjer but Platini felt Messi deserved it even after Sneidjer's team edged Messi's in the Champions League.

Platini had always had a soft spot for Messi. The below is from Marca.
I know. My problem was that you were acting like you did not know the system is rigged.
...If messi is deny this year world best player just know the entire system is rigged

MY LIST OF BALLOON D'OR WINNERS BASED ON INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCES ALONE.

2008 : Ronaldo
2009 : Messi
2010 : Messi
2011 : Messi
2012 : Messi
2013 : Ronaldo
2014 : Ronaldo
2015 : Messi
2016 : Ronaldo
2017 : Ronaldo
2018 : Messi
2019 : Messi

Though I am a Ronaldo fan but Messi outperformed everyone last season. He took his football level and technique so high this season. Unfortunately, he didn't win much.

1 Like

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by anonymous1759(m): 11:19am On Aug 15, 2019
Sanchez01:

And you say this with a straight face? The UEFA Nations league is European Senior men football competition composed of 55 European teams. It was adopted in 2013 and they only fixed it around the time friendly matches would be played in the FIFA calendar as there are no other free spaces to fix it. It doesn't make it a friendly competition. It only replaced the international friendly on the calendar and it is not played annually, but once in two years. You don't play friendly that way.

Google is your friend.

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by Nobody: 11:27am On Aug 15, 2019
Ultimatezlant:
Real recognises real.

Take Goals away from cr and messi then you would appreciate the beauty of messi.

How he manages to magnet football to his leg and breeze past players is amazing.

Messi makes football an art, he makes it magic.

Football isn't all about putting ball in a goal, its about the beauty of the sport
That means Pep is not so successful because he spent billions yet he can't win the champions league without Messi
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by anonymous1759(m): 11:28am On Aug 15, 2019
[quote author=Notatribalist post=81276043]if you talk of individuals performances I think Ronaldo is still ahead of messi..he won all nations Europa league for his country with a hattrick in semi final.how about messi?was he able to do same for Agentina?[/

Uefa nations league replaced international friendly matches no be me talk am ask and uefa, so stop using it to judge. Messi got to the semi final in Copa America and semi final in UCL Ronaldo didn't make it that far and scored less goals. This how you guys add fake Stats and when the award is giving to Messi you'll say it's ojoro Mpape is a better performer than Ronaldo last season.
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by maik99(m): 11:29am On Aug 15, 2019
SultanOfAbia:
If i whooze Messi Slap ehhh..
Wetin him don achieve to win balloon d'or
Copa America = no achievement
Uefa Championship= no achievement

Eez nor your fault..it's the fault of football's governing bodies that have based "individual" awards on "team" achievements
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by Mkingz(m): 11:31am On Aug 15, 2019
Merimental:

check his stats Mate.
hasn't been dribbled since last season.

d streak goes on!
The streaks been broken bro...G.Jesus did it!!��

1 Like

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by Nobody: 11:31am On Aug 15, 2019
Messi individual performance last season was head and shoulders above every other player. That guy alone is Barcelona. U mark him out, barca becomes an average team. I think he deserves the award
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by maik99(m): 11:32am On Aug 15, 2019
Notatribalist:
if you talk of individuals performances I think Ronaldo is still ahead of messi..he won all nations Europa league for his country with a hattrick in semi final.how about messi?was he able to do same for Agentina?

Na only nations league be d competition dem play last season?
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by maik99(m): 11:35am On Aug 15, 2019
maybachmusic:

well he topped any list in terms of europe

they might pull a modric on him and give it to ighalo

is it not fifa and co again undecided undecided undecided
Lol
Or mahrez
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by maik99(m): 11:35am On Aug 15, 2019
Sapiosexuality:
I don't get this Van Dijk hype. I mean Ramos was better for years and no one dared bring his name in the Ballon D'Or debate. Terry was on that form. Vidic was on it. And all of sudden this dude should be world best. How exactly?

Best post today
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by Sanchez01: 11:45am On Aug 15, 2019
anonymous1759:

Google is your friend.
Do you have comprehension issues? The NATION LEAGUE REPLACES FRIENDLY MATCHES IN FIFA's CALENDAR BECAUSE THERE ARE NO OTHER AVAILABLE SLOTS FOR THE TOURNAMENT. I MENTIONED THIS BEFORE!

THE ONLY AVAILABLE SLOT ON FIFA'S CALENDAR IS FOR FRIENDLY MATCHES. FIFA ONLY FIXED THE NATION'S LEAGUE WHERE FRIENDLY MATCH SLOTS IS.

It it why it REPLACED friendly matches in FIFA'S CALENDAR. Other continents will play still play their friendlies but the same cannot be said for European teams. IT IS NOT A FRIENDLY MATCH TOURNAMENT.

1 Like

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by ayoevans6: 11:50am On Aug 15, 2019
helinues:

Dont say that.. Though he is not due for the Ballon d'or but Van Dijk is a single defender that can stop 3 strikers.

Vidic had the backing of reliable Ferdinand then.. In Dirk's case, he can pair with any defender and still performs
pls tell them
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by anonymous1759(m): 12:01pm On Aug 15, 2019
Sanchez01:

Do you have comprehension issues? The NATION LEAGUE REPLACES FRIENDLY MATCHES IN FIFA's CALENDAR BECAUSE THERE ARE NO OTHER AVAILABLE SLOTS FOR THE TOURNAMENT. I MENTIONED THIS BEFORE!

THE ONLY AVAILABLE SLOT ON FIFA'S CALENDAR IS FOR FRIENDLY MATCHES. FIFA ONLY FIXED THE NATION'S LEAGUE WHERE FRIENDLY MATCH SLOTS IS.

It it why it REPLACED friendly matches in FIFA'S CALENDAR. Other continents will play still play their friendlies but the same cannot be said for European teams. IT IS NOT A FRIENDLY MATCH TOURNAMENT.

You lack comprehension issues even Portugal that won the uefa nations league is not guaranteed a place in the euro 2020. They're are only guaranteed as the defending champion of the the Euro.

Please don't quote me again. A competition you rate high that doesn't guarantee the winner a place in top competition is useless. It might change over time but for now it remains the same.

If you win FA cup as a championship team you get promoted to be EPL that's a Formal competition. If you win world cup, euro , Copa America, UCL or your league automatically you're given a slot in the next competition that's how you identify a formal competition. No benefits is attached to Uefa Nations league for now Google and read comprehensively before you quote me.
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by Beverlyjean(f): 12:07pm On Aug 15, 2019
SimplySEA:

Even at this Messi is still a better goal scorer. Check how many games it took both players to score 600 games. It CR7 over 850 games, while it took Messi just over 600 games.

When u change clubs or league...it slows down ability due to new terrain... Ud hv to get used to it... U think if Messi had changed clubs or leagues, he wud hv scored this much.... Guy use ur head
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by candygist: 12:12pm On Aug 15, 2019
eddyghali:

These guys are not their country's captain and if VVD is, he will vote himself, so how does their statement make Messi the ultimate winner?

Messi is loved by all
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by candygist: 12:13pm On Aug 15, 2019
SultanOfAbia:
If i whooze Messi Slap ehhh..
Wetin him don achieve to win balloon d'or
Copa America = no achievement
Uefa Championship= no achievement

Thank God say you no be FIFA. You are just a internet warrior
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by Beverlyjean(f): 12:15pm On Aug 15, 2019
anonymous1759:

You lack comprehension issues even Portugal that won the uefa nations league is not guaranteed a place in the euro 2020. They're are only guaranteed as the defending champion of the the Euro.

Please don't quote me again. A competition you rate high that doesn't guarantee the winner a place in top competition is useless. It might change over time but for now it remains the same.

If you win FA cup as a championship team you get promoted to be EPL that's a Formal competition. If you win world cup, euro , Copa America, UCL or your league automatically you're given a slot in the next competition that's how you identify a formal competition. No benefits is attached to Uefa Nations league for now Google and read comprehensively before you quote me.

U are the dumb one here and u hv refused to understand how dull u are... comprehension is definitely ur problem... Uefa agreed that friendly matches is a waste and decided to create a new competition ...is that so hard to understand

Look at the nonsense u posted... Hu told u winning euros or WC will qualify u for the next competition... U don't even know anything about football and u are here arguing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by candygist: 12:15pm On Aug 15, 2019
MachadoPreto:
You can't take away from CR7

All statistics are there to prove.

He has delivered.

FIFA should be tired of giving award to a one club footballer/Wifi who can't click/work outside Nou camp

The FIFA state it that for you to be the world best you should play for different team ?
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by Sanchez01: 12:20pm On Aug 15, 2019
[s]
anonymous1759:

[/s]
Now I get you are demented. The Euro tourney is independent just as the Nation's League is independent. This is about the first time any continent would have two tourneys other than their main. You claim there is no automatic qualification into the Euro tourney for winning the Nation's League. Was there any any point I mentioned this? You used the FA and EPL as your case study which clearly shows you are out of touch with this subject matter, perhaps there is an automatic qualification into the World for winning a continental tournament. Your cluessless is dumbfounding!

What are the benefits of Copa America or the Euro? Does it guarantee you an automatic spot into the World Cup? The DEFENDING CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD CUP NO LONGER GETS AUTOMATIC QUALIFICATION AND YOU ARE BLEATING THIS RUBBISH with all arrogance and Stupidity. Should we then argue that the World Cup is a World Friendly tournament?

Ode ni bobo yìí sha grin

2 Likes

Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by Sanchez01: 12:23pm On Aug 15, 2019
Beverlyjean:

U are the dumb one here and u hv refused to understand how dull u are... comprehension is definitely ur problem... Uefa agreed that friendly matches is a waste and decided to create a new competition ...is that so hard to understand

Look at the nonsense u posted... Hu told u winning euros or WC will qualify u for the next competition... U don't even know anything about football and u are here arguing
My dear, iidiots abound on here and they brazenly display this aspect of them without thinking twice. The sheer volume of stupiidity in his post is shocking and disturbing. grin
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by Kenistry(m): 12:34pm On Aug 15, 2019
Sanchez01:

Club World Cup isn't counted. Let's face it most of these tourneys are weightier than others. While they are all national tourneys, the quality in the aren't the same, going by the teams' coefficients. The UEFA Nations League is an European tourney while the Copa is South America's. Both are on a different level, way higher than the AFCON. You only get to see one or two players plying their trade in top football teams from around the world in the latter while the formers boast star-studded sides.

Why the CWC doesn't count is because it is a congregation of World Champions and it is mostly won by the European team who wins the UCL due to their quality. It has been like that from day one and it hasn't changed.

by club football l mean various leagues & cup competitions clubs compete in. as for CWC, it's not counted because players, coaches & journalists have already voted before the tournament begins every December not this flimsy reason u gave here.
Re: Sadio Mane Backs Lionel Messi To Win The Ballon D'or Over Virgil Van Dijk by anonymous1759(m): 12:35pm On Aug 15, 2019
Beverlyjean:

You're too dumb OK. Winners of Copa America, Euro, Africa Nations cup and winners of all the continental cups including the world cup winner takes part in Confederations cup isn't it dumb azz?

Winner of the UCL takes part in the world club cup competition amongst the rest winners in the Continental league cup winners isn't it dumb azz?

Even a divisional team that wins FA cup gets promoted to the top division that's how you know a Formal competition.

Winning the Uefa nations league guarantees you nothing for now it's an empty tournament no difference From a friendly match. Ronaldo fans are real goat that's why they keep on comparing Messi and Ronaldo when the difference is clear.

Point out one benefits of winning the uefa nations league?
Uefa nations league is just like pre season we've so many tournament like Emirates cup , Audi cup, Guamper cup etc...

No doubt uefa might upgrade Uefa nations league later to make profits but for now it's a friendly competition get that inside your Ororo skull.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

FG Fulfil 28-Year-Old Pledge, Allocates Houses To AFCON 1994 Super Eagles Team / Ahmed Musa Donates School Bags, Books To Students In Jos / Glo-CAF Awards 2015.Thur 7th Jan.2016 (Today) 6pm @ Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.